Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

That Works posted:

What were the charges for that one?

"Disruption of an official proceeding"

8 months jail time, 2 years supervised release, $2k in restitution

Defense was asking for supervised release or probation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

hobbesmaster posted:

It worked for Speer.

Well, he wasn't hanged, which he probably should have been, but he didn't get off with a slap on the wrist either.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I see now he actually served 20 years. For some reason I thought he got out in less than 5, I probably mixed that up with an alarming number of lower level nazis.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
License, registration, and proof of insurance please.

https://twitter.com/amysrosenberg/status/1417182917575467020

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

Any have a location on Harrison Ford?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Immanentized posted:

Any have a location on Harrison Ford?

He was in England on Sunday for the F1 race so low probability it was him making another improvised landing again

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

hobbesmaster posted:

I see now he actually served 20 years. For some reason I thought he got out in less than 5, I probably mixed that up with an alarming number of lower level nazis.

You’re thinking of the rocket Nazis.

If you’re going to follow order in a genocide paradigm, make sure to develop a skillset that is highly valuable to the competition!

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Not even the important ones, a lot of middle manager types in the regime got off fine since they didn’t directly interact with the death camps. The only real difference between a lot of them and Heydrich or Eichmann was that they didn’t happen to be put in charge of death camp stuff.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Not even the important ones, a lot of middle manager types in the regime got off fine since they didn’t directly interact with the death camps. The only real difference between a lot of them and Heydrich or Eichmann was that they didn’t happen to be put in charge of death camp stuff.

That and Heydrich getting popped by Czech Army-in-Exile in Operation Anthropoid

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Oh wow, on a similar note I listened to a podcast where an infosec auditing team was hired by a high tech company in the US to audit their factory security, and the team included a guy fluent in Chinese. While they were in the town in the middle of nowhere Midwest he went to a Chinese restaurant and looked at the menu in Chinese and saw they had black duck eggs. The guy realized no way a Chinese place in the middle of Nebraska or somewhere similar would offer something like that if they didn’t have ton of people from China in town all the time, and it wound up being a major espionage discovery with the FBI called in.

Ep. 21 of Darknet Diaries, great show

I listened to this on your recommendation and now I’m absolutely hooked. Thanks!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What exactly would they be doing in Nebraska anyway?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

CommieGIR posted:

That and Heydrich getting popped by Czech Army-in-Exile in Operation Anthropoid

I know that ruled at least

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I listened to this on your recommendation and now I’m absolutely hooked. Thanks!

You're welcome!

Milo and POTUS posted:

What exactly would they be doing in Nebraska anyway?

It's been while since I listened so I don't remember the exact state and I don't think they mention the company name, but it was because it was something like a Boeing or Raytheon plant where they were researching or making something like guidance computers. The infosec auditors weren't looking for foreign espionage, they were there to test if they could get inside the plant to a sensitive area so security could be improved. It just happened that one of the auditors I believe was from Russia with extensive background in Chinese and in his off time happened to go to a nearby restaurant where he saw red flags and understood what they likely meant, in regards to China having a significant presence in the town.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

What's the rationale behind the US as a private corporation thing?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Jaguars! posted:

There isn't one.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Jaguars! posted:

(eyes go blank and in a monotone voice) "Private corporations do everything better." :stare:

"Huh, what?" :ohdear:

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

facialimpediment posted:

Any landing you can walk away from!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Arcella posted:

Any landing you can walk away from!

Is ocean city in florida?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

CainFortea posted:

Is ocean city in florida?

Maryland

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Random question but what happens to property ownership if it’s under water?

Literally under water, not financially.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

That's the real Ocean City.

The plane landing is from the dirtier sand version in NJ.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

boop the snoot posted:

I've got some property out west I'd like to sell you, just a little patch of ocean

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

boop the snoot posted:

It's complicated

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
lol apparently people in the US mil have to do mandatory infosec training because of war thunder

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

lol apparently people in the US mil have to do mandatory infosec training because of war thunder

*starcraft2dude* hell it’s about time

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Untagged posted:

That's the real Ocean City.

The plane landing is from the dirtier sand version in NJ.

:mad: Ocean City NJ is perfectly cromulent

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1417301374245687296

What...uh...prompted this "change of heart"? Rupert's advertisers threatening to pull ads and/or GOP donors threatening to assfuck everyone who doesn't cut the crap?

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
With any luck, deathbed atonement

Barcley
Jan 26, 2004

---

Soiled Meat

CBJSprague24 posted:

What...uh...prompted this "change of heart"? Rupert's advertisers threatening to pull ads and/or GOP donors threatening to assfuck everyone who doesn't cut the crap?

Stock market took a dive today because of covid worries, that's my guess, that or they got word they're legally liable for something for pushing antivax nonsense.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Somebody looked at thousands of years of historical record and figured out mass pandemic deaths have generally been very good for labor's bargaining position.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

CBJSprague24 posted:

stock market and the fact that it may be occurring to them that the folks most likely to stay unvaccinated and die/be affected by the current surge are predominantly their base, and that translates into fewer votes in the future? Idk

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

shame on an IGA posted:

Somebody looked at thousands of years of historical record and figured out mass pandemic deaths have generally been very good for labor's bargaining position.

Oh I see someone else is enjoying all the bellyaching from vacation and resort towns, crying about how they can't find help for minimum wage.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

CBJSprague24 posted:

wow looks like Hannity's cancelled didn't realize he was a sheep like the rest of the lamestream

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

CBJSprague24 posted:

Someone close to him must have bit the COVID bullet.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The ending of the federal eviction moratorium is approaching. THE NUMBER DOES NOT LIKE UNCERTAINTY.*

The specter of millions of Americans *consumers* suddenly being out on their asses collecting aid and *NOT CONSUMING*, potentially inviting the recession, "Great Correction," or "Big-D" Depression that's honestly due should be the lead news story every loving night but it seems to be NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT based on how little attention it's being given.

* unless said uncertainty is the only thing keeping The Number alive, in which case The Number likes uncertainty.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Why should I care?

gently caress the economy.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Jaguars! posted:

They U.S. flag was lifted from the East India Company.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

CBJSprague24 posted:

Hannity was never a huge anti-vaxxer, it's Carlson/Ingraham. GOP ain't doing poo poo because they're base-captured right now and the base is telling their politicians that the election was rigged and the vaccines make you magnetic 5G towers broadcasting Critical Race Theory.

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1417424863766237200?s=19

The Number is more or less displeased because southern hospitals are filling up again and the covid numbers are rising basically everywhere. Vaccines are also slow in getting to the developing/manufacturing world, so new waves of shutdowns are probably coming. The Number doesn't much care about inflation right now, or human suffering, it's that full hospitals worldwide make for bad business.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Jul 20, 2021

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Sounds like Fox just wants to have its vax and conspiracy it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

boop the snoot posted:

Sounds like Fox just wants to have its vax and conspiracy it too.

It's for people like my dad who are lifelong republicans and consume fox news all day, but aren't crazy enough to buy into the anti-vaxx stuff. It lets them ignore and deny that they ever saw the conspiracy stuff on fox, and just point to things like Hannity.

Fox news has had their hooks in these people for two decades and has been gradually turning up the pressure on the cognitive dissonance to the point they're basically at "Oceania was at war with Eastasia. Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia".