Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i like the triple h youtube thumbnail a lot more than the actual image of what he looks like behind the play button. it looks like he might be going "ooo" like a big dumb rear end. ha ha ha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Breetai posted:

NXT is the developmental league and their best is worse than our worse except when one of their women points to sign at which point she wins the belt at WrestleMania with no buildup.
I wonder if in Vince's own brain he sees NXT as competition because he's not the one writing it and gets disgusted with how many people are talking about that product and not RAW and Smackdown. Certainly seems like it sometimes, he broke up every tag-team that came through and released them, he hosed with the booking of their champions multiple times, he calls people up just to punish/humble them and there's less than a handful of superstars since the Takeover era started that have ever managed to stay on TV (All four Horsewomen, Owens, and Baron Corbin?)

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Escape from the Thunderdome is going well

https://twitter.com/BillyCorben/status/1418342063842680832

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Thank you for answering the call!

As a side point, after watching plenty of wrestling youtube videos about wrestlers shoot beating the hell out of each other for a wide variety of reasons (that are almost always dumb as hell), I'm finding I have a lot of respect for wrestlers who could make moves look like murder but who I've never heard tried to actually hurt someone. Kane is of course at the top of the mountain for that reputation.

I'm a complicated person though, so that respect for safe workers will live in my heart alongside the joy I'll receive watching Del Rio be an absolute rear end in a top hat in SinCaraMania.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I think what gets me the most about RAW (which I will admit that I watch/have on in the background more out of habit than anything else) is how they do the same matches every week.

Humberto Vs Sheamus
Rick O’Shea vs John Morrison (did miz even really get hurt?)
Aj/Olmos Vs Viking Raiders
Bobby Lashley Vs New Day
Charlotte Vs Rhea

Since Wrestlemania, those have been the same things over and over again. The thing is, nothing in any of those feuds have really changed anything. Nothing in them have even mattered because they could have taken the last two months off and everything would be the same.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Every week it astounds me that WWE can have like 300 wrestlers signed and yet they book the same 12 people every. single. loving. show.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

It doesn't matter what they book. People will watch it "out of habit"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/ToruYanoFanAcct/status/1418344988954578945

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Alan_Shore posted:

It doesn't matter what they book. People will watch it "out of habit"

People will watch Baron Corbin and Shinsuke Nakamura wrestle the exact same match every single week for 5 straight months and then declare that's somehow proof that WWE does long-term storytelling.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Drakkel posted:

People will watch Baron Corbin and Shinsuke Nakamura wrestle the exact same match every single week for 5 straight months and then declare that's somehow proof that WWE does long-term storytelling.

No, you see, one week Corbin wins after a low blow... and then the next week, Nak wins after Bugz low blows Corbin. Such deep story progression.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Dimebags Brain posted:

Someone on reddit looked and Jeff Hardy has won two matches in 2021 prior to beating Kross, with one of them being in January.
That isn't counting Main Event matches, tag matches, or winning by DQ I assume. His full 2021 record is

lost to Randy Orton
Beat Elias
lost to Jaxson Ryker
Beat Jaxson Ryker by DQ
lost a tag to Elias/Ryker
lost Royal Rumble (eliminated by Dolph Ziggler)
Won a tag against Elias/Ryker
lost to AJ Styles
lost a Gauntlet match (pinned by McIntyre)
lost Elimination Chamber (pinned by McIntyre)
lost to Sheamus
lost to The Miz
lost to Jinder Mahal
lost to Jinder Mahal
lost to Mustafa Ali
Beat Cedric Alexander
lost to John Morrison
Beat Cedric Alexander
lost Battle Royale (eliminated by Cedric Alexander)
lost to Veer
Beat Karrion Kross

If you factor those in beating the NXT champion brings his record up to 6-15, or a .400 W-L percentage. If WWE were baseball and W-L were a batting average, he would be an All-Star! That's a better 2021 W-L record than so-called "AEW Stars" like Jack Evans, Shawn Dean, and Dr. Luther!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I did not realise Cedric Alexander was still in WWE.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Lid posted:

Sometimes I don't think WWE remembers he's there.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
might be a wwe first

https://mobile.twitter.com/Fiend4FolIows/status/1418379648656936965

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
he calls that the Holey Moley

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

kewl

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Ricochet is still really god drat good

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Lid posted:

neither did he

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lid posted:

In another universe he could be having awesome matches with Fenix and hanging out with Chuck Taylor but he has the worst kind of brain worms.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Lid posted:

I know it’s said over and over but he’s another one of those dudes that I would love to see tear it up in AEW. Dude is one of the crispest wrestlers I’ve ever seen live.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dimebags Brain posted:

Someone on reddit looked and Jeff Hardy has won two matches in 2021 prior to beating Kross, with one of them being in January.

Bro Miz had won like one match in a year and they put the loving belt on him.

