Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Rotten Red Rod posted:

did some big steamer play it recently?

Excellent typo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The MSJ posted:

I played that Succubus game demo. Weird that a game where the selling point is dressing up and customising the body of a naked succubus (customisation unavailable in demo) is in first person. You only see her when she's climbing or at her base when she sleeps of bathes (while rubbing two bugs on her body) while the camera slowly circle around her. There's no apparent benefit to sleeping or bathing, it's all for T&A. The game plays like Doom 2016, because you stun enemies before executing them, and Dark Messiah, because you get to kick enemies into spikes and off cliffs. That part was fun at least. What's not fun is the stuttering, and at one point you gain health by kicking a chained-up pregnant woman and then pulling out her fetus to snap its neck. Sorry for burying the lede there.

My issue with it is that they took Agony that was a way better horror survival than I ever expected and turned it into a stupid corridor brawler. The whole point of the original was exploring hell to see what gross poo poo they put around the next corner.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

Men would rather play a video game about being Hitler's therapist than go to therapy.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Post Ironic Cereal posted:

Men would rather play a video game about being Hitler's therapist than go to therapy.

Video games are therapy.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

The MSJ posted:

I played that Succubus game demo. Weird that a game where the selling point is dressing up and customising the body of a naked succubus (customisation unavailable in demo) is in first person. You only see her when she's climbing or at her base when she sleeps of bathes (while rubbing two bugs on her body) while the camera slowly circle around her. There's no apparent benefit to sleeping or bathing, it's all for T&A. The game plays like Doom 2016, because you stun enemies before executing them, and Dark Messiah, because you get to kick enemies into spikes and off cliffs. That part was fun at least. What's not fun is the stuttering, and at one point you gain health by kicking a chained-up pregnant woman and then pulling out her fetus to snap its neck. Sorry for burying the lede there.

I pirated the She Will Punish Them game but it doesn't seem to want to work. All I can do is walk around some castle room and admire some CG demon rear end and tits, the missions won't start at all.

Probably for the best

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Play posted:

I pirated the She Will Punish Them game but it doesn't seem to want to work. All I can do is walk around some castle room and admire some CG demon rear end and tits, the missions won't start at all.

Probably for the best

That's just the built in anti piracy

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

I don't hate the idea, reforming the monster is big on my wish-fulfillment fantasy, but. Hmm.

Hitler is a minefield I do not expect anyone to be able to navigate successfully. The best I've seen have gone "Who? No, you're mistaken, this is a completely fictional genocidal dictator with a toothbrush moustache." And honestly I've seen more fumbles than birdies on that angle, too.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Wamdoodle posted:

That's just the built in anti piracy

I kinda doubt that based on the size of the team and since no one else is having that problem based on the comment section. But I already deleted it, was hoping to find something funny to show but oh well

This could either be painfully bad/offensive or bizarrely brilliant. Definitely leaning towards the former but who knows

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I think a better game would be one where you basically play the Dr. Loomis to Hitler's Michael Myers. You realize over the course of the game that he's unreachable, and you see a potential evil in him so great that you spend the whole game trying to stop him.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Play posted:

I kinda doubt that based on the size of the team and since no one else is having that problem based on the comment section. But I already deleted it, was hoping to find something funny to show but oh well

support the devs!!!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Just checked and that famous photo of Freud is actually 100 years old this year. Kinda telling about how serious this game actually is.

E: And I just now got the lovely pun in the title. :v:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I didn't know that House Flipper and Succubus are by the same publisher, and that they have a lot of other.... eccentric games.

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/PlayWaySale2021

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I'm surprised that a no-name developer churning out janky "XY Simulator" games has the money and clout to acquire the Mythbusters license for their game.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
I don't understand how someone could miss the perfect opportunity to call their sequel "BootyNuns & 21"

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1135900/Bootybuns_2/

HOW

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Commander Keene posted:

I'm surprised that a no-name developer churning out janky "XY Simulator" games has the money and clout to acquire the Mythbusters license for their game.

