Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

most of the most evil and depraved activities by law enforcement and intelligence agencies are just too vile for people to believe or take seriously, especially for the credulous libs that make up the entirety of mainstream media and were uniformly saying "defund the police is too radical, what about just getting rid of the bad cops and reforming the police?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

they can only create culture as spite and they want their own starbucks that says merry CHRISTmas

i think the latest wave of chud coffee started when starbucks had that dumb thing where they said the baristas would talk to customers about racism

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Mac and Cheese posted:

smart tinfoil hat types didn't but the msm and most people you know certainly did

Not so sure. Most people I know only know Epstein as the guy who definitely didn't kill himself, as the memes were very popular. They may know he's a billionaire child trafficker. They may have heard of Ghislaine Maxwell, but this is not guaranteed by any stretch. They certainly don't know anything deeper. I was talking recently to someone who actually did know a little bit more than the average, regarding Epstein and his connections, but did not know even that Ghislaine's father was a Mossad spy who died from falling off a boat. To say nothing of the extremely shady, connected, and still very much alive twin sisters. All of that to say that they wouldn't be distracted by Epstein because they never were in the first place.

Regarding MSM, Milwaukee, and general Knowing it's all sort of the same thing really. MSM doesn't report on it - Milwaukee got, I think, one mention in Cable TeeVee MSM and having a quick look right now on Google it's all small publications with the largest publication, USA Today, just doing cover-up poo poo - so it's no wonder at all that most people don't know it. Honestly if you're not actively seeking this information out it will absolutely not find itself to you and if it does it will be of the purely distorted misinformation or manipulation type.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

something something then who was the enemy?

https://twitter.com/influenzation/status/1418304546686652421?s=20

Daily Mail posted:

The herbicide drifted on to the Van Strums’ land with disastrous effect. The family dog died and so did the garden.

And it wasn’t just the Van Strums who suffered. The miscarriage rate among local women shot up within a month: one would-be mother eventually had 14 miscarriages.

Hunters began to find deformed fish, water fowl and deer. Fawns were born with no eyes, goslings hatched with their feet facing backwards or with only one wing, frogs had six legs.
The battle waged by Carol and another courageous woman campaigner, French-Vietnamese activist Tran To Nga, against the ‘herbicide from Hell’ and the industrial giants and governments responsible for its manufacture is revealed in a new American documentary, The People Vs. Agent Orange.
Some believe a tragic fire that destroyed the Van Strums’ home in 1977 and killed all four of their children was an arson attack linked to the spraying protest. Carol, who almost committed suicide that night, still cannot talk about it on camera.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Thought the thread might find this site useful. Not endorsing any of the opinion pieces contained on it, but as a place to find primary sources on Peoples Temple and Jonestown (FOIA docs, tapes, transcripts, survivor interviews etc) it is unsurpassed.

https://jonestown.sdsu.edu/

Lots to dig into and think about. I'm unconvinced he was a CIA operative or Jonestown was MKUltra but the story itself is very much part of that whole "American Years of Lead" era.

gh0stpinballa has issued a correction as of 03:46 on Jul 23, 2021

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

The Color Out Of Space was a historical document from the future, Lovecraft was a clairvoyant. jfc

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
Had to buy the gladio tag cuz mods were being stingy :colbert:

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

an opinion, fellow goons, please

I am workshopping some ideas for a thing and I am curious if the vibe/feel of the writing is striking the right mood, for the lack of a better way of putting it. I think the Epstein thread is a very good place to ask because, well, you will see

thanks in advance!

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

dead gay comedy forums posted:

I am workshopping some ideas for a thing and I am curious if the vibe/feel of the writing is striking the right mood, for the lack of a better way of putting it. I think the Epstein thread is a very good place to ask because, well, you will see

thanks in advance!

Are you OK?

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

thanks in advance!

Chamale posted:

Are you OK?

