Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Cantorsdust posted:

Can the ideology leader also be the moral guide or does it have to be two different people?

just checked and no, any pawn can only have one role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Does anyone know if Genetic Rim and that dinosaur mod, and that lovecraft mod are all still around? And the patches that let you genetically splice entities from all 3?

E: I think it's been 4 or 5 years since I last played this lmao.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I feel a fix for this should be in the vanilla game if they are going to allow poly relationships

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Boba Pearl posted:

Does anyone know if Genetic Rim and that dinosaur mod, and that lovecraft mod are all still around? And the patches that let you genetically splice entities from all 3?

the lovecraft mod is kind of literally the foundation for the Ideology DLC, many concepts it introduced are very recognizable. I don't think the original mod author has updated it in a long time but other people have kept it maintained up to at least 1.2, and I expect in a short while someone will do some sort of conversion to the new rules in Ideology.

lunar detritus posted:

I feel a fix for this should be in the vanilla game if they are going to allow poly relationships

what's the problem exactly?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

what's the problem exactly?

The "sleeping alone" thought. They should be able to change bed ownership while in the same bedroom, or have bigger beds. There are mods to add the latter but still.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

But they are sleeping alone, they don’t have anyone to snuggle with :(

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Boba Pearl posted:

Dino mod is still in but Genetic Rim is getting a big overhaul/update over the next few weeks with a lot of new features so isn't working on 1.3 right now.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Yeah then I guess I'll wait for that, it's been 5 years I can wait a month for mods.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

lunar detritus posted:

The "sleeping alone" thought. They should be able to change bed ownership while in the same bedroom, or have bigger beds. There are mods to add the latter but still.

HelloSailorSign posted:

But they are sleeping alone, they don’t have anyone to snuggle with :(
yeah I think that's just how it's supposed to work. "dang, not getting rear end tonight"

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
For the ideology stuff that requires specific clothing, is it required for the pawn to have the role or is there just a mood debuff if they dont have it? My ideology gives a mood buff for wearing cowboy hats and I really dont want to have them wear anything else because....you know....cowboy hats are cool.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

yeah I think that's just how it's supposed to work. "dang, not getting rear end tonight"

I mean, yeah, but it sucks to have to micro the bed assignment.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm so used to prepare carefully its a bit weird starting a colony without it lol

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

TjyvTompa posted:

For the ideology stuff that requires specific clothing, is it required for the pawn to have the role or is there just a mood debuff if they dont have it? My ideology gives a mood buff for wearing cowboy hats and I really dont want to have them wear anything else because....you know....cowboy hats are cool.

Its just a -4 mood debuff if they don't have clothes suited for the role.

Weirdly the game will let you set up conflicting requirements for the base ideology and the special roles that can doom pawns in that role with a permanent -4 mood debuff either for not wearing their role clothes or not being fully covered/nude like the ideology demands.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

lunar detritus posted:

I mean, yeah, but it sucks to have to micro the bed assignment.

you don't, you just throw everyone into a giant room with 10 double beds and ~it just works~. I had a group of 7 all happily jumping from bed to bed and it seemed fine, probably works better the more people you have as long as you avoid the spoilers like Abrasive or the like.

also, aaaaaaaaaa :supaburn:

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
In case anyone was waiting, No Job Authors has been updated. This is one of those mods that's not always useful, but sometimes other mods add in recipes that require something utterly ridiculous like 1800 work to produce a single item. Or sometimes someone with 2 skill in crafting decides they absolutley have to use your last thrumbofur to create a codpiece. Being able to have your dedicated high-skill crafter make it instead of Johnny McFucksUp is useful!

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Brendan Rodgers posted:

When you select the bed, the button that says "for colonists" or whatever, if you click it it should change to "for prisoners".

You're a star, thankyou.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Zore posted:

Its just a -4 mood debuff if they don't have clothes suited for the role.

Weirdly the game will let you set up conflicting requirements for the base ideology and the special roles that can doom pawns in that role with a permanent -4 mood debuff either for not wearing their role clothes or not being fully covered/nude like the ideology demands.

