Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
I want to say the Kurama bit was new, and a bit needed given what’s about to happen. I believe part of this Sasuke side story was in the manga, this is where we learn more about the Ootsutsuki pairs probably?

This is also serving to actually show Kawaki learning Kage Bunshin and not just have it be some offscreen bit that we learn later.

The cult arc will be new also, giving Boro more to actually do. I hope they play up the cults desire for Infinite Tsukuyomi being some hosed up side effect from it being used once before on everyone. Like there being some subset of victims who actually believed it was a good thing and want to go back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Kurama talking to him happened in the Manga. Somewhere around chapter 33 or 34

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Dexo posted:

Kurama talking to him happened in the Manga. Somewhere around chapter 33 or 34

I didn't see the anime, but are we referring to the scene where Kurama materializes while Naruto sleeps to give Kawaki a stern talking to? Because that was in the manga.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Darth TNT posted:

I didn't see the anime, but are we referring to the scene where Kurama materializes while Naruto sleeps to give Kawaki a stern talking to? Because that was in the manga.

That’s the one, yes. And watch the anime, it’s good

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
so are they really going to keep REDACTED dead (especially considering the buildup to NotKaioken)?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Well episode 203 disappointing

The manga literally gives them an opening to do numerous episodes for Kawaki to grow as a character and bond with Naruto and the other genin, but they simply skip straight to the fight with Jigen, despite literally saying that the clash with Delta was a while ago, and Kawaki shows off a power he didn't have previously

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
We already are getting more of Boro's cult which is still good.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I don't know about disappointing because I really want to see the next few manga fights animated but it was surprising.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

New chapter:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-chapter-59/chapter/22582?action=read

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
The new ability shown is cool. Rest is kinda proceding as expected, tbh. Kinda disappointing that the plan to get Boruto's Karma on Code was just shot down like that I was hoping it'd at least be treated as a moral dilemma.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

"Come with me Code. I'll introduce you to my other Knight."

Dammit Kishi did you mix your doujins with your scripts again?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lmao Code and Daemon

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
So Amado is going to take over Kawaki isn’t he?

Chapter was pretty boring otherwise. This new Daemon is lame.

Loved the Shikadai interaction.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I guess I need to watch the Jigen fight episode.

Anyways, the manga. Amado's going to pull a Kaguya to Isshiki's Madara.

Daemon's ability is completely broken and doesn't benefit combat at all so I'm not looking forward to those fight chapters.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Manga

RIP Code.

I like Daemon's ability visually. It has a little bit of slapstick comedy to it. But like...Amado's ability is getting pretty absurd right? Like what can't he make?

Bug is a very good straight man and Shikadai is a good kid.

Anime fight was pretty good. Watching Sasuke and Naruto get kicked/uppercut'd out of their super modes was weirdly satisfying.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 21, 2021

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Tbh, I might just like Daemon's ability because it reminds me of the early days of Naruto where jutsu were less clearly elemental and a lot of them had a creative/ability component, like Shikamaru's shadow control. I can see it fitting in the whole Yin/Yang release. Admittedly, it's weird how this stuff fits into the whole cyborg motif, but I get if you can basically enhance someone's body and put a single highly specialized jutsu in there that they use all the time, that's essentially what we're seeing.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

You can tell he's a kid because his power is "I know you are but what am I?" :allears:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Boronavirus episode was good and fun.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The show’s been fun/well animated so far but ironically I actually wish they’d stop and do some more filler arcs soon (which would also help develop Kawaki a bit more) as at this rate they might be in danger of catching up to the manga eventually (or maybe not, I forget how far behind we are chapter wise at this point).

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Nothing like a new OP with lots of references to future chapters.

Larryb posted:

The show’s been fun/well animated so far but ironically I actually wish they’d stop and do some more filler arcs soon (which would also help develop Kawaki a bit more) as at this rate they might be in danger of catching up to the manga eventually (or maybe not, I forget how far behind we are chapter wise at this point).

Well, the most recent episode was around Chapter 41. It feels like an attempt to throw in filler now would come off as extremely weird since the manga plot suddenly becomes time sensitive. Though I guess they can just make Kashin Koji look incredibly silly if they need to force it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

Well, the most recent episode was around Chapter 41. It feels like an attempt to throw in filler now would come off as extremely weird since the manga plot suddenly becomes time sensitive. Though I guess they can just make Kashin Koji look incredibly silly if they need to force it.

