Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I want Punk signed so I never have to hear Punk speculation any time there’s a chance of a surprise debut ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

Ban this sick filth

I can't because the idea of AEW signing Ryan Nemeth's brother would bring more :ohio: into the company.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I want Punk vs Eddie. You have the guy who walked away from the business at the height of his career vs the guy who was almost forced to quit at his lowest moment.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/TommyEnd/status/1417896440991453185?s=19

Maki Itoh/Lance Archer vs. Tommy End/Miyu Yamashita

This is like the opposite of that time Ricochet said he was better than Io. Tommy End's all right.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I still like the idea of TK buying Cult of Personality use once for MJF to use, but use Misera Cantare as the actual Punk theme.

However, I don't want MJF stabbed so maybe no Cult of Personality

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

yea ok posted:

WWE: Turns ricochet, keith lee, bayley, etc etc into jokes and frauds
AEW: Ryan Nemeth and Cezar Bononi are fun to see on the television or computer.
Smartest fans in wrestling: Not sure if they can utilize cm punk at all

https://twitter.com/cdgoldstein/status/557189404046159872?lang=en

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i want punk vs oc & punk vs pac

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

Ban this sick filth

#PSPFearsHonkBros

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

kinda done with Punk tbh. There's dudes with more legit skillsets, better on the mic and won't turn into a paranoid loon at the drop of a hat. He's like 50% Randy Savage.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I don't ever want to see punk back in a ring of any kind again. Not a wrestling ring, not an MMA ring, not a YouTube celebrity boxing ring, not a fuckin onion ring. No more Punk.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Punk should go to AEW and do worked shoot MMA with Hager

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

AEW doesn't need Punk, sure. But I'd pop so hard that I'd probably get stuck in my ceiling if he showed up at All Out. I'd probably actually go straight through the ceiling if they ditched Cult of Personality and instead used This Fire or Miseria Cantare. So I want him to show up, so long as it doesn't add friction to the locker room, but BBT seems pretty cognizant of that so I don't think he'd bring Punk in if it'd be a problem.

That said, Punk was most over with fans when he was being anti-authority, anti-company (at least IIRC). I'm not sure how you book someone like that, you can't have a face be anti-company, its not like AEW isn't giving fans what they want. Do you book him as the anti-company heel? I can suspend my disbelief for a lot in wrestling but "I, CM Punk, am stuck here in AEW even though I hate them because WWE wouldn't back an 18 wheeler full of gold bars into my driveway to get me to join them again" is asking too much, Vince would send at LEAST 3 of those trucks.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Anyone else feel like El Idolo is gonna try and get Fenix and Penta to push Pac out of Death Triangle to form Triángulo de la Muerte?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I legit have no idea if you could ever get peak Ziggler again. There was a time when I thought he had a ton of potential, even before he won the big belt, but it feels to me like the WWE stomped that poo poo right out.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

boxcarhobo posted:

i want punk vs oc & punk vs pac

I parsed this as a tag match with punk on both teams and it still sounded ok.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

boxcarhobo posted:

cm punk king of aew dark, the only place to see cm punk in 2022

just two hours of taz and ex making fun of cm punk while he wrestles

CM Punk puts fuego over

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

I legit have no idea if you could ever get peak Ziggler again. There was a time when I thought he had a ton of potential, even before he won the big belt, but it feels to me like the WWE stomped that poo poo right out.

peak probably not because he's way older but it's pretty easy to think that he would have a way better go of things in a company that doesn't suck the life out of every independent contractor it has + he'd be with his brother doing geek comedy on youtube, his actual passion. i've convinced myself: hire dolph ziggler

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lethrom posted:

AEW doesn't need Punk, sure. But I'd pop so hard that I'd probably get stuck in my ceiling if he showed up at All Out. I'd probably actually go straight through the ceiling if they ditched Cult of Personality and instead used This Fire or Miseria Cantare. So I want him to show up, so long as it doesn't add friction to the locker room, but BBT seems pretty cognizant of that so I don't think he'd bring Punk in if it'd be a problem.

That said, Punk was most over with fans when he was being anti-authority, anti-company (at least IIRC). I'm not sure how you book someone like that, you can't have a face be anti-company, its not like AEW isn't giving fans what they want. Do you book him as the anti-company heel? I can suspend my disbelief for a lot in wrestling but "I, CM Punk, am stuck here in AEW even though I hate them because WWE wouldn't back an 18 wheeler full of gold bars into my driveway to get me to join them again" is asking too much, Vince would send at LEAST 3 of those trucks.

