Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

packetmantis posted:

Someone shaved him and he killed some people.

Like to think this is talking about SMG.

Alternatively: bloody action movie about an orangutan getting revenge for being shaved and prostituted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I thought that was referring to SMG as well and made a less clever reference because of it. I am shamed.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Dunston Logs On

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And I thought it was enough of a hot take that Doctor Strange obviously had to go for the outcome which ensured the two most dangerous people in the universe, Thanos and Tony Stark, both died.

I like this reading actually lol

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I can't believe SMG is secretly the murderous Indonesian primate written about in the works of Edgar Allan Poe.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Nuns with Guns posted:

I can't believe SMG is secretly the murderous Indonesian primate written about in the works of Edgar Allan Poe.

WE! DO NOT! TALK! ABOUT! THE SUPERMECHORAGUTAN!

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

How Wonderful! posted:

I don't really regularly read any forums in which SMG posts a lot but when I do read his posts I like them because he's at least throwing something fresh into the water and paying attention to the stuff he's watching or reading, even if he's paying attention in a super idiosyncratic way sometimes. I feel like a lot of goon posts about popular culture are just ossified nerd consensus re-filtered through SA tics and it gets very boring, so having someone just say no to that is a nice change of pace. Maybe I'd feel differently if I had to think about him every day but as it is I think about him maybe once every few months and it's usually fondly.

a lot of posting on something awful is someone posting a mildly controversial or unorthodox opinion and then seeing which person with an unmanaged mood or substance abuse disorder gets extraordinarily hostile at the appearance of disagreement

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
It's a bummer that SMG so often falls into a habit of intellectually dishonest, tone-deaf provocation (Steve is a Time Rapist) because they are very good at precise, evidence-driven, discourse-expanding provocation when they feel like it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Weed bong.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

Marcade posted:

It visited Paris.
I see. And who else was in Paris?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

a lot of posting on something awful is someone posting a mildly controversial or unorthodox opinion and then seeing which person with an unmanaged mood or substance abuse disorder gets extraordinarily hostile at the appearance of disagreement

What? No, you dumb goony gently caress, this doesn't happen around here. Suck the poo poo out of my rear end in a top hat, you creep

joking

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

WE DON'T TALK ABOUT THE ORANGUTANG

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Happy Weed Saga Page Everyone

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Frank Frank posted:

It's criminal that he was probed for that

Sometimes an undeserved punishment is its own badge of honor

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

It's a bummer that SMG so often falls into a habit of intellectually dishonest, tone-deaf provocation (Steve is a Time Rapist) because they are very good at precise, evidence-driven, discourse-expanding provocation when they feel like it.

honestly most of his posts I've seen have been are

-> assume inaccurate premises
-> build a thousand-word argument based on them
-> whenever anyone disagrees with the argument, restate inaccurate premises

which is amusing like, once or twice total.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I don't know why this suddenly popped into my head yesterday but I just remembered my favorite mod challenge of all time- THE MASTER PLAN in which Ruttiger got assigned the task to make a shot-by-shot remake of the dirty cowboy video (which has apparently been taken off youtube which is a loving crime because I can't find it :( )

challenge update thread

Ruttiger's remake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb_IQA9Zbow

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Tunicate posted:

honestly most of his posts I've seen have been are

-> assume inaccurate premises
-> build a thousand-word argument based on them
-> whenever anyone disagrees with the argument, restate inaccurate premises

which is amusing like, once or twice total.

you forgot to say "good and accurate"

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

HOLY gently caress posted:

I don't know why this suddenly popped into my head yesterday but I just remembered my favorite mod challenge of all time- THE MASTER PLAN in which Ruttiger got assigned the task to make a shot-by-shot remake of the dirty cowboy video (which has apparently been taken off youtube which is a loving crime because I can't find it :( )

challenge update thread

Ruttiger's remake:

That's really good!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

HOLY gently caress posted:

challenge update thread

Ruttiger's remake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brmz6uL1S0s&t=2277s
There's a bit of it here, about 37:57 if the timestamp doesn't work.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I'm just here for the weed page

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

:420:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Another notable horrible CD poster is MisterBibs, whose assessment of films has been so bad that Jack from RedLetterMedia once uttered the phrase, "MisterBibs, you are *horribly* incorrect!" on a stream in response to some awful take of his in the chat.

also

RFC2324 posted:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

RFC2324 posted:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

christmas boots posted:

TBF, his middle name is Melville, so even if he's not actually related, the reference is already mostly there, so I can understand why he felt obligated to finish it.

Moby's parents are loving stupid lol

:350:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I would like to buy one weed, please

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Kazinsal posted:

Another notable horrible CD poster is MisterBibs, whose assessment of films has been so bad that Jack from RedLetterMedia once uttered the phrase, "MisterBibs, you are *horribly* incorrect!" on a stream in response to some awful take of his in the chat.

also

Isn't Mister Bibs also the "choked on a hot dog" guy as well?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Yes

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

choked on a hot dog

???

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Apropos to your username, it actually happened twice

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Doesn't he have some weird throat thing going on? I feel weird making fun of medical stuff

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

christmas boots posted:

Doesn't he have some weird throat thing going on? I feel weird making fun of medical stuff

He absolutely isn't in the running to be the throat goat.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

It's funny until you find out he has a terrible medical condition that means even small chunks of food present a choking hazard and not that's he's trying to beat Obama's throat goat record, so you feel bad for mocking him. And then you remember it's Mr Bibs and hey it's funny again because that guy has some terrible opinions sometimes. I'll give him credit for trying to defend them at length in public though - just please not in threads I'm reading thanks.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Let me remind everyone that MisterBibs is one of two posters banned from the wow lore thread.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I 100% know it's supposed to mean that they have a medium sized food chunk choking hazard but the phrasing of "peril of choking on hot dogs" is just an apple presented on a golf tee in the world of low hanging fruit

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I dont care how small your throat is choking on a hotdog is never not funny.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

sweet geek swag posted:

Let me remind everyone that MisterBibs is one of two posters banned from the wow lore thread.

I only heard about it in the blizzwatch thread when some of the old wow lore thread regulars belatedly realized he was right about how none of the lore mattered because it would change whenever the devs wanted to tell a new story.

But also that he was so tiresome that nobody cared and it was fine that he was thread banned.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

sweet geek swag posted:

who the hell is the other one?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

no, not really. i married into a pagan sex cult for transgender people, got a job in a haunted prison, flew to Japan to do disaster relief, and went to Burning Man 3 times. pretty normal stuff, mostly.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Haven't seen a chain-probe like this in the wild for quite some time.

Last time this happened they made the subject of chain-probes an admin because there was no other way to stop fyad.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

pentyne posted:

Haven't seen a chain-probe like this in the wild for quite some time.

Last time this happened they made the subject of chain-probes an admin because there was no other way to stop fyad.

Bust is the patron saint of the cum town thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Skulk Hogan posted:

Bust is the patron saint of the cum town thread.

👏get 👏a👏better👏saint👏