Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

This is such awesome info. Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Marco Andretti got an SRX win on Saturday. And Paul Tracy got pretty upset over getting wrecked when he tried to block the inside lane a couple times.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Marco Andretti got an SRX win on Saturday. And Paul Tracy got pretty upset over getting wrecked when he tried to block the inside lane a couple times.

Tracy got pissy with Hailie Deegan after the race in the SRX trailer too. It’s in her vlog from the SRX race this week. He comes off as a huge baby and everyone else had her back.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

Douchebag posted:

Tracy got pissy with Hailie Deegan after the race in the SRX trailer too. It’s in her vlog from the SRX race this week. He comes off as a huge baby and everyone else had her back.

lmao this makes the whole series worth watching imo

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Looks like jack Harvey just got booted for Helio next year at MSR.

Ordered my tickets for the indycar/nationwide doubleheader, anyone else going?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

devmd01 posted:

Looks like jack Harvey just got booted for Helio next year at MSR.

fired, or leaving? the rumors are he might be going to RLL to replace Sato.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

harperdc posted:

fired, or leaving? the rumors are he might be going to RLL to replace Sato.

First sentence of this article sure makes it sound like leaving, yeah.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

IOwnCalculus posted:

First sentence of this article sure makes it sound like leaving, yeah.

https://twitter.com/jack_harvey42/status/1418278041168531457/photo/1

The next to last paragraph sounds like Harvey is keeping autonation sponsorship, so that seems like a move to Andretti, not RLL. Especially since Rahal owns quite a number of dealerships — would they accept a sponsor that competes with themselves?

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Arrow McLaren SP is hiring an IT Admin. It’s a drat shame that there’s no way they could/would pay me enough, plus the extensive travel is a non-starter now that I have 3 kids. From reading the listing, it sounds like McLaren proper has fully taken over their IT infrastructure.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/racermag/status/1421422920627277826

quote:

But when cancer and leukemia decide to gang up on you then everything changes and you are suddenly lining up up in a heat race with The Grim Reaper. Might be a 50-lapper, could be an enduro or you might get lucky and run for a year or two.

My situation is pretty cut and dried. There is no cure for my illness but it can be treated, and I spent lots of hours at the clinic in Greenwood, Indiana with an awesome staff of doctors and nurses.

gently caress. Let’s hope Robin can get strong enough to at least get to one more race in-person.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
this is gonna be chaos lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqXc__Tu_DE

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
If you hate passing, do we have a track for you?!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
what the gently caress, this would be an embarrassing track in formula e

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

much like Monaco, it's about seeing the cars in that backdrop versus it being the Best Racing Circuit Possible.

Vasukhani posted:

:gritin:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
I'm excited to go, it'll be my first street circuit.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

harperdc posted:

gently caress. Let’s hope Robin can get strong enough to at least get to one more race in-person.

sadly, for people who need chemo or have immune issues, in-person things will probably not be a thing again.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Vasukhani posted:

If you think Indycar is gonna be chaos, SRO GT America is running their inaugural race, GT3, GT2, and GT4 multiclass, single driver 40 minute races, bronze drivers only.

They're putting dentists on this track for the first race of the series. :stare:

E:also I think the runs across the bridge could make for some decent passing opportunities, I hope at least. I love the elevation change, which I was not expecting.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
Trans am also has like 40 cars showing up, if I understood the entry list.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

If you think Indycar is gonna be chaos, SRO GT America is running their inaugural race, GT3, GT2, and GT4 multiclass, single driver 40 minute races, bronze drivers only.

They're putting dentists on this track for the first race of the series. :stare:

:eek: Looks like just one GT2, at least (pdf). Can't imagine you could add many more without the whole race being red flags.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

E:also I think the runs across the bridge could make for some decent passing opportunities, I hope at least. I love the elevation change, which I was not expecting.

