Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Splicer posted:

What are all my other bigger spoons called? They're not soup spoons, they're not round enough.

Tablespoons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Hollandia posted:

Is this an American thing? Because every house here :australia: has a bunch of teaspoons.

No, in America flatware sets come with 5 items. A teaspoon, a tablespoon, a table knife, salad fork, and regular fork.
We do call the knife the butter knife (because they don't usually have large teeth in their serrations like, say, a steak knife)
And do call that flatware the silverwere.
IME, at least.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

HootTheOwl posted:

Tablespoons
No, those are the little spoons that we are erroneously calling teaspoons.

e: \/Well that's that all cleared up then!\/

Splicer has issued a correction as of 12:52 on Jul 20, 2021

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The big spoon in American flatware sets is usually a tablespoon. The small spoon is a dessert spoon.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I don't have enough spoons for this loving derail to continue

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/blaireerskine/status/1414696481504866313

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
five minutes until the oldest, youngest and richest people ever explode on the launchpad go into space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI5w2QwdYik
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaA5p4cFRrE

edit: nm they keep resetting the 15 minute timer. SOON.

e: the penis is flying

Mola Yam has issued a correction as of 14:14 on Jul 20, 2021

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I am 99% certain the teenager is in there because if it was just bezos and the pilot the platform would be more bomb than rocket

Winning a lottery to be a human shield

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Splicer posted:

I am 99% certain the teenager is in there because if it was just bezos and the pilot the platform would be more bomb than rocket

Winning a lottery to be a human shield

the woman astronaut was 100% there because they realized they only had men in it at first so they scrambled to find a woman previously denied by nasa on the grounds of being a woman, like they made very sure people knew she had been denied and how cool and good they were that they included her

i mean good on her for almost getting into space finally but still... PR.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
And to think, she could have gone down in history as the first person to murder in space.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

gently caress you guys and your dumb number measuring fights! I thought the market had crashed or something when I saw hundreds of new posts!

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I hadn't actually seen a picture of the tower until now, it looks like it was slapped together out of I-beams.

Fun Fact: the people that work the general every-day jobs out at the cape (well until Bezos and Musk came along, anyway...) are all very much union peeps and some of my first exposure to union actions growing up was the machinists' union representing the people who (among other things) repair and maintain the launch pads going on strike.

Of course all that union nonsense is just a silly waste of time that can now finally be swept out of the way thanks to privatization of space, thank god

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

shaftment should be the default unit for dick size.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
I only measure things by their fuckability. I will not explain further.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

GotLag posted:

Have you ever had your blood lead level tested?

How much would that cost anyway and what are the tests called because I used to live in really crappy places and I have to worry if my lead poisoning will beat out my mesothelioma

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Americans love big government, but only if it's not democratically elected.

drat, hate to give it to Jerry but when he's right he's right

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

How much would that cost anyway and what are the tests called because I used to live in really crappy places and I have to worry if my lead poisoning will beat out my mesothelioma

drat, hate to give it to Jerry but when he's right he's right

If it's been a while since the exposure there's not really any lead left in your blood so you can't really do a normal blood test. There's a much more expensive and fancy test using x-rays that detect it in your bones instead but it's probably not worth it and I doubt a doctor would be okay with the whole "expose yourself to radiation without a particularly good reason" thing anyway. So the answer is probably "don't worry about it" unless you're actually having chronic lead poisoning symptoms.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

grate deceiver posted:

You're a goon, further explanation is not required

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1417515577275453440

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Slugnoid posted:

yooooooooo why is this video sending me down the uncanny valley

https://twitter.com/CBSThisMorning/status/1417247246257696769

And, for an instant, she stared directly into those soft blue eyes and knew, with an instinctive mammalian certainty, that the exceedingly rich were no longer even remotely human.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Aww he survived.

I mean, what did I expect? Karma isn't exactly real.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
even if karma is real it works on the scale of rebirths, he wouldn’t receive any punishment in this life for all the negative karma he’s building up

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

And, for an instant, she stared directly into those soft blue eyes and knew, with an instinctive mammalian certainty, that the exceedingly rich were no longer even remotely human.

Wow I just happened to read this in Count Zero earlier today! Took me a moment to realize why that line was so familiar.

lobsterminator has issued a correction as of 19:28 on Jul 20, 2021

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Platystemon posted:

The big spoon in American flatware sets is usually a tablespoon. The small spoon is a dessert spoon.

This explains a lot about me cursing at a lot of yank recipes. A UK tablespoon is three times that size.

Metric is superior.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

grate deceiver posted:

3/10 fuckable post. See me after class

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Tablespoons are all the same in all places just like people's feet are all the same :smug:

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

the spoon is too big
the spoon is too big

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Shifty Nipples posted:

the spoon is too big
the spoon is too big

...and then, get this, he pulls out a COMICALLY LARGE SPOON!

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

As a good capitalist, I measure only in the finest feet (my infant has very fine feet). Dollars per foot is a very good measurement.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Footbinding: Resurgent

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

indigi posted:

even if karma is real it works on the scale of rebirths, he wouldn’t receive any punishment in this life for all the negative karma he’s building up

There will be no rebirths eventually so why bother to change

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

There will be no rebirths eventually so why bother to change

All the oil execs are super into karma, but realized that theirs is hosed and the only way out is to end the entire thing before they die.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

why is he wearing that stupid cowboy hat. he looks like a dipshit

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
There are no rebirths on a dead planet

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

mistermojo posted:

He also had cowboy boots on.
On a loving rocket.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

mistermojo posted:

performative masculinity, it's like redditors in fedoras and cumstained shorts.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

From what little I understand of Buddhism, isn't reincarnation not restricted to being born again as a human, or even on a linear timeline?

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The song for all these piece of poo poo billionaires
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao2dHEB7L-o

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014