I feel like he'd have to be set up as MJF's nemesis, right? Him (in kayfabe) having Wardlow locked into a contract basically provides the perfect opening for Punk to talk a bunch of poo poo about MJF and convince Wardlow to turn on him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lethrom posted:

I mean, three of the actual real company EVPs are portraying corrupt heels right now.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Lethrom posted:

Punk leads a new nWo of himself, Tyler Breeze, and Braun "Choo-Choo" Strowman

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Not gonna lie. I don't want Punk, I want Sheamus.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

MJeff posted:

I mean, three of the actual real company EVPs are portraying corrupt heels right now.
Yeah, this isn't a stretch at all. The Elite are EVPs and therefore heel authority figures in the company. Having him come in to clean them out pretty much writes itself.

He's also a great heel, so once the initial popularity of the anti-authority face is done with, just turn him. Or I guess have him go after the face EVPs next.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
AEW Elite GM Invitational Thread for where I post the videos and I guess you can GDT them. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3974091

yea ok posted:

peak probably not because he's way older but it's pretty easy to think that he would have a way better go of things in a company that doesn't suck the life out of every independent contractor it has + he'd be with his brother doing geek comedy on youtube, his actual passion. i've convinced myself: hire dolph ziggler

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Senerio posted:

Not gonna lie. I don't want Punk, I want Sheamus.

Sheamus in AEW would slap because in addition to Sheamus in AEW, it would mean Sheamus in NJPW.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Lethrom posted:

Right now, anti-Elite would work, I think. "Oh I come in and surprise, surprise, the three EVPs of the company all holding belts." That's face, sort of anti-authority, but not anti-AEW as a whole. A Kazarian/Punk Elite Hunter alliance might be cool.

(edit): beaten multiple times on this while typing

Shinjobi posted:

For me, the Survivor Series match where he basically won the whole thing single-handedly and then they had zero follow-up on it for him was like "ok, here you can pin point where they could have tried to do something major with him and they decided nah, he's not that guy"

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

MJeff posted:

Sheamus in AEW would slap because in addition to Sheamus in AEW, it would mean Sheamus in NJPW.

It was a joke but I am an unironic Sheamus mark so it wasn't as well.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

StarkRavingMad posted:

Right now, anti-Elite would work, I think. "Oh I come in and surprise, surprise, the three EVPs of the company all holding belts." That's face, sort of anti-authority, but not anti-AEW as a whole. A Kazarian/Punk Elite Hunter alliance might be cool.

(edit): beaten multiple times on this while typing

For me, the Survivor Series match where he basically won the whole thing single-handedly and then they had zero follow-up on it for him was like "ok, here you can pin point where they could have tried to do something major with him and they decided nah, he's not that guy"

Do Punk and Kazarian have any kind of history?

Also, yeah, fun fact about that Survivor Series match, I'm pretty sure that role was supposed to be Roman. That whole situation is WWE in a nutshell.

Senerio posted:

It was a joke but I am an unironic Sheamus mark so it wasn't as well.

He's not like a top 50 wrestler or anything but Sheamus has quietly been really good for legit like half a decade now, so, yeah.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

lmao ok i only just realized this was the ohio state flag

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

boxcarhobo posted:

lmao ok i only just realized this was the ohio state flag

I also put a crying buckeye in front of it. (I am very clever.)

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

karmicknight posted:

I also put a crying buckeye in front of it. (I am very clever.)

oh thats what that is

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Okay but what about this:

Cody Mauler Punk

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MJeff posted:

Do Punk and Kazarian have any kind of history?

According to Cagematch, they tag teamed twice!

...back in 2003. They were six man tags, with Joey Ryan and Matt Stryker as their third men respectively. I am sorry for this extremely cursed knowledge.

There was also a four way with CD and Jimmy Rave.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Make Punk go on Dark forever. Until people are screaming CM Punk instead of AEW. Then the fun begins :getin:

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

people here are afraid of confronting that dolph ziggler was always good

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

im extremely bored at work, i just saw this ad on twitter and i thought this was funny

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

CarlCX posted:

people here are afraid of confronting that dolph ziggler was always good

dolph ziggler was cool when I watched wwe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKqtFqpRLEk

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dolph is good at bumps. But his WWE stuff has always been Scrappy Doo Tribute poo poo at best. Dude has never felt like a truly high tier talent.

Shaemus def would be fun outside of WWE. That dude knows how to wrecking ball.

Tbh a Dolph vs Shaemus match in like PWG or Dark Elevation main sounds pretty appealing. Esp if they do wrestlers around the ring seating so they can get away with throwing Dolph into the crowd.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
On Talk is Jericho, Honk talked about his dream of traveling the world wrestling with his brother, and i certainly don't want to be the one who dashes that dream.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Punk and Bryan should feud over who is Renee's favorite co-host.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
To be fair to Dolph, has he ever wrestled in a promotion that wasn't actively going out of it's way to make him look like an utter dork at every possible opportunity? Up to and including having the owner's daughter cut a promo about how terrible he is for basically no reason?