Lid posted:

My favorite Cedric Alexander moment is when Kenny and Ibushi were on a livestream, somebody asked Ibushi about his match with Cedric and Ibushi was like "who? :confused:"

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Lid posted:

drat, by now Ricochet has more than secured his legacy as the guy who can do absolutely insane wrestling moves, and I think that gets you a special kind of impact on the wrestling business all its own. I can think of plenty of wrestlers who've done ~sick moves~ but never got above midcard at best that I'd freak out more to meet and hang out with live than WWE Hall of Famers, though admittedly given some of the names in the HoF that's a bit of a low bar to clear sometimes.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ricochet is a contemporary of Eddie Kingston's. Which is crazy in itself given how young Rico looks and moves. But also a sign of how well WWE publicly rewards grinder vets.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Astro7x posted:

They literally did no experimenting in the Thunderdome era aside from stupid Bliss/Fiend stuff they could only do with no audience.

March 2020 started with literally keeping the same setup with the hard cam on a row of empty seats. Then they switch to the AEW style camera facing the stage. Then they created teh Thunderdome specifically to replicate the exact same experience that they had with fans. There was zero innovation

But have you considered they've made billions?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

now that you mention it, that is illogical

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

D.N. Nation posted:

For umpteeth time I will refer to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ES-zrIDR5I&t=10s

No on-screen graphics (the truck hosed up and they didn't even have WWE CHAMPION STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN on-screen), no CGI, no quick cuts, no bells and whistles, the titantron just shows his name in Badass Font and some closeups of him looking pissed off, and the whole thing tells a story perfectly. Unlike...all this poo poo now.

Why can’t they go back to having a stage with a ramp. That looks awesome. Not sure why they went with this big platform

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I think what gets me the most about RAW (which I will admit that I watch/have on in the background more out of habit than anything else) is how they do the same matches every week.

Humberto Vs Sheamus
Rick O’Shea vs John Morrison (did miz even really get hurt?)
Aj/Olmos Vs Viking Raiders
Bobby Lashley Vs New Day
Charlotte Vs Rhea

Since Wrestlemania, those have been the same things over and over again. The thing is, nothing in any of those feuds have really changed anything. Nothing in them have even mattered because they could have taken the last two months off and everything would be the same.

I wonder if it was due to the pandemic and some of the workers not wanting to come into work under such conditions. In the same way, I wonder if we've had a glut of repeat matches because of the limited roster (lol) or because they didn't want to do anything dramatic due to the pandemic/hiring of Khan and him getting used to his duties.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

All I can think about is how bad he got yelled at for that when he got to gorilla

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MJeff posted:

Bro Miz had won like one match in a year and they put the loving belt on him.

yeah and it was the only hilarious thing so far in wwe in 2021

Astro7x posted:

Why can’t they go back to having a stage with a ramp. That looks awesome. Not sure why they went with this big platform

didnt one of the c-suite folks just say this week that the fans wanted big screens

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

sportsgenius86 posted:

All I can think about is how bad he got yelled at for that when he got to gorilla

Nobody's watching

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The one thing I think about Vince and NXT is, he was hoping to use it to hinder AEW and they failed and so he has no use for it again.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

If NXT is developmental, what does that make NXTUK? Or the proposed NXT Japan?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dead

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Neither of those promotions exist sorry.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I get honestly confused because on one hand Adam Cole is a really great promo and wrestler, but then I look at him and he's this little tiny guy, stewart little esque, and I feel sorry for him but then the reptilian brain taps in and reminds me of his work rate and poo poo which is honestly fantastic, but he's been presented to me as both a guy who we pretend isn't incredibly small like a toy story character and also this crafty guy who can win, and I simply cannot reconcile the two ideas in my mind. If Adam Cole showed up in AEW someday i'd expect Marko Stunt to come out and perfect plex him for the 1, 2 , 3 because he looks like a total idiot, just a weird mormon styled guy who is 5'6'' and frankly I don't like it because his matches are usually good, but he's terrible looking, it's honestly unfair.

IDK but nxt is killing him daily and that isn't the place for him, imo.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Adam Cole is an adorable dork, and I want to hug him and protect him from all the meanie weenie tall people.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Adam Cole is six feet tall and ya can't teach that

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

D.N. Nation posted:

For umpteeth time I will refer to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ES-zrIDR5I&t=10s

No on-screen graphics (the truck hosed up and they didn't even have WWE CHAMPION STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN on-screen), no CGI, no quick cuts, no bells and whistles, the titantron just shows his name in Badass Font and some closeups of him looking pissed off, and the whole thing tells a story perfectly. Unlike...all this poo poo now.

Not to mention a theme that's just an immediately recognizable stinger, then a repeating hard rock hook with a lot of bass.-

You absolutely couldn't make Austin in today's WWE.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

BrigadierSensible posted:

If NXT is developmental, what does that make NXTUK? Or the proposed NXT Japan?
There's never going to be an NXT Japan and NXT UK will probably get cut off soon too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
what is 205 live