Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
No it's just mirrored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Cthulu Carl posted:

This has to be reversed, and dude started on the roof, right?

no that's spider-man

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Cthulu Carl posted:

This has to be reversed, and dude started on the roof, right?

Of course not, that's ridiculous

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
No, they just CGed out the wires

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

"Hey, you guys got any snacks up here?"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

I'm still hitting the blunt dude, wait your turn

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Heeeere’s Bronzey!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
"If you see the Buddha on the road, don't let him backseat drive"

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

“In the name of the Goddess Hylia, I bestow upon you this Spirit Orb.”

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Truk Fuc'leng Shrine

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Make me one with the truck

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

You got any games on your phone?

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

fuckingtest posted:

When you mentioned "aluminum foundry" and "Norway" I thought this was going to end with your family using excess heat from the process to heat their sauna.

That's more of a Finland thing. :)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i love this machine so much. it's adorable

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

i love this machine so much. it's adorable

I'm not sure the point of what it's doing, but drat if it isn't doing the heck out of it.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Man, Street Fighter's graphics are getting really good.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 22, 2021

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Sankara posted:

I'm not sure the point of what it's doing, but drat if it isn't doing the heck out of it.

It looks like it's flattening the dirt underneath it

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

There has to be a better way

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

That reminds me, I have an appointment at 4pm

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Who ordered a rocky road?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Extra money in the ppe/equipment budget, what's some useful stuff that gets overlooked/not thought of?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/HGyF0IU.mp4

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Scholtz posted:

Extra money in the ppe/equipment budget, what's some useful stuff that gets overlooked/not thought of?

Stepladders, maybe. People are very easily tempted by wheeled carts and the like if they don't immediately spot a stepladder within five feet(and sometimes even then), or tempted to climb up shelving units(or whatever local storage solutions you have).

You could probably also always use another first aid/eyewash station or two.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

The Harry Potter theme played automatically in my head.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Scholtz posted:

No matter how many overhead dome mirrors you have, there are never enough overhead dome mirrors. Cover those blind corners!

Seconding the stepladder suggestion, and store them near the fire extinguishers (on the red building pillars if possible) so everyone knows where to look for them.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 22, 2021

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

PurpleXVI posted:

You could probably also always use another first aid/eyewash station or two.

Yeah or even if you have the first aid is it like the most cheap poo poo where a basic bandage won't even stay on 5 minutes? Possiblity upgrade your stash to higher quality. Also probably all your first aid stuff is expired. Consider what are your jobs medical risks and do you have appropriate first aid for those risks?

Oh do you have an AED on site?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Do you have to spend it on equipment? Training might be more fruitful depending on how many workers have first aid training. Elimination of hazards would be even more fruitful.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Oh yeah this is a pretty up to date facility so just about everything is already covered/updated. For perspective, there's an EHS team here, not just a couple people.

Good ideas so far, though. One thing that I've suggested is some pairs of "one size fits most" scrubs for if someone has to rip off their clothing or (god forbid) use an emergency shower due to a spill in a lab or something.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
You should get some respirators to protect against the grave danger that will remain present in most workplaces for the foreseeable future.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

They need to stop giving ghost chilis to the squirrels

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I worked at a pharmaceutical manufacturer who didn't stock band-aids of any kind in the building to avoid latex contamination but didn't have a back-up plan for if someone cut themselves aside from telling us "Please don't get blood on the IV bags we're shipping directly to hospital operating rooms." (This ended up happening a few times).

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I worked at a pharmaceutical manufacturer who didn't stock band-aids of any kind in the building to avoid latex contamination but didn't have a back-up plan for if someone cut themselves aside from telling us "Please don't get blood on the IV bags we're shipping directly to hospital operating rooms." (This ended up happening a few times).

What is the backup plan if you absolutely can't risk using glue? Tying on a cotton pad with some silk thread?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

:wtf: it’s not hard to find latex‐free adhesive bandages.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Platystemon posted:

:wtf: it’s not hard to find latex‐free adhesive bandages.

If the downside to accidental latex contamination is "recall everything, lose millions, hope nobody dies", a no-bandaid policy may feel like a safer route than worrying that someone will bring a pack from home or order the wrong replacements.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

If you want to know how things worked out let me just say that these three guys were my bosses there.

Ornamental Dingbat fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jul 22, 2021

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

If you want to know [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_Compounding_Center#:~:text=The%20company%20became%20the%20center,with%20fungi%20to%2023%20states.]how things worked[/url] out let me just say that these three guys were my bosses there.

woah this dude looks like he's out of that primus video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Computer viking posted:

If the downside to accidental latex contamination is "recall everything, lose millions, hope nobody dies", a no-bandaid policy may feel like a safer route than worrying that someone will bring a pack from home or order the wrong replacements.

It’s a false sense of security.

Management is encouraging bandage smuggling by not providing a safe alternative. I don’t mean that coworkers will exchange brown paper sacks in the breakroom, but they’re going to wear them into the facility and not get caught.

But there will be no latex contamination traceable to the facility, so that’s mission accomplished for the bean counters.