Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Kalas posted:

The checklist for the secret romance is so exacting I suggest you just google it.

It's something you have to do from the start, and there's a lot of critical steps along the way you can't screw up.

Besides being nice to Nyrissa in the dreams, you have to make Tristian likes you enough to destroy the oculus. There's more but thats a few big points.

The second of those actually got a patch change but nobody updated the relevant guides: if Tristian steals the Oculus instead of destroying it you can still progress the secret romance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
A touch less than three months to go before the final assault, with not much else left to do but go adventuring, maybe find some of the stuff to actually finish a few of these goddamn artifacts. Everything’s at Rank 10, most of the regions are upgraded, I’ve got an ungodly amount of BP…

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

“Ooh, the Castle of Knives, huh? That’s sounds like a real adv-…”

“That’s a lot of purple wurms.” :stare:

BLOOD FOR GORUM! :black101:

Edit: Oh, I’m in plot land. Sorry, Shyka, but I don’t trust you as far as I can throw you. I’ll be destroying that crown, if I can.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jul 21, 2021

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

Uhhh yeah I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with worshipping demons in Pathfinder land. Namely the whole existential threat thing.

What? Plenty of people worship demons and get cool powers and rowdy friends. Basically the same as people worshipping some god and getting cool powers. Ever consider some of these "chaotic evil" things out there are really just folks and ideas you're biased against systematically?

Lawful Good is the True Chaotic Evil.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Season pass details on the store page

DLC #1:
New additional campaign. Import your character from the main campaign to the moment of their greatest triumph — their victory over the Worldwound. Answer a plea from a powerful entity and leave Golarion behind to defend the space-time continuum against imminent collapse. Use your unparalleled mythic powers to do battle with truly invincible opponents. This additional campaign offers 7–8 hours of gameplay.

DLC #2:
New additional campaign. The demon attack on Kenabres changed the lives of many. While the mythic hero and their loyal companions were busy liberating the city, the common folk had to find a way to survive, relying only on their humble skills.
Band together with other survivors and try to reach the Defender's Heart tavern, the last foothold of the crusader forces in the city. Choose who will join your group, and make difficult decisions about allocating scarce resources. Remember — in fire-ravaged Kenabres, every scroll and potion could make the difference not only in an individual fight but also to your very survival. Act in the group's best interests or focus solely on your own well-being. Import your choices to the main campaign and look forward to seeing this story develop in other DLC. This additional campaign offers 6–7 hours of gameplay.

DLC #3:
A new rogue-like mode with partial integration into the main campaign. In Alushinyrra's port, climb aboard a cursed ship that will transport you to a mysterious whirlpool lost amidst the Midnight Isles. Dive in and discover a dungeon whose proportions you can only guess at. Go exploring in search of glory, loot, and battles, and come face to face with a secret that will benefit either Nocticula, the mistress of the archipelago, or her enemies. The dungeon's levels, created using random zone generation, are populated with various enemies, devious traps, and secret rooms. You will return victorious to Alushinyrra — or else the cursed ship will return on its own, laden with trophies from the last expedition, to await new adventure-seekers.

Perfect Potato fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jul 21, 2021

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Yeah, I was certain there would be a rogue like mode. Have to play around with all 170 archetypes somehow. I do wonder what the plot basis for the max level one will be though.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I'm starting to play with another run through kingmaker in prep for wotr. Two questions for the thread:

What's a good monk build? I checked out InEffrcts staff monk splash paladin/fighter, but I don't know if I'm feeling it yet.

If you were going to do a busted group with mercenaries, what lineup would you run?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

DisgracelandUSA posted:

If you were going to do a busted group with mercenaries, what lineup would you run?
Six Sylvan Sorcerers.

Suuure, Shyka, you ‘knew’ I was going to make the right choice and destroy the crown right in front of you. Definitely not just you saving face by saying it’s all according to keikaku. You’re an Eldest, I don’t believe for a hot second that your morality and mine are compatible.

