Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Yossarian-22 posted:

so when un estimates say that we have the capacity to feed tens of billions how does that mesh with your view of the world pnac

pretty cool if true but i don't trust em any further than i can throw em and cannot throw them at all. i would wonder who was giving me those numbers and what conditions were required to make em happen and all that stuff and just not trust them because i can't look them in the eye or share food with them and liberate something to eat from the local safeway instead because that's a thing i can actually do

Rutibex posted:

i don't think anyone has the actual ability to shut down the internet. i mean yes there are people would could order the big data lines cut or whatever, but how long could they maintain social order after doing that?

it's called "dhs standard operating procedure 303", it's pretty lame that it's not #404, and i linked a whole thing on it earlier. the only reason the whole thing has never been shut down at once is like... why would it be

Sedisp posted:

This is an appeal to authority statist and also the best society is bees

this guy gets it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

pnac attack posted:

it's called "dhs standard operating procedure 303", it's pretty lame that it's not #404, and i linked a whole thing on it earlier. the only reason the whole thing has never been shut down at once is like... why would it be

yes obviously they have a procedure for turning it off short term. but do they have a procedure for making all of their institutions and systems work without the internet?

capitalism cant function if the internet was just turned off at this point

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

What if everyone just, like, made their own internet?

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

pnac attack posted:

pretty cool if true but i don't trust em any further than i can throw em and cannot throw them at all

the possibility that the globalists are lying means 6.2 billion people who mostly don't contribute to ghg emissions will have to die. an 80% reduction in the population of poor people across the world will mean greater success in the global anarchist revolution against capital and the state to come when the rich hide out in their bunkers and domed/gated communities. all of this makes a lot of sense

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Larry Parrish posted:

I'd like to point out that the internet or at least the modern web is pretty centralized and it's because the US government owns and operates the 20 something root DNS servers, of which even stuff like GoogleDNS are just mirrors of. it would be survivable because there are mirrors and stuff but you could probably shut the internet down for at least a little while by just cutting some power in DC

yeah it does let them poison the poo poo out of sites they don't like in theory but no it wouldn't, dns implementations cache, it's why when stuff moves around on the internet it can be a while before everyone can find things at the new place. it would be a problem over time because then you need some mechanism so the internet doesn't split, my google.com not being your google.com

the centralization w.r.t. to dns really about who ultimately is who is the point of trust for name allocation, who does record keeping for tlds (com,edu) rather than hardware. there have been rumblings from the eu for a while that they do not want that to be tied to the dying corpse that is the us empire and they could force the issue without the US being able to do poo poo about it, at least on a technical level

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

pnac attack posted:

you are what you eat

i had to pull up a track list but sink florida sink off vol1 and unity off vol2

Yes for vol 1, wrong for vol2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYVlWgCV1Ko

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

TIL that Fat Mike of NOFX refused to put an anti-Soros song by Propagandhi on Rock Against Bush because he was funding moveon.org at the time. Anarcho-punks always become libs

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Yossarian-22 posted:

TIL that Fat Mike of NOFX refused to put an anti-Soros song by Propagandhi on Rock Against Bush because he was funding moveon.org at the time. Anarcho-punks always become libs

He has owned a record label since 1990, he wasn't even political before Bush lmao

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

turns out the anarchist objection to eco-stalinism is that it doesn't genocide enough of the third world

be guided by love indeed lmfao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im sorry but if you're old enough to have even listened to those albums it's time to say goodbye. Zoomer gang

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

im sorry but if you're old enough to have even listened to those albums it's time to say goodbye. Zoomer gang

it's like somebody posting a jam band song, tells you all you need to know

anyway "punk" has always had extremely strong chud and reactionary currents. It's basically the same kind of breeding ground for psychotic racism that ska is. Some are good but the only real genre that is "land of contrasts" where there is as much good as bad is heavy metal

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

xtal posted:

That's the best part. Wiki says a "communist society is characterized by common ownership of the means of production with free access to the articles of consumption and is classless and stateless, implying the end of the exploitation of labour."

So as far as being stateless, communists and anarchists agree. The issue is with the vanguard party and how power tends to corrupt anyone who touches it. There hasn't been a fully realized communist state yet because they all end up indulging in power once they have it.

You should reject anyone who wants power, they're the least deserving of it

first, , no one knows what you are talking about with this classless stateless bullshit. It doesn’t mean anything, it’s a Negation it doesn’t describe anything content wise or meaningful to people’s lives.

Second, please stop quoting some pro slavery British inbred aristocrat about power corrupting poo poo. Power doesn’t corrupt, it uplifts. A lack of power creates weak clown like losers who knowing they cannot influence anything, turn to graft and personal gain.

Third, you can’t not exploit labor. What the gently caress does that even mean? You want to fart out commodities? Create them through osmosis? Exploitation is not a moralistic term, it’s the intensity of labor

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol. i guess he literally is an anarcho capitalist.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Literally the Kruschchev corn man but even more bureaucratic ineffective and convoluted

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

it's like somebody posting a jam band song, tells you all you need to know

anyway "punk" has always had extremely strong chud and reactionary currents. It's basically the same kind of breeding ground for psychotic racism that ska is. Some are good but the only real genre that is "land of contrasts" where there is as much good as bad is heavy metal

White supremacists have been using metal and punk circles as recruiting grounds for decades because they're filled with young white males adults looking for extreme counterculture. It's worse in the metal scene because instead of trying to address the problem, people just shrug their shoulders and call it "a land of contrasts".

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I like metal

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Metal is great but lmao if someone is trying to say the metal scene has less white supremacists than punk

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Monsters are everywhere, in every industry, in every venue. Sometimes it's the lead singer, sometimes it's Audio Technician 34.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Metal is very casually accepting of nazis, like the burzum nazi guy never made anything that doesn't suck but people feel free to wear burzum shirts to metal shows. Black metal in general is chock full of nazis and lots of bands that include a lot of references to nazis for "shock value" but it turns out the bands are just nazis. Most nazi metal is black metal or folk metal, which mostly sucks and is boring almost deliberately. There's thrash nazis too, like pantera and slayer, which is unfortunate because reign in blood is one of my favorite albums.
The punk nazis started in the 80s because hardcore drew in suburbanites who just wanted anonymous violence at shows and because they were suburbanites they were racist and easy pickings for nazis to recruit. At least with punk most bands and crowds will call out nazis and beat the poo poo out of them or throw them out of a venue.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Lupus

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

pnac attack posted:

pretty cool if true but i don't trust em any further than i can throw em and cannot throw them at all. i would wonder who was giving me those numbers and what conditions were required to make em happen and all that stuff and just not trust them because i can't look them in the eye or share food with them and liberate something to eat from the local safeway instead because that's a thing i can actually do

Why in the world would they lie about having a higher capacity? I get that your brain is a structured heirarchy but for fucks same use it just this once.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Hatebag posted:

Metal is very casually accepting of nazis, like the burzum nazi guy never made anything that doesn't suck but people feel free to wear burzum shirts to metal shows. Black metal in general is chock full of nazis and lots of bands that include a lot of references to nazis for "shock value" but it turns out the bands are just nazis. Most nazi metal is black metal or folk metal, which mostly sucks and is boring almost deliberately. There's thrash nazis too, like pantera and slayer, which is unfortunate because reign in blood is one of my favorite albums.
The punk nazis started in the 80s because hardcore drew in suburbanites who just wanted anonymous violence at shows and because they were suburbanites they were racist and easy pickings for nazis to recruit. At least with punk most bands and crowds will call out nazis and beat the poo poo out of them or throw them out of a venue.

pantera aren't nazis, phil anselmo did shout out "white power" during "a new level" a couple of times in the late 90s/early 00s but that's more heroin-and-alcholo-addiction-fueled stupidity than nazism
slayer aren't nazis either, iirc jeff hanneman was a ww2 history buff or whatever it's called and he wrote the ww2 themed songs
this doesn't mean some of them aren't probably conservative but nazi is a different thing
I mean, lemmy collected ww2 memorabilia, is he a nazi

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Doctor Jeep posted:

pantera aren't nazis, phil anselmo did shout out "white power" during "a new level" a couple of times in the late 90s/early 00s but that's more heroin-and-alcholo-addiction-fueled stupidity than nazism
slayer aren't nazis either, iirc jeff hanneman was a ww2 history buff or whatever it's called and he wrote the ww2 themed songs
this doesn't mean some of them aren't probably conservative but nazi is a different thing
I mean, lemmy collected ww2 memorabilia, is he a nazi

Problematic faves?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Doctor Jeep posted:

I mean, lemmy collected ww2 memorabilia, isl he a nazi

Pantera guy also draped everything in confederate flags for decades and has repeatedly made racist statements. Maybe not a nazi per se but definitely a racist piece of poo poo.
Slayer had a song "behind the crooked cross" which is literally nazi sympathy and they covered guilty of being white and changed the last line to guilty of being right! Lol. Also they draped themselves in nazi poo poo and Araya was posting trump poo poo a few years ago
Anyway here's hanneman

Lemmy's cool he just liked knives and hats

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

ok grandad *fires up 80s synth playlist*

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

guily of being white is a stupid racist song all on its own and ian mackaye is a lovely narcissistic halfwit

LittleBlackCloud
Mar 5, 2007
xXI love Plum JuiceXx

Hatebag posted:

guily of being white is a stupid racist song all on its own and ian mackaye is a lovely narcissistic halfwit

it's a stupid song written by a child?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

That child did a lovely job and he can go to hell!

