Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you prefer the extended summer thread format?
This poll is closed.
Yes 126 44.21%
No 39 13.68%
I'm Scottish 120 42.11%
Total: 285 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Just give virgin media a call.

https://twitter.com/DailyMirror/status/1415640213171408897?s=19

E: Well that's a poo poo snipe, have a photo of dog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

A Good Boy who is sceptical of the merits of Pickled Onion munch

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Seems appropriate to post this.

https://twitter.com/richardosman/status/1417405231273480192?s=19

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

feedmegin posted:

Fly problem

We've had problems with flies for a while now. I've found a trap on Amazon that's basically a bottle filled with bait. You mix the bait powder with water, screw the top on and all flies within a 10 metre radius will make a beeline for it and promptly drown themselves in the concoction. The resulting mess is incredibly disgusting and foul so you have to be careful not to spill that poo poo on anything you value.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Z the IVth posted:

We've had problems with flies for a while now. I've found a trap on Amazon that's basically a bottle filled with bait. You mix the bait powder with water, screw the top on and all flies within a 10 metre radius will make a beeline for it and promptly drown themselves in the concoction. The resulting mess is incredibly disgusting and foul so you have to be careful not to spill that poo poo on anything you value.

I um will be sure to try this out on the rear end in a top hat human being parking on my drive :shobon:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Red Oktober posted:

Not even good Latin, according to multiple friends who speak it.

I know it's a minor, minor thing to be annoyed at given everything, but he's even poo poo at the some of the performative stuff.
Boris Johnson, upon being asked to use his classics skills to think of a suitable Latin binomial name for a new species.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

sebzilla posted:

A Good Boy who is sceptical of the merits of Pickled Onion munch
As Is Correct

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

it's such a shame that he's the meltiest of centrists

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Z the IVth posted:

what trap is this? i, too, am pestered by flies in the kitchen

crispix posted:

feedmegin should put up a big giant, light-up, tacky sign that says something like SEX PERVERT PARKING FOR NONCES ONLY imo :hehe:

idk if putting a big NONCES ONLY sign in ones own front garden is the right move

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Julio Cruz posted:

it's such a shame that he's the meltiest of centrists
The interview he did with Frankie Boyle is fascinating because he's clearly trying to do a hardball, 'gotcha' series of questions, but then tries to be all friendly at the end, and Boyle always has an answer for everything because you can't ambush someone who actually knows their poo poo.

E: at the time anyway, Boyle is deginitely going floppy around the edges though who knows if that's him or a dickhead BBC producer insisting on balance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MRz9RPlsDQ

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Z the IVth posted:

You can build something pretty much identical to this with a 2l pepsi bottle and some sugar water. Just cut the top off the bottle, invert it, and jam it back into what's left of the bottle. Fill the base with something sugary. Works great on wasps, too.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Anyone watch cuminic’s interview? Planning to watch later/tomorrow but would like to know how worth it is it.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

That's a really weird story and the lady doesn't come out of this well. There was already a TV box where the one in the photo is, however it was a little smaller and wasn't an issue as there was no drive way there before, just a wall.

The wall has been taken away and a lovely driveway put in but it appears no one thought to ask the council for permission for a dropped curb, or the utilities companies to move the box. So virgin come out and replace the box as they are allowed to do and shed gone sobbing to the papers.

I have questions for the builders that made the driveway without putting a dropped curb in or telling her the box isn't going to move anytime soon.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

serious gaylord posted:

That's a really weird story and the lady doesn't come out of this well. There was already a TV box where the one in the photo is, however it was a little smaller and wasn't an issue as there was no drive way there before, just a wall.

The wall has been taken away and a lovely driveway put in but it appears no one thought to ask the council for permission for a dropped curb, or the utilities companies to move the box. So virgin come out and replace the box as they are allowed to do and shed gone sobbing to the papers.

I have questions for the builders that made the driveway without putting a dropped curb in or telling her the box isn't going to move anytime soon.

She seems to have a chelsea tractor of some kind. Mounting the non-dropped kerb is probably the only excitement it had in it's otherwise dull life.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Guavanaut posted:

You know who else has never been charged...

Stealing that Guava. its a double hitter because Kieth never prosecuted him!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Z the IVth posted:

I got the exact trap you described last week. It's already attracted a shitload of flies, but it doesnt seem to be reducing the numbers floating around my living room any. I guess I'll give it some time.

Also as I typed this message a moth flew into my face, so time to go to bed

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Just found JK Rowling '91 Edition

Dear BGLADs, how am I homophobia just because I think the gay sex act is morally wrong at all levels, I have gay friends? :qq:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

serious gaylord posted:

Don't you have to get the council to drop the kerb? As in you can't just do it yourself.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

idk if putting a big NONCES ONLY sign in ones own front garden is the right move

Red wine a saucer. I'll leave deciding if you drink it after up to you.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

serious gaylord posted:

It’s such a weird framing of the story when it’s obviously her fault for converting her garden into a driveway when the was a cable box blocking it. Also note how in the story she goes on and on about how it’s ruining the value of her house, pretty sure she only did it because she wanted to sell and thought a parking space would add to the value so gently caress her, she deserves what she gets

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I actually invested in made-to-measure fly screens fitted with midge-mesh this summer after last year. I live very close to the river, and was absolutely plagued with midges last summer - one night I went to my bedroom having forgotten to shut the window and left the light on and there were literally thousands of the blighters swarming over my bed (central light right over it). I had to get the vacuum out at 2am to suck the f*krs up.

