Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Also a great replacement for Cage in Team Taz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Hoping we get a Flatbacks graduate in aew at some point via Spears connection, so we can see the goodest of hands.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

graph posted:

its prolly because it's the last slot they could get before dailys starts rebooking music shows to make up for lost time. as ex has said a bunch 'its the last time we'll be here for a long while'

It's cause they were meant to be on the road but the arena booking got rescheduled (presumably due to COVID issues) so they're going back to Daily's instead as cover

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Helicity posted:

This should strengthen his resolve to use increasingly more guerilla tactics

or, as aew is a show about friendship, he needs more friends

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Senerio posted:

Hoping we get a Flatbacks graduate in aew at some point via Spears connection, so we can see the goodest of hands.

we have cesar

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Shard posted:

I would love to see Tama Tonga in AEW. Maybe an exchange program. I doubt he'd sign though - seems to be a NJPW lifer.
I would love Guerrillas of Destiny to be out of the IWGP Tag Title scene for a while. Do a 6 month swap or something, GoD to AEW, couple of young AEW talent to New Japan to live in the Dojo & get to train with Nagata & everyone & work against guys like Tana, Okada, Ishii, Takagi, Naito in tags on a regular basis.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Kunabomber posted:

we have cesar

He's a good hand but not "trained by Breeze and Spears" level good hand.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Cezar isn't the greatest of hands, tbh.

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Guillermus posted:

I have this theory... call me crazy but I think Christopher Daniels will suddenly appear to make the Bucks lose their tag team tittle. When the whole Elite starts losing tittles it's gonna be a chaotic mess around the ring with the Elite finally being outnumbered by Dark Order, Mox, Eddie Kingston, CD, Kaz...

Let me dream about that night.

SCU/Bucks was Match of the Year for me and I desperately wanted to see more of that CD, so this is absolutely my dream way for them to drop the belts too.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/LanceHoyt/status/1418213279000711185?s=20

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Who cares about yet another washed-up WWE reject when AEW has a real star now MDK

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Don’t punch trash can lids, folks

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Endless Mike posted:

Who cares about yet another washed-up WWE reject when AEW has a real star now MDK

gang affiliated

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shard posted:

What I love about that finish is they still protected Mox - who doesn't really need it - by saying he might have gotten up if he wasn't stuck to barb wire. Which you know fair lol .

yeah totally this. cuz he was stuck, and one of the last shots you could see the skin on his shoulders pulling back lol

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
There is an amazing amount of hand wringing about how AEW has put a criminal on TV.

Then some smarter people have asked what about Jimmy Uso.

It's been a blast.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

It's cause they were meant to be on the road but the arena booking got rescheduled (presumably due to COVID issues) so they're going back to Daily's instead as cover

Oh right, they were gonna be at a college but the school needs the arena for vaccinations, right?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lid posted:

There is an amazing amount of hand wringing about how AEW has put a criminal on TV.

It's been a blast.

hahahaha of course thats gonna be the angle they go with

the vincepilled brain is truly amazing

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

what about Vince McMahon

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Didnt he literally do his time and get rehabilitated? Like isn't he a success story

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Did Gage kill Matt Cardona?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

Not yet, I don't think?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
He's paid his debt to society. he's now a model citizen
e:

Shinjobi posted:

for example

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Shinjobi posted:

Not until this weekend

https://twitter.com/FiteTV/status/1417839567089045508?s=20

https://twitter.com/thekingnickgage/status/1417690282729123843?s=20

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Shinjobi posted:

Saturday is when I assume an action figure is used as a shiv.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Nick Gage is defending the GCW World Title vs Zack Ryder saturday and then defending it again against a mystery opponent on Sunday.

edit: forgot what day it was today

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jul 22, 2021

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Lid posted:

It's been a blast.

Now now, hardly a fair comparison. I mean, it's not like WWE would put someone on TV who had been convicted of armed robbery.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
MVP is currently managing the WWE Champion

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

Nick Gage is defending the GCW World Title vs Zack Ryder tomorrow and then defending it again against a mystery opponent on Saturday.

#WHAT HAVE I BECOME/NOW THAT I'VE BETRAYED#

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I hope we get Tanga and Tama in AEW along with Hikuleo, because that means we're just one step closer to getting HAKU on AEW. There's a lot of guys who need to get Tongan Death Gripped.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Drake no: Hurt Business

Drake yes: Los Nuevo Ingobernables

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shard posted:

Didnt he literally do his time and get rehabilitated? Like isn't he a success story

sure!

but a fun thing to do with these people is that if they say he's not, then you can argue with them that the prison industrial complex doesn't work and needs to be dismantled

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Kunabomber posted:

Drake no: Hurt Business

Drake yes: Los Nuevo Ingobernables

andrade cuts a promo and debuts his new tag team, the LIJ music hits, crowd goes crazy

then bushi and sanada walk out

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

graph posted:

sure!

but a fun thing to do with these people is that if they say he's not, then you can argue with them that the prison industrial complex doesn't work and needs to be dismantled

That doesn't sound fun

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

This thread moves way too fast, but I want to post about feeling lukewarm about the pinnacle vs inner circle feud. And I am the same way, and it is because I cannot view Jericho as a face at all. It's not even some thing about his politics or anything, any time he's on TV I just ask the TV why he isn't acting like a jackass. I feel kind of bad because this guy has entertained me for decades, and plenty of the live crowd is giving him his due on this retirement tour of his, but face Jericho does absolutely nothing for me.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
When Gage came out, my wife was all," isn't that guy really crazy? what if he actually hurts Jericho." :ohdear:
And i was all, "Yeah, what if he really huts Jericho." :sickos:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gage needs to not go overboard this weekend like he did with Sadika because missing his AEW match due to only having half his blood left would be sad.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

krang from ninja turtles has signed with AEW

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
GCW about to have the best iPPV they've ever had thanks to AEW, you love to see it

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Cavauro posted:

krang from ninja turtles has signed with AEW

Had to do something about these punks...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
The fact that AEW constantly tries to elevate the business around it is astounding. Even in its founding, WWE was out to smother the industry and become top dog. The energies are inconcievably different.