:gritin:

Vasukhani posted:

sadly, for people who need chemo or have immune issues, in-person things will probably not be a thing again.

that's very true. at least it appears Miller is well enough to do some writing again, Racer said his mailbag column is coming back soon. regardless of opinion on that at least it's a decent sign.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

marshalljim posted:

:eek: Looks like just one GT2, at least (pdf). Can't imagine you could add many more without the whole race being red flags.

Wait so are these all racing together for overall, or is the GT2 racing against itself?

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Vasukhani posted:

Wait so are these all racing together for overall, or is the GT2 racing against itself?

The GT2 will be racing itself. It'll be on track with everyone else, but in a race of 1 in class

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

The GT2 will be racing itself. It'll be on track with everyone else, but in a race of 1 in class

ah, my favorite aspect of American sports car racing. Got to see the two corvettes race each other a few weeks ago.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
You can almost guarantee a weekend of red flags

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/IndyCar/status/1423743911130980353?s=19

:stare:

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Yeah this race might just be a disaster.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Space Racist posted:

Yeah this race might just be a disaster.

I get to see it in person!!

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
A friend of mine just told me that Mario crashed the 2 seater today. Don't have a source other than word of mouth but drat, this circuit even caught Mario out

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

A friend of mine just told me that Mario crashed the 2 seater today. Don't have a source other than word of mouth but drat, this circuit even caught Mario out

Found this searching twitter. Looks like it. https://twitter.com/ExeBrett/status/1423887437156257792

Also dang there have been a lot of crashes in practice and quals today. That late set of crashes at the end of practice kinda bodes poorly for restarts tomorrow.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
Herta though, the race is gonna be a legendary one I feel

Cataffy
Aug 12, 2008
Feel like at front or way back is where you wanna be for lap 1. Everything in between is going to be a massacre. And barring multi-car pileup, all it takes is one car to completely block the track at so many places. Race going long for sure.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Herta mushroom stamped the entire field in quali, holy poo poo

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
gt america race had a car fishtail and spin out into another car just from trying to brake during the bumpiness off the bridge and because it's gt america that lead to 2/3 of the race being under a safety car

small preview for tomorrow i guess!

they managed to restart the race and then the race leader accelerated too fast getting onto the bridge and spun into the wall

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Aug 8, 2021

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
The Trans Am race was pretty interesting. There was a race-long 4 or 5 car train up front battling for the lead, but passing only happened with mistakes. Rafa Matos started 17th and got up to 2nd before some contact put him down the order again. Adam Andretti was leading before a belt snapped and KO'd him. A fair number of cars were spinning and binning, but only two or three cautions for them not being able to clear themselves out of the way. Lap traffic made things interesting for the leaders! A good race in the end.

Also, SST continues to kick major rear end!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l9t2L-Nz2o

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

abraham linksys posted:

gt america race had a car fishtail and spin out into another car just from trying to brake during the bumpiness off the bridge and because it's gt america that lead to 2/3 of the race being under a safety car

small preview for tomorrow i guess!

they managed to restart the race and then the race leader accelerated too fast getting onto the bridge and spun into the wall

To be fair GT America is all bronze drivers that are much more prone to those kind of mistakes. It looked like an optimistic half-hearted attempt at an overtake that are a bronze driver's signature finishing move.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
McLaren goes from glorified sponsor of Arrow SP to basically an Indycar factory team.

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/1424384930168152068

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?

WindyMan posted:

McLaren goes from glorified sponsor of Arrow SP to basically an Indycar factory team.

This is good. Indycar is defiantly on the rise. Also the F1 budget cap helps spread some money around.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

WindyMan posted:

I'm being pedantic but how are they a factory team if they arent making the chasis or the engine?

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Basticle posted:

I'm being pedantic but how are they a factory team if they arent making the chasis or the engine?

2023 car just dropped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Vasukhani posted:

2023 car just dropped

Throw that in with an aero screen and proper modern CF chassis, hell yeah