Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

jesus WEP posted:

WOR and B&V have a 90 minute limit that Bryan tries to impose, apparently because whatever lovely platform he hosts his stuff on can’t handle files larger than that

He also philosophically believes that podcasts shouldn't be longer than 90 minutes, which is a good rule to follow.

https://twitter.com/MithGifs/status/1417534518001422345

Just thinking about Bryan saying that despite having a beautiful family that he loves, Kevin Owens is determined to die in the ring. A decade ago he was thinking of retiring due to his injuries....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

NikkolasKing posted:

So Bryan mentioned YT chat during the latest show, do they do live videos of their Tuesday shows if you subscribe to their YT channel?

I might pay for that.

It's $10 on YT, I don't remember if they stream them on Twitch too but that's cheaper. Be warned, the videos are not very easy to find and the mobile YT app does not do background play even if you pay for YT Premium, at least on iOS.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Wazzu posted:

He also philosophically believes that podcasts shouldn't be longer than 90 minutes, which is a good rule to follow.

I don’t believe it’s technical (maybe it was at one time?) or that it’s his genuine podcast philosophy. I think Bryan actually has a healthy work/life balance, and would rather see his family more than stay up another hour with Dave.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Logan Stunt notwithstanding, is there anyone Bryan faced in his last run that hasn't appeared in AEW?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Thomas Santell?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

He also faced a guy called Jody Kristofferson who seems to have retired.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

sleepwalkers posted:

It's $10 on YT, I don't remember if they stream them on Twitch too but that's cheaper. Be warned, the videos are not very easy to find and the mobile YT app does not do background play even if you pay for YT Premium, at least on iOS.

Gotcha, thanks

I mainly only subscribe to F4W to re-listen to old B&V stuff like the Retro shows every now and then. I could theoretically just download all of them but goddamn that would take a while.

The only new content I follow is B&V&C, whether it's Retro or the documentaries, etc.,, and maybe once in a while I'll listen to WOR for Dave talking about something I care about.

So maybe I'll bite the bullet and just download all the Retro shows and then switch over to YT.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The opening to that discussion about the AEW rumours is as pure Dave as you can get.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gaz-L posted:

The opening to that discussion about the AEW rumours is as pure Dave as you can get.

I'm just going to imagine Trevor Dame's amazing impression of every WON now. "There are things I can say. There are things I can't say. Things are happening."

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

remember the time Dave got really mad because Bryan wanted to open the show with a recap of a particularly bad Raw, and Bryan said “So what should we open with then” and Dave said “I dunno”. Love those times where you can hear Bryan’s soul leave his body over the airwaves

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Gaz-L posted:

The first lines of the show were just so Dave

12 seconds into the show

"Rumors of CM Punk and Bryan Danielson Dave. What's going on that we know of" Alvarez

"Oh gosh where do you wanna start? What you wanna talk about?" Dave

"Well, CM Punk and Bryan Danielson" Alvarez

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dave having to correct himself when he says Daniel Bryan instead of Bryan Danielson is super funny but also is making me really want to believe Bryan signed

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

let me grab a...piece of...paper

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

yea ok posted:

let me grab a...piece of...paper

We've seen your office, Dave. Take a random grab in any direction and you'll have one.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Lamuella posted:

He also faced a guy called Jody Kristofferson who seems to have retired.

Son of musician and actor from the Blade movies Kris Kristofferson. He had a short run in NXT from 2012-2014.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Dave having to correct himself when he says Daniel Bryan instead of Bryan Danielson is super funny but also is making me really want to believe Bryan signed

I'm fairly certain at some point he actually gave up with the different names and just called him Daniel Bryan Danielson.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Bryan pressing Dave on what Tony's announcement could be got a smile from me.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Bryan mentioned a couple times that he's winning the prediction contest this year, anyone remember what his prediction was?

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Incessant Excess posted:

Bryan mentioned a couple times that he's winning the prediction contest this year, anyone remember what his prediction was?

