Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

lmao, killer impression too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

that tiktok is amazing. it made me have this thought which made me laugh cause it's 100% plausible:

conor and dustin fight 3 more times, where conor loses by knockout, submission, and then another knockout, all in the 1st round. conor fights dustin again for their 7th bout after a 2 year layoff, and after 3 rounds of laying on his back eating elbows to the face and while Herb Dean spaces out thinking about if he got his clothes out the dryer, conor throws an illegal upkick while holding onto dustin's gloves and gets the KO win.

within minutes the MMA community is buzzing that Conor is back!!

He gets a title shot

"We came to take over!!"

"Humble in defeat", the 2-6 fighter boasts, "dustin's a great fighter but i was the greater man and i'm happy to put this one to rest forever"

he's on the cover of UFC 5 for xbox/ps5

captainblastum
Dec 1, 2004

Deathlove posted:

I make your leg bones.......thinner......

I would just like to say that I laughed at this one.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
How's Volk coming off in TUF? Are either of them likeable?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Scapegoat posted:

Might be my own anti-Ortega biases, but Brian seems like a dink and Volko seems pretty good. The story about the car prank, if true, is ridiculous from Ortega.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

also islam is #5 now

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Has Weidman hinted at if he's retiring?

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

He's going to rematch Silva in like 3 years time

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

LobsterMobster posted:

Might be my own anti-Ortega biases, but Brian seems like a dink and Volko seems pretty good. The story about the car prank, if true, is ridiculous from Ortega.

I've got pretty much the same impression and i wasn't even biased against Ortega

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
That Conor impression is perfect and that clip of Dana is wild. He had such a differently sized head back then.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

Dana and the UFC did that Miles guy so dirty. I'm assuming that Dr. was in the UFC's pocket because no normal state commission would have cleared him to fight.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Cyber Dog posted:

Dana and the UFC did that Miles guy so dirty. I'm assuming that Dr. was in the UFC's pocket because no normal state commission would have cleared him to fight.

His chyron came up as "UFC chief physician", so yuuuuuuup

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

also, check out Dustin on the latest episode of Teddy Atlas's podcast, it is p good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYRnh5tXdOQ

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

EthanSteele posted:

that clip of Dana is wild. He had such a differently sized head back then.

it is bizarre like how do you inflate your head

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

Quantum of Phallus posted:

it is bizarre like how do you inflate your head

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

:iiam:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Dana just de-leveled his class

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/mma_kings/status/1418383909415497736?s=21

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

:thembeans:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Got those movement coaching ads again. No affiliation with Ido Portal, but seems like the same philosophy and apparently the same market:

One of their models even has a man bun

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.
Hoping Chiasson pulled out and Ladd is fine. It would be good for Ladd to get a win streak and some hype rolling again.

Nothing But Hate
Oct 7, 2006
When night falls, she covers the world, in impenetrable darkness

Screama posted:

Hoping Chiasson pulled out and Ladd is fine. It would be good for Ladd to get a win streak and some hype rolling again.

Good news then! Ladd is fine and fishing for a fight with Tate on Instagram apparently

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Bluedeanie posted:

Dana just de-leveled his class

What?

kimbo305 posted:

Got those movement coaching ads again. No affiliation with Ido Portal, but seems like the same philosophy and apparently the same market:

One of their models even has a man bun

What?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

You missed the touch butt in the park era
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdQDMGNSKQs

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

kimbo305 posted:

You missed the touch butt in the park era
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdQDMGNSKQs

Hahahaha okay, you know I've seen the Diaz press conference clip but not basically anything else in that video, that's some great context.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

In the original Final Fantasy, you get the rat's tail and take it to the dragon king to upgrade your class. You change from warrior -> knight, mage -> wizard, etc. The sprites for your characters change as well. The upgraded sprites have smaller heads. Dana went from little head to big head, hence he was deleveling.

*chases you with a pool noodle*

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Scapegoat posted:

Volk has come off as kind of lacking personality but basically a fine coach. He's maybe too normal to be super entertaining in this format

Ortega has come off like a douchebag

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

G-Hawk posted:

Volk has come off as kind of lacking personality but basically a fine coach. He's maybe too normal to be super entertaining in this format

Ortega has come off like a douchebag

Yeah, I was rooting for team Ortega the first couple episodes (possibly just because I think Max won the Volk rematch) but he's come off as genuinely lovely beyond the made-for-TV drama moments. Both him and Dana attacking Miles' warrior spirit for not fighting on a torn MCL felt extremely 2005 to me

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Does anyone know if the producers of TUF instruct the coaches to "ham it up more" to make more compelling shows? It seems like every season has a "good person coach" and a "bad person coach". I haven't watched in years, but it almost felt like watching WWE with a face and a heel.

"DO YOU WANT TO BE A loving ACTOR???"

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Kragger99 posted:

Does anyone know if the producers of TUF instruct the coaches to "ham it up more" to make more compelling shows? It seems like every season has a "good person coach" and a "bad person coach". I haven't watched in years, but it almost felt like watching WWE with a face and a heel.

"DO YOU WANT TO BE A loving ACTOR???"

i don't know for sure, but i remember chael having to pull wanderlei aside to explain to him that he was just acting like a heel to inject some drama into the situation and to not take it personally. so probably not unless wandy didn't get the memo.

the doors made out of sawdust and eyelashes seem suspicious though

mewse
May 2, 2006

There were seasons like Rampage/Rashad where both coaches come out looking like douchebags. I think the drama is just the magic of editing

e: the guy who created the show, Craig Piligian, also created dirty jobs and american chopper - his production company is well versed in reality tv

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junie_Browning

this guy was the ultimate ultimate fighter heel

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Who was that guy who got really drunk and started berating one of the other guys in the house over his child custody problems? Man I hope that guy didn't go on a 15-1 run with an interim championship or anything like that.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

mewse posted:

e: the guy who created the show, Craig Piligian, also created dirty jobs and american chopper - his production company is well versed in reality tv
lol of course. Surprised they don't have Mike Rowe on to make the fighters sign his lovely pledge.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Hollandia posted:

lol of course. Surprised they don't have Mike Rowe on to make the fighters sign his lovely pledge.

Rowe did narration work for some of the early seasons on Spike

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

e: jokes

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

CommonShore posted:

Who was that guy who got really drunk and started berating one of the other guys in the house over his child custody problems? Man I hope that guy didn't go on a 15-1 run with an interim championship or anything like that.

lmao just from the record I thought you were talking about Colby, but looks like that's not the case. Yeah I have no idea, hmm.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

If anyone besides me cares, Michael Bisping started* a youtube channel this week. I love this dude so I instantly subbed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YK8E2_X5LY

*he said he started the channel almost a decade ago abut only started using it this month

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Brut posted:

lmao just from the record I thought you were talking about Colby, but looks like that's not the case. Yeah I have no idea, hmm.

talkin bout the chimney man's best friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

LobsterMobster posted:

talkin bout the chimney man's best friend

Oh yeah, I forgot they gave him the title for beating Kevin Lee :psyduck: