Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Just got my third injection for the trial. It'll be a bit before I havw a better idea but my arm feels fucky like it did after 1 and 2 so here's hoping I got the real deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradburypancakes
Sep 9, 2014

hmm. hmmmmmmmm

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Sounds bad but wtf is that Twitter account? Seems like some financial poo poo, no sources, just a lot of CAPS

I’d prefer something more uhhh reliable

The UK Chief scientific adviser did misspeak in a press conference earlier today

https://twitter.com/uksciencechief/status/1417204235356213252?s=20

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

bradburypancakes posted:

The UK Chief scientific adviser did misspeak in a press conference earlier today

lmao Ooopsie!

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
lol gently caress

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
and how many of those 40% are single dose vaccinated

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh poor poor Chris Whitty watching that.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

bradburypancakes posted:

quote:

"I said the word 'would' instead of 'wouldn't,'" Trump explained, speaking at the White House more than 24 hours after his news conference with Putin began drawing fire from allies and critics alike. "The sentence should have been, 'I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be Russia.'"

I believe that this one was an honest mistake, but what a mistake.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

ymgve posted:

and how many of those 40% are single dose vaccinated

We know it’s a 69-88% reduction in hospitalisations for single dose and 91-98% reduction for double dose from the NHS England stats last week.

I’m too crap at maths to figure it out though

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

learnincurve posted:

Oh poor poor Chris Whitty watching that.

Ahahahaha, I thought the numbers sounded a little baffling but if they were coming straight from the government's scientific advisor, welp, they must be true enough.

Lol.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Pistol_Pete posted:

Ahahahaha, I thought the numbers sounded a little baffling but if they were coming straight from the government's scientific advisor, welp, they must be true enough.

Lol.

Best of all, that announcement of the 60% figure was a big part of today's massive stock market drop. (As you saw, it got blasted all over Bloomberg terminals around the world.)

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Polish posted:

Figure this is a good place to ask as any. I got Covid back in mid March, very mild. To this day I still don't have my taste and smell back. During times when something should smell (like cooking dinner) I will occasionally get this weird burnt/black/bitter/old coffee type smell.. it smells kinda chemical-like I guess? I also get this when I eat some things, which is now kinda putting me off of food. I just don't want to eat which is very unusual because I will pretty much eat anything, but this smell/taste is horrific. I am aware that I have to eat so I force it, and eating some things isn't bad at all.

From what I'm reading this could last up to a year. Not really sure what I'm getting at, guess just wondering if anyone else had anything similar? No joy in eating is starting to get to me.

My brother lost his sense of taste last October, he never got tested (no other symptoms) but since then he's quit drinking fancy coffee as he cant taste it properly.

Recently got double-Pfizered but still not returned.

My hunch is minor long-COVID.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

sharknado slashfic posted:

*Pulls n95s back out of the drawer*

*Puts n95s back in the drawer*

7of7
Jul 1, 2008

Jamsta posted:

My hunch is minor long-COVID.

It’s pretty baffling to me how some people treat losing taste/smell as minor.

I don’t know how long I’d be interested in continuing to live in this hell world without being able to enjoy food or the smell of coffee in the morning.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
loving lol

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

bradburypancakes posted:

I'm sorry I said "I'm going to murder you!", what I actually meant was "I am NOT going to murder you"

Also I apologize for screaming it

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

7of7 posted:

I don’t know how long I’d be interested in continuing to live in this hell world without being able to enjoy food or the smell of coffee in the morning.

I know man, if it was me I'd prefer a bit of brain fog, depression, or loss of lung capacity.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

bradburypancakes posted:

Lol

7of7
Jul 1, 2008

Jamsta posted:

I know man, if it was me I'd prefer a bit of brain fog, depression, or loss of lung capacity.

Those just sound like symptoms of everyday life in the 21st century tbh.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I'm sorry I said "I'm going to murder you!", what I actually meant was "I am NOT going to murder you"

Also I apologize for screaming it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ukozdxgg8Q

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

bradburypancakes posted:

God drat lol

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

MarcusSA posted:

God drat lol

They Knighted this bell-end lmao

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

stab posted:

They Knighted this bell-end lmao

Knight Rider level stupid

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)

:shepface:

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Is there any information on what the typical covid hospital stay ends up costing the patient? Obviously I'm talking about the US and not a civilized country.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
So thanks to a bunch of horny fuckers (literally, the initial cluster was from a karaoke lounge of the :pervert: kind and it’s believed the hostess spread it to her clients) Singapore is having a surge in cases.

Apparently one of the dudes who went karaokeing works at a fishery port, and basically the virus got spread around there and to their f&b customers, who in turn spread it to others at the hawker centre they operate from.

And all this happened right before Eid, so it’s restricted measures again, making it the fourth holiday that the Muslims here have had to have a scaled down celebration (it’s really unfortunate, but each Eid has either had measures extend or new stricter measures enacted due to new covid cases).

Yesterday was our largest number of community cases (excluding the dorm cases) and a truly shocking (unrelated) crime was reported and i think the country is reeling a bit.

Personally I’m just glad my family members are vaccinated or in the progress of getting vaccinated. Even my stubborn rear end dad finally allowed himself to get jabbed with one of the mRNA vaccines.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Tagra posted:

You know... this is actually a thing. I'm sure I've read actual studies on it that I can't be bothered to hunt down now, but it's easily verifiable using an internet junk selling group. People are more likely to buy your ratty old couch for 10 bucks than come pick it up for free, because if it's free "there must be something wrong with it" but if it's cheap, well that's just a good deal!

Even pre-vaccine this thread in particular (and other stuff I saw online from vigilant, non-CHUD Americans who were taking COVID seriously) really seemed to revolve around comparing different mask types and brands. I think, like panic buying, it's a way of maintaining some level of control in the way that people in a hyper-capitalist, hyper-consumerist society have been raised to: by reading reviews, comparing brands, becoming an Informed Consumer and finding the Perfect Product that will protect them where their government has failed them. Case in point:

Blitter posted:

Wear a N95/KF94 mask. If you hate your mask, watch aaron collins reviews on youtube and buy masks until you have a comfortable good fit.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

mania posted:

And all this happened right before Eid, so it’s restricted measures again, making it the fourth holiday that the Muslims here have had to have a scaled down celebration (it’s really unfortunate, but each Eid has either had measures extend or new stricter measures enacted due to new covid cases).

I haven't seen any of my fellow religious folks locally for over a year (almost a year and a half) and that's 11 holidays for us (coming up on the 12th on August 1st) so I get it. It really, really blows.

E: I miss cooking for everyone. I miss a certain person's really cool incense blends. I miss a lot of stuff about it. Still not safe to do it.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

covid is over

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

smoobles posted:

covid is over

:hmmyes:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
My IG feed is full of London venues that are packed, even watching vids of people make me go all :ohdear: then I was like "hey,I'd be there if I was in London lol".

I still don't get how gubmint expect people to not delete the Track and Trace app. There is no fuckin way you don't get ordered to isolate if you go to The Grand with 1500 other people doing a mosh pit at Frank Turner concert.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

smoobles posted:

covid is over

I'm watching WWE and they have like 15k maskless people live in the building shoulder to shoulder.

I'm not getting rid of my mask/respirator any time soon but how do you even stay safe like this :lol:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I'm watching WWE and they have like 15k maskless people live in the building shoulder to shoulder.

I'm not getting rid of my mask/respirator any time soon but how do you even stay safe like this :lol:

it's easy to stay safe because covid is over

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
If I were SARS-CoV-2, I would simply go away.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Also Olympic athletes, since they can't have sex on their beds, might be eating even more rear end this year, it could be a problem.

Imagine being like "yeah, I ate that pole vault winner's butt, real good, but it turns out she had Covid."

Chief McHeath fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jul 20, 2021

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Getting covid AND e. coli? Sign me up baby

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Chief McHeath posted:

If I were SARS-CoV-2, I would simply go away.

If I see SARS-CoV-2 in the street, Imma PUNCH it in the face! :argh: Left hand slap, right hook!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

7of7 posted:

I appreciate you're trying to be helpful but when someone comes into the thread talking about a symptom they have, don't imply that you would kill yourself if you had that symptom. Be aware of the mental states that people posting in and reading this thread may be in

Riptor fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jul 20, 2021

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
Fluffy Bunnies, can we see the guinea pigs y'all rescued? need some serotonin after reading this thread

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Chief McHeath posted:

Also Olympic athletes, since they can't have sex on their beds, might be eating even more rear end this year, it could be a problem.

Imagine being like "yeah, I ate that pole vault winner's butt, real good, but it turns out she had Covid."

I knew I should have just been an olympic athlete

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Going to sneak into the Olympic village and have sex with them. I'm vaccinated