You can turn on dev mode and edit your ideology even after starting the game to fix things like this if you're so inclined

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I just lost a colony because I am a dumbass who forgot how pathing works near caves full of spiders my pawns are dumb, and part of the problem was that these beds weren't reachable, non-prisoner, and in a safe temperature.

Here's the cave, with emergency floor spots, and it's a healthy 59 degrees inside.

NVM, I am even dumber than I thought. I set up a "nobugs" zone and I forgot to invert it after I was through.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

so early into my colony one of my colonists wanted to change their look so I build the styling table except they're now onto collapsing from exhaustion for the second time because they still haven't finished. Is this normal?

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Jose posted:

so early into my colony one of my colonists wanted to change their look so I build the styling table except they're now onto collapsing from exhaustion for the second time because they still haven't finished. Is this normal?

Nah, something's up. Styling table usage is basically instant, I've had women grow full beards in seconds.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

isndl posted:

Nah, something's up. Styling table usage is basically instant, I've had women grow full beards in seconds.

its happening to 2 of my colonists now. I'm not getting anything in the error log either to suggest something is wrong

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
There's an unofficial prepare carefully up

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Jose posted:

its happening to 2 of my colonists now. I'm not getting anything in the error log either to suggest something is wrong

this would sometimes happen in earlier versions if you installed a mod mid-game but I haven't seen this bug in a good while :shrug:

e: not proud of this milestone

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 23, 2021

isndl
May 2, 2012

Jose posted:

What happens if you manually order them to use the table?

Nuclear War posted:

There's an unofficial prepare carefully up

There's been a couple of those, and they all have some degree of bugginess because they're quick hack jobs to port the old version over. :shrug:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Does anybody know how to hold a Jubilee?

There is no "Begin Jubilee of Gobust" command on the campfire.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

isndl posted:

What happens if you manually order them to use the table?

no such luck. Same as using the dev tools to do it. I just uninstalled the table for now

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Is the campfire inside a room? I don't think you can have festivals and rituals outside due to the room requirements on the quality calculation. Alternatively, have you tried a ritual spot instead? I think it's in the 'misc' building menu.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Do people that run Rimatomics also recommend running it with Vanilla Expanded Power? What about Rimfeller? I'm doing my first modded build and it looks like there is some overlap.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Arsenic Lupin posted:

under Misc, place a Ritual Spot, and see if you can start it from there

isndl
May 2, 2012

Jose posted:

no such luck. Same as using the dev tools to do it. I just uninstalled the table for now

Yeah if dev tools aren't working either then you probably have a mod loving everything up, I'd guess either a framework mod or a menu mod. You can also try disabling all your hair mods, since you can change your hair style for free later when you get the styling table working.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

under Misc, place a Ritual Spot, and see if you can start it from there

tyvm.

I just saw a comment on the Steam page. It turns out pretty much all animal training has been nerfed.

sic posted:

So Alpaca, Alphabeaver, Boomalope, Boomrat, Capybara, Caribou, Cassowary, Cobra, Cow, Deer, Elk, Emu, Gazelle, Ibex, Lynx, Ostrich, Raccon, Tortoise, Wild Boar, Bison, Dromedary, Muffalo, Donkey, Horse, Pig, connot be trained anymore at all ,common id love to train a bunch of Boomrats and sick them at enemy or train up a Boar to help me with startring out or commence the Emu war not a fan of this changes

e: Turns out I don't have any drums. RIP my colony's mood.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jul 23, 2021

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

tyvm.

I just saw a comment on the Steam page. It turns out pretty much all animal training has been nerfed.

e: Turns out I don't have any drums. RIP my colony's mood.

Boar is a tragedy, they used to be Advanced trainable and were like the best combat animals/haulers.