Summerslam and All In would be in front of sold out crowds.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Strong disagree on Bryan and Lance's booking for the Hangman. Unless AEW want to bring Danielson and Punk in as public enemies #1, but leaves makes them poor opponents for heel Omega.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Arbite posted:

Strong disagree on Bryan and Lance's booking for the Hangman. Unless AEW want to bring Danielson and Punk in as public enemies #1, but leaves makes them poor opponents for heel Omega.

:psyduck: How are both their ideas so loving bad oh my god. Just let Hangman get the loving win.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I haven't listened yet so I don't know their ideas, but if their idea isn't "Hangman beats Omega with his friends and wins the title at All Out" I am not interested.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CVagts posted:

I haven't listened yet so I don't know their ideas, but if their idea isn't "Hangman beats Omega with his friends and wins the title at All Out" I am not interested.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

it doesn't need to be some long drawn out thing just pull the trigger when he's ready (he's ready)

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
i agree with bryan & lance in a vacuum but also think most fans would hate it as evidenced by the reactions here so they probably shouldn't do it

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The Mat Men floated the idea of someone else (Punk or Bryan) beating Omega instead of Hangman. So the F4W group has some major brain worms about this.

I trust AEW not to put their ex-WWE guys straight into the title scene as that's been the pattern so far. It's worked! Even for lukewarm programs like the initial Miro run.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

fez_machine posted:

The Mat Men floated the idea of someone else (Punk or Bryan) beating Omega instead of Hangman. So the F4W group has some major brain worms about this.

I trust AEW not to put their ex-WWE guys straight into the title scene as that's been the pattern so far. It's worked! Even for lukewarm programs like the initial Miro run.

They just seem obsessed with Shiny New Thing rather than what makes sense here.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I haven’t seen it suggested much but Punk and Bryan were a really good tag team and I could see them being the guys to get a mega babyface reaction besting the young bucks.

Then you can see them both face a lot of new guys while Punk works the rust off.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

big star tag teams can gently caress off in this promotion that has good real tag teams. except for hangman and kenny or pac and one of the lucha bros and any other good tag team like bryan danielson and cm punk. but the bad ones can gently caress off.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cavauro posted:

big star tag teams can gently caress off in this promotion that has good real tag teams. except for hangman and kenny or pac and one of the lucha bros and any other good tag team like bryan danielson and cm punk. but the bad ones can gently caress off.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hangman should beat Kenny Omega to win the AEW title, and Proud 'n' Powerful should beat The Young Bucks to win the AEW Tag Titles. I will not be taking questions at this time.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Jerusalem posted:

Hangman should beat Kenny Omega to win the AEW title, and Proud 'n' Powerful should beat The Young Bucks to win the AEW Tag Titles. I will not be taking questions at this time.

Agree 100%, but I just can't decide about who takes the TNT title: Eddie Kingston in Grand Slam, or Jungle Boy in Grand Slam?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
They’d be a cool tag team but can they coexist???

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Don't @ him!

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Jerusalem posted:

:hmmyes:

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
People like Bryan have to understand that the PTSD wrestling fans have from so many years of WWE refusing to pull the trigger on guys has taught them that if the trigger isn't pulled pretty quickly, that it will never be pulled and they may as well stop being emotionally invested. If Page doesn't win the title there's no saying whether the fans will still be as hot, let alone hotter, for it whenever they do it in the future. You can't draw it out super long, maybe you will be able to in the future.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I don’t think Page is winning this time, and in all honesty not building to a Kenny/Bryan or Kenny/Punk match seems insane to me. I will probably enjoy whatever they choose to do, as will most of you.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

When the New York show was announced I thought the Lucha Bros would be the perfect team to win the titles there. PNP might be from NY, but the Lucha Bros really tapped into a different audience when AAA ran MSG, and I thought "Wow, AEW could sell a few thousand tickets just to that untapped market."

But the show is going to sell out anyway so yeah PNP.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I guess I don't see why the title needs to be in play for Punk / Omega or Bryan / Omega, either is a gigantic show-selling match on its own

Certainly both guys could be in the title mix immediately if need be, but there's already so many stories they can tell without having to involve any belts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'd be willing to bet (not a lot, but some) that Punk would be more interested in a story that doesn't involve getting the belt or going after Hangman right away.