Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Carth Dookie posted:

No no, they're very specific that is is NOT in fact a lockdown. Just nonessential retail being shut down, everyone having to wear masks, but gently caress closing schools or offices officially. Oh and groups of up to 10 are fine. As is eating at restaurants, provided you do it outside.

loving coward governments.

Meanwhile as a millenial I can go and get hosed trying to get Pfizer. Luckily my doctor supports me getting it and is going to do a health report so HOPEFULLY I don't get turned away at my appointment... at the end of August for my first shot.

I must say, and I cannot stress this enough; gently caress Scomo and his buddies for going all in on Astro to give themselves a payday and loving up, and continuing to fuckup, a vaccine rollout 18 months after the start of a global pandemic. Also gently caress all of NSW governments as well for being babby bitches and not doing things properly, thus allowing disease vectors to escape containment to the rest of Australia. Need to tar and feather some motherfuckers.

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaate

I give Victoria having this out of lockdown by this time next week
SA same time, maybe an extra week on top of it but I doubt it
QLD ... well it's not on lockdown (yet) but they've had their lockdowns and gotten their poo poo in order, they'll do the right thing

NSW is going to suffer through this bullshit for the next six months and become the plague pariah state of australia

tithin fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jul 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
NSW test processing times have blown out, which is a problem when you have a shitload of people who require testing every three days.

Expect new chains of transmission as a result of this.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Thoughts on under 40's getting a Pfizer vaccine by lying on the screening questionnaire? When booking online you can just say that you're a carer, and from what I hear, it's never checked when you get there in person for the vax.

I'm 32 and hearing from a lot of people my age - friends, colleagues - that they are doing this. I'm keen to play my part in getting the vaccination numbers up, but I feel guilting about lying to jump the queue. Having said that, if demand was truly outweighing supply, wouldn't doctors be much more strict in checking creds? Hmmm.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Windmill Hut posted:

Thoughts on under 40's getting a Pfizer vaccine by lying on the screening questionnaire? When booking online you can just say that you're a carer, and from what I hear, it's never checked when you get there in person for the vax.

I'm 32 and hearing from a lot of people my age - friends, colleagues - that they are doing this. I'm keen to play my part in getting the vaccination numbers up, but I feel guilting about lying to jump the queue. Having said that, if demand was truly outweighing supply, wouldn't doctors be much more strict in checking creds? Hmmm.

They checked for me and my missus that we were carers. They asked for documentary evidence (that we had not been told about in advance) when we showed up in person.

Was fortunate enough to have NDIS payment paperwork in my email.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

tithin posted:

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaate

I give Victoria having this out of lockdown by this time next week
SA same time, maybe an extra week on top of it but I doubt it
QLD ... well it's not on lockdown (yet) but they've had their lockdowns and gotten their poo poo in order, they'll do the right thing

NSW is going to suffer through this bullshit for the next six months and become the plague pariah state of australia

No I think we'll be in this for another week or two to stamp out secondary cases and the like. We MIGHT have got the spread vectors stomped out at least, so it's largely just a waiting game now.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Windmill Hut posted:

gently caress the queue, kill a boomer, take their skin, get their shot.

e: the checking depends where you go. VIC is being harder about it than the NSW vaccination centres i hear.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Windmill Hut posted:

Of the four people who got AZ at the same time - two people my age or so, an older gentleman and I - only one mentioned having an underlying cause, Crohn's. I'd called my family GP to get on the list, but I don't think that the others necessarily did.

They do it in batches and it sounds like at least two of the spots in my batch were wasted. Just loving get it if you can.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I qualified as 1b due to underlying conditions. Even though the booking form said you'd need to provide proof at your appointment, no-one asked to see mine.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Windmill Hut posted:

Get the AZ jab. No guilt required. re: doctors checking creds - if you're set on doing this you'll eventually find a doctor who will sign off on it.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Misspoke. SA doing proper lockdown for a week. Good.

Now compensate everyone who loses hours and send the bill to loving Gladys

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Toast King posted:

Oh good, she's from the town right near where I am in FNQ, go Queensland. 2nd Pfizer shot next week can't come fast enough.

She was actually infectious while travelling through the Sunshine Coast area

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Anyone got any experience with eshays?

some kids called me an eshay the other day and its fair enough cause i was dressed a bit like an eshay

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

starkebn posted:

She was actually infectious while travelling through the Sunshine Coast area

I did see that, as long as she's properly isolating up here now it should all be good in theory. It's immediately all I'm hearing about from everyone at work since so few cases have made it up here since it started.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Windmill Hut posted:

Going through this process right now it took multiple calls to get them to accept I was a carer in the first place and then in addition to that I need paperwork to support it which is coming from both my partners NDIS paperwork and also a letter that her doctor is writing to say that yes I am a carer otherwise I'd be poo poo out of luck on the whole thing.

Edit to say the booking system will auto punt you based on age atm as well if you try and get pfizer

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Isaac posted:

some kids called me an eshay the other day and its fair enough cause i was dressed a bit like an eshay

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

those kids look like they'll sell you a 6 gram Q

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
So, I know someone who works right in the middle of the Geelong Tier II sites, here:

Talking to them, this time last week, the number of people wearing masks was about 50%. The number of tradies wearing masks was about 0%.

