Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Tiberius Christ posted:

Yeah its violentacrez sorry, the ultimate redditor

His TV interview was insane, guy openly talked about those subreddits with no shame

This is the inevitable consequence of not allowing bullies in elementary and middle schools. Nobody (including me!) is ashamed about anything they do anymore.

Bring back the swirlies, noogies, and Purple Nurples!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Tiberius Christ posted:

Yeah its violentacrez sorry, the ultimate redditor

His TV interview was insane, guy openly talked about those subreddits with no shame

If he had shame, he wouldn't be moderating the sex crimes subreddit to begin with.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
He didn't only moderate sexcrimes subreddits he also owned /r/picsofdeadkids

Party Boat posted:

Oh okay it's just a joke then

It was predated by a much more racist subreddit with the same "empty subreddit with nobody allowed to post" joke/gimmick: /r/blackfathers.
Thankfully at some point the head mod of that sub disappeared or got banned for racism or something and it got taken over by new leadership who turned it into a real wholesome parenting subreddit.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

This is the story:

Evil Willow posted:

Food is fun!

Made Enemies at a Friendly Barbecue

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

DerekSmartymans posted:

This is the inevitable consequence of not allowing bullies in elementary and middle schools. Nobody (including me!) is ashamed about anything they do anymore.

Bring back the swirlies, noogies, and Purple Nurples!!!

Bullies don't enforce normalcy, they pick a few people and drive them out of normalcy and into nerd groups (best case) or online creeper communities (worst) where they don't feel threatened.

Once you've been targeted they don't stop just because you act normal (ask me how I know).

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Strategic Tea posted:

Bullies don't enforce normalcy, they pick a few people and drive them out of normalcy and into nerd groups (best case) or online creeper communities (worst) where they don't feel threatened.

Once you've been targeted they don't stop just because you act normal (ask me how I know).

Is it because you're a bully who relentlessly ruined the life of another kid?

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

catching up on the thread........ whole lotta people love to out themselves here. smh

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Snowy posted:

It’s still pretty funny, sex twice a day probably would have sufficed but I appreciate the attention to detail even if it’s not a full breakdown of orifices/manual stimulation.

Someone out there keeps a spreadsheet :ohdear:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Strategic Tea posted:

Oh sure, the victims don't normal out, but everyone else becomes more circumspect so as to not become the next target

Note I don't think this betters society, but bullying absolutely maintains of a certain type of status quo

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The username was definitely violentacrez. I couldn’t read it as violent acres for some reason until I heard it on the news though, for some reason I could never get the space in the right place.

Didn't he also lose his job and complain he couldn't get another one and have to move back in with his mom? lol owned

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
We need more precise bullying,

Automated robotic bullying perhaps? Machines capable of targeting creeps and dunking on them

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Zzulu posted:

We need more precise bullying,

Automated robotic bullying perhaps? Machines capable of targeting creeps and dunking on them

Wider but shallower bullying, like a wet blanket applying gentle oppression on the populace in general?

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
Where the gently caress did you all go to school that bullies weren't also the biggest creeps? Pretty sure calling people slurs and making the kid who likes to read at recess feel like poo poo didn't make anything better for anybody in my school.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Willatron posted:

Where the gently caress did you all go to school that bullies weren't also the biggest creeps? Pretty sure calling people slurs and making the kid who likes to read at recess feel like poo poo didn't make anything better for anybody in my school.

I was friends with a guy who was pretty relentlessly bullied in middle school. The guys would throw footballs and garbage at him (One time so hard he was knocked unconscious) and the girls would take turns catfishing him. We drifted apart because he started to become this violent martial arts obsessed misogynist. He went on to get a girl pregnant and left her with the kid in highschool and in college he ended up raping an old mutual friend of ours.

Abuse can turn some people into monsters. Not everyone turns out like him of course and there are always other factors, but the bullying certainly didn't help.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

This is the story:

Rib Guy sucks but the worst thing about the thread is that they're all praising Rib Guy's writing when it's loving garbage. It just shows how young Reddit is that they lap this poo poo up because I loved a too-long rant/ramble full of quirky asides from someone who thought they were the smartest person for a mile around when I was 15.

