Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Do these people not realise they're allowed to watch AEW? Like, they don't even need to stop enjoying WWE! They can do both!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

seth rollins said aew takes food from his baby's mouth

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Rarity posted:

Do these people not realise they're allowed to watch AEW? Like, they don't even need to stop enjoying WWE! They can do both!

https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1235392367663988736?s=20

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Rarity posted:

They have convinced themselves that AEW is the worst wrestling to ever exist because it's not WWE.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Sadly Mike resisted this temptation has remains nestled in WWE's bosom

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

He took the best option at the time and for some reason, nobody's getting cut from NXT UK :shrug:

The NXT UK contracts for anyone who isn’t WALTER are peanuts, so Nick Khan hasn’t noticed yet.

HHH is also probably paying them under the table using change he fishes out of the couch in Vince’s office, to help hide it.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

wtf why is daniel bryan going to aew I though he loved the wwe and had tons of creative crontrol and all that poo poo people thought was a waste of his talent was actual all bryan's ideas

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

They have convinced themselves that AEW is the worst wrestling to ever exist because it's not WWE.

They've had 20 years of WWE reframing the Monday Night Wars as the evil WCW trying to put the innocent WWF who just wants to put on a good, honest wrestling show out of business.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The Bryan stuff plus the "I'm a lifelong hardcore fan of wrestling and I've never heard of Jay White" stuff makes me want to ask them to list all the promotions they watch, because I have a feeling their definition of hardcore fan just means "super into one promotion for a long time".

Like how are you not even mildly aware of Bullet Club

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

sticklefifer posted:

The Bryan stuff plus the "I'm a lifelong hardcore fan of wrestling and I've never heard of Jay White" stuff makes me want to ask them to list all the promotions they watch, because I have a feeling their definition of hardcore fan just means "super into one promotion for a long time".

the answer to which promotions they currently watch is likely to be "none of them, they all suck now"

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Zombie Lemur posted:

They've had 20 years of WWE reframing the Monday Night Wars as the evil WCW trying to put the innocent WWF who just wants to put on a good, honest wrestling show out of business.

I was a hardcore WWF fan back in the 90s but I’d still watch Nitro if I had the chance. Mind you, the shows aired on different days in Canada so the war wasn’t as heated here.

But it was WWE’s framing of the MNW that was kind of my first step in giving up on WWE. I think the DVD documentary of the MNW came out in 2004 and I remember watching it and knowing that it was a load of gaslighting BS.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

but what about? what about?! whatbaoutbaoutabouwhabout. SELFISH gently caress.

- me, staying loyal to wwe unlike some people in tyool 2021

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Hey now, they're into tons of promotions. Smackdown, Raw, NXT, 205 Live, Main Event, NXT UK, ECW on Syfy, Velocity, Jakked, Metal, Heat, Saturday Morning Slam, FCW, OVW, EVOLVE, PROGRESS...

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

quote:

The discussion in this sub always comes down to fed bad, like seriously the IWC always exaggerate anything to prove wwe is loving something, yeah not everything they do is great, but fuuuuck, even when some thing is loving awesome there's always that tiny detail that invalidated everything.

Also I'm loving tired of how the people listen and repeat everything meltzer and srs say, one is what made the IWC this levels of toxic way beyond the Steven universe one and the other just spits poo poo to look cool like "Vince McMahon can't create stars" and because Vince and fed bad let's give him likes of agreeing with that poo poo argument, EVEN THOUGH HE MADE HOGAN, TAKER, STONE COLD, ROCK, TRIPLE H, BRET HART, HBK, BATISTA, CENA, ROMAN, DREW.

I just want Bray to come back to finally be free of looking at this place for news on him, like crap that's the only thing that keeps me here.

Fiend fans are being unwillingly subjected to anti WWE propaganda. Please let us know where you are Fiend!!!

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
i like when people talk about vince "making" certain people who were originally straddled with terrible gimmicks and openly talk about the dumb poo poo vince wanted them to do and they only got out of it because they presented him with an undeniably good idea

or people like bret who didnt have to be "made" you just had to put a camera on him wrestling like literally the easiest thing in the world and they still hosed a lot of it up

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

He listed Drew MacIntyre on the same level as Stone Cold Steve Austin. He's clearly had a head injury.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Lol the shout out to the Steven Universe fandom. What did the gay space rocks people ever do to you, buddy?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

sticklefifer posted:

Us WWE fans have been with you from the beginning.

The beginning.

WWE fans.

Well, from the first moment he signed with WWE. Nothing before that is real or actually counts, everyone knows that.

What the hell is a ring of honor, some kind of stipulation match?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Mike Kurtz liked both and then we got COVID. Just saying.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Drew who was a comedy jobber before he was fired and proved he could look like a killer on the Indies.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

Drew who was a comedy jobber before he was fired and proved he could look like a killer on the Indies.

Now be fair to Vince here. He had to bury Drew because he couldn't control his woman.

Writing that made me throw up a little inside.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I was a hardcore WWF fan back in the 90s but I’d still watch Nitro if I had the chance. Mind you, the shows aired on different days in Canada so the war wasn’t as heated here.

But it was WWE’s framing of the MNW that was kind of my first step in giving up on WWE. I think the DVD documentary of the MNW came out in 2004 and I remember watching it and knowing that it was a load of gaslighting BS.

I was super excited about that DVD because I wanted to relive a bunch of cool moments and finding videos of stuff on the internet wasn't what it is now. I think I watched it the whole way through once, what a load of bullshit that was.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1418959796955398148?s=20

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hey I did this interview but let me sell you on what a great job I did INSTEAD OF HTE loving CONTENT.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Ah yes, when I listen to an interview I think, "God, I hope the interviewer gets over."

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's hard to be a good interviewer. there aren't very many of them and that's why so many people want to either quickly scan a transcript or even just get important details from somebody. if ryan satin was actually good at it then being proud of his job is also just generally an acceptable thing.

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1418768537682731012

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/PeterOhara22/status/1418894095712456706?s=20

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ah, yes, movie and book reviewers famously never speak to directors, actors or authors. Like, disclosing if you got comp tickets is one thing, but this idea that journalists can't express editorial opinion if they've ever sat in the same room as someone in the industry they cover is absurd.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

Ah, yes, movie and book reviewers famously never speak to directors, actors or authors. Like, disclosing if you got comp tickets is one thing, but this idea that journalists can't express editorial opinion if they've ever sat in the same room as someone in the industry they cover is absurd.

There was a really funny tweet a few months ago by a youtube movie reviewer who tried to make this point. It was really funny because Ebert was friends with many directors and had them on his show. There is a very funny moment on a year in review show when Ebert is trying to tell Scorsese how great one of his movies is.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

satin thinks he is the charlotte of wrestling journalism but he's really disco inferno

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Lets see if the Kenny interview has brought out the crazies:

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1418961794991681538

Yes. Yes it has

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

It rocks that 90% of those dudes post "Kenny Olivia" instead of "Kenny Olivier."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

creepy stuff like uh simping for Jurina Matsui

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

HOLY poo poo

https://twitter.com/EDroneSlayer/status/1418984910606450691?s=20

YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY YOU EVEN GET TO WATCH WWE

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

E Drone Slayer

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

yea ok posted:

E Drone Slayer

Absolutely vital to a robust personal life to build an identity around what wrestling promotion you are NOT a fan of.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Absolutely vital to a robust personal life to build an identity around what wrestling promotion you are NOT a fan of.

You might want to delete this before the Indian AEW stans roast you. They are not to be trifled with.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Mods please change my name to CM Pink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/spiesryan69/status/1418997069356937219