Currently, the number of people wearing masks is about 90%. The number of tradies wearing masks, about 25%.

Thankfully, there haven't been any new contacts since the plague removalists breezed through the state, but :sigh:

Lolie posted:

NSW test processing times have blown out, which is a problem when you have a shitload of people who require testing every three days.

So, if you don't get your result back in time you don't go to work, right?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So is eshay the new Houseo/Povo/Dero? :thunk:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

4 packages of mine somehow went from Wenty post office to a Marsden park Toll couriers parcel locker to which I have no pin code or info. I live in wenty.

What the gently caress.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Lolie posted:

yep, i spent 2 and a half hours in a test queue on sunday and still haven't gotten my result back

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

SuddenCactus posted:

yep, i spent 2 and a half hours in a test queue on sunday and still haven't gotten my result back

That's a problem. If you went to a private clinic they should have a number to call. The longest Westmead hospital's clinic has taken was 12 hours.

edit: Looks like central west NSW now has a case. Welcome to the poo poo show friends.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Megillah Gorilla posted:

So, if you don't get your result back in time you don't go to work, right?

In case anyone was actually wondering, workers who are required to get tested every 72 hours don't have to wait for their test results

quote:

Proof of COVID-19 test

You must have proof of your COVID-19 test such as an SMS text message on your phone or an email addressed to you.

You must show the proof of your test when asked

- at your workplace by your manager (occupier) or
- to a police officer.

You do not need to get the results of your COVID-19 test before going to or staying at work.

If you test positive and you have COVID-19, follow the rules for people who are confirmed cases of COVID-19.
https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/greater-sydney-workers

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
It was a Laverty drive through clinic, their result time has apparently blown out to 48~72 hours

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Waiting in line for the Pfizer jab. No line for Astra Zeneca. Maybe about 15 people have gone through in the hour I've been waiting in line. Perth, WA so probably a lot of boomers waiting for Pfizer and not too worried about exposure

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Waiting in line for the Pfizer jab. No line for Astra Zeneca. Maybe about 15 people have gone through in the hour I've been waiting in line. Perth, WA so probably a lot of boomers waiting for Pfizer and not too worried about exposure

I was at Redcliffe (Airport) around 1100 and it was busy as gently caress compared to three weeks ago.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Infinitum posted:

So is eshay the new Houseo/Povo/Dero? :thunk:

devvo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiDsLRQg_g4~~

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Are we not menn?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

~Coxy posted:

I was at Redcliffe (Airport) around 1100 and it was busy as gently caress compared to three weeks ago.

I got mine at the airport, and there was definitely a queue, but it wasn't too busy.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Laserface posted:

gently caress the queue, kill a boomer, take their skin, get their shot.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Laserface posted:

4 packages of mine somehow went from Wenty post office to a Marsden park Toll couriers parcel locker to which I have no pin code or info. I live in wenty.

What the gently caress.

A couple of weeks ago I had a box full of fancy beers sent from Melbourne to here in Ballarat go via Adelaide somehow.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Bill Posters posted:

A couple of weeks ago I had a box full of fancy beers sent from Melbourne to here in Ballarat go via Adelaide somehow.

its looking like the auspost guy lives in marsden park and decided to meet obligations to delivery my packages today by dumping them in his local parcel locker.

neither Toll or Auspost can assist me with my claim that my package is in the parcel locker

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Sheesh it's like no one watched early fat pie vids

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

NSW Government: "We are not, I repeat, we are not adopting a Ring of Steel approach to this lockdown"

Also NSW Government: Confirmed cases have visited Orange & Goulburn
https://twitter.com/NSWHealth/status/1417388558621446147

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
2.5 km travel limit in SA. Brutal.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Lolie posted:

2.5 km travel limit in SA. Brutal.

Hopefully this poo poo gets sorted in 1-2 weeks and we can go back to "normal." I have a lot more faith in a 1-2 week circuit breaker than I do with some wishy washy poo poo. Also formally got backing from my doctor to qualify for Pfizer so hopefully I don't catch it between now and the end of August.

It would also help if we collectively built an iron wall around NSW until the government there gets their loving act together so they stop loving it up for the rest of the country.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Jul 20, 2021

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Carth Dookie posted:

It would also help if we collectively built an iron wall around NSW until the government there gets their loving act together so they stop loving it up for the rest of the country.

Other states need to close their borders to NSW the minute we have a case of community transmission. We also need to stop using Sydney for hotel quarantine of residents of other states.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Lolie posted:

Other states need to close their borders to NSW the minute we have a case of community transmission. We also need to stop using Sydney for hotel quarantine of residents of other states.

yes and yes.

Frankly we should stop using hotels for quarantine full stop.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Anyone have advice for someone who's been largely off the government and ATO radar who now needs to claim emergency payments?

My housemate is struggling to create a mygov ID with an Australian passport and Birth certificate online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Oh great. Three regional towns in NSW are going into lockdown.