Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

thehoodie posted:

Done. Now which to play first?

dark souls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I bought TLOU2 now that its permanently price dropped.

I hope the game's good. I liked the first one well enough when it came out

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Akuma posted:

Love to see all these dumb posts from people who've never posted in here before. loving dweebs. I'm sure you're very impressive and funny.

i have a lot of (bad) posts itt and i'm sorry to say it is still funny

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WaltherFeng posted:

I bought TLOU2 now that its permanently price dropped.

I hope the game's good. I liked the first one well enough when it came out

very very very good, maybe my fave non-FROM game on the PS4
it's so good that it makes a lot of other games look like amateur hour, not even joking

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

wrong thread

playstation is fun

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

anyone know the going rate of PS4s on ebay/craigslist/facebook mp? I'm thinking of selling my Pro + PSVR (though I might hold on to the latter for a bit until they announce PSVR2) and didn't want to start out with a ridiculous price.

Earlier this month I listed my PS4 Pro on ebay for $175 and it wound up selling for $200, and as far as I could tell that was fairly in line with what a lot of them were going for without extra stuff added to the listing.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Srice posted:

Earlier this month I listed my PS4 Pro on ebay for $175 and it wound up selling for $200, and as far as I could tell that was fairly in line with what a lot of them were going for without extra stuff added to the listing.

hmmmmm. i might include a few games, extra controller and try to squeeze $300 out of it then. thanks!

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Akuma posted:

I'm pretty sure this got left behind in the PS360 versions, or if it didn't it's very well hidden because I've not been able to find it.

It's under Game Settings -> Action Button Assist. Changing it to On makes QTEs easier, while Auto completes them automatically.

I just checked on the Switch version, but I think it's in all of them. Maybe just the Auto option is new. The only things I know the Switch version added are gyro aiming and the ability to use costumes during the campaigns. They're not in every cutscene though 🙁

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

exquisite tea posted:

I haven't seen this much controversy around a bad games poster since the PSP White.

:drat:

The MK11 expansion is on sale for $15, if you've been waiting for it to go on sale like I have!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

exquisite tea posted:

I haven't seen this much controversy around a bad games poster since the PSP White.

:vince:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Read After Burning posted:

:drat:

The MK11 expansion is on sale for $15, if you've been waiting for it to go on sale like I have!

MK11 Aftermath was fun

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

6 is its own thing and an incredible experience and show of unbridled ambition that i cannot wait to see again with resident evil 9: Apocalypse

I want that so bad. It could be about all the characters teaming up to take down umbrella between CVX and RE4. Maybe next time they shouldn't advertise their cheesy gunkata B-movie as a return to the survival horror roots.

Watching that combat guide reminds me of how completely insane Capcom's designers were. I had no idea you could hold the taunt button while running to turn corners sharper. I bet there was one person who programmed that in and never bothered to tell anyone about it.

The controls definitely need to be streamlined though, using something similar to Vanquish and MGSV. RE6 is like going back to MGS2 and 3 with their pressure sensitive controls and trying to add too many actions to the MGS1 button layout.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

fridge corn posted:

Imhotep noooo... you were supposed to post your meltdown in this thread not in fyad

I know… and I didn’t even have a meltdown, which would’ve been cooler. I hope those FUCKERS don’t keep probing me, I only posted in there because they quoted me defending bust rodd in another thread.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I played TLOU2 last night until Joel gets it.

It seems "ok". The game feels very similar to 1 in almost every way. It almost feels like I've already played this game.

I like custom options tho and I immediately changed a lot of them like enabling auto pickups, removed screen effects, shaky cam etc.

Im gonna play some more tonight and maybe I'll warm up to the gameplay more because its been ages since I played 1.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

That is still very very early. I do remember thinking ‘this is exactly like tlou1’ but the movement and flow of encounters and what you can make Ellie do is so far and away greater than what tlou1 achieved. Gave me a similar, satisfied feeling to when I played MGSV, the feeling of control over your character is snappy and weighty and fun. Which works so well because the scenarios and encounters quickly turn against you and if you felt slow and clunky it’d feel like rear end and unfair.

And like MGSV, dumb thoughts like ‘I bet this will work if I do this’ also pays off.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

TLOU2 is big, and it has much to show you. You only just completed the intro.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MechaSeinfeld posted:

That is still very very early. I do remember thinking ‘this is exactly like tlou1’ but the movement and flow of encounters and what you can make Ellie do is so far and away greater than what tlou1 achieved. Gave me a similar, satisfied feeling to when I played MGSV, the feeling of control over your character is snappy and weighty and fun. Which works so well because the scenarios and encounters quickly turn against you and if you felt slow and clunky it’d feel like rear end and unfair.

And like MGSV, dumb thoughts like ‘I bet this will work if I do this’ also pays off.

Yeah having no other games come to mind I also felt like it was very MGSV in the movement, mainly just being able to go prone and how you'll dive if you hold the button down while you're running. Still can't think of anything else. If I remember correctly, you slide if you do that in Horizon: Zero Dawn.

WaltherFeng posted:

It seems "ok". The game feels very similar to 1 in almost every way. It almost feels like I've already played this game.

I like custom options tho and I immediately changed a lot of them like enabling auto pickups, removed screen effects, shaky cam etc.

Im gonna play some more tonight and maybe I'll warm up to the gameplay more because its been ages since I played 1.

Also you've basically seen the entire game, there's only like another 10-15 minutes till the epilogue.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

WaltherFeng posted:

you know the part of tlou1 where Joel's daughter gets shot? you're about that far in to tlou2.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Imhotep posted:

I know… and I didn’t even have a meltdown, which would’ve been cooler. I hope those FUCKERS don’t keep probing me, I only posted in there because they quoted me defending bust rodd in another thread.

