Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mons Hubris posted:

Luchasaurus?

His entire species was wiped out when that meteor hit, so I guess that's pretty tragic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Days without goons wishing death on a professional wrestler

3 0

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

NienNunb posted:

4 0

To be fair, he's also a political figure, so that also resets the Days Without Goons Wishing Death On A Politician board from its previous state of 0

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Miro and Punk never overlapped in WWE did they? That could be a good feud and another great victory for the Redeemer.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Pylons posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZrUIdIcJgs

They uploaded the unedited version of the Santana and Ortiz/FTR press conference.

Jesus, if they'd only played the whole thing. There is so much passion and energy here.

Santana going "enough of this 'wrestling'" is just loving perfect.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Pylons posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZrUIdIcJgs

They uploaded the unedited version of the Santana and Ortiz/FTR press conference.

Holy poo poo. I thought maybe the promo went tits up after Santana brought the photos out but actually he just obliterated FTR. Absolutely loving annihilated them on the mic

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

People make the comparison of modern WWE to latter day WCW, but right now AEW is really hitting the feel I had for WWE in 2000.

I recall being in MSG, waiting to be let in for Royal Rumble 2000. Chris Jericho was the latest big acquisition to jump to the company from WCW and was figuring himself out, but there was the open secret that ECW's Taz was going to be the mystery opponent against Kurt Angle on the show, which itself was exciting. The waiting fans chanted "WE WANT TAZ!" until it died down. Then they started chanting "WE WANT BENOIT!" because the garbage fire of WCW was letting some of their most talented and underutilized guys sneak out the door to WWF. He and the others wouldn't be showing up for a week or so, but whatever. They were probably on their way and there was so much potential on the horizon.

All this, plus I was about to check out an exciting product that didn't need all these new names, but was still better for it.

AEW has me pumped and a bit nostalgic, is what I'm saying.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Lamuella posted:

Jesus, if they'd only played the whole thing. There is so much passion and energy here.

Santana going "enough of this 'wrestling'" is just loving perfect.

Hot take: Santana should be given promo time every episode.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

This was, incidentally, the show that got me into wrestling. Even today, the theatre and spectacle are really excellent.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Miro and Punk never overlapped in WWE did they? That could be a good feud and another great victory for the Redeemer.

Rusev's main roster debut was the 2014 Rumble, Punk's last match. Punk helped eliminate him, since they were doing the "multiple guys need to work together to throw out the hoss" spot.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CopywrightMMXI posted:

funny enough, Punk was the man who told Miro in his inaugral Royal Rumble "you have to do something big. you need to come after me" which he did, and then Punk left WWE forever. So if anything, would be fitting for Miro to come after him once more to finish the job.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

NienNunb posted:

3 0

I'm not WISHING it. It's a Rush Limbaugh situation where nature will take it's course, and then I'll be happy. Also I take no issue with him as a wrestler, just a mass murder endorsing, poor hating CHUD who is almost certainly responsible for at least some covid deaths. I guess my empathy ends when someone makes it clear they don't have any for anyone.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

that’s..that’s gotta be KANE!!!!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

They already have a Kane on the roster, Luke Gallows.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/serenadeeb/status/1418588794777972740?s=21

Volume warning, but this is interesting.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Remember that book about Kane's backstory that WWE published where Kane was like a cursed child who lived in a box or whatever cause his whole family died, and then somehow became a well adjusted high school jock until Katie Vick died and then he became feral mountain man eating squirrels and making GBS threads in a cave for several years until he somehow got a job as a dock worker and then saw the Undertaker on TV and was like "I think that's my brother, I need to murder him" and then Paul Bearer drugged him up on chemicals and sent him to some South American death squad training camp where he fought Gene Snitsky until he was an unstoppable killing machine and then he went to WWE and had the inferno match that the book itself described as "disappointing"

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Everybody trying to ripoff the :honk: all of a sudden

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Drakkel posted:

Remember that book about Kane's backstory that WWE published where Kane was like a cursed child who lived in a box or whatever cause his whole family died, and then somehow became a well adjusted high school jock until Katie Vick died and then he became feral mountain man eating squirrels and making GBS threads in a cave for several years until he somehow got a job as a dock worker and then saw the Undertaker on TV and was like "I think that's my brother, I need to murder him" and then Paul Bearer drugged him up on chemicals and sent him to some South American death squad training camp where he fought Gene Snitsky until he was an unstoppable killing machine and then he went to WWE and had the inferno match that the book itself described as "disappointing"

Wait. What? Was this real?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Vince MechMahon posted:

I think it was called Journey into Darkness???

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Vince MechMahon posted:

Journey into Darkness is the book. Come for the Katie Vick retcons, stay for Paul Bearer making Kane fight dudes in complete darkness in Spain.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

stay for Paul Bearer making Kane fight dudes in complete darkness in Spain.

i thought the NJPW Strong dojo was in LA

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/AndrewZarian/status/1418352552211619840

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

projecthalaxy posted:

Journey into Darkness is the book. Come for the Katie Vick retcons, stay for Paul Bearer making Kane fight dudes in complete darkness in Spain.

The Attitude Era Podcast readthrough of JiD is incredible. It's such a baffling piece of fiction: https://soundcloud.com/the-attitude-era-podcast/journey-into-darkness

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Vince MechMahon posted:

I'm not WISHING it. It's a Rush Limbaugh situation where nature will take it's course, and then I'll be happy. Also I take no issue with him as a wrestler, just a mass murder endorsing, poor hating CHUD who is almost certainly responsible for at least some covid deaths. I guess my empathy ends when someone makes it clear they don't have any for anyone.

I think people just don't want to read your "The Secret" vision board of people who you want god to take.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I do

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
If they don’t license Final Countdown for Danielson then I hope BBT uses his time Warner connections to get the original Elmer Fudd version of his WWE theme.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
MDK motherfuckers

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Wow a Chia Pet wrote that novel thats crazy

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
everybody tell me who you wanna kill

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Welp those buyers have officially backed out. So I'm still stuck in Louisiana for the time being. The buyers said they might be interested again and then later when I asked for an update said I was too pushy.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Penguin Patrol posted:

MDK motherfuckers

Hold up. The ring announcer got his Kane fanfic published?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Shard posted:

Welp those buyers have officially backed out. So I'm still stuck in Louisiana for the time being. The buyers said they might be interested again and then later when I asked for an update said I was too pushy.
what

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 30 days!)

Punk getting squashed by Miro immediately then Hardy coming out to mock him for biting the Hardy style or whatever would be good. Let Punk exit with a win over Hardy who seems to have no problem putting young talent over (which I think is the easiest mark of a HoF talent)

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Rumours on Twitter (Prowrestling Scene? Never heard of them?) that it's being reported that Tony's announcement will be a UK tour. My little AEW groupchat is going crazy with plotting already.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

he's showing us his list

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Grem posted:

Punk getting squashed by Miro immediately then Hardy coming out to mock him for biting the Hardy style or whatever would be good. Let Punk exit with a win over Hardy who seems to have no problem putting young talent over (which I think is the easiest mark of a HoF talent)

what in the world

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 30 days!)

CM Punk is a young talent.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Penguin Patrol posted:

everybody tell me who you wanna kill

Ok Jared from Subway but that's it

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Acaila posted:

Rumours on Twitter (Prowrestling Scene? Never heard of them?) that it's being reported that Tony's announcement will be a UK tour. My little AEW groupchat is going crazy with plotting already.

I've definitely been suspecting a Winter is Coming tour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shard posted:

These vlog storylines are starting to get kinda weird tbh