Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is fyterfest night 2 live?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

TV Zombie posted:

Is fyterfest night 2 live?

Yes, they’re all live now

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dacap posted:

I just realized that wrestlers still committing to y2k era nu-metal style for their wrestling characters are basically the same gimmick as Disco Inferno in the 90s.

Same, dang

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Lance Archer the Murderhawk Monster talking like Lance Hoyt the Everyman in kayfabe is pretty weird.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lance Jobber

:(

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

really love how many longform stories tomorrow's matchups have. Jake and Mox going back years with the IWGP belt scuffles + their initial AEW championship match feeling like Mox could actually lose, Britt never being able to beat Nyla before. Both matches being sold as do or die scenarios with champions who have to push an unstoppable force away from them. Really digging how Jake comes off in the Road To video as a stoic, quiet guy who is just going to calmly walk in and dismantle somebody.

Given how heavy they're getting into this one I can see Lance finally getting a big win here so he can possibly do Japan stuff while giving Mox time off for a bit. Time feels right for something like this to happen, they have a shitload of talent to cycle in.

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jul 20, 2021

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I love that Hangman always says some extremely real poo poo slightly shaded in humor and then ends it with 'dynamite tomorrow at 8 pm'

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's just like us!

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Nuh uh, Hangman is good.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.postwrestling.com/2021/07/20/jake-roberts-signs-two-year-extension-with-all-elite-wrestling/

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol turned my day around with that one thank you cav

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

poo poo like this is why we defend you

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

"To go out into the ring after 22 years of being out of it and slam that promo down Cody [Rhodes’] throat. I remember looking in his eyes and he’s like, ‘Where am I?’ Toss the mic over my back and he catches it and he’s like, ‘What the hell did that mean?’ And to feel the love of all those people man because it was loud. It was loud and it let me know how much they loved me and it inspired me to stay with AEW and thanks to Tony Khan, when I originally signed with them, it was for a ten week deal. At eight weeks, guy comes along with some papers, ‘You need to sign these.’ I’m like, ‘What for?’ ‘Well it’s your contract.’ ‘Dude, I’ve only got two weeks left.’ ‘No, you got another year.’ ‘What?’ And then just a few weeks ago, I buzzed Tony, I said, ‘Hey, I’ve got four weeks left. What do you want me to do? I need a notice so I can start setting up my stuff’ and he says, ‘We need to sign another piece of paper’ and I signed again and then after I signed it, I found out that it wasn’t for a year, it was for more than a year. It was for two years. He’s such a wonderful man and he gave me my love for wrestling back. It’s great to be a part of it so for me, I’ve taken on that job — not a job, a pleasure, to keep my eyes open and see people that are struggling and go to them and try to help them."

gently caress yeah Jake the Snake. gently caress yeah AEW.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
the hangman got cavpilled

and i think i like it

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
You should read the contract before you sign it, imo.
e: another excerpt from the Jake the Snake podcast

quote:

A year or two from now, if maybe J.R. doesn’t want to do it as often, I can be there. I can be the guy they hand it off to. I can be the guy when J.R., he wants to go to a football game, ‘Well Jake can take it this time.’

Sounds good!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

At least he noticed it was for two years after he signed it, you gotta start somewhere

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Coward Tony is going to be the only billionaire I feel bad for when the guillotines come out.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I think Archer kind of needs this win, he's really great and Jake is a cool element to his act, he's also as far as I remember pretty over in Japan and it would be cool to see him do a few more matches there.

also the guillotine's are never coming out but it would be funny if they did and Tony's execution got a higher TV rating than Vince's. It'd probably lose in viewers but win in the key demo.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Eat My Fuc posted:

also the guillotine's are never coming out but it would be funny if they did and Tony's execution got a higher TV rating than Vince's. It'd probably lose in viewers but win in the key demo.

The blood barely even squirted out of Tony's neck hole. They need to realize this production looks amateurish if they want to ever actually catch up with the big boys

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

xbilkis posted:

The blood barely even squirted out of Tony's neck hole. They need to realize this production looks amateurish if they want to ever actually catch up with the big boys

I didn’t even get to see Vince’s execution because the camera cut to some hedge fund guy in the line, weeping like a big mark for himself

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lance coming back to New Japan & being welcomed back to Suzukigun like he'd not been away will be the feelgood story of whenever that happens

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

:unsmith:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

e: another excerpt from the Jake the Snake podcast

Sounds good!

Jake doing commentary in the grizzled vet spot would be loving cool. Please put him with Big Paul sometime

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Okay, new Road to Dynamite, heck yeah, let's go, let's watch Road to Dynamite

*pause 5 seconds in*

Shawn Spears either wants to or already has hosed a chair.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Can't wait till Spears marries the chair on Dynamite in a few months.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AEWGames/status/1417615744095948801 This rules

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
winner books Lance Archer vs. Riho

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my dream match is brian pillman jr. against CHRISTIAN CAGE!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

they got a Vtuber, they know what's up

https://twitter.com/Takahata101/status/1417625366630322176?s=20

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Apparently the deadlock guys are in this so Luther is beating Miro for the TNT belt with some good gimmick.

jawny can get me my loving light tubes.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Luther v Omega is going to happen

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
One of you needs to win it so that we can get the Minoru Suzuki vs. Orange Cassidy match that Covid hosed us out of.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

this is loving bullshit, jawwny should represent deadlock

e:
https://twitter.com/JerryPrice031/status/1417635653764804612

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jul 21, 2021

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
Cutler chat from last page -

Add Cutler to the long list of things AEW did that I thought was bad at first but eventually it came around to being good. Cutler is such a vet and paid hella dues in the indies and now he's a goofy young boy. That didn't sit right at first but drat he's just so loving good at it.

Same thing with Doc Gallows. Hated his BTE persona but now it's good.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Elite Flunky Cutler reminds me of Waluigi in the best possible way.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

that's lovely as hell

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
a lot of people haven't gotten the message about the salvation army being anti-lgbtq but you'd think at least one person making those sort of decisions at aew would've been aware

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ehh, I'm not that surprised. Honestly that's one of those things where it's probably worth sending off an email or tweeting or whatever. The salvation army is a scam and wrestlers are easy to scam. I doubt they'll cancel this but maybe it becomes the one time they work with them if people complain.