Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ex Mods Poll Opinions (+current IK +current mod)
This poll is closed.
Relax or Die: i'll tell you what it is: posting theft 10 0.07%
ShallNoiseUpon: i have reported oddium for stealing posting valor i hope the moderators will sort this out post haste 14 0.09%
Cheetah7071: more like snoreson smells 18 0.12%
Oddium: no poll for solidarity with mobile users 36 0.24%
Metis: I promise never to interfere in poll results 15001 99.46%
Hmmmmmm. 4 0.03%
Total: 15083 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

turns out it was lupus

I already saw the episode where that happened!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
As I continue my replay of FFIX, I just finished Disc 1. Man.....I know her whole story is revolves around her duty to Alexandria, but Beatrix kinda sucks. There's a ton of blood on her hands by the time you first meet her and she doesn't seem the slightest bit bothered by it until well after Brahne is clearly 150% off the rails. Freya is cooler, imo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Freya is cooler and I wish the game did more with her. Beatrix got off way too easily.

Anyone remember the House MD mobile game?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Freya is the oddest final fantasy companion

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Freya is the oddest final fantasy companion

I feel like that better describes Quina

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Freya, and Burmecia in general really, deserved more out of the game. Instead the kingdom is just a sad pseudo dungeon and Freya gets...an ending. Sorta.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Now watch all of Glee I double dog dare you :allears:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
For how many towns and cities got obliterated and nuked across FF9, it's odd how there didn't seem to be much of an effort to help rebuild Burmecia. I guess part of it is the question of who would they even be rebuilding it for, I think by the end of FF9 there were only a small handful of Burmecians left. A couple guards, the prince, possibly a few families. Would've been nice if Burmecia got to be explored more during rebuilding like Alexandria and Lindblum were.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
2 questions.

1.) If I tried Hollow Knight again, do you think you guys could help me if I get lost? (Or should I use the Hollow Knight thread for that.)

and

2.) If I wanted to switch to a wireless mouse and keyboard, is it possible to game on it? I don't do competitive shooters anymore, hell I don't even play fighting games really, just Genshin, FFXIV, Modded Fallout and Skyrim I might try Nier Automata soon, and re-play Horizon Zero Dawn, but how much does wireless effect your experience? (Assuming you keep it charged?)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
1. I'm sure this thread or the hollow knight thread could help you. I guess posting there may help keep from making too much noise here. I'd be happy to help you in either thread.

Embrace getting lost, the game wants you to get lost. It feels bad at first but you learn to realize that's just how exploring goes. You'll get more comfortable with it as you go.

2. Yeah absolutely why not? Or wireless controller.

Wireless does introduce a slight amount of input latency but shy of fighting games or counter-strike pro level play or maybe a very fast rhythm game, you're not really going to notice. Those games should all feel a-ok.

You have to remember everybody on console is playing wireless and they don't even think about it. PC wireless isn't any worse.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Boba Pearl posted:

2.) If I wanted to switch to a wireless mouse and keyboard, is it possible to game on it? I don't do competitive shooters anymore, hell I don't even play fighting games really, just Genshin, FFXIV, Modded Fallout and Skyrim I might try Nier Automata soon, and re-play Horizon Zero Dawn, but how much does wireless effect your experience? (Assuming you keep it charged?)

I use a wireless keyboard/mouse combo and have for years and have never noticed latency, except when they're really low on batteries (and they can last months and months and months on AAs, they're very low power draw)

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Quina is pretty fuckin weird even for a Qu, the other ones seem at least kinda normal but then you have this eighty-something year old weird albino frog person that kinda just survived multiple nukes and swims across an entire continent cause they got left behind.

Quina owns. I can’t imagine how they could possibly give him voice acting in a potential spinoff/remake though, there’s no voice I could imagine fitting them.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Larryb posted:

Have you not played or otherwise experienced the original game in some fashion? Because “math guy” should be very familiar to you.

I have seen up to episode 7 of the anime...

And now I'm wondering why or how this guy is on my team

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

I can’t imagine how they could possibly give him voice acting in a potential spinoff/remake though, there’s no voice I could imagine fitting them.

Jon St. John using his Big the Cat voice

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
FROGGY, WHERE ARE YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

See I was against a “dopey” kinda voice for them but nah, you’re right. He needs to do the Duke Nukem voice for Trance Quina though (no bad one-liners obviously, just the voice).

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

FirstAidKite posted:

lol your right i take back what i said

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This is cool, this website lets you noclip your way around levels from a bunch of classic games including Marios, Zeldas and Metroids

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Then you can play the 4K Mario movie restoration on your other monitor at the same time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J_b8lUajy4

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Boba Pearl posted:

2 questions.

1.) If I tried Hollow Knight again, do you think you guys could help me if I get lost? (Or should I use the Hollow Knight thread for that.)

and

hell yeah boba go on hollow knight

I don't remember anything about the moment to moment but I'll cheer you on

Khanstant posted:

is that the american horror story guy? AHS owns*, I don't like horror generally but they make it all really fun and it's a cool world they built and toy with. they're also willing to run through some concepts faster than you'd expect and come out an unexpected direction in short order.
They just released a lil AHS spin-off thing for it and it's like this really kinda sweet un/wholesome story where you feel some affection for a goddamn haunted house collectively.