It's good

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

thanks in advance!

that is amazing, what are the other classes/backgrounds?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

thanks in advance!

this owns

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Azathoth posted:

The only mildly surprising thing is that it wasn't a straight up overdose. But I think he'd tried that at least once, possibly more, and his tolerance was so high that he survived. And regardless whether you believe that his OD in Rome was a suicide attempt or an accident, it's suicidally reckless at a minimum.

There is no junkie with a tolerance to opioids so high that a fatal overdose is impossible. Which drug(s) did he OD on in Rome? Are suicide or accident the only possibilities?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
today I learned that William F. Buckley, Jr., of the National Review, was a CIA agent

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
https://ro.uow.edu.au/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2143&context=alr

https://edition.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/asiapcf/auspac/09/26/australia.agentorange/

https://www.parliament.wa.gov.au/Pa...pf.010.xx.a.pdf

https://thestringer.com.au/agent-orange-used-as-a-herbicide-throughout-the-kimberley-1288

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-21/kimberley-chemical-legacy-continues-to-haunt-wa-families/6558388

https://www.awu.net.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Chemical-Inquiry-Report-FINAL-version-2pm-10-Nov-2.pdf

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-19/workers-call-for-compensation-exposure-agent-orange-chemical/11225606

https://www.sbs.com.au/nitv/nitv-news/article/2020/02/06/untold-terror-agent-orange-legacy-comes-light-new-compo-case

bonus
https://pesticides.australianmap.net/1969-71-rogue-batch-of-245-t-used-near-derby-wa/

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

nut
Jul 30, 2019

:eyepop:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://history.state.gov/historicaldocuments/frus1964-68v28/d274

quote:

FOREIGN RELATIONS OF THE UNITED STATES, 1964–1968, VOLUME XXVIII, LAOS
274. Memorandum From the Deputy Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs (Kohler) to Secretary of State Rusk1
Washington, January 13, 1967.
SUBJECT
Weather Modification in North Vietnam and Laos (Project Popeye)
Proposal

1. The Department of Defense has requested our approval to initiate the operational phase of Project Popeye in selected areas (map at clip)2 along the infiltration routes in North Vietnam and southern Laos. The objective of the program is to produce sufficient rainfall along these lines of communication to interdict or at least interfere with truck traffic between North and South Vietnam. Recently improved cloud seeding techniques would be applied on a sustained basis, in a non-publicized effort to induce continued rainfall through the months of the normal dry season.

Background

2. A test phase of Project Popeye was approved by State and Defense and conducted during October 1966 in a strip of the Lao Panhandle generally east of the Bolovens Plateau in the valley of the Se Kong River. The test was conducted without consultation with Lao authorities (but with Ambassador Sullivan’s knowledge and concurrence) and, to the best of our knowledge, remains unknown to other than a severely limited number of U.S. officials.

3. During the test phase, more than 50 cloud seeding experiments were conducted. The results are viewed by DOD as outstandingly successful.

(a)
82% of the clouds seeded produced rain within a brief period after seeding—a percentage appreciably higher than normal expectation in the absence of seeding.
(b)
The amount of rainfall induced by seeding is believed to have been sufficient to have contributed substantially to rendering vehicular routes in this area inoperable. Since the end of the rainy season, the communists have failed to undertake route repairs and there has been no vehicular traffic.
(c)
In one instance, the rainfall continued as the cloud moved eastward across the Vietnam border and inundated a U.S. Special Forces camp with nine inches of rain in four hours.
(d)
DOD scientists consider that the experiment demonstrated a capacity to raise and maintain rainfall under controlled conditions to the level at which the land is saturated over a sustained period, slowing movement on foot and rendering the operation of vehicles impracticable.
4. In our view, the experiments were undeniably successful, indicating that, at least under weather and terrain conditions such as those involved, the U.S. Government has realized a capability of significant weather modification. If anything, the tests were “too successful”—neither the volume of induced rainfall nor the extent of area affected can be precisely predicted. The only absolute control, therefore, is after the fact, i.e., to halt cloud-seeding missions.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

...god drat

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
captain planet cartoon villains

nut
Jul 30, 2019

smarxist posted:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
That's hardly a fair comparison; Captain Planet villains were way less over-the-top and hamfistedly evil.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

smarxist posted:

magazine in da op from 1979 posted:

