Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i was probated last night but i made egg roll in a bowl

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6984976959960796421

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Made spaghetti bolognese with impossible burger meat and I will never eat a cow (for ground ‘meat’) again

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
I will continue to eat steak sorry cows stop being so delicious

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Homemade nachos

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'll be having a steak with veggies and possibly a potato.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

My mom gave me some curry and the cocksucking lid broke on the way to work and now my car/me reeks of tumeric

FacePox
Jun 16, 2021

3 days ago I made brisket and I've been eating away at it every night since.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
5 grilled cheese sandwiches made with sunbeam white bread, margarine, velveeta cheese-like product, and marmite. A bit too much marmite honestly, but I ain’t bitching. Lightly sprinkled them with el yucateco orange habanero sauce, until I ran out, then I switched to el yucateco red. Was pretty good, and the first vegetarian meal I’ve had in quite some time.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'll be having a steak with veggies and possibly a potato.

I undercooked the steak so I tried throwing it in the microwave for a minute and it actually worked.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i made burger salad tonight

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
I had two chili lime shrimp ramens

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

you gotta get the indomie mi goreng

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I undercooked the steak so I tried throwing it in the microwave for a minute and it actually worked.

Nice lookin meal!

As long as you get a good sear, if you're unsure it's always better to go rarer, the mick-rowave is just fine for finishing it up if you're careful.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Nice lookin meal!

As long as you get a good sear, if you're unsure it's always better to go rarer, the mick-rowave is just fine for finishing it up if you're careful.

Yeah I did it for a minute and it wasn't quite there and then 20 more seconds it was almost well done. Yikes.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Mrs. Rice made lasagna last night.

Tonight I had reheated lasagna.

Tomorrow will probably be reheated lasagna.

Who knows what Tuesday holds?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Spaghetti and meatballs!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
greek style of salad. small bag of kettle chips (black pepper flavor)

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i made spaghetti and meatballs too but i used jarred sauce and frozen meatballs

tomorrow im gonna make some kinda zucchini boats with zucchinis and cherry tomatoes and peppers from my garden.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Boooooooooooooooooooooooorittooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Tilapia w/ pesto and jicama fries

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

i made spaghetti and meatballs too but i used jarred sauce and frozen meatballs

tomorrow im gonna make some kinda zucchini boats with zucchinis and cherry tomatoes and peppers from my garden.

:hfive:

Hey jarred sauce and frozen meatballs buddy! Only thing I did besides basically cook pasta and heat everything up is throw a bunch of garlic in the sauce.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
taco tuesday mfers!!!!!

chicken thighs rubbed with paprika in the instant pot with some chicken stock and a lime juice and some pineapple slices on top, then made salsa with the rest ofd the pineapple and some cilantro, red onion, lime, and fresh peppers from the garden.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssstaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I took a page from the op. Rubbed some thighs with olive oil, garlic and sage and thyme, some red mashed potatoes and braised kale, also from my garden. Good eatins

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
I made zucchini boats with ground turkey and cheery tomatoes and thyme and parsley and oregano and banana pepper and feta and plain yogurt

They were real good

Tomorrow im makin enchiladas and i cant decide between green or red but im thinkin green cuz i got some jalapenos i grew

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Wife and I bought a house with a nice kitchen so I've started cooking so it doesn't feel like a huge waste and I'm TERRIBLE at it.

Making top round steak, mixed veg with some melted butter, and white rice, probably with a lil spoon of hoisin sauce. I'm afraid to buy better meat because I'll gently caress it up and have to order takeout.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Better cuts of meat tend to be more forgiving. If I overcook a beef tenderloin to medium it'll still be juicy. Not as good as medium rare but still good. Same with ribeye. You have to cook tougher cuts of meat just right for them to work. But it's rewarding when it does work out. Try different methods like a slow cooker or braising.

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I made zucchini boats with ground turkey and cheery tomatoes and thyme and parsley and oregano and banana pepper and feta and plain yogurt

They were real good

Tomorrow im makin enchiladas and i cant decide between green or red but im thinkin green cuz i got some jalapenos i grew

That sounds good.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Good advice, thank you. I’ll give it a shot. Slowly getting more confident I’m not going to kill us with a little rare or a little well done steak.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Made some bomb rear end chili to put on a baked potato. Wife turned her potato into chili cheese fries

IT HAS BEANS IN IT

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Ville Valo posted:

Good advice, thank you. I’ll give it a shot. Slowly getting more confident I’m not going to kill us with a little rare or a little well done steak.

Steak is reaaaally hard to gently caress up beyond salvaging. Shoot for the colour you want and if it gets overdone god made steak sauce for a reason.

Don't forget meat keeps cooking for a little bit out of the pan too.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

nexous posted:

Made some bomb rear end chili to put on a baked potato. Wife turned her potato into chili cheese fries

IT HAS BEANS IN IT

I like beans in chili. Wouldn't be my first choice for a chili cheese baked potato, but I wouldn't turn my nose up at it.

Smugworth fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 22, 2021

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I always found the beans hate weird, they're so unoffensive and good for you and there's still plenty of meat in there little babymen.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Chili without beans makes me sad. It's like the flaccid penis of chili.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Literally A Person posted:

Chili without beans makes me sad. It's like the flaccid penis of chili.

Chili is stored in the beans

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I always found the beans hate weird, they're so unoffensive and good for you and there's still plenty of meat in there little babymen.

Texas was a mistake.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I didn't have a jar of sauce to dress up so I made this poo poo from scratch, and it was good

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I like your dog in the pics of your food in everywhere you post on this forum.

Ville Valo posted:

Oh also, get a thermometer. I don't trust myself cooking things to the right temp and an instant read thermometer like a ThermoPro is a lifesaver.

FacePox
Jun 16, 2021

Almost every morning I have my eggs over easy, but today I decided to fry them in butter and get them all crispy. It was really good but I don't think it was terribly healthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

it's like football or religion. Everyone is born into a certain chili clan based on where they and their parents grew up, and this gives them something to argue about immediately with any American from outside their local ethnic group