Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
EDIT: I thought that this was the Trump LOL thread in GBS.

Though on topic, I wonder if Disney + will ever do Disney + specific movies. Like smaller MCU stories that are too small to put into theaters but couldn't be a full series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

twistedmentat posted:

Though on topic, I wonder if Disney + will ever do Disney + specific movies. Like smaller MCU stories that are too small to put into theaters but couldn't be a full series.
I doubt it….the shows are kind of the place for properties that are not at movie level

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I don’t imagine there’s any two hour MCU movie that couldn’t be padded out to a six episode series.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

FlamingLiberal posted:

I doubt it….the shows are kind of the place for properties that are not at movie level

I guess its most likely you'd have a short series like Loki rather than like a 2 hour made for D+ movie.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

I bet Disney will see how well the numbers that Guardian's holiday special beings in before they announce anything else like that.

It would be pretty neat if they used D+ to drop 60-80 minute tv movies

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

twistedmentat posted:

I guess its most likely you'd have a short series like Loki rather than like a 2 hour made for D+ movie.

Dunno, we got black widow :rimshot:

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Everyone’s talking about Knull! Everyone’s asking when are we getting a Knull movie!

Knull!!

SHUT THE gently caress UP

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

twistedmentat posted:

I am reminded of how the latest Resident Evil INFINITE DARKNESS "series" on Netflix is just another RE CG movie but chopped up into 4 "episodes" because METRICS

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I've never actually read any of the new comics with Knull but I hate him anyway because it retroactively makes the mysterious and badass All-Black some dumb symbiote thing.

But Gorr is in the MCU and Venom is not, so maybe it's fixed by default in the movies.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

Ror posted:

I've never actually read any of the new comics with Knull but I hate him anyway because it retroactively makes the mysterious and badass All-Black some dumb symbiote thing.

But Gorr is in the MCU and Venom is not, so maybe it's fixed by default in the movies.

There is a non-zero chance that venom is actually in the mcu, and in my mind the fact that they chose Gorr is a sign that theyre planning on using him later

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Sony would absolutely use Knull

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mameluke posted:

I get the impression that Disney's new approach to talent in the MCU is a lot like the famous Big Finish lunches that keep Doctor Who actors coming back. After 10-movie contracts and RDJ having to fight for his costars in Avengers it seems like the idea is now to ensure the actors have a good working environment so they keep coming back.

Big Finish lunches?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Leslie Grace has been cast as Batgirl for her standalone movie. She's done In the Heights and basically nothing else.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Shageletic posted:

Big Finish lunches?

Big Finish, which produces audio plays for several properties (Doctor Who being a big one), is a really relatively small outfit and can't afford outrageous paydays for their actors. However, they are famous for their catered lunches, which are apparently so phenomenal that actors wouldn't stop raving about them in interviews (to the point that they had to ask people to stop talking about them).

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

For a second I read that as Leslie Jones and was excited people were going to come unglued.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Dawgstar posted:

For a second I read that as Leslie Jones and was excited people were going to come unglued.

I would be angry because Leslie Jones deserves so much better.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Michaela Coel of I May Destroy You got cast in the Black Panther sequel and everyone's freaking out about her being Storm (there is no way she's going to be Storm, it's absurd speculation)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Arist posted:

Michaela Coel of I May Destroy You got cast in the Black Panther sequel and everyone's freaking out about her being Storm (there is no way she's going to be Storm, it's absurd speculation)
You're right, she's not going to be Storm, she's going to be Mephisto.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Obviously a Kang variant

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Arist posted:

Zenzi from TNC's run, maybe?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Disney's gonna give her the Terrance Howard special and make her Shuri.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

RevKrule posted:

Disney's gonna give her the Terrance Howard special and make her Shuri.

The thought did cross my mind

EDIT: Oh poo poo, someone on another site mentioned a possibility I think is very likely: Aneka, Ayo's girlfriend and partner as the Midnight Angels in TNC and Stelfreeze's run. By which I mean probably Ayo's 'cousin' a la Sailor Neptune and Uranus in the 90s Sailor Moon dub, given Disney's approach to LGBTQ rep.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jul 22, 2021

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I mean if she isn't anti-vax too that's a step up.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Gaz-L posted:

Zenzi from TNC's run, maybe?

I'm sort of hoping that A) The Namor rumors are true, and B) Cole's from that side of the battle lines. Like she's Namora or Llyra or what have you.

Or hey, maybe she's a variant T'Challa. I guess that's a whole new way to fix actor deaths, huh.

theironjef fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jul 22, 2021

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Why did Dark Phoenix suck so bad if First Class was pretty ok, days of future past was very well liked if I recall correctly, and Apocalypse kinda sucked but was at least kinda interesting in scope?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Calaveron posted:

Why did Dark Phoenix suck so bad if First Class was pretty ok, days of future past was very well liked if I recall correctly, and Apocalypse kinda sucked but was at least kinda interesting in scope?

Simon Kinberg

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I thought they couldn't get worse than singer and they proved me wrong.

E: as a film maker, not person, of course.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They should've thrown whatever boatload of money they ended up giving Vaughn for the Kingsman films to get him to do more X-Men.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Apocalypse was so bad that Dark Phoeni⨂: X-Men 3: The Last Stand 2 was an improvement

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
X-men and Batman are doomed to keep making movies of the one story that people who don't know anything about the characters know.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

X-men and Batman are doomed to keep making movies of the one story that people who don't know anything about the characters know.

Uhhh... not sure what Batman story you mean? Cuz Burton just did whatever the gently caress he wanted, Schumacher pulled origins from the comics but most did original takes, Nolan kinda pulled bits and pieces from Year One, Killing Joke, No Man's Land, Knightfall and others, and Snyder pulls from Dark Knight Returns...

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Do we know what The will be based on?

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I just pray we finally learn Batman's secret origin. Perhaps some info on what kind of jewelry his mom would wear.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Calaveron posted:

I don't think it's really based on anything. Probably something early in Batman's career and his first encounter with Riddler. Though people think the Court of Owls are also involved.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Calaveron posted:

Year One, Year Two (is that one a thing, right?) and The Long Halloween. That's about what I remember they mentioned.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC HBO Max is doing a Batman tv series tie in to The Batman movie.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

IIRC HBO Max is doing a Batman tv series tie in to The Batman movie.

GCPD, I believe?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

X-O posted:

Simon Kinberg

This is really it. The quality of an X-Men movie is inversely proportional to the level of input Kinberg had in it.

X-Men, X2, Logan? No Kinberg whatsoever. The Last Stand? Kinberg wrote the final shooting script. First Class? Kinberg has a producer credit because he had done work on the Origins: Magneto script that got folded into First Class, but otherwise had nothing to do with it. The Wolverine? No Kinberg. Days of Future Past? Kinberg did the first draft and then Vaughn and Goldman took over. Apocalypse? Kinberg was the sole writer, and ended up ghost-directing some scenes because Singer would occasionally disappear and not show up for work. Dark Phoenix? Sole writer and his directorial debut, and holy poo poo that was a bad, bad movie.

Yes, I'm ignoring Origins Wolverine because everyone should ignore that.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The only time Wolverine Origins' existence should be brought up is when Ryan Reynolds makes fun of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

FlamingLiberal posted:

The only time Wolverine Origins' existence should be brought up is when Ryan Reynolds makes fun of it

I still can't believe the action figure joke made it into Deadpool unaltered from the original script