Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

"Who could have foreseen that my act of eco-terrorism would have negative consequences?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Yo Tinkman or whatever the kid's name is in Tinkersons, there's such a thing as being too picky! There aren't many foods that get better as leftovers!

Jucika "130 - Jucika Doesn't Like To Carry Groceries"

"131 - Jucika And The Peaches" NSFW Nudity

What? You've never gone to a restaurant to do this?

"132 - Jucika And The Autumn Foliage"

That wacky NATO!

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jul 19, 2021

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
🍑 💦

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Doomykins posted:

"131 - Jucika And The Peaches" NSFW Nudity

What? You 've never gone to a restaurant to do this?

This Jucika is far too horny.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

His Divine Shadow posted:

Must be something american, never understood this abundant red delicious hate I see online.
Personally it's because they're mushy and mealy and often have a thick skin that's like chewing leather.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Mr. Squishy posted:

This Jucika is far too horny.

Every Jucika is exactly as horny as it needs to be. Or perhaps a Jucika is never too horny, or not horny enough, she is precisely as horny as she means to be.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Selachian posted:

Rhymes with Orange

My wife bought one of those when we got a puppy. The puppy immediately destroyed it.

We got one of these for my last dog when he got old and started whining to be picked up to get on the bed. He absolutely hated them, and got so frustrated when we were trying to train him that he just...jumped up onto the bed. He could’ve been doing it on his own the whole time.

quote:

Get Fuzzy 7/18/01

"I pull for the Yankers" is a nice subtle one.

As a life long North Sider, Cubs fans actually bother everyone.

Val just keeps getting better and better. Can’t wait for Aleta to learn new rear end-kicking techniques from this splendid woman!

Classic Zits

Sylvia

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

How well will Sarah's verbal consent during a skype call hold up in court when she's suing for royalties later

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
She's too young to give consent. Can't understand what she's agreeing to.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In today's Blueberry: Yes, I know the text on the paper doesn't match the vanishing distance of the edges of the paper, I'm doing this for translation and my knowledge of picture editing is beyond limited - GIVE ME A BREAK!!!, or Sam Bass lays down an ultimatum, or Blueberry gets an F- rating from the NRA

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Samovar posted:

In today's Blueberry: Yes, I know the text on the paper doesn't match the vanishing distance of the edges of the paper, I'm doing this for translation and my knowledge of picture editing is beyond limited - GIVE ME A BREAK!!!, or Sam Bass lays down an ultimatum, or Blueberry gets an F- rating from the NRA

I would really appreciate it if Blueberry would stop being a backwards bigot regarding women and guns, tyvm.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

One thing I've always liked about Zits, or at least Classic Zits, is the insightful writing. The portrayals of Jeremy and his parents are accurate without seeming like a straw man (cough...Dustin...cough).

Stuart's just jealous of the fact that this guy still has enough hair to style into a mohawk.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

For the record, I hate it when people do this.

Tina's Groove Classic (November 3, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (November 3, 1999)

Garfield Classic (November 3, 1989)

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

OBBLY OBBLY OBBLY

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Doomykins posted:

That wacky NATO!

'That wacky Warsaw' as that's a PPSh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqG0Op0898Q

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

Mämmilä (April 13, 1995)

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

manero posted:

Nancy 1946

This is really good

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä (April 13, 1995)

I'll never tire of the mayor getting dunked on

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Pastry of the Year posted:

For the record, I hate it when people do this.

Clap or "help?"

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Huxley posted:

Clap or "help?"

Clap.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

With how much Holbrook loves genetic determinism in his characters, Kell going back to the carnivore church because the one she and Kevin attended wasn't hardcore enough comes across as a bit of a snub to their compromise on which church to go to.

Vargo posted:

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

One thing I appreciate is that kid-dad's eyes are drawn like Charlie Brown's. It's a nice visual indicator that this takes place in the past.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

amigolupus posted:

With how much Holbrook loves genetic determinism in his characters, Kell going back to the carnivore church because the one she and Kevin attended wasn't hardcore enough comes across as a bit of a snub to their compromise on which church to go to.

