Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I have no complaints with Peacock besides that if I rewind to before an ad, I have to watch the ad again. So if I miss the first thing said out of the ad, whoops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Mantits
Oct 6, 2009
I know Reddit is low-hanging fruit but jeez, they've unironically accepted the "fans don't know what they want" spiel.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MJeff posted:

I have no complaints with Peacock besides that if I rewind to before an ad, I have to watch the ad again. So if I miss the first thing said out of the ad, whoops.

I don’t like how it doesn’t recognize that making it to the credits means you finished the episode. Disney+ also has this issue.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Psycho Mantits posted:

I know Reddit is low-hanging fruit but jeez, they've unironically accepted the "fans don't know what they want" spiel.

...they're arguing that Vince books for the art, not to please an audience? The gently caress?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Auteur theory, except the auteur is a senile old pervert.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I think he's 100% correct. Where we disagree is he thinks this is good and really it sucks. Cause he's a senile rich man who is just doing whatever the gently caress he wants.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Auteurs can absolutely suck too. You can tell a Zack Snyder film from a single scene, but that doesn't mean the film is good.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Vince, give Werner Herzog the book for a year.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

TheKingslayer posted:

Vince, give Werner Herzog the book for a year.

Yes.

https://www.gq.com/story/werner-herzog-wrestlemania

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/btsportwwe/status/1417113213397839885

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Seems like a big reaction

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Mike is never wrong.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

So AEW runs things like an indy show? I'd argue that Moxley and Brodie Lee hit the ground running because of their time and experience in WWE, not because they had a bunch of one-off indy shows years prior. They saw WWE's creative process at work, had their own ideas creative ideas, then were (finally) given the opportunity to run with them in AEW. But even that comes down to someone giving them an opportunity. There's only so much TV time to hand out and if there isn't any to spare, there's no reason to rush someone's debut.

They literally didn't let Brodie Lee talk in WWE.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

s2g I see one more person shorten "independent" to "indy" I'm going to drop dead and explode

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

seems reasonable

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The idea of reducing Moxley or Brodie's pre WWE "indy" careers to "a few one offs" really seems illuminating in how much WWE fans rally think that compony has a monopoly on serial storytelling or how little they understand the wrestling world beyond the WWE.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

aaaaaaa kaboom

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tendy

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Big Dave posted:

s2g I see one more person shorten "independent" to "indy" I'm going to drop dead and explode

Cool stuff

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

The idea of reducing Moxley or Brodie's pre WWE "indy" careers to "a few one offs" really seems illuminating in how much WWE fans rally think that compony has a monopoly on serial storytelling or how little they understand the wrestling world beyond the WWE.

Someone show them the clip of Mox having an electric hacksaw taken to his head.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
the indys rely on both the booker and the talent so really they should be named the codependents

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I mean, it's hyperbole, but Big Mash Jawn is cool and good except when he bends like a cheap card table to Hollywood for saying true facts.

(It's kinda ironic that we meme that Serbia argument when that almost literally what happened with Taiwan.)

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MotU posted:

the indys rely on both the booker and the talent so really they should be named the codependents

My condolences to the family of Big Dave

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
"There's only so much TV time!" I scream into the void as my eyes bleed into hour 547 of the Roman Reigns show.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

It's not even the best washed up return in recent memory. Edges theme hitting at the Rumble was way bigger.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Vince MechMahon posted:

I think Disney bought NBC out of Hulu when they bought Fox. They do bundle them together at a discount at least, and it kinda makes sense that you don't want to put stuff that's not "family" focused on Disney+.

:eng101: AT&T sold off the Hulu shares they inherited from buying Time Warner to Disney for a billion and a half about a month after Disney officially acquired Fox Entertainment. Comcast had long since removed themselves from Hulu by that point, but both Comcast and WarnerMedia (Or Warner Bros Discovery or whatever you want to call it) remain content partners, which is why less marquee level shows from both are still on the service.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

cagliostr0 posted:

It's not even the best washed up return in recent memory. Edges theme hitting at the Rumble was way bigger.

They also sweetened the audio too, which was kinda unneeded

https://streamable.com/dzf3ct

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

coconono posted:

They also sweetened the audio too, which was kinda unneeded

https://streamable.com/dzf3ct

The god pop to end all God pops will be final countdown hitting at Grand slam

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"Vince's job isn't to produce a show based on what the fans what."

:psyduck: into infinity.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

It’s not untrue since most of WWE’s money comes from b2b transactions. The fans are extras.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lamuella posted:

Auteurs can absolutely suck too. You can tell a Zack Snyder film from a single scene, but that doesn't mean the film is good.

Agreed, it's Zack Snyder's incredible talent that means the film is good.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the two biggest ones i can remember is edge at the rumble and ziggler cashing in on del rio

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

This isn't the right thread for this but holy poo poo this is obnoxious, who is this commentating at the beginning?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I am biased but this doesn't even sound close to the pop he got at Rumble 08.

Let alone some of the absolute crazy special match reactions like Kobashi's retirement.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ibexaz posted:

This isn't the right thread for this but holy poo poo this is obnoxious, who is this commentating at the beginning?

former nfl punter pat macafee and michael cole

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

graph posted:

the two biggest ones i can remember is edge at the rumble and ziggler cashing in on del rio
CM Punk at Money in the Bank is a massive pop, Stone Cold the night Mankind won the title the first time. There's so many god-pops in wrestling and it's gross that WWE managed to piss away an entire industry out of spite and malice while still making more money than they did in the Monday Night Wars era with a literal tenth of the audience

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

CM Punk at Money in the Bank is a massive pop, Stone Cold the night Mankind won the title the first time. There's so many god-pops in wrestling and it's gross that WWE managed to piss away an entire industry out of spite and malice while still making more money than they did in the Monday Night Wars era with a literal tenth of the audience

The Austin one is my bar for judging pops, that crowd loving lost it, the timing was impeccable, too.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

RealFoxy posted:

CM Punk at Money in the Bank is a massive pop,

i missed the entirety of 2003-2012 raw/wwe due to uh, real bad life stuff then having a terrestrial radio show in the same time slot

RealFoxy posted:

Stone Cold the night Mankind won the title the first time.

i do remember this but it was high school on 4:3 tv with paper tv speakers so it probably didnt hit as hard

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Just when you thought the Kross loss couldn't get funnier.

https://twitter.com/wwe_wwf_Junkie/status/1417314475460419584

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
when you've lost @wwe_wwf_junkie....