Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I hardly notice Stephanopoulos at all. I think he's totally adequate but he just blends in with the show entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

Poque posted:

I hardly notice Stephanopoulos at all. I think he's totally adequate but he just blends in with the show entirely.

I actually quite like Stephanopoulos. I'd stick him at #4.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
He's kind of a nothingburger for me, too. He's not bad but he just blends in entirely. The only times I notice him are the 3-4 times a game when his voice gets randomly croaky.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
He seemed shocked at the saying of The Little Barber Shop of Horrors. I can't picture him as a fan of the musical (or films) but humans can be weird like that.

He strikes me as barely putting effort into it. Above Anderson but strictly middle of the pack.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

HookShot posted:

He's kind of a nothingburger for me, too. He's not bad but he just blends in entirely. The only times I notice him are the 3-4 times a game when his voice gets randomly croaky.

Ugh, thank you. I want to shout at my TV for somebody to give him a spit bucket.

Also lol at Charlotte's Web stumping all three contestants in Final

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Apparently College Bowl still exists! It's a bit poo poo though.

E: oh god it's bad. 'What kind of insect carries lyme disease?'

Unkempt fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jul 19, 2021

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
I have an audition this week. It'll be pretty drat fun to brag about my wife being on just two weeks ago. :cool:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Golbez posted:

I have an audition this week. It'll be pretty drat fun to brag about my wife being on just two weeks ago. :cool:

Good luck!

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Unkempt posted:

Apparently College Bowl still exists! It's a bit poo poo though.

E: oh god it's bad. 'What kind of insect carries lyme disease?'

A bit poo poo? That's what my nieces put in their diapers. This is a full on lock the door after undercooked cheeseburgers diarrhea cacophony. I wanted a competition with actual college level material, not the Hee Haw Comedy Hour.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Island Nation posted:

A bit poo poo? That's what my nieces put in their diapers. This is a full on lock the door after undercooked cheeseburgers diarrhea cacophony. I wanted a competition with actual college level material, not the Hee Haw Comedy Hour.

Yeah, we still have University Challenge in the UK which was a licenced version of College Bowl and it's great, genuinely hard, wide ranging questions at a university level, so I had some hope.

The thing I watched last night had a question that was 'if you divide a pizza into 8 slices, how many slices would make a quarter?'

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
I'm aware University Challenge came from College Bowl and was hoping but not expecting something similar given the commercial nature of television here and eventually all TV in the UK at some point. What I wasn't expecting was a painfully unfunny double act, questions that middle (junior high/primary, etc) could get answered by schools selected more for racial quotas and ties to the hosts than anything all to win one semester's worth of books

E: Peyton is now doing alt. coverage for Monday Night Football with Eli so maybe there's a chance it's NBC that makes it terrible.

Island Nation fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jul 19, 2021

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Did Josh answer the War daily double without using the question form?

Edit: no he was just really fast

Hed fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jul 20, 2021

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I'm sad that the First Lady from Independence Day didn't win

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
Still not sure what exactly they were looking for on that 'what type of pub' clue.

"Brewery, tavern, pub!"
"Correct!"

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
That wooly mammoth clue was one of the worst written clues I have ever seen.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

HookShot posted:

That wooly mammoth clue was one of the worst written clues I have ever seen.
Yeah, my wife and I were completely baffled by that one. I can't imagine anyone getting "what is woolly?" from that one.

I don't think it got mentioned in this thread, but they completely mixed up Mars and Venus in a clue last week too.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woolly_rhinoceros

I get what they were going for... "It wasn't just mammoths that were called this..." might have been a little better.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003

Jokymi posted:

Still not sure what exactly they were looking for on that 'what type of pub' clue.

"Brewery, tavern, pub!"
"Correct!"

I thought they were looking for 'brew pub'.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

rockinricky posted:

I thought they were looking for 'brew pub'.

:same:

It was similar to the woolly clue where half of the term was already given to you so that seemed too obvious.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Unkempt posted:

Yeah, we still have University Challenge in the UK which was a licenced version of College Bowl and it's great, genuinely hard, wide ranging questions at a university level, so I had some hope.

The thing I watched last night had a question that was 'if you divide a pizza into 8 slices, how many slices would make a quarter?'

Go easy on Manning, that's the kind of material he was tested on in college!

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

packetmantis posted:

Go easy on Manning, that's the kind of material he was tested on in college!

He also took a class in law, look how well that's worked for him and his brothers.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Sir….this is a Wendy’s drive thru.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Duckman2008 posted:

What is a Wendy’s drive thru?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:hmmyes:

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Goddamn it , a very good point. Consider myself owned.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

I feel like there have been plenty of clues about Trump, his family, his career and his presidency before, during, and after his term, right??

Also I don’t like her dress today

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

mlnhd posted:

I feel like there have been plenty of clues about Trump, his family, his career and his presidency before, during, and after his term, right??

Maybe not as many with the answer, "Who is Trump?" as we get for the others he names, but yeah...plenty of clues about him and his administration.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

This is the same leftist corrupted Jeopardy that has entire categories about the bible every other week??

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

banned from Starbucks posted:

This is the same leftist corrupted Jeopardy that has entire categories about the bible every other week day??

Ftfy.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mlnhd posted:

Also I don’t like her dress today

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Made me sign into Facebook for the first time in months, hope you’re happy.

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Maybe not as many with the answer, "Who is Trump?" as we get for the others he names, but yeah...plenty of clues about him and his administration.

Apparently, a bunch of former Jeopardy contestants searched J-Archive, and there’ve been at least 14 or so clues that mention Trump in some form or another in the past 3 years, and said so in that comment thread. Dude moved the goalposts once that was made known, because of course he did like a typical MAGA jackass.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jul 22, 2021

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I feel like Robin's dress would have been better if one of the yellow hoops had shown up in the top half. More substantially, she's doing a pretty good job, I think.

TIL that carillon birds like condors also count as raptors!

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
That question about "life lists" was so stupid.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I like Robin's energy! She's one of the most personable. I don't know if she's the perfect fit but she's super different from everybody else so far and I really respect that.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I'm really enjoying how excited she is to be host.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Yeah, the "Johnny Gilbert said my name!" bit she did is fun

Groundskeeper Silly
Sep 1, 2005

My philosophy...
The first rule is:
You look good.
Can you imagine like a White Scientists category?

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Groundskeeper Silly posted:

Can you imagine like a White Scientists category?

We did have “female authors, and some male ones too” a while back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Poque posted:

I like Robin's energy! She's one of the most personable. I don't know if she's the perfect fit but she's super different from everybody else so far and I really respect that.