Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

I was under the impression Punk burned the AEW bridge way back when with the whole "I don't do contracts over text" stuff.

CarlCX posted:

people here are afraid of confronting that dolph ziggler was always good

I was one of the people that turned on him completely during that "feud" storyline with Rusev/Miro, and I am completely down with him coming to AEW instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Roman Reigns posted:

I was under the impression Punk burned the AEW bridge way back when with the whole "I don't do contracts over text" stuff.

maybe that kind of line would burn bridges in the "bury people for not shaking hands" company but everyone in AEW seems pretty chill as long as you don't say hosed up things about them or their families

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I want Punk vs Eddie. You have the guy who walked away from the business at the height of his career vs the guy who was almost forced to quit at his lowest moment.

Yeah I'm with this. I suddenly want Punk's entire time in AEW just being Mox and Eddie stomping on his face in increasingly convoluted metaphors about the industry.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

maybe that kind of line would burn bridges in the "bury people for not shaking hands" company but everyone in AEW seems pretty chill as long as you don't say hosed up things about them or their families

Who said hosed up things about some or their family?

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
People are gonna remember punk is actually really good pretty quick.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I have absolutely no desire to see CM Punk in AEW, but IF they sign him I have no doubt they'll turn him into somebody I do want to see.

I'm calling this the "Ethan Page effect" for now.

Bryan Danielson would absolutely be a huge deal for me. The guy that got me into independent wrestling, hell yeah I'm excited to hear he might make it to AEW.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Shard posted:

Here's a hint, he has a quarantine thread with a thread title I am now kind of proud of.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

What are the odds of Suzuki showing up tonight?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Pylons posted:

Lower than him showing up on Chocopro tonight

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Pylons posted:

Non-Zero

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

the corn man who shall not be named is one of the few genuinely burned bridges i can think of

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Senerio posted:

Lower than him showing up on Chocopro tonight

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Christian held up the world belt on like his 2nd appearanmce with the company but thankfully theyve forgotten about that

No they haven’t they just didn’t crowbar him into an angle

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Colt is going to beat up Punk backstage

then Punk will job to the hottest unsigned talent Fuego Del Sol

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Roman Reigns posted:

I was one of the people that turned on him completely during that "feud" storyline with Rusev/Miro, and I am completely down with him coming to AEW instead.

yeah, that's kind of the thing, there are so many people on the WWE roster who people put in the 'bad' category when the only thing that's bad is the poo poo-rear end way the WWE is using them and personally murdering fan interest in them

The WWE as an organization is a trash fire but the talent has never been the problem, very, very few people on the roster are actually bad (jaxson ryker is ruining my ability to speak in absolutes) and basically any of them could be good to great given an actual chance somewhere

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Hire Dolph to be Nemeth's henchman. He can be the Wingmen's intern.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Roman Reigns posted:

It did seem like that kind of annoyed Cody and Tony Khan so maybe it cooled things off for a while, but now that the pandemic is over, that doesn't really matter when there's money to be made.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

the corn man who shall not be named is one of the few genuinely burned bridges i can think of

Besides him, Hogan is also banned for life.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
CM Punk will feel the torment of THE BILLY GOATS CURSE

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Remember when the Young Bucks did tryouts for WWE and got blacklisted for like a decade cause they didn't shake Booker T's hand or whatever?

I doubt AEW is remotely as petty about this kind of stuff.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

karmicknight posted:

Here's a hint, he has a quarantine thread with a thread title I am now kind of proud of.

it should just be CAnon: subtitle. i refuse to ever look at or post in there but right now it says C Anonymous Anonymous which is my new comic book character

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Grant DaNasty posted:

Hangman Page beats Kenny Omega in the "All Out" main event for the AEW World Championship. Hangman and the Dark Order celebrate with drinks, and then CM Punk comes out and knocks the drink out of Hangman's hand.

This is now the only acceptable way to debut Punk imo

Insane pop for the return, boos for the immediate heel turn, killer first title program for your top babyface

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Goons are so weird about Punk lol hes very good

SeedyV
Nov 10, 2005

Water Triiiiibe
I'm going to see an IWGP Title Defense tonight in-person and that rules.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Drakkel posted:

To be fair to Dolph, has he ever wrestled in a promotion that wasn't actively going out of it's way to make him look like an utter dork at every possible opportunity? Up to and including having the owner's daughter cut a promo about how terrible he is for basically no reason?

It's kind of crazy, but according to Cagematch, Dolph has never had a single match outside of OVW, FCW, and WWE.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah I'm with this. I suddenly want Punk's entire time in AEW just being Mox and Eddie stomping on his face in increasingly convoluted metaphors about the industry.

Why do you post like this?

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

StarkRavingMad posted:

It's kind of crazy, but according to Cagematch, Dolph has never had a single match outside of OVW, FCW, and WWE.

His entire goal in life was to get into the WWE and he didn't even mess around with the indies, just went straight from amateur wrestling to the feeder system.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

MJeff posted:

Punk and Bryan should feud over who is Renee's favorite co-host.

The Bryan/Punk singles match ends with a run-in, debut and a very kneevil attack on Punk from Renee's actual favorite co-host, and interim host of the Oral Sessions for a week, Danhausen.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

MJeff posted:

I will go one step further.

If he were to become available, AEW should sign Dolph Ziggler. :colbert:

Remake Dustin/Cody spot for spot with Nick and Ryan, coward Tony.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

If Punk comes back to wrestling I'm sure he will be the same very good talker and largely average worker he was before. I don't need to see it but I'm sure I'll watch it if he's on a show I watch, I've just not been interested in him in a while.

He's made a couple of okay horror movies. That's good, I guess.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

One thing I like about AEW is that people can ebb and flow on the roster without ever being totally memory-holed or stuck in catering. I get the sense that in most cases people will be looking for opportunities to feature people, and I like the idea of seeing someone in a big program and then maybe they step back for a little while to focus on other people.

I don't know enough about their contracts or how it works, but if you could bring in the likes of Punk without it jeopardising the careers of other people on the roster then that would be great. If you're paying people to stay home while they focus on someone like Punk it also has the benefit of not exploding everyone's knees by overworking them - I just wouldn't want that to turn into them sitting at home forever and never being featured again.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Goons are so weird about Punk lol hes very good

sign punk sign bryan sign ziggler sign them all because i trust AEW to make it work

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
does anyone know if there are going to be any pre-sale codes for the tickets that go on sale this Friday, for the Cincy event?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1417926099053400064

Christian Cage is ranked.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

As someone who almost saw one of Punk's last house shows but couldn't make it because I totalled my car trying to get to the show in a massive blizzard I hope I get another chance to see him wrestle live, preferably in a company that has a history of helping people revitalize their careers.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Now that they're touring again they need a fart powerranking. I need to know who the got the stankass.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Gaz-L posted:

I think the idea is each streamer is paired with an AEW talent as like a coach or something. So it's Jawny and Chuckie as a team, not opponents.

Oh poo poo, so Giant Bomb's Jan gets to team up with Orange Cassidy? Holy crap.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

It's interesting that both the Acclaimed and Varsity Blondes remain at the top despite their losses to the Bucks.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Yet another old guy taking a spot that should go to homegrown talent smh

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

coconono posted:

Now that they're touring again they need a fart powerranking. I need to know who the got the stankass.

Silver doesnt call her fartlander for nothing ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Duke Pukem posted:

Silver doesnt call her buttlander for nothing ...