Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I usually play a red headed chick if possible. (I'm not a red headed chick).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I'm a half giant dude in real life so I usually go for a tiny, sneaky, magic lady. Lol at role playing yourself you do that every day already.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Yeah, but maybe i want to roleplay myself with interesting people for once.

Op not the idiot

https://twitter.com/GCBiphobia/status/1417069235516362755?s=19

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I made a female lizard assassin with black scales last time I played DOS2 and that was cool. They're like a foot taller than the males which is also funny

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Hihohe posted:

Yeah, but maybe i want to roleplay myself with interesting people for once.

Op not the idiot

https://twitter.com/GCBiphobia/status/1417069235516362755?s=19

I blame Nicki Minaj, who in the year of our lord 2020, said "Used to be bi, but now I'm just hetero" in her verse on Doja Cat's remix. :|

There's a long list of celebs who used to claim to be bi and have since walked it back as "seeking attention". Very upsetting...thanks, guys! Totally not perpetuating the stereotype or anything!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Read After Burning posted:

I blame Nicki Minaj, who in the year of our lord 2020, said "Used to be bi, but now I'm just hetero" in her verse on Doja Cat's remix. :|

There's a long list of celebs who used to claim to be bi and have since walked it back as "seeking attention". Very upsetting...thanks, guys! Totally not perpetuating the stereotype or anything!

I understand the frustration, but would it have been better if they just continued to claim to be bi? Claiming you're bi when you aren't is bad, is it better or worse to admit the first bad thing?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Skwirl posted:

I understand the frustration, but would it have been better if they just continued to claim to be bi? Claiming you're bi when you aren't is bad, is it better or worse to admit the first bad thing?

It would have been better if they hadn’t done it just to get attention in the first place, this is a pretty easy one.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Skwirl posted:

No, for sure! And someone thinking they were bi, but later realizing they are not, is totally valid and doesn't automatically make someone an rear end in a top hat or a biphobe. "I thought I was bi but through self-reflection, realized I'm actually straight" is one thing, but "Yeah, I knew I was never bi, I just did that for attention" is quite another.

It's the wording of it. I would much prefer "THOUGHT I was bi, now I'm just hetero", rather than "USED to be bi, now I'm just hetero". It's a small distinction, but an important one. The former implies a mistake, the latter implies a transition from one to the other.

Similarly, a celebrity who falls into this category should have obligation to their LGBT+ fans (namely the B) to make it VERY clear in interviews that this is YOUR specific experience, not something that all bi folks experience. Otherwise, it's way too easy for dumbasses to go, "Lol, you're bi? Uh huh, yeah, sure, five years from now you'll be straight again, just like _____".

History Comes Inside! posted:

It would have been better if they hadn’t done it just to get attention in the first place, this is a pretty easy one.
And yes, this. Frankly, if you are a major star and have admitted to faking being bi to sell records and get attention, you better be donating some of those proceeds to a good cause!

Basically this:
https://twitter.com/MaraWilson/status/1181003206475673600

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 21:21 on Jul 19, 2021

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Just lol at caring what the player looks like in a game. First person camera means you never see yourself anyway.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Amazing. But the comments are going to be worst thing outside of racist football fan twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/uksciencechief/status/1417204235356213252

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Inceltown posted:

Just lol at caring what the player looks like in a game. First person camera means you never see yourself anyway.

Yeah but if it has conversation cutscenes those are always funnier if your character is a hideous goblinoid abomination.

Especially if it's a game with romance options where designated characters want to boink the PC and they're making bedroom eyes and flirting with a grotesque monster.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Inceltown posted:

I think the games we were talking about aren't 1st person shooters.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Kuros posted:

You should play Oblivion. Random is wild in Oblivion.

- Me when I'm out of weed.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Man, Woman, NB, Orc, Human, whatever as long as they have a thicc rear end when I'm playing 3rd person.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
*scrolls to facial hair options and selects the largest beard so I don't have to care about the face*

just like in real life!!!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
*starts new game of Dark Souls, immediately picks the "tiny head" option*

Done.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Monkey posted:

*scrolls to facial hair options and selects the largest beard so I don't have to care about the face*

just like in real life!!!

