Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1417685950952624131

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Here's a suggestion for your list.

ty i'll add it

although my intent was more for pirated feed list (stitchers, patreons) but i might as well do a rolling list of even ones without

Xaris has issued a correction as of 02:29 on Jul 23, 2021

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

In my head, donoteats' best path is where he goes back to doing videos because the visual element and his own perspective on his subjects were quality.

However if he can make rent and bank a bit with podcasts and Patreon then he should keep going with that instead.

But Alice is still loving awful.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Smythe posted:

the dollop sounded like some lib poo poo based on the name alone so ive never listened to it. ohhh its like a little helping. a delicious little snack. gently caress off

I've listened to it a few times and it's always one dude very slowly reading through a Wikipedia article for like 2 hours.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Bip Roberts posted:

I've listened to it a few times and it's always one dude very slowly reading through a Wikipedia article for like 2 hours.

right.

...so anyway,

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Xaris posted:

also just reposting the pirated feed list since it's been awhile, and I'll be trying to add a Hell of Presidents feed tomorrow:
ty for the pirate feeds. I listened to the QAA preview on Discordianism and they immediately hosed up everything about Kerry Thornley, his connections to the JFK assassination, and American intelligence. I can finally finish sperging over the rest of the episode now ty

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

As an actuary in the midwest that watches a lot of anime, this one hit hard.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Reik posted:

As an actuary in the midwest that watches a lot of anime, this one hit hard.

It would hit harder for me, but there’s only one reason he knows this.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

TheMightyBoops posted:

It would hit harder for me, but there’s only one reason he knows this.

What

donoteat
Sep 13, 2011

Loot at all this bullshit.
Who lets something like this happen?
alice is a great asset to us, we monopolize 2-3 pages of discourse in this thread about her each time the pod is brought up

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

discourse in one hand, poo poo in the other

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I like Alice, she's nerdy about all sorts of stuff I m nerdy about

I just listen to podcasts that I like tbh, I can't even think of any that I've had particularly strong negative opinions about rather than just bouncing off them and most of that has been exceptionally lovely audio or hosts voices that I can't stand

I sort of want to listen to a pod save America just to see how bad it is, theres one with mayor Pete which I think might be a good one

e: I tried listening to the west wing thing and it was alright but I've never seen the west wing and I've still got like half of trueanon/boontavista to work through and about 6 years of revolutions, so I didn't fancy working through another whole long series

E2. I guess I stopped listening to whatever the Cody Johnston podcast is because it was not dirtbag enough for me iirc, so I guess that's a strong negative opinion

XMNN has issued a correction as of 03:57 on Jul 23, 2021

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Switch out actuary for podcaster.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

donoteat posted:

alice is a great asset to us, we monopolize 2-3 pages of discourse in this thread about her each time the pod is brought up

https://youtube.com/watch?v=9G6xu-J_Dmc

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

TheMightyBoops posted:

Switch out actuary for podcaster.

Gotcha. Now I'm just gonna try and guess which anime protag Felix is trying to be every episode. It's Spike

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
well yeah he’s the one Jewish anime character that’s not a Der Stürmer drawing

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Dr. Killjoy posted:

well yeah he’s the one Jewish anime character that’s not a Der Stürmer drawing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMSb5_HtI3g

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I think he just sees the podcast as him hanging out with his friends.

unfortunately his friends are some of the dumbest and most annoying people of all time.

donoteat posted:

i didn't realize negative attention brain was transmissible

Larry Parrish has issued a correction as of 06:03 on Jul 23, 2021

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

i havent listened to any of his stuff ever since the last couple youtube videos which were interesting but i had to listen to alice and i think some other retard to get the info.

if your whole thing is giving a lecture on civil engineering and the politics behind it, i don't want or need anything else there. maybe im just built different, but i liked the franklin videos and everything else hes done since largely sucks cuz its not just him telling me a thing. if i wanted bad semi-progressive takes formatted as a joke (but without the content of one) i can just listen to chapo. or 100 other podcasts of that format.

honestly the best bits of the Franklin videos and the podcast was when he still stuck to a format of humorously explaining something while taking a breath to present a silly aside or some joke relevant to the subject

the Killdozer video is a pretty good example of this

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Brigadier Sockface posted:

The hardest thing about listening to podcasts is when the host gets the name of an obvious person that anyone who knows anything wrong

*my extremely slowbeef voice* MARE-eeeoh

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Victory Position posted:

honestly the best bits of the Franklin videos and the podcast was when he still stuck to a format of humorously explaining something while taking a breath to present a silly aside or some joke relevant to the subject

the Killdozer video is a pretty good example of this

it's not that I mind jokes or side content it's that it needs to be both applicable and, y'know, funny. cowardly version of hot takes aren't usually either.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

it's not that I mind jokes or side content it's that it needs to be both applicable and, y'know, funny. cowardly version of hot takes aren't usually either.

they really are not, especially when they're being regurgitated from another trough entirely

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i put together an rss feed for Hell of Presidents, someone who doesn't use Pocket Casts see if this poo poo works for you. https://raw.githubusercontent.com/xarisis/sapodacasts/main/hopre.xml

I probably have to make several sound cloud accounts to keep it going but oh well. not sure how long those direct content delivery links are good for either

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

Bip Roberts posted:

The name comes from a joke by Greg Beherendt the co-host on Dave's previous podcast Walking the Room. The joke was that when ladies watched male strippers they'd leave a dollop of cream on their chair. This has been early 2010s podcasting history with Shaffness.