I don't know, back in the day this is exactly the kind of developer you would expect to be releasing licensed games.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I quite enjoyed the car accident response sim that dev put out. Informative AND morbid.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Pretty much every game I've tried from Play Way has been surprisingly solid despite being low budget jank. They seem to have found their niche and are good at it.
And as far as I can tell the horrible horny stuff is not actually put out by PW, they just have some sort of deal with those companies. Probably both owned by some larger entity.

E: Oh poo poo, they have a Pope Simulator coming out!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1253800/The_Pope_Power__Sin/

Lodin fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Jul 23, 2021

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Some of their games seem to sell like hot cakes and Mythbusters can't be very expensive to license nowadays.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i don't recognize most of these games but i can confirm that car mechanic simulator is a well made game that does exactly what it says on the box and a very chill and relaxing experience

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

Kennel posted:

Some of their games seem to sell like hot cakes and Mythbusters can't be very expensive to license nowadays.

Here's hoping for Space Marine Armouring simulator.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
If they're the steam dev I am thinking of, their whole business model involves making trailers that simulate the gameplay of a game and then asking people to wishlist the game. They then look at the numbers and sit down and make whatever game got wishlisted the most.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

ElBrak posted:

If they're the steam dev I am thinking of, their whole business model involves making trailers that simulate the gameplay of a game and then asking people to wishlist the game. They then look at the numbers and sit down and make whatever game got wishlisted the most.

I have encountered them but none of the games from them are on that list.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Truga posted:

i don't recognize most of these games but i can confirm that car mechanic simulator is a well made game that does exactly what it says on the box and a very chill and relaxing experience

Not to mention that you'll actually learn how a car works and the PC version has shitloads of awesome stuff in the Workshop.
Want to work on an old Volkswagen buss or the God drat Batmobile? It's right there.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Commander Keene posted:

Publisher. I checked and most of these games seem to be by different developers.

Also "Succubus" is listed on its store page as being published not by PlayWay but the dev themselves? Weird.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Zereth posted:

Publisher. I checked and most of these games seem to be by different developers.

Also "Succubus" is listed on its store page as being published not by PlayWay but the dev themselves? Weird.
Some publishers do seemingly odd things, like where each game they publish ostensibly comes from a different developer but if you look at the game and click on the dev's name to see their catalog, for most of their titles it just redirects back to the publisher's page. Here's another example

Which would make sense if (hypothetically) the publisher is a vague production-association(?) of independent coders/artists/etc and they form a temporary-working-group for each project and then farm DLC/sequels or split to move on to the next thing, in which case the developer and publisher are technically different entities but they aren't exactly publishing third-party shovelware.

Also not unheard of for producers/publishers to acquire one or more development studios, along with any number of other situations that blur the line between "development" and "publishing" as distinct business operations.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Lodin posted:

E: Oh poo poo, they have a Pope Simulator coming out!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1253800/The_Pope_Power__Sin/

Hot drat, it's based on Pope Alexander VI, the pope to base anything like this on, you're gonna be able to do all matter of depravity and corruption.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Princess&Blade

quote:

This is a Indie game development by myself,I hope to bring you happiness.

This is the story of an rear end in a top hat blade and a beautiful girl's adventure.

In the face of the extinction of the community, a blade coming from the earth landed in the hidden village of the princess and the clans. Only the person chosen by the blade could get close to it and pick it up, and it chose the our princess,just because her beauty, and on her slender figure.

This blade has a special hobby, that is, it must be sexy enough to stimulate it to produce excitement, and the more excited it is, the harder and sharper it is. Therefore, the princess have to change her clothes constantly under the request of the blade, so as to bring it a fresh feeling.