Yeah, the first story of the spin-off was pretty cool, I'm excited to see the rest of them.

Ryan Murphy is also responsible for Pose, a really good 3-season show about the New York ball scene and the AIDS epidemic that served as a vehicle for a lot of queer and trans people of color. The show has prominent white characters (spoiler I guess) in the first season, including Murphy mainstay Evan Peters, and then throws them away starting in the second season

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

It is a spectacular failure of design that Doom Eternal doesn’t drop you right into that first section on the demon ship, up to the title card and maybe the full first chapter, instead of making you log into Bethesda.net and shoving a bunch of GAAS poo poo into your face.

Anyway I hooked my PS5 up yesterday! I’m dooglesshmoogles on there if anyone wants to add me.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

Quina is pretty fuckin weird even for a Qu, the other ones seem at least kinda normal but then you have this eighty-something year old weird albino frog person that kinda just survived multiple nukes and swims across an entire continent cause they got left behind.

Quina owns. I can’t imagine how they could possibly give him voice acting in a potential spinoff/remake though, there’s no voice I could imagine fitting them.

Well there is an FF9 animated series coming next year so we’ll find out before too long now.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have seen up to episode 7 of the anime...

And now I'm wondering why or how this guy is on my team

I assume his motives will be explained in the sequel but once you’re done with the anime then watch or read up on a bonus chapter exclusive to the Switch version called “A New Day”. The anime doesn’t cover it for some reason but it does tie directly into the events of NEO.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Lol, I legit forgot about that. I get to hear Quina in French and the Japanese/English dubs, neat.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

Lol, I legit forgot about that. I get to hear Quina in French and the Japanese/English dubs, neat.

Speaking of which, we don’t have a specific release date for that yet do we?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

There are at least 2 people in this thread who played Warship Gunner. I know, because I am one of them.

A goon made a new spirtual successor to that game and ita gonna go Early Access today. Support your fellow goons.

https://twitter.com/byobattleship/status/1415753353716375553

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

wuggles posted:

It is a spectacular failure of design that Doom Eternal doesn’t drop you right into that first section on the demon ship, up to the title card and maybe the full first chapter, instead of making you log into Bethesda.net and shoving a bunch of GAAS poo poo into your face.

Anyway I hooked my PS5 up yesterday! I’m dooglesshmoogles on there if anyone wants to add me.

Sent you one, my psn handle is kittypoptart, if the recent JoJo Eyes of Heaven activity didn’t give it away.

Anyway I think there’s some thematic appropriateness with Doom Eternal starting with the Bethesda.net poo poo because it really is the player entering GaaS hell. It’s, uh, meta-textual

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Michaellaneous posted:

There are at least 2 people in this thread who played Warship Gunner. I know, because I am one of them.

A goon made a new spirtual successor to that game and ita gonna go Early Access today. Support your fellow goons.

https://twitter.com/byobattleship/status/1415753353716375553

That’s great! I’m way behind in the GameDev thread but its been a lot of fun to watch the game come together.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Decided to give Fallout 76 another chance today.

Corpses disappear after I kill something. Got stuck unable to exit at the first crafting bench I used.

Nope. No improvement at all.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Somehow I have wasted 2-3 hours over the past two days reading plot synopses and watching clips from House, M.D.

I realize that I never watched the last season (or forgot I did) so I am contemplating doing that

Don’t. The last season was absolutely dire. At the time my go to joke was that they it was like someone made a House version of @TNG_S8 and turned it into a real season.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

noooooooo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i always imagined something heavily filtered, like mizuti's voice from baten kaitos

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's is the verdict on: the pokemon moba

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What Pokémon moba? Pokémon snap isn’t a moba

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

What Pokémon moba? Pokémon snap isn’t a moba

I think they’re talking about Unite (which I haven’t played so I can’t comment on).

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just finished the Ranger Hardcore runs of Metro 2033 and LL. The commute is still better than DC's. Metro's soundtrack is pretty rad and good at evoking a feeling at the right time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_mmMAukry0

"I am about to make a huge mistake"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL3Ws5halRs

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Then you can play the 4K Mario movie restoration on your other monitor at the same time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J_b8lUajy4

show me the true bowsette

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Rarity posted:

This is cool, this website lets you noclip your way around levels from a bunch of classic games including Marios, Zeldas and Metroids

This is really cool. Definitely reccomend checking out Katamari levels. Fun because they're animated, plus from the start you can see their scaling, tiny stuff and the bigger junk same view.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
It’s really cool that Witcher 3, on top of all its other assets, manages to perfectly capture the feeling of trying to play trading cards and getting endlessly dunked on by the kids who could afford to buy better decks than you. :mad:

Seriously, Gwent is legit a good card game but it loving suuuucks to fight multiple dudes who use multiple legendary 10 strength card and/or then they just summon half a dozen dudes with Muster.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Un/Fortunately you quickly become that guy and the game loses near all it's challenge except for a few good opponents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
So I recently realized that my TV doesn’t have composite/component hookups anymore which made testing some Wii games I own a hassle as I had to bring it all the way to another TV.

I also have a PS2 and an old SNES still kicking around if I ever felt like hooking it up. What’s my best options to connect them? Should I look for a cheaper side TV for those systems with the inputs or is there a really good adapter to change from RCA to HDMI?

I’m in Canada so it’d have to be something I could buy here.