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Hatebag posted:

Pantera guy also draped everything in confederate flags for decades and has repeatedly made racist statements. Maybe not a nazi per se but definitely a racist piece of poo poo.
Slayer had a song "behind the crooked cross" which is literally nazi sympathy and they covered guilty of being white and changed the last line to guilty of being right! Lol. Also they draped themselves in nazi poo poo and Araya was posting trump poo poo a few years ago
Anyway here's hanneman

Lemmy's cool he just liked knives and hats

Honestly, all of this sounds more like edgelord type "look at me!!!" poo poo than actual political views.
Except for Anselmo, because he does have a history of comments and actions which to me is a bit different than a song from the POV of a Nazi (then Cross of Iron is a Nazi movie) and nazi salutes which are universally seen in Europe and America as the edgiest of edges. Remember that one English royal who went to a costume party as a Nazi? It's dumb shock value.
But I don't want to spend any more time defending these idiots, it isn't remotely pleasant.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

The British royals are Nazis.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

theres a strong and growing leftist metal scene now which is nice. punk has had crust forever which is typically very lefty (except that chud from Amebix he sucks).

whats more problematic than overt nazi metal are crypto groups that get mainstream attention even though their singer is a nazi pedophile and it's just kind of shrugged off

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Doctor Jeep posted:

Honestly, all of this sounds more like edgelord type "look at me!!!" poo poo than actual political views.
Except for Anselmo, because he does have a history of comments and actions which to me is a bit different than a song from the POV of a Nazi (then Cross of Iron is a Nazi movie) and nazi salutes which are universally seen in Europe and America as the edgiest of edges. Remember that one English royal who went to a costume party as a Nazi? It's dumb shock value.
But I don't want to spend any more time defending these idiots, it isn't remotely pleasant.

To me, "shock value" racist stuff is about the same as "ironic" racism, because it invariably turns out that the person "pretending" to be a racist is actually a racist.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Hatebag posted:

To me, "shock value" racist stuff is about the same as "ironic" racism, because it invariably turns out that the person "pretending" to be a racist is actually a racist.

What if you're Mel Brooks or Cumtown, or Felix Biederman

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

What if you're Mel Brooks or Cumtown, or Felix Biederman

Well mel brooks is funny but he doesn't really do ironic racism. Usually it's just a racist character that is shown to be an idiot and falls into a pile of poo poo or whatever. Not the same as a guy putting on a nazi hat and asking if you're triggered. As far as i know the chapo guy just does material about jews and he's jewish so that seems fine. Cumtown is boring and annoying. I listened to like 5 minutes of it years ago and it's just dogshit. If you're saying they're racist I'll take your word for it

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The thing with Mel Brooks is that he was a master of parody, but parody is a dead genre that we as a culture have not gotten around to admitting to, so the mind attempts to link it to the modern culture and struggles because there just isn't anything there to connect back. Brooks himself has fallen victim to this, declaring that he couldn't release Blazing Saddles today like 6 months after Django Unchained won a bunch of awards

It's unfortunate but it's true, and we as a society need to pay our respects at the grave of the genre by slipping on a banana peel in front of it and doing a comedy pratfall into an open casket

The other stuff is irrelevant because who the gently caress cares about podcasts. There's Joe Rogan, probably some home improvement one boomers gravitate toward, and a bunch of nobodys

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hatebag posted:

Well mel brooks is funny but he doesn't really do ironic racism. Usually it's just a racist character that is shown to be an idiot and falls into a pile of poo poo or whatever. Not the same as a guy putting on a nazi hat and asking if you're triggered. As far as i know the chapo guy just does material about jews and he's jewish so that seems fine. Cumtown is boring and annoying. I listened to like 5 minutes of it years ago and it's just dogshit. If you're saying they're racist I'll take your word for it

oh, so you're just an idiot. got it

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

oh, so you're just an idiot. got it

Attaching your ego to a podcast is extremely smart and cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hatebag posted: