Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

morallyobjected posted:

I'd thought about asking, but I'm almost only ever regularly available past 21:00 PST/PDT, which is like the worst time since anyone in a later US time zone is often going to bed and everyone in Europe is already asleep.

aight :) just don't want you to feel left out. lemme know if you change your mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

aight :) just don't want you to feel left out. lemme know if you change your mind

thanks, I appreciate it!

there are some weird things I hope they fix/change about Factions 2.0, one of which being the ability to mark someone through a railing lol. it wasn't even blocking my view at all, but I think the hitbox for it must have been ever so slightly in the way still, because I must have clicked it at least 5-6 times.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

what's the word on factions tuesday tomorrow?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

what's the word on factions tuesday tomorrow?

The word is 'Yes' :hai:
Going to returnal for a few hours again and then can play some factions and I have no work tomorrow either :D

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I normally have every Tuesday off, but my work hosed up and scheduled me tomorrow. I am down for pretty much every upcoming Tuesday though. Last week was a blast. So much fun.

I am scared that once you guys figure out my tricks, my days of looking like a badass are extremely numbered though lol.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

If we're only doing like 90 mins or so (which is fine) I'd be up for throwing down a little earlier than last week, maybe 11 or 11:30 pst / GMT 7 or 7: 30

or we can do the tlou stream first in the day and then send you on your way to the Returnal session. I leave it to the brits.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jul 20, 2021

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I am scared that once you guys figure out my tricks, my days of looking like a badass are extremely numbered though lol.

we comin for you mono

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I read GMT as "grand mountain time" because our mountains are so grand and was like "no i don't care if I am off work I am not playing tlou at 7 am. Luckily I live in regular Mountain Time though. It's Britney mountain time, bish.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

If we're only doing like 90 mins or so (which is fine) I'd be up for throwing down a little earlier than last week, maybe 11 or 11:30 pst / GMT 7 or 7: 30

or we can do the tlou stream first in the day and then send you on your way to the Returnal session. I leave it to the brits.

Hmmm. I usually start streaming at 6:30 on tuesday, so it would be 10:30 pst which is very early. Most american friends would not be around I do not think. I am almost at the end of returnal too and jonesing to find those secrets. Ummm.

If we started early, who would be around?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Hmmm. I usually start streaming at 6:30 on tuesday, so it would be 10:30 pst which is very early. Most american friends would not be around I do not think. I am almost at the end of returnal too and jonesing to find those secrets. Ummm.

If we started early, who would be around?

I can do 10:30 for this time, and yeah we don't always have to do the same time, we can switch it up as we go. Perhaps you and esco can poll in the PS5 thread, starting early this time might allow a few more uk/euro and USA easterners to join. Who knows

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I can do 10:30 for this time, and yeah we don't always have to do the same time, we can switch it up as we go. Perhaps you and esco can poll in the PS5 thread, starting early this time might allow a few more uk/euro and USA easterners to join. Who knows

I believe esco is not around tonight sadly. So it would mostly be me as the only brit. Maybe fridge? I will post!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I'll will be around tonight! Earlier is better for me, but I should be able to play for an hour or so even if we start at 9pm. I'm off work today feeling a bit poorly after my jab but I hope to be feeling better this evening :)

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
I have the week off (broke and housebound) giving me time to be around :dukedoge:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

mysterious animal spotted in the wild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbGYbPzzuXk

:eyepop:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ6rMuMrKk4

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

looks like trash

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

looks like trash

how dare you speak ill of the cyberpunk sequel :colbert:

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

How am I supposed to snipe people if the whole game is spent falling through the floor :colbert:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Aidan_702 posted:

How am I supposed to snipe people if the whole game is spent falling through the floor :colbert:

I dont see where the problem is :twisted:

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
One thing I'm curious how the TV will adapt the storytelling of the game is how well the games use the idea of leaving things out and narratively skipping ahead during plot points. For example, Left Behind ends with Riley being infected - we know from the main game that Elle kills her, but we're not shown that happening onscreen.