Edit: Ha, you know a location’s tough when you find two scrolls of Raise Dead in a chest, and you’re super grateful because 5/6th of your party is Death’s Doored.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jul 21, 2021

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
If you are using the Call of the Wild mod I have a pure monk build that can solo the game.

Otherwise dragon style high STR can blender everything. Aasimir/Scaled Fist

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I'm starting to play with another run through kingmaker in prep for wotr. Two questions for the thread:

What's a good monk build? I checked out InEffrcts staff monk splash paladin/fighter, but I don't know if I'm feeling it yet.

I did a monk biting tripper that was working out pretty well, Motherless Tiefling STR Scaled Fist/Vivi 2/Sorc 1 or Arch Bard 2/DD 4. I had 400 hours in the game at that point though so I got burnt out and never finished that playthrough

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

DisgracelandUSA posted:

For busted merc group:
Cleric Of Abadar or Erastil, Arcane Bloodline/Sage/Sylvan Sorcerer, Grenadier ,Freebooter .
Some kind of decent tank build(sword Saint, Aldori Defender, Crane Wing monk) and mowing intimidation machine (Strength saint,slayer, THF/Barb) to fill in the final slot. If you are going to the depths, adjusting one of those for super Perception/skill machine (like inquisitor or bard) may be a good idea)

For Monk builds:
>Strength Monk that hurts bad
Str 18
Dex 13
Con 12
Cha 16
Raise dex at first level up, then strength.

That's for human, stat allocation can change with other races or if you are willing to dump Int/Wis.
You go for Dragon Style(probably best straightforwad damage, and power attack/intimidation focus may be something you like) or Pummeling(still pretty good, Pummeling bully and Pummeling charge are good options)

>Wants to Tank
Dex 17, Cha 18, con 12.
Raise dex constantly.
Again , race and willigness to dump otehr stats can change it a bit. Dumping wis or going risky with 10 con to get Int to 13 for combat expertise is an option.
You go for crane style.
You wear amulet of agile fists to use dex for damage or get 3-4 levels of rogue (3 levels for finesse training for unarmed, 4th level for uncanny dodge).

If you want to be a normal monk instead of scaled fist, just switch Cha with Wis.

That's for mostly pure builds, there is plenty of multiclass fun to be had (actual multiclass, not a single dip into monk)

girl dick energy posted:

Six Sylvan Sorcerers.
On a similar vein,
Cleric with Animal Domain, Druid, Sacred Huntmaster, Mad Dog, Ranger, Sylvan Sorcerer. And then you kill yourself when the game tries to do pathfinding with 12 characters.

JamMasterJim fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jul 21, 2021

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

girl dick energy posted:

Worshipping devils, on the other hand, is just foolish and a recipe for getting played, rather than actively self-destructive.

Cheliax did nothing wrong :colbert:.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Making deals with devils is perfectly reasonable, if you’re more clever than the devil you’re making a deal with and can pull one over on him.

The problem is that most people aren’t more clever than devils, and the devils are very much motivated to keep them from realizing this until it’s too late.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

girl dick energy posted:

Six Sylvan Sorcerers.

Suuure, Shyka, you ‘knew’ I was going to make the right choice and destroy the crown right in front of you. Definitely not just you saving face by saying it’s all according to keikaku. You’re an Eldest, I don’t believe for a hot second that your morality and mine are compatible.

Edit: Ha, you know a location’s tough when you find two scrolls of Raise Dead in a chest, and you’re super grateful because 5/6th of your party is Death’s Doored.

Yeah Shyka acts personable and jolly but they’re barely distinguishable from the Lantern King at the end of the day.

gently caress ‘em

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Yeah Shyka acts personable and jolly but they’re barely distinguishable from the Lantern King at the end of the day.

gently caress ‘em

Fey are fey. You know what you're getting.

Also, Shyka's "joke" owns.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

girl dick energy posted:

Making deals with devils is perfectly reasonable, if you’re more clever than the devil you’re making a deal with and can pull one over on him.

