Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Hegay posted:

This is the logic of galaxy brained PAPI leadership:

We cut goons off TTT, goons will have to fight the TTT in retaliation. While their focus is split, we'll attack 1DQ. All hands on deck needed so let's throw FRT a bone.

Or we ignore the TTT, deal with the war, then clean it up afterwards. You know, the proper order of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

SHISHKABOB posted:

Can you see the standings that two groups have for each other?

Not without being a member of whatever group in question.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Rhymenoserous posted:

Or we ignore the TTT, deal with the war, then clean it up afterwards. You know, the proper order of things.

In reality we would just roll up vcbee catalyst alts with a week or two of prep or subsudized injectors and just do it that way then abandon the accounts after with no impact to our 1dq efforts except divided attention.

Just ten thousand catalysts dying an hour and highsec alts just making GBS threads out bowhead loads of more cats lmao.

Can... can you get upwell structures concorded? Like, get gunner roles, pull Concord to the station, then gun it and shoot them.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
Kill (or at least constantly reinforce) the TTT ASAP so that their tax base dries up as pubbies flee the unsafe structure

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Can... can you get upwell structures concorded? Like, get gunner roles, pull Concord to the station, then gun it and shoot them.

This would be an incredible thing, particularly if you wanted to tank/scam a corp and get director roles then just tear their poo poo down.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

dialhforhero posted:

This would be an incredible thing, particularly if you wanted to tank/scam a corp and get director roles then just tear their poo poo down.

Apparently Upwell structures in highsec have safety on all the time.

Is there a way to get concorded with safety on? is the new question.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

not within intended game mechanics. if there's a way to, it would probably be classified as an exploit.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Yeah. To prevent concord situations, citadels are:
-Locked to green safety
-No bombs
-No PDS
-No DD
-No area of effect weapons of any kind

There's no way you can hurt someone not at war with you.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

OAquinas posted:

-Locked to green safety
-No bombs
-No PDS
-No DD

i bet they only did this after someone shot a neut in highsec and the node crashed due to concord piling in constantly to shoot the structure, then hitting the shield timer and still spawning in

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

i bet they only did this after someone shot a neut in highsec and the node crashed due to concord piling in constantly to shoot the structure, then hitting the shield timer and still spawning in

Proof CCP is against things that are Cool and Good

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

OAquinas posted:

-Locked to green safety
-No bombs
-No PDS
-No DD

Yep -- and it also means that highsec citadels are not particularly toothy, because citadel anti-subcap missiles are hot garbage. At best, they can focus-fire cruise missiles and chunk a Ferox for ~15% of its shields every 2.5 seconds. Plenty of time to warp off, or catch reps.

Halborn
Nov 8, 2020

So a brittle blade will shatter before it bends, so a brittle soul will break before it turns.
Whenever I'm told to I will gladly inject and unleash my alts on this TTT thing and burn highsec pubbie poo poo to the ground. If the fight against Serenity 2.0 will be my last battle before I finally win EVE, so be it.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

OAquinas posted:

I hope it's the TTT thing and not the "ram supers through the gate" thing--because I'm going to be a few hundred miles away from my computer on saturday and missing this would suuuuuuuuuuuck

Set up TeamViewer now :getin:

Halborn
Nov 8, 2020

So a brittle blade will shatter before it bends, so a brittle soul will break before it turns.

OAquinas posted:

I hope it's the TTT thing and not the "ram supers through the gate" thing--because I'm going to be a few hundred miles away from my computer on saturday and missing this would suuuuuuuuuuuck

Well gently caress. TeamViewer is also an option.

Halborn fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jul 21, 2021

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
This is something you should never say in an open forum.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's technically disallowed.

Halborn
Nov 8, 2020

I guess you guys are right.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
lol why the gently caress is that not allowed

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Beach Bum posted:

Set up TeamViewer now :getin:

Or use browser Eve!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Rhymenoserous posted:

too many headaches for ccp

in practice they don't care unless and until it becomes a headache for them at which point they ban everyone involved and call it a day

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

There was some rumblings about CCP banning you if you're running omega and alphas on the same IP, is that true?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hegay posted:

There was some rumblings about CCP banning you if you're running omega and alphas on the same IP, is that true?

the problem is only if you are doing so at the same time

i routinely use alpha accounts for wallet management roles and other stuff that involves no undocking, but you can't have them logged in at the same time as each other or at the same time as an omega account

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Rhymenoserous posted:

It's banned here as well.

quote:

Only one person may use a forum account. Account sharing is a bannable offense, so please keep your password secure.

Account sharing is sure to lead to drama so threatening a ban is a way to avoid it. I highly doubt it's a highly policed issue here or for CCP, until the account owner tells on themselves trying to get a probe reversed/stolen game assets recovered.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Only if you're running them at the same time.

Edit: beaten

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

DARPA posted:

Account sharing is sure to lead to drama so threatening a ban is a way to avoid it. I highly doubt it's a highly policed issue here or for CCP, until the account owner tells on themselves trying to get a probe reversed/stolen game assets recovered.

What does TeamViewer have to do with account sharing?

