Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

zerocool wider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

To the people who doubted whether Thunder Rosa would even be interested in signing with AEW:

I'm never washing this Twitter again.

wesley snipes liked one of my tweets and ive never recovered

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

MorningMoon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro90xhgU3Ro

The Bucks go to Nier Automata

Nick and Kenny pretending they're taking all the Elite with them in this recording, and going "come on Matt, I saw you back there" exactly as he's walking through the hallway unaware of the bit xD

this one was real good imo

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

lol my friend ran into her at the airport yesterday, we were wondering why she was in town

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/FuegoDelSol/status/1417304971725492225?s=20

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Ron Perlman is All Elite graphic please

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Now that the forbidden door is open The Men of the Year should open a Japanese chapter.

El Hombres de la Ano de Jepon

And its Toru Yano in his normal attire and Jushin Thunder Liger wearing his headgear and a fancy guy outfit.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yeah, the Bucks are definitely heels, but more in the arrogant rear end in a top hat realm than anything else

i think it suits them as characters, and probably their personalities, they're not going to suddenly get super dark/violent (although hey I'd love to watch them try), and they're so confident in how good they are + how easily they'll be able to cheat out a win if they have to, they sent their apprentice lackey out to attack Kaz, to humiliate both of them and show they don't even really need to beat up Kaz (i have a strange feeling their hubris will be part of their downfall!!!!)

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

The Bucks only make sense to me as heels. I couldn't tolerate them as faces but I've actually been appreciating them a lot since they turned. And this is coming from someone who didn't think he'd ever like them

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

This was really great! Dude was way more over than Luchasaurus and got one of the biggest reactions on D:E!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
did mjfcoin go anywhere

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
lol JB's reaction to w/e the gently caress that Luchasaurus move was (chokeslam flippy boy into knee to the face)

is that a new finisher or just a crazy thing you can do with someone like Fuego?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

graph posted:

did mjfcoin go anywhere

it started at 2.50$ a coin and is now worth 1.627$

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

smarxist posted:

lol JB's reaction to w/e the gently caress that Luchasaurus move was (chokeslam flippy boy into knee to the face)

is that a new finisher or just a crazy thing you can do with someone like Fuego?

This was also the reaction of everyone else in the building. We all thought we saw a life end right there.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

graph posted:

did mjfcoin go anywhere

All the crypto currency’s are presently tabling because they can’t decide which exchange coin should be set to the US dollar.

But $MJF went straight into MJF’s pocket

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Crapple! posted:

The Bucks only make sense to me as heels. I couldn't tolerate them as faces but I've actually been appreciating them a lot since they turned. And this is coming from someone who didn't think he'd ever like them

I really hate the bucks as faces, they feel like they have nothing going for them aside from the wrestling- but as rear end in a top hat heels? Fantastic! they're just little bastard men who like to be rich and famous. Great! I love matches with them now!

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Crapple! posted:

Yeah, I'm with you 100% here. They've been great lately.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Bucks have been approaching Jay White levels of "I respect what you're doing but I can't loving stand you"

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I don't think anybody is even near the level of the detestable Knife Pervert except maybe MJF, but the Bucks are top tier heels because every time I see them do their poo poo I hope that they get punched in the face, and I get happy when they do get punched in the face and at the end of the day is that not all that matters?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's me, I'm the one who loves Jay White.

I guess nobody post-kayfabe really falls into that old school "pay to see them get beaten up" style of heel for me anymore. For me, there are only heels I like to watch because they're great at being jerks, heels I'd enjoy anyway regardless of alignment, and go-away heat heels that I don't care about because they don't entertain me. It's hard to imagine someone transcending that in modern wrestling. If I don't like a wrestler it's pretty much never because of their character.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I don't think there are any heels I legitimately want to pay to see beaten up but there are plenty of heels where I feel emotional catharsis when they lose or get thwarted.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

sticklefifer posted:

May God have mercy on your soul, for it is tainted.

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

Talked to one of my friends that I went to last week's show with today, and we both commented how if we had known that the Bucks went shopping at The Domain last week when we were at the show, we would've boo'd em even harder than we already were.

Also, just want to say, with how loud the crowd was on air, it was even louder in the building. I can't wait for them to come back around again.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

sticklefifer posted:

my wife has what I can only describe as "attractive hatred" for him. She doesn't watch much wrestling but will always watch him and cheerfully talk poo poo about him the whole time. He's her favourite and she hates him.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I get that. I'm sort of that way about heel Eddie Kingston, but it's mostly because he reminds me of a few people.

Cerebral Bore posted:

May God have mercy on your soul, for it is tainted.
To be fair, that happened way before I was a Jay White fan. :unsmigghh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

my wife has what I can only describe as "attractive hatred" for him. She doesn't watch much wrestling but will always watch him and cheerfully talk poo poo about him the whole time. He's her favourite and she hates him.

Your wife has a crush on Jay White and doesn't know it. It brings me no pleasure to report this

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Lamuella posted:

So you're saying your wife is like "stupid sexy Switchblade"

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Your wife has a crush on Jay White and doesn't know it. It brings me no pleasure to report this

I'll bear this in mind. It will go nicely with her acknowledged crushes on Toru Yano and Hangman Page.

The Cameo posted:

So you're saying your wife is like "stupid sexy Switchblade"

It's like his morals are nothin' at all, nothin' at all, nothin' at all...

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Really like to see Billy Gunn in front of a crowd that cheers him in 2021 :unsmith:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Lamuella’s wife posted:

Jay White … Toru Yano and Hangman Page.

Your wife has exquisite taste

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Not even Jay White will make me watch Impact though.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

Not even Jay White will make me watch Impact though.

Commentary got better with D'lo (I can't really stand Josh Matthews and Matt Striker?) but still way way far from Mike Tenay and Don West. So watching wrestling with meh commentary hurts the product a lot.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I also like Jay White, by the way. He is a babyface, to me.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

he's a baby alright!!!!!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Brock didnt look quite like he's wearing a diaper, but still needs new gear. Maybe some long pants...

Elevation was fun, some dude's legs seemed to completely buckle after running face first into Hobbs.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Scarf posted:

Brock didnt look quite like he's wearing a diaper, but still needs new gear. Maybe some long pants...

Elevation was fun, some dude's legs seemed to completely buckle after running face first into Hobbs.

That dude got fuckin' ROCKED. Don't know how it came across on TV but our section at least let out a pretty sizable gasp when he ran into the brick wall of Hobbs.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Ganso Bomb posted:

That dude got fuckin' ROCKED. Don't know how it came across on TV but our section at least let out a pretty sizable gasp when he ran into the brick wall of Hobbs.

Considering the match moved almost immediately to a quick finish... who knows. Didn't look like a bump at all.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Scarf posted:

Considering the match moved almost immediately to a quick finish... who knows. Didn't look like a bump at all.

Hobbs matches on the Darks never run long. It's not impossible that he concussed the dude though, I wasn't watching that closely.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
i got distracted by the huge blob tattoo with the moron label

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Yeah normally a spinebuster is set up with an Irish whip, not deadlifting a potato sack