No-one who examines the 2,4,5-T issue can avoid becoming aware of the political power of those who manufacture and promote the use of herbicides, particularly Dow Chemicals, the American company which is responsible for making and distributing most of the chemical herbicides used in the Western world. This use of power extends to the suppression of scientific evidence. Reports have come to light in the US of a
‘mafia’-type operation set up to suppress experimental results unfavourable to the pesticide and herbicide industries. It appears that scientists who have ‘detrimental’ information find that they cannot get a hearing from the government, that they are sometimes threatened with the loss of their grants or even their academic positions. Could this sort of thing be happening in Australia?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Crime on a Dime posted:

There is no junkie with a tolerance to opioids so high that a fatal overdose is impossible. Which drug(s) did he OD on in Rome? Are suicide or accident the only possibilities?

The exact pills are a matter of dispute apparently as I've seen it reported as "painkillers" but Love claims Rohypnol. Reports agree he then chased the pills, whatever they were with alcohol.

The doctor who treated him thought it was an accidental OD, for what it's worth, and Love was the one who found him and called paramedics. By all accounts, if she wanted him dead, she could have let him die right there and no one would have been the wiser.

I think Love was definitely indifferent to his possible death, at least in the sense that she had accepted it as an inevitability. Probably letting my own personal biases in on this one, in that I see the actions of a lot of people around Cobain as those of the friends and family of an addict who has repeatedly relapsed. They all accepted that there's nothing they can do and that at some point he was gonna have a fatal OD or otherwise die from his addiction, which can look weird from the outside.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
how many groundbreaking albums did they write though (i joke but i know what it's like to see people go through hell on drugs)

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Chamale posted:

Are you OK?

smarxist posted:

this owns

hell yeah, thanks haha

Tempora Mutantur posted:

that is amazing, what are the other classes/backgrounds?

thank you! It's a work in progress; I had been writing some material as creative exercise (and as a nice way to sublimate stuff like epstein-brain tbqh) for a while but didn't have a format to organize it in an interesting whole, until a friend told me that he would love to play a game based on that and here we are. What I am going for in terms of feel has a lot to do with the emotions involved when learning about the awfulness of it all (like this thread) but with a definite supernatural element. let's see how it goes

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

lol

you don’t get much more demon cracker nation than this

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Torpor posted:

where do you buy pieces of airplanes?

https://roncole.net/

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Kurt Vonneguts brother Bernard invented this technique.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

“I…chased this story on usenet for 35 years…and…he just…he put it on the state department website.”

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL
gently caress coffee i just drink red bull tbh

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

gently caress coffee i just drink red bull tbh
:rip: your loving kidneys. :stonk:

Also yeah, that RP thing is neat, good atmosphere and style. I feel like we in CSPAM and especially the Epstein thread are better acclimated to the slate of eldritch horrors bearing down on us. We'd take sanity checks half as often but maybe lose one or two more points per failed check.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

I been reading One Nation Under God about the revival of Christian libertarianism that, in part, Eisenhower rode into the Whitehouse and it's not really crack ping, just this gross coordination of government, corporation, and ministers to combat the new deal and social gospel with an assertion that American is a nation of Christianity who's primary focus is salvation of the individual and any social good is theft.

That being said, check out this loving ghoul's line-up for the Proclamation to Claim Liberty, one of the PR events corporate heads used to wash out their bad image after the Depression. Bonus if you scroll down, they exalted only the preamble of the Constitution (and even edited it still) to avoid the issues with having to deal with the Constitution talking about the necessity of govt
https://history.fee.org/media/3031/989-committee-to-proclaim-liberty-175th-anniversary-of-independence-day-invitation.pdf

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

nut posted:

That being said, check out this loving ghoul's line-up for the Proclamation to Claim Liberty
bit harsh on Jackie Robinson

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/kumaraishwarya/status/1418709503378345985?s=19

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

classic fencing response

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

So the one person on Team USA protected from COVID is the well known sexual predator?