Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Rand Brittain posted:

Uh... the comment at the bottom is "I am very much dead." Has Coyote been delivering the comments all along?
Tom died six months ago but has five years of updates already queued up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

YaketySass posted:

Coyote never died he was just sent to a nice farm

The farm was also Coyote.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
that is an excellent coyote face

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Coyote's die when they are killed. :(

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
"Failed Buddha" seems like a pretty likely deal for Aata, because he sounds like someone with a critical misunderstanding of what enlightenment entails.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I'm really digging this, actually.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
"cowards" is an interesting word choice... and Aata continues to regard Annie as someone not even worth manipulating

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
It sounds like he’s literally trying to destroy the ether?? (“rid ourselves of the shackle of the unseen world”) Dunno if that’s a wise plan, mate.

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong

Splicer posted:

Tom died six months ago but has five years of updates already queued up

This got a solid lol put of me.

Pretty excited to see the consequences of Aata's actions. I could also see a failed Buddha of sorts. Dude absolutely seems bitter as hell.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Man Coyote has such a good character design. It's so striking and well done.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Fecha posted:

It sounds like he’s literally trying to destroy the ether?? (“rid ourselves of the shackle of the unseen world”) Dunno if that’s a wise plan, mate.

My guess at the Court's Plan is to take control of aspects of the Ether, so if that's right then that line might mean that they'd stop being modified and changed by it as it retcons reality and instead be the ones choosing to do the changes.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jul 19, 2021

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

MikeJF posted:

My guess at the Court's Plan is to take control of aspects of the Ether, so if that's right then that line might mean that they'd stop being modified and changed by it as it retcons reality and instead be the ones choosing to do the changes.

This tracks with the other weird ether stuff the Court has a hand in.

The Arrow (binding etheric beings to reality), the towers (bleeding ether into reality similar to what Zimmy can do), the control rods they tried with Coyote, all of it points to the Court trying to control the Ether at will.

The end goal would basically be them controlling ether, changing it as they see fit, then imposing that on reality. Becoming God, as it were.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Macaluso posted:

Man Coyote has such a good character design. It's so striking and well done.

I've missed my hilarious insane trickster dog. god. whatever.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

No ether means no death, right?

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Worthleast posted:

No ether means no death, right?

It would mean no [whatever it is the psychopomps do with you when you die], but I don't think it would stop you from dying in the first place.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

we can have several pages in a row of annie telling us her relationship with her father is cool and good but we gotta get past the first real conversation with an arch-antagonist as fast as possible

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Patware posted:

we can have several pages in a row of annie telling us her relationship with her father is cool and good but we gotta get past the first real conversation with an arch-antagonist as fast as possible

Tony will be the final boss fight tho?

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Bilirubin posted:

Tony will be the final boss fight tho?

God, if Gunnerkrigg Court ends with Annie having to stop her dad from destroying/controlling the ether it will almost make the last chapter worth it.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
The last time Tony hosed with the ether he almost lost the only thing he cared about. And the time he hosed with the ether before that he ended up losing the only thing he cared about. He's probably not going to do it again.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

life_source posted:

The last time Tony hosed with the ether he almost lost the only thing he cared about. And the time he hosed with the ether before that he ended up losing the only thing he cared about. He's probably not going to do it again.
Unless he's been kicked off the Omega project, he's still doing it right now.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

life_source posted:

otoh it kinda sounds like he has a habit of doing it again and again regardless of what it costs him

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

life_source posted:

Third time's the charm!

Vanant
Mar 27, 2010
Isn't science just all about being able to replicate your experiments to get the same outcomes? Publish or die, as they say! :science:

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

GunnerJ posted:

otoh it kinda sounds like he has a habit of doing it again and again regardless of what it costs him

He sure is a character in Gunnerkrigg Court, yes.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

life_source posted:

You just have to accept that loving with the ether is who Tony is, and it would be unreasonable to expect him to take steps to mitigate it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Tony isn't here right now, let's stop talking about Tony.

Nothing fun comes from either seeing, hearing, or discussing Tony.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Failed buddha can’t go beyond head and is distorted. Clearly he cannot master the ether other than pure aesthetic of cultured flowers.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

me, seeing tacos for the first time

me, seeing tacos for the 1,000th time

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Vivec Ata desperately wants the Heart of Mundus, but the twist is that Lorkhan Coyote is still alive

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I'm thinking Anni would've liked to know this nugget of info a little earlier.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
coyote buried the lede a bit, yeah

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
You hear that? That's the sound of Chekov's Railgun charging up.

It's currently aimed at the fireworks factory.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I can’t see Annie murdering a god even if he’s an annoying prick, but I’ll see how this plays out I guess?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
No worries, Parley is here! She trained with the knife before!

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Fecha posted:

I can’t see Annie murdering a god even if he’s an annoying prick, but I’ll see how this plays out I guess?

My guess is he'll turn on her once he learns this, and it'lbe self defense.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I sure hope Coyote doesn't mean for Annie to do it personally. That seems unlikely to happen.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I wonder if killing a God would supercharge fire Annie.

Court would probably be super displeased their appointed ambassador killed the leader of the rival nation.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Donkringel posted:

I wonder if killing a God would supercharge fire Annie.

Court would probably be super displeased their appointed ambassador killed the leader of the rival nation.

Technically Annie is the Forest's ambassador, so the Court's reaction would probably be either "lol" or "this is inconvenient to our plans".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm really curious what Coyote's endgame is here. Everything seems to be going according to whatever his plan is except for the Court folks being there.