RIP :(

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

So, it turns out my particular Jubilee, the Jubilee of Gobust, is started on the campfire, not the ritual spot, and you have to have drums to make it possible. Fortunately, drums aren't under instruments, they're under misc. Lesson learned: take a careful look at all the new Misc stuff.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

note that before embarking, you can reroll those or change them manually to be something you want, or change the schedule or make them 'any time'

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

a sizable patch of the core game just deployed

https://game-updates.info/rimworld?50

quote:

Reduce nutrition required for biosculpting from 20 to 10 for healing and age reversal cycles.
Adjust trees-related thoughts. Negatives for killing trees are reduced. Positives for seeing trees are amplified.
Bug mitigation for null map in QuestPart_SubquestGenerator_RelicHunt.
Fix: Pawns will attempt to harvest trees in growing zomes marked as no cutting.
Imported new player creative content.
Reversed meme order in UI. Low impact at top, high at bottom.
Assign mapPawns.FreeColonistsAndPrisonersSpawned to a local variable in Alert_RitualObligation to avoid repeated expensive calls.
Add caching to pen-related calcualtions related to WorkGiver_TakeToPen to address large performance spikes when having many animals in a pen.
Chance of resentment on failed conversion attempt reduced from 36% to 20%. Chance of fight reduced from 4% to 2%.
If a pawn has sight under 50%, he should gain a psychic sensitivity bonus of up to 50%.
Assign mapPawns.FreeColonistsAndPrisonersSpawned to a local variable in Alert_RitualObligation to avoid repeated expensive calls.
Add caching to pen-related calcualtions related to WorkGiver_TakeToPen to address large performance spikes when having many animals in a pen.
Change back HomeFaction to Faction in JobDriver_TakeToBed, improve related comment.
Changed all culture icon colors to full white.
Changed implementation of delivering pawns to their bed after gladiator duel.
Small optimization: Check a flag before calling a complex function when checking for repeating memes during ideo generation.
Add short comments for couple recent fixes.
Skulls are stackable.
Clarified ’right-click’ info in beggars quest.
Removed duplicate blind check in ThoughtWorker_Dark.
Connecting to a Gauranlen tree gives 25`45% connection strength to the connector depending on ritual quality.
Psychically deaf pawns cannot connect with Gauranlen trees.
Bonsai trees no longer are auto-harvested on reaching max growth.
Added debug tool to stop timed raids once started.
Text fixes for certainty tooltip.
Fix: Missing eye wound graphic and tattoos visible on beheaded pawn.
Fix: ’The maximum number of (role) is xx’ flickering on edit ritual dialog.
Fix: Dueling slaves without beds assigned results in errors.
Fix: Possible string concatenation issue.
Fix: Failing to generate a new unique name for a precept can leave it with a null name.
Fix: When a styled standing lamp is failed to build, a non-styled blueprint replaces it.
Fix: Inverted desired connection strength check in alert.
Fix: Slave ideo buildings lacking causes empty alert.
Fix: Another quest node relating to animals could possibly use dryads.
Fix: Dryads can show up as animals for hospitality quests.
Fix: Cannibal tribes can sometimes generate without cannibal precept.
Fix: Sterilized roosters can still fertilize eggs.
Fix: Female pawns can infrequently gain beards on style change.
Fix: Exception when selecting leader with building precept that has no requirements.
Fix: Wrong zone checked for auto cut.
Fix: Duplicate building precepts from multiple ideos only shows first building in architect menu.
Fix: Missing body parts constantly draw bandages on pawns. Now they go away once it has been tended to.
Fix: Typos.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Do people that run Rimatomics also recommend running it with Vanilla Expanded Power? What about Rimfeller? I'm doing my first modded build and it looks like there is some overlap.

I would recommend running both Vanilla Expanded Power and Rimefeller with Rimatomics, yes, but that might just be my playstyle. You're going to want a lot of power in the first place in order to produce the materials to get a reactor up and running, let alone one of the bigger reactors. You're also probably going to want emergency backup power wired into the reactor complex itself in order to cold start after a solar flare or accident (I usually use Rimefeller's chemfuel generators for this). I would also strongly recommend the parallel power mod (I think that's what it's called) which lets you run different sets of wires over each other without their power grids linking up.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Rimworld: Skulls are stackable.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
Huh, my cannibals get pissed off because i butchered humanlike. what?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Nuclear War posted:

Huh, my cannibals get pissed off because i butchered humanlike. what?

No substitutes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Arsenic Lupin posted:

So, it turns out my particular Jubilee, the Jubilee of Gobust, is started on the campfire, not the ritual spot, and you have to have drums to make it possible. Fortunately, drums aren't under instruments, they're under misc. Lesson learned: take a careful look at all the new Misc stuff.

search bar is great, i had no idea where pillows were