Post your gross sex stories in fyad too

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I played TLOU1 and 2 back to back when 2 launched and 2 felt immediately so much better despite 1 being really good already. I can't believe the same company made Uncharted, actually, and now want them to make Uncharted: Grimdark.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
Someone in this thread pointed out that GTA5 seems to actively hate women, and after playing 57 of 69 missions, I completely agree with that. Even if somehow they introduced an amazing female character, fully grounded and well fleshed out personality and life wise, who has an intricate and important tie to the plot of the game, it would still not be enough because holy gently caress, this game is aggravating with their bullshit.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

It's weird, too, because GTA IV had a great female character that I loved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG_RJEdViiA

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lucas Archer posted:

Someone in this thread pointed out that GTA5 seems to actively hate women, and after playing 57 of 69 missions, I completely agree with that. Even if somehow they introduced an amazing female character, fully grounded and well fleshed out personality and life wise, who has an intricate and important tie to the plot of the game, it would still not be enough because holy gently caress, this game is aggravating with their bullshit.

It's absurdly misogynistic, yeah. Tanisha is the only female character that isn't actively radiating the writers' antipathy, her only purpose is to call out Franklin's bullshit and she's in the game so little she might as well not be.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lucas Archer posted:

i would add that, in addition to actively hating women, it actively hates everyone else as well. it's easily the most cynical game i've ever played and i don't like that at all! the gameplay is fun but i despise the story and characters

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the only well-adjusted character in GTAV is franklin's girlfriend, who's onscreen for...two minutes? and gets three lines?

the rest aren't just shitheads, they're caricatured shitheads. they don't have characters or personalities beyond "spoof of political/game protagonist stereotype." at least characters like dmitri or micah come by their unpleasantness honestly

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yo here's the PS3 thread i kept saying i'd make
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3974255
come reminisce about absolutely poo poo FPS games with me

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i emplore you goons TIMESHIFT yourself forward a few console generations or face a DARKVOID of truly mediocre software that will FUSE your eyelids open and FRACTURE your sense of reality leaving you a twitching WET shell of a gamer living in a HAZE of screen-tearing and F3AR of human intimacy.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Look out! The new PS3 thread already has a SABOTEUR.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Read After Burning posted:

Look out! The new PS3 thread already has a SABOTEUR.

I would never. I was a 60GB FATboi from day one and loved the poo poo out of that console, that said the wiiS360 gen was the worst I've ever lived through. Iraq war culture completely subsumed and consolidated all forms of media and all the hardware was hot and heavy trash. I can't believe I managed to stay hyped about consoles all those years. But you know,

...I believe in generations.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

yeah, Sonic Generations was pretty good

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Oxxidation posted:

the only well-adjusted character in GTAV is franklin's girlfriend, who's onscreen for...two minutes? and gets three lines?

the rest aren't just shitheads, they're caricatured shitheads. they don't have characters or personalities beyond "spoof of political/game protagonist stereotype." at least characters like dmitri or micah come by their unpleasantness honestly

Other than basically being a murderer for hire Franklin seems pretty well-adjusted.

Which shouldn't really matter because every game with guns is about committing mass murder and not really remarking on it, but he's as 'good' as a GTA protagonist could be, I guess?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Oxxidation posted:

Trevor's a lot smarter than he lets on if you pay attention to what he actually does or says. There's several times you can see the gears turning in his head and he plays up the psycho to get what he wants or deflect away from something else. He's a fascinatingly manipulative piece of poo poo.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I really appreciate that you can finetune difficulty in TLOU2. One of the things I didn't like in 1 is the lack of supplies on higher difficulties. In 2 you can increase the difficulty but you can keep the supplies at base level so you can actually use your guns.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I would never. I was a 60GB FATboi from day one and loved the poo poo out of that console, that said the wiiS360 gen was the worst I've ever lived through. Iraq war culture completely subsumed and consolidated all forms of media and all the hardware was hot and heavy trash. I can't believe I managed to stay hyped about consoles all those years. But you know,

honestly agree, felt like a lot of the japenese devs were blindsided by the HD and couldnt compete with western pc devs who already knew the tricks of resolutions above 480. some killer titles tho but yeah when i think of that gen, its waggle, dark and brown bloomy with few standouts.

but i will never unplug my ps3!!!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Trevor's a lot smarter than he lets on if you pay attention to what he actually does or says. There's several times you can see the gears turning in his head and he plays up the psycho to get what he wants or deflect away from something else. He's a fascinatingly manipulative piece of poo poo.

trevor is great, an all timer classic nutjob character, when i think of gtav i just think of him and thats it tbh lol i barely remember the other characters. just him and the thief ost.

i think im gonna play through the ps5 version when it drops, only played through it once back on 360.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
GTAV sucks so much fuckin sweaty rear end it’s really a terrible video game. I felt like the game was constantly challenging me to just turn it off and walk away until eventually I did. After RDR2 it’s pretty obvious that whoever R* is making games for anymore it’s definitely not me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

GTAV sucks so much fuckin sweaty rear end it’s really a terrible video game. I felt like the game was constantly challenging me to just turn it off and walk away until eventually I did. After RDR2 it’s pretty obvious that whoever R* is making games for anymore it’s definitely not me.

Man I am so happy you are out of purgatory, thread finally has some spice to it again.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I've got a bunch of PS3 games (Resistance trilogy, Killzone 2 and 3) physical releases and of course Demon's Souls digital. Oh, and The Darkness 1! I'll post the PS3 games I got on your thread soon :D

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Bust Rodd posted:

Forget it Bust Rodd... It's cum town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

You’re not wrong. As they move towards being more realistic, Rockstar has constantly been making them less fun and gamey.

Vice City for life yal.