I could have paid a lot less for a kit and done them myself but I am the world's worst DIYer and I thought if I get a kit and have to pay someone to put it together, I might as well get the made to measures done.

It's special midge-mesh not just flies and fits all round the frame with magnetic tape so they can't sneak in the sides.
They lift on and off with a bit of a tug.
And what's more they seem to have stopped my 2 rooms boiling up in the last week!

I can leave the windows slightly ajar 24/7 on the outermost socket for the handle to turn into and every morning when I see the hundreds of midges trapped behind them I am delighted with my investment.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

"The Buzz" fly trap. It can potentially get expensive as the bait refills are like £1.50 per sachet and they can last as little as a week if there are a lot of flies. If you decant the liquid when you empty the trap, you can use that mixture of rotting fly guts instead and it works just as well :barf:

There's another version which is a plastic bag (Red Top Fly Trap) which is supposed to be good for an entire season but the reports are the smell coming out of it is quite spectacular.

There is still the odd fly in the house but nothing like July last year when I spent 2 hours on a weekend methodically murdering 20+ flies that had come in.

Soylent Yellow posted:

You can build something pretty much identical to this with a 2l pepsi bottle and some sugar water. Just cut the top off the bottle, invert it, and jam it back into what's left of the bottle. Fill the base with something sugary. Works great on wasps, too.

Won't the sugar water attract stuff like bees as well? I don't fancy collateral damage.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i hope woman, 32 gets diarrhea while she's driving her chelsea tractor :hehe:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i only get a couple of blue bottles in a day and i just shooshoo them back out the door with a tea towel

i came home to a wrecked house one day when my cat was young because she'd chased one around the place and climbed up on everything

she hadn't caught it and had just fallen asleep

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

Just found JK Rowling '91 Edition

Dear BGLADs, how am I homophobia just because I think the gay sex act is morally wrong at all levels, I have gay friends? :qq:

Had a small crisis about whether to parse that as Be-Glads or BIGLADS

I assume it's the former but I wouldn't object to being part of an org called BIGLADS

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

Noxville posted:

It’s such a weird framing of the story when it’s obviously her fault for converting her garden into a driveway when the was a cable box blocking it. Also note how in the story she goes on and on about how it’s ruining the value of her house, pretty sure she only did it because she wanted to sell and thought a parking space would add to the value so gently caress her, she deserves what she gets

https://twitter.com/mat8iou/status/1416039945664405504/photo/1

And they keep saying it's bigger, but It's only bigger vertically!

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
just get monster truck wheels so you can drive over it imo

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I do love a good "aggrieved person folding their arms" photo in the papers

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Had a small crisis about whether to parse that as Be-Glads or BIGLADS

I assume it's the former but I wouldn't object to being part of an org called BIGLADS
The latter was the Tom of Finland/biker scene subchapter.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i prefer the "sitting at the kitchen table holding up a letter and looking glum" ones

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

TB Remains the only Labour leader to be electorally successful in the last twenty Years, In the case of Starmer he is the elected leader and should be given the chance to get on with the job .I tend to think its the left who are the dreamers, not the centralist who at least live in the world as it is, Since you strike me as some one who prefers ideological purity rather than actual ability to make practical benefits to peoples lives,

-Real person, allowed out in public.

Response, from your handsome correspondent,

Jonathan Legg Hmm. You seem to believe it. I'm sold, I won't want better I will learn to to love being a serf. You're in the wrong party, pal.

Jonathan Legg You're going to force me to Godwin you.

I swear to Satan himself ( Hello, Mr Madelson ) I'm done with all this poo poo. Let them be hoist on their own petards.

Trickjaw fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jul 20, 2021

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

OwlFancier posted:

Don't you have to get the council to drop the kerb? As in you can't just do it yourself.

Yes and they wouldn't do it due to the cable box and possibly even the pole.

Virgin have her a quote to move the box which she declined, I assume from when she had the driveway put in.

It just screams of trying to pressure the company into moving it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

crispix posted:

i prefer the "sitting at the kitchen table holding up a letter and looking glum" ones
I like the ones where it's obvious what's going on and you just want to see just how wrong they are.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

serious gaylord posted:

Yes and they wouldn't do it due to the cable box and possibly even the pole.

Virgin have her a quote to move the box which she declined, I assume from when she had the driveway put in.

It just screams of trying to pressure the company into moving it.

I mean specifically in the case of the builders not thinking about the kerb, in that presumably the assumption is they would have to sort that out later with the council.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

JoylessJester posted:

https://twitter.com/mat8iou/status/1416039945664405504/photo/1

And they keep saying it's bigger, but It's only bigger vertically!

I see no dropped kerb. INFINITE GAOL

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The interview he did with Frankie Boyle is fascinating because he's clearly trying to do a hardball, 'gotcha' series of questions, but then tries to be all friendly at the end, and Boyle always has an answer for everything because you can't ambush someone who actually knows their poo poo.

E: at the time anyway, Boyle is deginitely going floppy around the edges though who knows if that's him or a dickhead BBC producer insisting on balance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MRz9RPlsDQ

Watching this now, and Osman really is the blandest most tiresome empty melt, it almost feels like this is his desperate interview pitch, at someone in the Edinburgh Television Festival audience, to become BBC head of light entertainment -and Frankie ruins it for him.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

crispix posted:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

OwlFancier posted:

I mean specifically in the case of the builders not thinking about the kerb, in that presumably the assumption is they would have to sort that out later with the council.

They should have informed her that she was unlikely to get permission for the dropped kerb with the box there. Which it appears they may have done given the quote to move it from virgin.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

RE: Car problem: Rent a skip for as long as you can and block him in.