The problem is that most people aren’t more clever than devils, and the devils are very much motivated to keep them from realizing this until it’s too late.

[obvious political joke]

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Perfect Potato posted:

DLC #1:
New additional campaign. Import your character from the main campaign to the moment of their greatest triumph — their victory over the Worldwound. Answer a plea from a powerful entity and leave Golarion behind to defend the space-time continuum against imminent collapse. Use your unparalleled mythic powers to do battle with truly invincible opponents. This additional campaign offers 7–8 hours of gameplay.

DLC #2:
New additional campaign. The demon attack on Kenabres changed the lives of many. While the mythic hero and their loyal companions were busy liberating the city, the common folk had to find a way to survive, relying only on their humble skills.
Band together with other survivors and try to reach the Defender's Heart tavern, the last foothold of the crusader forces in the city. Choose who will join your group, and make difficult decisions about allocating scarce resources. Remember — in fire-ravaged Kenabres, every scroll and potion could make the difference not only in an individual fight but also to your very survival. Act in the group's best interests or focus solely on your own well-being. Import your choices to the main campaign and look forward to seeing this story develop in other DLC. This additional campaign offers 6–7 hours of gameplay.

DLC #3:
A new rogue-like mode with partial integration into the main campaign. In Alushinyrra's port, climb aboard a cursed ship that will transport you to a mysterious whirlpool lost amidst the Midnight Isles. Dive in and discover a dungeon whose proportions you can only guess at. Go exploring in search of glory, loot, and battles, and come face to face with a secret that will benefit either Nocticula, the mistress of the archipelago, or her enemies. The dungeon's levels, created using random zone generation, are populated with various enemies, devious traps, and secret rooms. You will return victorious to Alushinyrra — or else the cursed ship will return on its own, laden with trophies from the last expedition, to await new adventure-seekers.

While steam still has season pass for sale, the actual description got cleaned out. I wonder if somebody hosed up and released the whole thing too fast.

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

The "Latin" is too dangerous, my queen!
I always loved the fact that Asmodeus has a church in most major Golarion cities and is pretty well tolerated. It paints this awesome Oglaf-style image of an accounting house as designed by the art team of Metalocalypse where you go to get your important documents notarized IN BLOOD. You and the neighbor swing in to get a Sanguine Brother of the Flensed Lamb to mediate a land dispute and as you leave he cackles darkly while rubbing his hands together because he TOTALLY BONED you by padding his hours. Then he stops by the tailor's on the corner and gets the hem of his onyx-black robe repaired, pops over to the pub for a tipple of the sulfur-infused port the barkeep orders for him special since he's such a long standing customer, then home where he kisses the missus on the cheek and settles into his extremely cursed jammies.

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.

JamMasterJim posted:

On a similar vein,
Cleric with Animal Domain, Druid, Sacred Huntmaster, Mad Dog, Ranger, Sylvan Sorcerer. And then you kill yourself when the game tries to do pathfinding with 12 characters.

Disappointingly, you cannot just multi-class all of these on one character to get a menagerie.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Perfect Potato posted:

DLC #1:

DLC #2:

DLC #3:

These all sound cool. But it’s the kind of thing that makes me wonder whether I should wait to play until they’re all out.

I guess a new Kingmaker playthrough will tide me over. Any suggestions for weird characters? I did Monk the first time and I’ll be playing a Sacred Huntsmaster for my first Wrath playthrough, so something different to those.

