Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Thunder Rosa only signed because Daniel Bryan did, Alvarez just tweeted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

Maybe that "The First Dance" thing they trademarked is some kind of big joint show with a bunch of promotions including NWA, and part of the deal was Rosa's contract. This is my wild and baseless speculation.

I think it's an actual dance. Like, ballroom and poo poo.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Today is probably not the greatest day Billy Corgan has ever known...

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This really, really shakes up the Britt title reign, too. Hopefully it ends up really exciting. I was always under the assumption that Britt would get into 'safe' feuds for the rest of the year and then drop the belt early in 2022 to a freshly signed Thunder Rosa. But now Rosa is signed and is the #1 contender. This match is happening at All Out for sure. No loving idea who wins or where Britt goes from there. Could be rad as gently caress.

Is Diamante not signed yet? she's still touring with them and she's in the game. I figured she was basically locked in one of those "almost full time" contracts.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

Depends on how big of a sack of cash landed on his desk to buy out her contract

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

MJeff posted:

Cool, maybe she'll be on TV now.

i cant really blame them for not putting rosa in long term storylines when you have the guy from smashing pumpkins putting her in "loser can't wrestle anywhere else that has a TV show on TNT" matches in the meantime

seemed inevitable but still hell yes thunder rosa rules and she was like, ridiculously over in texas even for a dark match. i wonder if they set her after britt immediately or if that takes some more time

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

shiksa posted:

i cant really blame them for not putting rosa in long term storylines when you have the guy from smashing pumpkins putting her in "loser can't wrestle anywhere else that has a TV show on TNT" matches in the meantime

seemed inevitable but still hell yes thunder rosa rules and she was like, ridiculously over in texas even for a dark match. i wonder if they set her after britt immediately or if that takes some more time

she is currently #2 in the rankings behind Nyla Rose so presumably...

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think you want to do Britt vs. Statlander at All Out, but Full Gear is a decent little reign for Britt if they want to have her drop it to Rosa there.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Thunder Rosa should win the title at.....

I guess they've already taped Dark and Elevation, so they have to put it off until Dynamite.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Thunder Rosa gives them a babyface who frees up Britt to be a full heel more instead of the tweener spot she's in.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

Tony Khan bought out the rest of her contract, Billy's got a new pool to get installed.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Great to hear about ThunderRosa, the Ws keep coming for AEW.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

It's too soon for Britt to drop it to her after their last feud imo. If they have Serena Deeb available that might be better for Britt's next feud and put Rosa in with Nyla maybe?

EDIT: When is Ruby out of her 90 days again?

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Maybe Rosa will get some decent merch now.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Alaois posted:

she is currently #2 in the rankings behind Nyla Rose so presumably...

yea i mean the natural inclination is straight in at britt. she goes to this school now too so no more excuses. id just hate for britt to lose the belt already but i suppose rosa did get the first win

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

lets fukken gooooooo

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

https://twitter.com/thunderrosa22/status/1418285135988932610

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Acaila posted:

8/31, All Out is 9/5.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Me right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azhgpelu0vY

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Davros1 posted:

I hope we get Tanga and Tama in AEW along with Hikuleo, because that means we're just one step closer to getting HAKU on AEW. There's a lot of guys who need to get Tongan Death Gripped.

the motherfucking monster meng back on tnt called by tony schiavone you fuckin love to see it.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Acaila posted:

It's too soon for Britt to drop it to her after their last feud imo. If they have Serena Deeb available that might be better for Britt's next feud and put Rosa in with Nyla maybe?

Right before the Chicago week shows, I think. Definitely by All Out.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

We got her, folks :unsmith:

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Ganso Bomb posted:

Nah, too soon. Rosa needs to be the one to beat Britt for the belt but it'd feel rushed, IMO, to take the belt off of her so soon.

Britt is most certainly winning the rematch.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Britt could beat Rosa in the early reign rematch, then do like Serena Deeb transitional champ run for a couple months and then send Rosa at her like a nuclear missile

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

fuckin' finally, good

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

karmicknight posted:

Tony Khan bought out the rest of her contract, Billy's got a new pool to get installed.

lol her contract probably wouldn't even pay for the ladder

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

yea ok posted:

theres a lot of stuff every episode that i dont like. either due to my weird standards or just personal taste. but it’s so much more fun to post about what i like and enjoy about it so thats why i dont really worry about the bad crap

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

I forgot it was an NWA contract.

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Britt doesn't need to do a whole lot between now and All Out then. Have a match (or two) on the Pittsburgh shows but they'll be fairly obvious that she's going over. Maybe a commentary bit on the show before All Out during a women's match to hype it up, and a couple more interview type segments. With how good AEW is at cycling people in and out, she only really needs maybe 3 appearances on Dynamite between now and All Out.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1418285265773342724?s=20

A lot classier than "Wish them well in their future endeavors."

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I would simply have Britt beat Rosa (to counter balance the massive babyface pop that Adam beating Kenny will get) and have one of the extremely talented joshis in the roster win late in the year, maybe Ryo Mizunami depending on pops. Rosa can elevate the belt for sure, but right now the division itself needs more clarity, and Rosa not being in the title picture and instead having storylines with Deeb or Yuka or Penelope or Statlander or Diamante etc is more important.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

yea ok posted:

theres a lot of stuff every episode that i dont like. either due to my weird standards or just personal taste. but it’s so much more fun to post about what i like and enjoy about it so thats why i dont really worry about the bad crap

Gets it.

I wanna use my energy to get worked up about stuff I like, everything else I have a fast forward button for.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

IcePhoenix posted:

probably not, but what Billy wants to let her walk away from it, hoo boy.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

thank you all yes i am extremely smart

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Bryan jumping and Punk coming out of retirement in AEW is the kind of fantasy booking I would have done my first year posting here when I was still a wide-eyed idiot who didn't know anything about wrestling's behind the scenes I didn't learn from a WWE funded documentary. What a crazy world.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Thunder Rosa is also super loving over so I would have no problems having her take the title off Britt straight out. "Fiery babyface takes out her longtime rival" is the sort of straightforward-but-solid storytelling the women's division could use right now, and it lets the audience know Thunder Rosa is officially a foundational piece for the show after a year spent in technically-unsigned limbo.

If you wanted to push things past All Out, I feel like I would rather have Britt interfere to cost Thunder Rosa a #1 contender match or something else to duck her rather than having Britt beat Rosa head to head. Rosa having Britt's number is a great dynamic and I think it'd muddy things to reset their record to 1-1 (technically 0-1, but you know)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MorningMoon posted:

Rosa not being in the title picture and instead having storylines with Deeb or Yuka or Penelope or Statlander or Diamante etc is more important.

You think there can be women's storylines outside the title picture, cute :)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sanguinia posted:

Bryan jumping and Punk coming out of retirement in AEW is the kind of fantasy booking I would have done my first year posting here when I was still a wide-eyed idiot who didn't know anything about wrestling's behind the scenes I didn't learn from a WWE funded documentary. What a crazy world.

AEW is just Tony Khan's TEW save file and we're living in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

gently caress it, I changed my mind. Thunder Rosa rules, put the belt on her at All Out. Make it a cage match or something and make sure it's double sanctioned so the win matters this time.