Wait, is this in a game or on grindr?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Kuros posted:

Man, Woman, NB, Orc, Human

Mr President Turmp?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/miniondeathcult/status/1417268304968785930?s=19

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Wait HOG fam?

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.
Can anybody give me some slurs? Good vibes only please.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Tom Macdonald posted:

I refuse to feel ashamed 'cause of my pretty blue eyes

Speaking as a blonde girl with blue eyes who went to a majority-Latino high school, I can guaran-loving-tee NO one made fun of this dude's blue eyes. If anything, he was probably constantly getting compliments. :shrug: My guess is the class learned about Hitler liking blonde hair and blue eyes, someone went "Lol, Tom, that's you", and that's the most oppressive thing to ever happen in his life.

No one's laughing at your eyes, dude, it's because you choose to look like this.

He also wrote a song addressing Eminem and comparing himself to him, with such great lines as:

"People claim that you hate me, but Marshall, that can't be right, dude
You'd have to hate yourself as well 'cause, Marshall, I'm you"

https://genius.com/Tom-macdonald-dear-slim-lyrics

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Lol I guess Stan survived after all.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

GlobglogGroAbgalab posted:

Can anybody give me some slurs? Good vibes only please.

Mayonnaise child, milkbaby, lard-chugger.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Read After Burning posted:

No one's laughing at your eyes, dude, it's because you choose to look like this.

At least he labelled where I should put my hog

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I used to make characters who look like me, or at least are pale and blonde. Then I got bored of that and now I just make whatever strikes my fancy and they rarely look like me anymore. They are every colour. But this is only personal preference.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mirror universe macklemore.

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

Screaming Idiot posted:

I do like mayonnaise, milk and lard

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

GlobglogGroAbgalab posted:

I do like mayonnaise, milk and lard

Blend em together you got a great salad dressing

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I tend to scroll through the presets and pick whatever one strikes my fancy, then maybe add a cool beard/tattoo/scar/goggles.

One of the Mass Effects removed the eyebrow scar from the character creation options and it genuinely bothered me. Maybe I should get the legendary edition; I wager it lets you maintain a consistent look.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Screaming Idiot posted:

I've heard "butter golem" used before, but only in relation to Paula Deen.

Ham golem?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Heath posted:

I made a female lizard assassin with black scales last time I played DOS2 and that was cool. They're like a foot taller than the males which is also funny

and HOT as HECK

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Hihohe posted:

Imma go the opposite direction and claim that "just making yourself" is perfectly valid. Wanting the character to be you, who is experiencing the setting the creators laid out for you, is the easiest way to get into a unfamiliar setting.

Still lol at the guys who were whinging about not having a skin white enough. Sorry dude, the technology for translucent skin is still a ways off for a create- a-character.

95% of of the time, anyone who designs a character in a fantasy videogame to look like their real body (or their desired/idealized version of it) is a giant dweeb and deserves nothing but mockery.

The other 5% is trans and gender-questioning people using it to explore gender stuff in a safe environment.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

https://mobile.twitter.com/uksciencechief/status/1417204235356213252?s=21

Oh. Well it’s not like you’re someone important, speaking to the world, and said something that was the complete antithesis of what the scientific community at large is trying to convey.

Nothing bad can come of that at all.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Hey, he made a correction on Twitter, what more could he possibly do?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1417190360393162754

iota subscript
Oct 26, 2010

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - ONE SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE

OwlFancier posted:

Mirror universe macklemore.

lol more like mackleless

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

EL BROMANCE posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/uksciencechief/status/1417204235356213252?s=21

Oh. Well it’s not like you’re someone important, speaking to the world, and said something that was the complete antithesis of what the scientific community at large is trying to convey.

Nothing bad can come of that at all.

He's the scientist bearing the most responsibility for the UK's Covid response, and an architect of 'Freedom Day'. Why on earth would you expect him to know what he's talking about?

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

He's the scientist bearing the most responsibility for the UK's Covid response, and an architect of 'Freedom Day'. Why on earth would you expect him to know what he's talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

40% of covid cases being from vaccinated people is pretty goddamn awful though