Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I liked Syndicate. Really liked Origins and Odyssey. Was kind burned out by the time I got to Valhalla but still enjoyed it and played the poo poo out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Tbh Ezio Collection is the only one that really matters because AC2 is still very fun to play.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
good morning to owners of the best console

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Zat posted:

Tbh Ezio Collection is the only one that really matters because AC2 is still very fun to play.

and brotherhood. shame about revelations

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
MSFS started downloading, which hopefully means no huge wait to start playing when it unlocks on Tuesday. Looks to be about 97 GB.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Toaster Beef posted:

MSFS started downloading, which hopefully means no huge wait to start playing when it unlocks on Tuesday. Looks to be about 97 GB.

That's not as bad as I was expecting size wise. Guess I'll get that pre-installed

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

The PC version's original size was cut in half to almost that much (~170 down to 83), so I expected that.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
PC is getting a performance patch that coincides with the Xbox launch that supposedly re-works multi-threading and makes a real difference.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Toaster Beef posted:

How is this gonna work on a controller? I mean maybe the PC version already has controller support somehow, but it seems like it has a ton of different controls that would translate better to a keyboard/mouse than a controller.

I haven't actually played it, I'm just basing this off some videos I've seen of the PC version.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Rageaholic posted:

How is this gonna work on a controller? I mean maybe the PC version already has controller support somehow, but it seems like it has a ton of different controls that would translate better to a keyboard/mouse than a controller.

I haven't actually played it, I'm just basing this off some videos I've seen of the PC version.

It does have gamepad support and it's a pretty bad way to play the game. I'm thinking if you're not getting a compatible HOTAS, the move is probably gamepad with a keyboard sitting next to you.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I tried it on PC with a controller a while back and it's doable, but it's rough. The plane stayed in the air but you would not want to be a passenger.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

The morning it came out I flew to my house and then flew to groverhaus with a controller and it was definitely not easy.

The game could really use one of those fold-out keyboard guides that used to come with flight sims back in the day.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
You can edit the controls on the PC version to make flying with a controller much easier. It's not at all what I'd consider a proper, challenging flight sim experience, but if your only goal is to fly places with a controller, you can make it happen.

I couldn't care less about all of the little fiddly bits. I just wanna do irresponsibly dangerous things with a tiny prop plane.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Toaster Beef posted:

You can edit the controls on the PC version to make flying with a controller much easier. It's not at all what I'd consider a proper, challenging flight sim experience, but if your only goal is to fly places with a controller, you can make it happen.

I couldn't care less about all of the little fiddly bits. I just wanna do irresponsibly dangerous things with a tiny prop plane.
:same:

I haven't played a Flight Sim game since '95, but I remember my dad and I playing that one together and having a blast crashing planes.

I'll try this one out since it's on Game Pass. I don't really need or want it to be a proper sim, so hopefully the controller mappings will be fine for me.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
crashing in at least this version of MS flight sim is extremely unsatisfying. Like the game just freezes and you get a you died screen sort of unsatisfying. I’m sure they did this so people didnt turn the game into 9/11 the simulator but there’s gotta be a better in-between.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Plane companies don't want you showing their planes explode into fireballs and break apart into a million pieces in the same way that car manufacturers won't let you show anything more than minor cosmetic damage.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
CrisTales is gorgeous, loving it’s time travel gimmick and all the JRPG references playfully scattered about. Between this one and Bug Fables, game pass is really delivering on the rpg front for me.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

American McGay posted:

Plane companies don't want you showing their planes explode into fireballs and break apart into a million pieces in the same way that car manufacturers won't let you show anything more than minor cosmetic damage.

They should let the planes explode but show the passengers perfectly safe on the ground, still buckled into their seats.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Nuts and Gum posted:

crashing in at least this version of MS flight sim is extremely unsatisfying. Like the game just freezes and you get a you died screen sort of unsatisfying. I’m sure they did this so people didnt turn the game into 9/11 the simulator but there’s gotta be a better in-between.

As long as I know that I've collided with a Trump property I'll be happy.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Is there not just a "Flight Sim Horizons" mode where it has arcade style controls?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/games/blog/meet-the-microsoft-game-developer-kit-gdk/

Now that this is available, does that mean it's a lot easier to do emulator stuff?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's already pretty trivial afaict so I don't think this should change that much

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

barnold posted:

good morning to owners of the best console

Today I played chivalry 2 (very good) and knockout city (very, very good).

Tomorrow I will probably do the same, plus bf4 (good).

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The midnight madness thing they did for KOC was really cool. Also played some 2v2 with a buddy for a few hours and it's kinda sweaty but really fun. Definitely a different feel than the standard 3v3 even if you're all squaded up.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

make Midtown Madness 3 back compat you cowards its the only one I never finished because I played them on PC.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I'm pretty sure during all the extra time for the MS flight sim console launch that they will have developed easy to use controls for a controller

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

chupacabraTERROR posted:

If you want a series x, use the hotstock app (its free). I started looking last Thursday and secured one this Monday. Hotstock is the way to go for Xbox because local targets are regularly getting stock in stores that you can buy via the target app (I used the Twitter method for PS5)

Thanks for this tip! Target never panned out despite a ton of notifications, but Best Buy popped last week and I was able to snag one which I picked up tonight.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ColdPie posted:

Thanks for this tip! Target never panned out despite a ton of notifications, but Best Buy popped last week and I was able to snag one which I picked up tonight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD94dVu8lqQ

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stelio Kontos posted:

CrisTales is gorgeous, loving it’s time travel gimmick and all the JRPG references playfully scattered about. Between this one and Bug Fables, game pass is really delivering on the rpg front for me.

Yeah its cool. The timing on the qtes is a little unclear tho.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah its cool. The timing on the qtes is a little unclear tho.

It’s definitely taking longer than expected to get the timing down in fights, I feel like the window for getting crits and parries is extremely narrow.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its just not signposted visually or with audio very well. They needed like a flash or a sound effect that was consistent across enemies

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Better cues would definitely be a plus but So far it hasn’t been a huge hindrance on the whole experience. I’m also very early in and not sure how it could affect things going on but I want to stick it out if only for how charming the game is.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I dropped Cris Tales before getting through the first actual enemy area because the encounter rate was so horrible and the pace of battles was so slow. A real shame because the intro section made me really want to like it.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

https://youtu.be/Xf6iELuLqM4

Really excited for this. Cool that they got an actual vampire to design the world.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

bushisms.txt posted:

Really excited for this. Cool that they got an actual vampire to design the world.

Looks fantastic. I like how they handled the concept of 'cover', seems very natural and FUN.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

bushisms.txt posted:

Wow this is really shaping up. It's a shame this didn't cover anything about loot/character progression which is where games like this live and die, but everything else looks brilliant.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I clicked on that video and sure the game looks neat but now I'm feeling really inadequate about my bench 1R max.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bushisms.txt posted:

I wanna play it just because this dude worked on it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I wanna play it just because this dude worked on it

when all the far cry villains fall into the teleporter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Cloud Stryfe at 36