Shaffness has issued a correction as of 07:40 on Jul 23, 2021

pogi
Jun 11, 2014

i listened to the 9/11 episode of WTYP and enjoyed it enough to try some others, but the cohosts besides donoteat consistently kill the show’s momentum. their riffing is fine, there’s just too much of it cutting into the technical explanations. im glad he’s having fun with his friends, but I’ll stick with his youtube videos

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
as today's chapo about right wing culture warriors at it again claimed, no one actually wants to solve the problems they gripe about, they need them to keep their career momentum going

or in this thread's case i guess the posting momentum, we need alice to keep being horribly obnoxious and unfunny to generate content

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i assure you. the dumbasses in this forum will generate plenty of internalized liberalism to laugh at without outside input.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Shipon posted:

or in this thread's case i guess the posting momentum, we need alice to keep being horribly obnoxious and unfunny to generate content

ehhh, but the posts where people actually talk about things are the best ones

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

i assure you. the dumbasses in this forum will generate plenty of internalized liberalism to laugh at without outside input.

that was my attempt to make a relevant post to a podcast ep that came out today

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I have no idea who this Alice person is beyond some dumb tweets they made that I think someone linked in this thread.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
its someone that half the thread have developed a weird negative parasocial relationship with and feel the need to talk about that constantly, while pretending they don't know which alice is being talked about because they're aware the obsession is stupid and weird

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Xaris posted:

i put together an rss feed for Hell of Presidents, someone who doesn't use Pocket Casts see if this poo poo works for you. https://raw.githubusercontent.com/xarisis/sapodacasts/main/hopre.xml

I probably have to make several sound cloud accounts to keep it going but oh well. not sure how long those direct content delivery links are good for either

Doesn't work on podcast addict. Maybe I should switch over to pocket bc I have the same problem with blowback

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

okay after listening to that family guy podcast that was linked in here over the past few days I gave to their patreon for the bonus episodes and they don't like mike tyson's mysteries so actually gently caress these people

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Mantis42 posted:

okay after listening to that family guy podcast that was linked in here over the past few days I gave to their patreon for the bonus episodes and they don't like mike tyson's mysteries so actually gently caress these people

If they say it's not funny, that's because it isn't.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I have no idea who this Alice person is beyond some dumb tweets they made that I think someone linked in this thread.

I finally caved and googled what she had done previously to make me have a negative image of her and that produced some bangers.

Roland Jones posted:

To summarize:

A trans woman made a few tweets criticizing Laura Grace Jane for defending Buck Angel, noted monster.

Alice jumped into the thread to start digging up tweets about her being a landlord, then implied that she should kill herself after the woman asked what Alice thinks she should do. (Said "landlord" has one house and lives there herself, sublets rooms in said house at half the going rate and puts excess money into a maintenance fund instead of taking it for profit, hasn't charged rent at all since the COVID-19 crisis started, and has pushed to have the laws in her country (Iceland) that prevent people from sharing ownership of a single home so that she can turn her house into a co-op owned by all the residents, so as far as landlordliness goes it's pretty minor. Also even if you ignore all that the actual landlording is pretty similar to a situation DNE described in one of his own videos, and I don't think the message there was that Mrs. O'Leary should kill herself. I could be mistaken though.)

Some of the tweets Alice posted as proof of evil landlordliness involved the woman having had to throw out a tenant's friend for trying to rape her, and then banning that tenant from bringing guests into the house because he kept trying to bring his rapist friend back or something. No one was evicted as far as I know, unless you count the rapist friend since he was staying with his pal there free sometimes. Even if you stretch things to include him, I think attempted rape is a pretty fair reason for getting kicked out, so gently caress that guy.

Someone started using the official WTYP account to say Alice was in the right about all this and make jokes about being "cancelled" by the "Landlord Defense Brigade", basically directing their followers to dogpile on the situation. From their past videos I thought it was Liam who runs the account, but whoever was posting claimed that it was DNE. Whoever it was, they spent at least seven hours tweeting about this.

Alice has since spent two days doubling down on this, getting into stuff like spreading the woman's deadname, and generally being human garbage.

It's all been very bewildering, disgusting, and disappointing. I'm sure they're going to talk about it at the start of the next episode too; I wonder how they're going to try to spin it so that Alice doesn't look like a complete shithead. (Probably by just saying "landlord" a million times and ignoring everything that actually happened.)

It is an accurate characterization of the landlord bitching stuff.

https://twitter.com/BathysphereHat/status/1133019837893156864

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Xaris posted:

Okay update, blowback worked for me on pocket but not the Presidents one

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait what's with the headscarf. Oh my god she isn't that insane muslin convert person people were posting about like a year ago is she. The av seems very familiar

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If they say it's not funny, that's because it isn't.

hey you know i like the thing and yet you poo poo all over it like this, this is the kind of toxic behavior that makes people dislike goons. maybe work on yourself

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Mantis42 posted:

hey you know i like the thing and yet you poo poo all over it like this, this is the kind of toxic behavior that makes people dislike goons. maybe work on yourself

Ok, now reread my post in Norm McDonald's voice and pretend it's Pigeon saying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Larry Parrish posted:

Wait what's with the headscarf. Oh my god she isn't that insane muslin convert person people were posting about like a year ago is she. The av seems very familiar

Larry Parrish posted:

i dont like Alice on that one just because they dont know anything about engineering and I dont need riffs on me bridge disaster podcast. Not everything needs a third mic you know?

Larry Parrish posted:

i dont know what im being quoted for but guys doesnt mean male and anyway i dont like Alice on the engineering podcast. british people need to stay on their island imo

Larry Parrish posted:

oooooooh. its that alice. lmao. i thought she sucked on the one or two videos i listened to.

hey whos this alice person everyone is talking about hehe