Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
the rating popped because HOOK was on screen during Team Taz's promo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Chavo = ratings

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/1418225325088014346?s=20

Matt is too good

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It was Alex Abrahantes. Penta Says is over.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

NUM BER

RO SA

YEEEEEAAAAAAAH

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Yaya posted:

Dynamite hasn't done under a million since they put Wheeler Yuta on TV

steel drum boy.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

MJeff posted:

It was Alex Abrahantes. Penta Says is over.

That whole Death Triangle/Andrade segment was my favorite of the night, by so much. I love so much about the wrestlers and where this could be going.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think the ratings were high on account of an ongoing stretch of good shows with compelling storylines, crowds returning to wrestling events, recent debuts creating a sense of "must-see TV" and pre-show rumors of very famous wrestlers signing with the company, among other factors.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
That’s a big loving number

AEW is going over, BABBBBYYYY

cams
Mar 28, 2003

xbilkis posted:

I think the ratings were high on account of an ongoing stretch of good shows with compelling storylines, crowds returning to wrestling events, recent debuts creating a sense of "must-see TV" and pre-show rumors of very famous wrestlers signing with the company, among other factors.

no it was wheeler yuta

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

cams posted:

no it was wheeler yuta

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

xbilkis posted:

but twitter is telling me the numbers were high because of rumours for CM Punk and Daniel Bryan

(also make sure to note that Daniel Bryan and Punk are ex-WWE stars and also over the hill and they don't matter)

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

every week more and more people tune in, hoping this will be the week wheeler yuta plays steel drums on tnt. when they finally pull the trigger they'll break 2 mil easy

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I legitimately don't understand why people watch WWE when AEW is right there. Last night's dynamite was just OK to me but it still blows the door off anything WWE has done in forever. The worst Dynamite is still a 3/5 show that advances good stories.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the name on the contract says "Bryan"...

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

THE TEXARKANA CHAMPIONSHIP IS COMING HOME, BABY!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Bryan Alvarez doing matches in AEW is something that needs to happen eventually.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Dynamite is finally gonna beat Raw and Smackdown in the same week when we get an Orange Cassidy vs Bryan Danielson 60 minute iron man match

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

xbilkis posted:

Stop fencesitting, the Yuta vs. Abrahantes war has already started.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

They have Chavo, we can finally have Chico vs Chico!
Or have Nick Gage murder him again :gibs:

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Someone wipe that child's face off and get them a shirt.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Dynamite is finally gonna beat Raw and Smackdown in the same week when we get an Orange Cassidy vs Bryan Danielson 60 minute iron man match

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

karmicknight posted:

Bryan Alvarez doing matches in AEW is something that needs to happen eventually.

they clearly are working towards a DARK main event of Alvarez v Marko Stunt Lights Out

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
A kind goon just allowed me to watch the Nick Gage DSOTR episode for the first time, and let me just confirm I am now very much a MDK gang member and cannot wait for Chris Jericho to be killed in the centre of the ring next week LIVE in stunning high definition.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Aw hell yeah here we go.

Praise be to Number, may it go up eternally.

cams posted:

justin roberts introduces him as "Chuck Taylor's friend, Kazuchika Okada"

You mean "Chuck Taylor's friend, Lil' Kazu"

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

britishbornandbread posted:

A kind goon just allowed me to watch the Nick Gage DSOTR episode for the first time, and let me just confirm I am now very much a MDK gang member and cannot wait for Chris Jericho to be killed in the centre of the ring next week LIVE in stunning high definition.

MDK all fuckin' day

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shinjobi posted:

Oh, by the way:

Fuego is loving OVER, yall. Like....Jesus. Pre-show, commercial breaks, the people demand Fuego.

if fuego ever gets a big big match tk should get him 'right here right now' as his special music

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

mdfuckingk

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

graph posted:

if fuego ever gets a big big match tk should get him 'right here right now' as his special music

I kinda love that for an entrance theme.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rantmo posted:

I kinda love that for an entrance theme.

but especially for a big fuego moment

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

graph posted:

Fatboy Slim or Jesus Jones?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
He's being a troll/tease now

https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/1418312475259375628?s=20

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

neoaxd posted:

Fatboy Slim or Jesus Jones?

If it's not Jesus Jones I want no part of it and also don't know the Fatboy Slim one.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Been thinking of getting back into wrestling after not watching AEW in a year or so, and reading the last few pages of this thread has really made it seem like a good time to do so.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Bah gawd, that's Ricky Steamboat's music!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

RandolphCarter posted:

Been thinking of getting back into wrestling after not watching AEW in a year or so, and reading the last few pages of this thread has really made it seem like a good time to do so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxMD31DlxIY

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

RandolphCarter posted:

Mate, this week was my first proper week of AEW Dynamite and I loved it. Scratched that older era WWE but with good storylines and matches itch. Get involved.

EDIT: also MDFUCKINGK

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

EDIT: also MDFUCKINGK
:hmmyes:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

RandolphCarter posted:

i've been watching this crap since i was 4 and there hasn't been a better time to be a wrestling fan. so much great stuff out there and i'm not just talking AEW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
They have a show scheduled in... NOOOOOOOORTH CAROOOOLIIIIIINA

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/entertainment/article252958968.html