Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Can Britt tell her that she doesn't belong in AEW? Anyways:

gently caress YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s quid pro quo with NWA, now they’re going to bring in Aldis and nobody will ever watch dynamite ever again

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Tony Khan is any of us but a billionaire

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Personally I want Britt and Rosa to be doing different things because that increases the chance of getting two (2) women's division stories on Dynamite in the same week.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s quid pro quo with NWA, now they’re going to bring in Aldis and nobody will ever watch dynamite ever again

:blastu:

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHOCTKBMHVw

tony khan hosed up with this one

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I dont think Britt should beat Rosa unless there's a ton of bullshit involved.

I'd rather she flat out didn't. Duck Rosa or throw others at her if you wanna draw it out.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Let's be real: Tony has paid more for the rights for individual songs than five years of what Billy pays his wrestlers costs. In total.

But also Rosa rules so this rules.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Thunder Rosa is one of the best wrestlers out there, I’m so glad this finally happened.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Rarity posted:

You think there can be women's storylines outside the title picture, cute :)

D-diamante and Swole are having a feud in Dark. M-maybe there'll be time for women storylines on tv at Rampage.

Maybe. :ohdear:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

MorningMoon posted:

I would simply have Britt beat Rosa (to counter balance the massive babyface pop that Adam beating Kenny will get)
...why do you think people would not cheer britt beating rosa

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Judging from the reaction Britt’s now de facto baby face.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

MorningMoon posted:

D-diamante and Swole are having a feud in Dark. M-maybe there'll be time for women storylines on tv at Rampage.

Maybe. :ohdear:

There's been some buzz that the women's division is excited about Rampage for that very reason, so I'm allowing myself some cautious optimism.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
congratulations to Thunder Rosa for being around to entertain me more often

congratulations to Jimmy Lloyd who has now technically appeared on both WWE and AEW programming this year

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Billy gave Tony Thunder Rosa for free, but five guys on the roster are about to get Smashing Pumpkins theme songs...

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
God and Country for Ogogo, Bullet With Butterfly Wings for Christian, some Zwan song for Shawn Spears, Bleeding the Orchid for Sammy Guevara, and Doomsday Clock for Wardlow.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

karmicknight posted:

Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go for Ogogo

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 43 minutes!
I want Britt to lose her mind over Rosa being signed and flipping out that now she can't claim to be the biggest thing in the division and she can't say Rosa doesn't belong. God that's gonna be a great feud.

BTW: Nyla's wife is great

https://twitter.com/kelthecelt/status/1418279650258735107

Shard fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jul 22, 2021

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Yaya posted:

TK threw enough money at Corgan that he finally caved, huh

“I’ve got roller coaster tickets all weekend!”

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

cams posted:

...why do you think people would not cheer britt beating rosa

I think they could very easily solidify Britt as a heel in a Rosa feud. People love Rosa and while they also love Britt, I feel like the AEW fans are more apt to play along and boo Britt if it fits the narrative more. Britt/Nyla was heel/heel so someone had to be the face at some point.

I'm sure whoever wins will get cheers in the moment despite whoever winds up heel/face in the feud.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
I just watched an old Austin clip and remembered how there used to be a ton of signs in the crowd. Does AEW limit the amount of signs allowed or do fans just not bring as many?

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Britt first rose to superstardom like, 2 months ago. They can milk her title reign for a long time before it gets stale.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Wow, turns out nobody can make "I'm going to sit in the corner, by myself" sound cool or intimidating. You should go over and say hi Nick! I bet everyone's really friendly!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Stealth Tiger posted:

Britt first rose to superstardom like, 2 months ago. They can milk her title reign for a long time before it gets stale.

Yeah she should have a long run. She’s over as gently caress and a good draw and I don’t even know who should beat her yet (though Rosa’s a very strong candidate, let them circle each other for a while.)

But then this company hasn’t had a short run of any title yet. Can’t point to anyone I’d call transitional.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I wonder if the references to gold in the Andrade segment last night are a teaser for the long-rumoured trios titles? Maybe Andrade gets some back up and the titles are introduced for this feud.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Young Orc

Guillermus posted:

PRO WRESTLING

Sports entertainment?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I wonder if the references to gold in the Andrade segment last night are a teaser for the long-rumoured trios titles? Maybe Andrade gets some back up and the titles are introduced for this feud.

That'd be a good way to codify the titles under "Lucha Rules" too.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

But then this company hasn’t had a short run of any title yet. Can’t point to anyone I’d call transitional.

Brodie Lee

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Andrade, CM Punk and Bryan Danielson first trios champs

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Is it transitional if it goes back on the same person who lost it in the first place?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

CopywrightMMXI posted:

He was talking to the Lucha Bros alone to try and split them off PAC, so not necessarily. But AEW could definitely handle a Trios championship (especially w/ Rampage coming).

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Andrade, Rush and Hiromu

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shard posted:

I just watched an old Austin clip and remembered how there used to be a ton of signs in the crowd. Does AEW limit the amount of signs allowed or do fans just not bring as many?

Signs were just a bigger part of fan culture in the 90s. Like if you look at a Back Street Boys concert they were loving everywhere

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Young Orc
THUN

DER

RO

SA

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Rarity posted:

Signs were just a bigger part of fan culture in the 90s. Like if you look at a Back Street Boys concert they were loving everywhere

Signs really peaked in cultural significance in 2002.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Sir Tonk posted:

THUN

DER

RO

SA

:hmmyes:

The Last Call