I forget, is there a point between after they rescue Naruto/escape and the next major event where they could possibly stop and take a breather for a bit?

Because I seem to recall this current arc basically just being one event after another with little stopping room in between.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
They completely stretch and rework the manga events all the time, even going so far as to change character's stated drives for the same scenes. Compare manga Mitsuki to the more developed anime Mitsuki. So them reworking everything now wouldn't a big stretch. The cult has also been given a lot of focus, which seems a set up for an eventual full arc.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Hypocrisy posted:

Didn't they drop some Naruto-mech filler mid-war arc? They'll be fine.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I'm surprised they didn't use a ton of the places early on where they could have put in filler, but hey, the current arc is starting very slowly, so there's gonna be plenty of space for filler arcs there.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I'm surprised they didn't use a ton of the places early on where they could have put in filler, but hey, the current arc is starting very slowly, so there's gonna be plenty of space for filler arcs there.

Honestly there was a pretty good spot to drop some filler right before the current arc started. But we’ll see how things go from here

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Anyway, new chapter:

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1009559

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
If there's one thing about Boruto that really works it's the relationship between Kawaki, Naruto, and the rest of the family.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'm always a sucker for Naruto the good dad. Also I feel for you Bug.

Some provisional upcoming anime episode titles are out. Looks like they're going back to manga contesnt in 3 episodes. I really want to see the next fight animated so I'm pretty happy.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I really enjoy the Kawaki and Uzumaki family moments almost exactly as much as I loathe the Code and Loser Squad moments.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

TheHan posted:

I really enjoy the Kawaki and Uzumaki family moments almost exactly as much as I loathe the Code and Loser Squad moments.

Very much same. The problem is that the Code squad feels like they’re just spinning the wheels accomplishing nothing while Naruto and co are getting character development. It’s nice.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
How many chapters has it been since Eida has been introduced? Because Code's done nothing since then. If you told me it all happened in a single afternoon I'd believe you, but apparently Konoha's been searching all the while.

EDIT: Honestly, this should just be a slice of life manga with low-stakes conflicts.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
It's been 5 or so chapters.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

How many chapters has it been since Eida has been introduced? Because Code's done nothing since then. If you told me it all happened in a single afternoon I'd believe you, but apparently Konoha's been searching all the while.

EDIT: Honestly, this should just be a slice of life manga with low-stakes conflicts.

And in thats time Amado has put together an entire conscious android weapon for Konoha.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Naruto collecting his second unruly son owns extremely hard

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
It is however much more hilarious if you think that Konoha has been searching for days and developing new weapons. Meanwhile Daemon has been riding Code like a horse for days on end while Eida sips cocktails. :allears: It's quite a move to introduce someone as being really strong and then immediately emasculating him by having a kid use him as a steed.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Carlosologist posted:

Naruto collecting his second unruly son owns extremely hard

It's so loving wholesome I love it

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

It's episodes like this that remind me, in some ways Himawari is more her father's child than her brother. Bear tracks and a missing outcast wolf? gently caress danger, Hima is chasing down her new dog, and that is Naruto all over again.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Boruto’s VA Yuko Sanpei has been diagnosed with covid:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-08-18/boruto-eureka-7-voice-actress-yuko-sanpei-diagnosed-with-covid-19/.176392

She’s still pretty young so hopefully she’ll recover soon. I am sort of curious how/if this is going to affect the anime though (I’m guessing she’ll either record from home or worst case scenario they find a temporary stand-in like they did in the 90’s Sailor Moon series when Kotono Mitsuishi temporarily went away due to surgery)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Aug 18, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also, new chapter:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-chapter-61/chapter/23029?action=read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Larryb posted:

Boruto’s VA Yuko Sanpei has been diagnosed with covid:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-08-18/boruto-eureka-7-voice-actress-yuko-sanpei-diagnosed-with-covid-19/.176392

She’s still pretty young so hopefully she’ll recover soon. I am sort of curious how/if this is going to affect the anime though (I’m guessing she’ll either record from home or worst case scenario they find a temporary stand-in like they did in the 90’s Sailor Moon series when Kotono Mitsuishi temporarily went away on maternity leave)

Kotono had an ovarian cyst I believe.