Walton Simons fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 22, 2021

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

alexandriao posted:

Someone out there keeps a spreadsheet :ohdear:

When Reddit was new, there used to be an IRC bot on goon channels that would alert you when someone posted a picture they found on reddit. iirc it kept points, so you would know who the real redditors were.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
I sincerely hope nobody took my complaint about “not enough bullying” at face value. I really, really don’t want to start tagging sarcasm like Reddit.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DerekSmartymans posted:

I sincerely hope nobody took my complaint about “not enough bullying” at face value. I really, really don’t want to start tagging sarcasm like Reddit.

They did.

I picked it up though. :)

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

I'm a big fan of bullying people I don't personally agree with and leaving everyone else alone. I think that's the only real way to handle this.

Altho I agree with it not being too useful. It was never bullying that got me to change, it was the moments of sincere reflection or comments made by others I trusted in total lack of maliciousness. Aggression makes it inherently easier to disregard.

Having said that, give the nerds a swirlie imo.

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
Is there an r/bullies? Oh god I hope its like this weird nerd fantasy where people try to roleplay being "the alpha male"

There is an r/bullying but that's more of people being bullied.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Every subreddit is full of nerds trying to be "the alpha male" but they miss the mark because they want to seem cool and tough but they *really* care about their niche sub-divide bullshit, and it's hard to be a real bully when you expose your weak points so vividly.

Posting about how much the losers who don't main Hanzo or whatever are total nerd losers, and how better people main Mercy (I don't know if those are from the same game and I don't care) unlike you losers, but then you can just reply "lol nice character loser" and they'll post ten page rants about how no, you, in fact, are the loser.

It's like shooting fish in a barrel, except they're sharks in a thimble.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

DerekSmartymans posted:

My bad but this is the reddit thread, we very narrowly avoided a circumcision debate some few pages ago.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"
I wonder if it’s possible for this thread to break the “2 posts of content then long derail of bickering about nothing” cycle

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Anyone else remember when the Reddit meta was rocks?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

HEY GUYS THE NARWHAL BACONS AT MIDNIGHT

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Oh HELL YEAH BROTHER

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

I haven't heard this phrase in years and I hate you making me remember it exists

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

quote:

Liberals keep winning elections and ruining my economy
1,338 points 92 comments submitted 22 hours ago by PKAzure64 to r/victoria2

:v:

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

475 thousand times? How the what?

edit: oh okay https://www.reddit.com/r/TITWcommentdump/

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Are those bots?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Why tho? What is the actual point? I genuinely don't understand. Karma I kind of get because something something sell the account to marketers, but some random rear end bot leaderboard?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
there seem to be an entire subreddit dedicated to discussing this... contest

https://www.reddit.com/r/TITWleaderboard/

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog
when are they going to have a bot that tracks the number of times they redefine "petty"

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Reddit shouldn't allow site-wide bots. They're all worthless.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

wa27 posted:

Reddit shouldn't allow site-wide bots. They're all worthless.

I think this is my least favorite thing about reddit beyond the like, massive horror show shits like the pedophiles and serial harassers. No website needs a hundred bots that do nothing but respond to your post to rephrase it like a yoda quote, or a Shakespeare quote, or trying to ask if you're making some kind of sick popular media reference because you used a word a character in ready player one used once.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Nuebot posted:

I think this is my least favorite thing about reddit beyond the like, massive horror show shits like the pedophiles and serial harassers. No website needs a hundred bots that do nothing but respond to your post to rephrase it like a yoda quote, or a Shakespeare quote, or trying to ask if you're making some kind of sick popular media reference because you used a word a character in ready player one used once.

Do they still do the thing where multiple commenters take turns quoting lyrics from a song? IMO that's worse than the bots

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

Don't worry, I'll give you a sign. The sign will be that life is awesome

Slimy Hog posted:

Do they still do the thing where multiple commenters take turns quoting lyrics from a song? IMO that's worse than the bots

So loving irritating. Only the Poem of the Sprog or whatever was more irritating that that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
They could just add an "I get this reference" button to each post.