Or how after the prologue, we get that cut to the credits with little audio snippets, then smash cut to the twenty years later card. We don't get told what happened to Joel in that time, but we can piece it together through context and clues he gives us.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/PedroPascal1/status/1418285133090594816?s=20

I'm so loving H Y P E D

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

I dont see where the problem is :twisted:

fridge your body was too busy being kicked in the face repeatedly to be able to see anything

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
HBO is throwing an insane amount of money at this show :stare:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

fridge your body was too busy being kicked in the face repeatedly to be able to see anything

In my defense it wasnt until about an hour in that I finally figured out how to craft stuff and use health kits :D

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

OldMemes posted:

HBO is throwing an insane amount of money at this show :stare:

HBO is part of Warner Media which is owned by AT&T who have loving billions of gently caress you money dedicated to anything related to Warner Media and HBO/HBO Max.

AT&T believes the companies future is a media company and is fully prepared to sink or swim that way.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Douchebag posted:

HBO is part of Warner Media which is owned by AT&T who have loving billions of gently caress you money dedicated to anything related to Warner Media and HBO/HBO Max.

AT&T believes the companies future is a media company and is fully prepared to sink or swim that way.

Sink, more like. AT&T just signed a deal to divest of Warner Media and spin it into a merge with Discovery. It seems like the paper pusher guy who spearheaded the whole HBOmax thing under AT&T alienated a lot of talent during COVID and may have been pushed out by consensus but who knows, corps always pretend like these kinds of things are consensual and amicable.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The concierge from White Lotus is confirmed to be in the TLOU show as well and he is fantastic in that.

Also Anna Torv is a good pick for Tess.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Sink, more like. AT&T just signed a deal to divest of Warner Media and spin it into a merge with Discovery. It seems like the paper pusher guy who spearheaded the whole HBOmax thing under AT&T alienated a lot of talent during COVID and may have been pushed out by consensus but who knows, corps always pretend like these kinds of things are consensual and amicable.

Working for HBO is the ultimate endgame of any TV production studio. It doesn’t matter who owns what, HBO still commands a level of prestige that nothing else comes close to. What’s the next biggest premium cable channel, Starz?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Showtime is still around, I think? I always thought of them as #2.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

LOL. That paper pusher who spearheaded HBOmax became CEO of AT&T when Stephenson stepped down.

HBO still cranks out quality content so I’m not worried how they are structured into any company.

Douchebag fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jul 26, 2021

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

HBO is good and TLOU TV Show is good and real and cool unlike Factions 2 which continues to not exist

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Instead of missing coffee Joel will talk about how much he misses the quality programming on HBO

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Douchebag posted:

LOL. That paper pusher who spearheaded HBOmax became CEO of AT&T when Stephenson stepped down.

nice. well maybe the bitch will feel free to gently caress off and stay there

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

bobjr posted:

Instead of missing coffee Joel will talk about how much he misses the quality programming on HBO

Oh god, just imagining the product placement.

I just hope they have a few scenes of Joel or Ellie picking up a note left behind and flipping it back and forth so we can admire the physics of the paper movement.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Some fun factions games y'all! Gradually improving. Bonkers going up against some high level sweats at the end. I can't imagine playing the same game for drat near 7 years. I think the most hours I ever sunk into a game was Battlefield 3 on PS3 at around 650hrs and I thought that was excessive

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

dog nougat posted:

Some fun factions games y'all! Gradually improving. Bonkers going up against some high level sweats at the end. I can't imagine playing the same game for drat near 7 years. I think the most hours I ever sunk into a game was Battlefield 3 on PS3 at around 650hrs and I thought that was excessive

Yeah, that dude with the motocycle helmet was an absolute crackshot with the bow.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Showtime is still around, I think? I always thought of them as #2.

Called it quit and got himself auto-banned just a couple of days ago over someone using light sarcasm over the game New World.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

dog nougat posted:

You're definitely getting the hang of it, that mid-firefight shiv you got in the suburbs was clutch.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Went and played a lil more solo this evening. Interrogation is a pretty fun game mode. Lasts for a while and you can get everything upgraded fairly easily. Definitely need a full group of 8 to play though.

Best part is that shiv-ing counts towards an interrogation. :ese:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

good video about what ND has gotten right and wrong in their multiplayer designs, i largely agree with everything said here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4zTj-7sxCE