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jul 21, 2021

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Sinatrapod posted:

I always loved the fact that Asmodeus has a church in most major Golarion cities and is pretty well tolerated. It paints this awesome Oglaf-style image of an accounting house as designed by the art team of Metalocalypse where you go to get your important documents notarized IN BLOOD. You and the neighbor swing in to get a Sanguine Brother of the Flensed Lamb to mediate a land dispute and as you leave he cackles darkly while rubbing his hands together because he TOTALLY BONED you by padding his hours. Then he stops by the tailor's on the corner and gets the hem of his onyx-black robe repaired, pops over to the pub for a tipple of the sulfur-infused port the barkeep orders for him special since he's such a long standing customer, then home where he kisses the missus on the cheek and settles into his extremely cursed jammies.

in the kingmaker dlc varnholds lot this is basically one of the members of the mercenary team and it owns

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Mad Wack posted:

in the kingmaker dlc varnholds lot this is basically one of the members of the mercenary team and it owns

That character gets done dirty in the main game.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Sinatrapod posted:

He has PALADINS.

Not Lawful Evil tyrants that call themselves paladins, actual Lawful Good paladins.

Those poor bastards have to spend a feat to worship him.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Dlc2 sounds like vermintide 1, I love it

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
So, a postgame expansion to let you actually enjoy level 20 shenanigans for a while, a Varnhold’s lot side story that will let you import some choices and maybe some prizes, and a Tenebrous depths.

Don’t fix what ain’t broken I suppose.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Sadly Asmodeus worship is a lot more mundane than all that. It’s just Authoritarianism: The Religion. Asmodeus is the guy who holds that free will was a mistake.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Sadly Asmodeus worship is a lot more mundane than all that. It’s just Authoritarianism: The Religion. Asmodeus is the guy who holds that free will was a mistake.

Entropy, but yes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CottonWolf posted:

These all sound cool. But it’s the kind of thing that makes me wonder whether I should wait to play until they’re all out.

I guess a new Kingmaker playthrough will tide me over. Any suggestions for weird characters? I did Monk the first time and I’ll be playing a Sacred Huntsmaster for my first Wrath playthrough, so something different to those.
A Druid who never, ever leaves bear form once he gets it. (You’ll need to take shortcuts until you hit 6th level and can transform into a Large animal for six hours twice per day.)

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jul 21, 2021

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth

girl dick energy posted:

A Druid who never, ever leaves bear form once he gets it. (You’ll need to take shortcuts until you hit 6th level and can transform into a Large animal for six hours twice per day.)

If this works, please post screenshots. Unless the game chickens out and puts you in humanoid form for important events.
"ALL HAIL THE KING!"
"raarrr"

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

girl dick energy posted:

I shall do this. But I don't have any mods, so true bear-time-all-the-time won't happen till 6th level.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ahahahaha, Nok-Nok just soloed a Lesser Jabberwock in a single full attack. This is the thing that killed Nyrissa’s attempt at godhood?

Edit: Wooo! Finale time! Let’s buy us a hundred thousand scrolls and potions, and go murder us a goddamn dryad!

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 21, 2021

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

The "Latin" is too dangerous, my queen!
Yeah, once he gets some gear Nok-Nok is basically General Grievous on angel dust. Getting him into position to actually initiate a full attack action on an enemy can be kind of a pain in the rear end, but once he's there he converts most enemies from matter into memories at a speed nobody else on my team could match.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Rolling out from Tuskwater, having spent a literal million gold on potions and scrolls and high-quality cooking ingredients and whatever other random bullshit I even might conceivably need, with literally everyone wearing the best gear money (and quite a lot of adventuring) can buy.

You come at the Queen, Nyrissa, you best not miss. :black101:

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Good luck. We’re all counting on you.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

skeleton warrior posted:

Good luck. We’re all counting on you.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!

(gets out pom poms for no particular reason)

(Chants)

Kill Murder Maim Slay! This is How we win the day!

(looks embarassed, puts pom poms away)

And yes, good luck. We're all counting on you.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Surely you can't be serious.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

These pacifists are giving me the runaround.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Just made it to kingdom management, made a bunch of decisions THEN looked up what I'm supposed to do.

Ending your kingdom as soon as you begin by building all the recreation buildings and loving off is at least an appropriate way for a chaotic good sorcerer to go out.

(Time to replay the whole stag Lord fight again I guess)