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

The launcher won't even allow you to run multiple Alphas at the same time, for all the added accounts.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Ynglaur posted:

What does TeamViewer have to do with account sharing?

Nothing. The conversation moved elsewhere after a well advised edit.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

What's funny about getting banned for running an alpha and omega at the same time is I accidently did this. You can just make a new alpha character while you are logged in as an omega. It seems to totally bypass the check. Not super useful as you can never log out but I fibd it funny that there is the potential to get banned by playing the gane normally.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I thought you could just run each instance under a different windows user, did they patch that out? Either way you could just run them in virtual machines if you wanted. Its not hard getting around the alpha account restriction.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
i think someone on reddit was bitching that they got banned because their kid brother was playing on an alpha account at the same time they were playing on their omega account. ccp saw the identical ip addresses and banned them, even though they were two different people on two different computers.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Sounds like bullshit. They would be able to see the different MACID's

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

So all of you fucks spammed like 30 threads about poo poo going down in t5z tonight and I took the bait and resubbed....

...just to learn that you guys are major pussies and can't form to fight us. Even after bluing snuff, rotte, nsh, poaching some retards from nc and whoever else joined your clown circus. Instead of fighting you have your poo poo clown leader Mittani insult people irl. So yeah, gently caress all of you.

Feel free to downvote, this place turned into a goon forum afterall. But remember, you guys are loving pussies that can only talk poo poo on reddit.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

ded posted:

You’d think so. But if they can, they must not care if a perma-banned player makes a new account on the same computer.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

ded posted:

So all of you fucks spammed like 30 threads about poo poo going down in t5z tonight and I took the bait and resubbed....

...just to learn that you guys are major pussies and can't form to fight us. Even after bluing snuff, rotte, nsh, poaching some retards from nc and whoever else joined your clown circus. Instead of fighting you have your poo poo clown leader Mittani insult people irl. So yeah, gently caress all of you.

Feel free to downvote, this place turned into a goon forum afterall. But remember, you guys are loving pussies that can only talk poo poo on reddit.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

ded posted:

:ccp:

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Mmmm there it is. I was waiting for it. This is my favorite post rn.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

dialhforhero posted:

Mmmm there it is. I was waiting for it. This is my favorite post rn.

You guys are assholes

Recently CCP devs are responding to community feedback at an incredible speed and releasing patches about the poo poo you guys bitch about. Yea the ads are hosed but that's on marketing not the core developers. I am seriously impressed with the speed at which CCP have released changes.

Best of all AT is back and I'd expect you fucks to be all smiles and sunshine but you're making GBS threads on that too.

Thank God this game is pvp based so I can explode your spaceships so you can cry about scarcity more and how it's gonna take you possibly another hour to rebuy your ship. Or boohoo muh capitals are docked. That is if you ever dare to leave your loving constellation of rear end. Circle jerking about the never ending war. Leave your magic dog dragon alone he's quite chaffed at this point. You fucks. You do know needle jacks exist don't you??? And you other shits know there are plenty of neutrals to shoot if you go to them. But loving hell all the idiots on this game have joined one of the two sides to engage in the biggest staring contest known to man kind. The winner gets to keep their clown makeup on while the loser gets sentenced to 4 more years of poo poo posting.

You want content? Make it happen.

Spoiled loving brats. This game is a million times more accessible then it ever has been but at it's core it's a niche game and it's gonna remain a niche game. Hell this is a tangent but I still feel like yelling at you guys because you all suck shits. Turned me into a navy seal copy pasta you boring milktoast Jerry simps.

gently caress your war gently caress your goons gently caress your papi

Undock in t1/faction cruises and roam you plebs.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

DARPA posted:

Oh. You don’t know what teamviewer is. It’s absolutely not banned here lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Dik Hz posted:

You guys are assholes

Recently CCP devs are responding to community feedback at an incredible speed and releasing patches about the poo poo you guys bitch about. Yea the ads are hosed but that's on marketing not the core developers. I am seriously impressed with the speed at which CCP have released changes.

Best of all AT is back and I'd expect you fucks to be all smiles and sunshine but you're making GBS threads on that too.

Thank God this game is pvp based so I can explode your spaceships so you can cry about scarcity more and how it's gonna take you possibly another hour to rebuy your ship. Or boohoo muh capitals are docked. That is if you ever dare to leave your loving constellation of rear end. Circle jerking about the never ending war. Leave your magic dog dragon alone he's quite chaffed at this point. You fucks. You do know needle jacks exist don't you??? And you other shits know there are plenty of neutrals to shoot if you go to them. But loving hell all the idiots on this game have joined one of the two sides to engage in the biggest staring contest known to man kind. The winner gets to keep their clown makeup on while the loser gets sentenced to 4 more years of poo poo posting.

You want content? Make it happen.

Spoiled loving brats. This game is a million times more accessible then it ever has been but at it's core it's a niche game and it's gonna remain a niche game. Hell this is a tangent but I still feel like yelling at you guys because you all suck shits. Turned me into a navy seal copy pasta you boring milktoast Jerry simps.

gently caress your war gently caress your goons gently caress your papi

Undock in t1/faction cruises and roam you plebs.

I like this post, too.