In this game, the appearance of clothes will have an impact on the attributes of the protagonist. When the princess wears different clothes, it means that she needs to use flexible fighting methods, such as sexy and violent cutting, flexible maneuvering, or wearing strong armor to resist damage. When you extract different clothes, these fighting methods need to be flexibly selected.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I don't normally cross-post from the Fresh Releases thread but wowie

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1519550/Rebellion_Gaia/

quote:

The worlds first conspiracy theory "truther game" made by truthers for truthers!
If you know 911 was an inside job, the banks are an organized global crime gang, the media lies constantly, our governments have been sold off to the highest bidder decades ago and you're starting to suspect something is not right about the pandemic narrative??? Then you will love this story.
If you're looking for the latest graphics and fast paced action you are in the wrong place!
This game is a not for profit revenue raiser for activists, independent journalists & researchers.
If you just wish to watch the 100min film made from the game content then you can find the MP4 inside the game folder downloaded from steam.

[...]

Swear word free and its control and game play are basic enough for almost anyone to play.
90% of game profits go directly to voice actors, not for profit organizations and activists within our game, for the full list visit our website.
each voice actor is an independent journalist and truth speaker of various fields including, banking, finance, hidden history, suppressed science, spirituality, and all forms of activism.
In an age of tyranny if you want to keep free speech alive and support independent journalism then buy this game to support the truth.
you may recognize a few truth speakers voices as you adventure through the world. You wouldn't consume the mainstream media so why buy a mainstream game. Rebellion Gaia is a from of education via a novel fictional story. All satire is conducted within fair use, see full disclaimer see our website.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

RagnarokZ posted:

Hot drat, it's based on Pope Alexander VI, the pope to base anything like this on, you're gonna be able to do all matter of depravity and corruption.

Yeah that store page kinda sold me on the game tbh. Watch at least the first couple seconds of the first trailer video

it's like "what if Assassin's Creed 2 was sillier"

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Lodin posted:

Not to mention that you'll actually learn how a car works and the PC version has shitloads of awesome stuff in the Workshop.
Want to work on an old Volkswagen buss or the God drat Batmobile? It's right there.

drat I might have to check this out. I'm not that interested in cars but I do like taking things apart and learning how they work. Does it have motorcycles?

Contribution:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1558600/Godkiller/

quote:

Godkiller is an action comedy satire game .It is the middle of WW2 ,A soviet soldier finds himself alone in a pile of corpse and he realizes that his comrades have been slaughtered by an unstoppable force. The source of this unstoppable force? Billions have been killed by the One wicked God ,and Mother Russia is left in ruins .it is up to you to stop it...Fight the forces of this corrupt deity, battle the armies of the many peculiar human forces that threaten him(including slaughtering Nazis), and save the world with style!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Play posted:

drat I might have to check this out. I'm not that interested in cars but I do like taking things apart and learning how they work. Does it have motorcycles?

Nah, you'd have to get Motorcycle Mechanic Simulator for that and it's pretty good but doesn't have the mod community and is barebones.
Get Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 if you just want to mess about with engines properly.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

The game's description says it comes packed with a full playthrough in an MP4 file. I don't know if that's ever been done before.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

StrixNebulosa posted:

I can almost kinda sorta respect them for taking the "looking for something fun and visually appealing? Don't bother here" angle right from the top.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

quote:

Players may feel an urge to burn down their local guard house, we take no responsibility for any actions taken after consuming this game, players play Rebellion Gaia at their own risk. May cause mutations such as player developing a third eye, skin irritation, nausea, ego death and epileptic seizures.
Views and opinions expressed in the game do not represent the views and opinions of voice actors of the game. All names places and events are entirely fictional, Rebellion Gaia should not be played by anyone. Rebellion Gaia does not condone the use of psychedelics or adrenochrome.
stay in drugs don't do school. No animals were harmed in this production. COPYRIGHT © 2020 REBELLION GAIA -ANTHONY STEELE - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
That unfunny joke isn't even theirs. Pretty sure that's on the splash screen for Postal 2 and at least a few other "controversial" games. Fairly certain it's also the opening warning to South Park for the last 25 years.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Tamba posted:

adrenochrome

this is one of the biggest red flags for edgelords

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1485100/Hentai_Femdom_Sim_Femdom_University/

You know what you're getting with a title like Hentai Femdom Simulator but this disclaimer amused me.

quote:

There are no minor-characters in my game (every character is over 18years, body-wise and lore-wise)