Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Nohearum posted:

All scruffy grey dogs are blessed

Agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Nohearum posted:

All scruffy grey dogs are blessed

I had a scruffy gray dog growing up. This checks.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/80snewsscreens/status/1417312995391287309?s=19

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I've never been as happy as this simple pizza man.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Love seeing older, "gruff" guys just absolutely melt when someone gives them a puppy.

Guys do only want one thing. A fluffy pupper that they can pet and love and walk and sneak treats to when they think no one is looking.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Cursed situation, but blessed outcome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTrLxkVOShg

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016

Made me tear up, not gonna lie

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
It's Chloe's first birthday today!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Code Jockey posted:

It's Chloe's first birthday today!

hella good girl

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
:toot::toot::toot:

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

I'm not crying, you're crying!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

why would you give someone a puppy so completely covered in cut up onion juice?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The delightful laugh from the little girl as she walks up.....it's just too much damnit

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/Kekeflipnote/status/1417514865300738048

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Das Boo posted:

Cats communicate with you vocally. They only use meows for you and their mothers, and attentive cat owners are able to identify what their cats need by their specific meows.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7765146/

Your cat has developed an entire language to communicate with you, specifically. We're just bad listeners.

we found Dr Fuzzbutt when he was a young kitten and he grew up alone and communicated by gently raking his claws across your tender flesh

Bean was adopted and she was a very vocal 6 or 7 year old, he started to pick up her mannerisms and now uses his words in addition to actions. it's kind of adorable. he's still real bad at purring though and kind of just sounds like he's struggling to breathe

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Das Boo posted:

Cats communicate with you vocally. They only use meows for you and their mothers, and attentive cat owners are able to identify what their cats need by their specific meows.

So today I learned that my cat gets self-conscious in front of guests. Normally if I baby-carry him he complains with continual, loud meows. I did that in front of a guest and instead of meowing he eventually just gave me a quiet, complaining "mew", and not continually. It was almost as if he was whispering "Daaaad not in front of company".

As far as telling what he wants by his meows, not my cat. He basically meows to get my attention and if I do not react he will try various meows until I do, including a meow I normally hear cats do right before they barf. He doesn't make that sound when he barfs -- he just barfs -- but he's made a sound like it when he just really wanted attention.

Most of his communication is non-verbal, with meowing just to make me look at him so he can show me what he wants.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
All pets manipulate you so just accept it

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Milo and POTUS posted:

All pets manipulate you so just accept it

Perhaps the same could be said of all language...

But enough talk. Have at you!

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

That man is going to go John Wick if anything ever happens to that little furball

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

blight rhino posted:

That man is going to go John Wick if anything ever happens to that little furball

are you saying that isn't the proper response?

like, if you watched john wick and responded with anything other than :hmmyes: I don't even know

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quadramind
Dec 8, 2011

I'm not much of a poster, but I do have this Ben to share. Shame not to.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Quadramind posted:

The Ben can unhinge it's jaw to swallow a big stick whole.

:3:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Quadramind posted:

Triumph the insult pup

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Quadramind posted:

That's a fine Ben

Quadramind
Dec 8, 2011

He's very good.

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

Ben is clearly a high quality dog. Any idea what breed he might be? He looks just like my dog, right down to the color patterns. I suspect mine is a mix between chihuahua and toy manchester terrier.

Quadramind
Dec 8, 2011

Uganda Loves Me posted:

Ben is clearly a high quality dog. Any idea what breed he might be? He looks just like my dog, right down to the color patterns. I suspect mine is a mix between chihuahua and toy manchester terrier.

Yeah, his papers say purebred Russian toy terrier, but he doesn't quite look the part. Maybe that's why the breeder couldn't sell him, and how I got him for zero euro. His siblings fetched over a thousand each!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Quadramind posted:

He's very good.

Oh my goshing gosh.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

I would die for Ben.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Quadramind posted:

He's very good.

If Chloe were this small I'd carry her like this all the time :kimchi:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Quadramind posted:

He's very good.

Ahh, wrist mounted. A fine style.

Although you should really think about severing your middle fingat if you want the spring-loaded tail mechanism to work properly.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

My sister's old cat, after chasing off a fox:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

3D Megadoodoo posted:

My sister's old cat, after chasing off a fox:

:madmax:

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

My dog is very hands-on.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

https://twitter.com/JFrankensteiner/status/1417631143508254724

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

Quadramind posted:

Yeah, his papers say purebred Russian toy terrier, but he doesn't quite look the part. Maybe that's why the breeder couldn't sell him, and how I got him for zero euro. His siblings fetched over a thousand each!

I dug up some old pics from when Toby was a puppy. Yeah Russian toy terrier looks like a good fit. Toby used to grab onto people's arms just like Ben! He uses his forelegs like a raccoon. He'll grab gates and pull them open, and he'll even pick up toys in his paws and hold them in the air when he rolls onto his back. As a puppy, he loved to play with all of his toys at once. He'd run from one toy to another, shaking and killing it. Sometimes he'd try to pick them all up at once. I think his record was 3 at a time. He loves his blankets, and would bring every blanket available to someone when he wanted to be wrapped up and held. Sometimes I wouldn't be paying attention, then I'd look down to see I was surrounded with blankets. He loves having everyone around, and gets a little sad when someone leaves the room. He'll visit each person in turn.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Ahh, wrist mounted. A fine style.

Peter Barker is bitten by a radioactive dog and invents wrist-mounted poop slingers

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

e: better pic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

What elephant?