One thing I appreciate is that kid-dad's eyes are drawn like Charlie Brown's. It's a nice visual indicator that this takes place in the past.

I mean, I noticed that but didn't think much of it.

But, the Gameboy came out in 1989, so you're looking at early 1990s here.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

riderchop posted:

On The Fastrack

Of course Dethany acts as personal social media manager to her boss. loving bootlicker.

The Dinette Set isn't child-friendly.

Working Daze probably thinks she's self-made or some poo poo.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix and I'm trying hard not to use a line from "No Chlidren" again.

Cul De Sac dreams big.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

riderchop posted:

Safe Havens

No Earthbound telescope can do this. Hubble can't do this, even if the Moon didn't move too swiftly for Hubble to easily track. You'd need a space telescope with an aperture more than a kilometer in size to see those golf balls from Earth.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Mikl posted:

I would really appreciate it if Blueberry would stop being a backwards bigot regarding women and guns, tyvm.

Yyyeah - unfortunately, Blueberry is not the same level of gender representation as Modesty Blaise, hell not even as Corto Maltese. Don't sorry tho, he does get a comeuppance of sorts.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

There are a variety of things this comic might be implying and all of them suck poo poo. Get hosed Kelley

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Crab Dad posted:

I once went to church potluck and got some noodle salad and took one bite and thought it tasted like menthol cigarettes. My mother in law thought I was full of poo poo and took a bite and spit it up on the table.

Very satisfying to be so incredibly right for once.

Probably someone messed up the ratio of mint.

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

Green Intern posted:

There are a variety of things this comic might be implying and all of them suck poo poo. Get hosed Kelley

I'm pretty sure it's just saying they asked a woman for service and got told off/ignored because she doesn't work there.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

MariusLecter posted:

I've been handed a glass of coke with ice cubes that came from the freezer ice maker, that tasted strongly of stale cigarette smoke.

So, to me, it is incredibly likely that the person that made the noodle salad is such a heavy smoker, that the flavor seeped into everything they own.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Daduzi posted:

I'm pretty sure it's just saying they asked a woman for service and got told off/ignored because she doesn't work there.

That's how I read it, it's just a usual "dustin's friend is very stupid" joke probably

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

riderchop posted:

Safe Havens

Jesus gently caress, I hate how these two for signed up their kids to do a show without their consent and opinion on the matter. Holbrook's characters are all so despicable in various ways.

Daduzi posted:

I agree with this reading, but I can also see where Green Intern is coming from. The guy's line coupled with how the other person working in the back is also a man gives what he said a different vibe.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Doomykins posted:

That wacky NATO!

Why does a NATO commando have a ppsh?

e; oops beaten

EoRaptor posted:

'That wacky Warsaw' as that's a PPSh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqG0Op0898Q

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Probably of interest to everyone here: Comedian Jamie Loftus (My Year of MENSA) is doing a deep-dive podcast into the history of Cathy - its place in pop culture, its place in feminism (and anti-feminism), the criticism vs the actual content, and a whole bunch of other stuff that comes up when you read every single Cathy comic. She has a team of actors making audio plays out of the individual strips and is also doing a bunch of interviews with cartoonists, including Cathy Guisewhite herself:

https://open.spotify.com/show/1wnNiZwsLuM6M3fmkUbhMj

I've only listened to the first episode, which is sort of a madcap recap of all Cathy continuity and also a pro-Cathy argument piece, but I'm pretty invested so far!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

MariusLecter posted:

Could also be a case of messing up mint extract vs mint essence. (or the other way around.) A lot of recipes might expect you to have and use extract, while you might have bought essence.
I thiiiink with peppermint, extracts are generally the weaker ones intended for cooking and the like, while essence can be knock-your-socks-off strong.

Here in Norway you can mostly get ..essence? at pharmacies in smaller towns, so I used that when making a Ben n Jerry's recipe chocolate-mint icecream once.
I used 1/2 as much as I was supposed to, but it was still way too intense. Every time someone opened the freezer that icecream was in for the next couple of days they just got hit by a solid wall of peppermint-smell that made your eyes water.

Moomin under sail