Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Crimson Peak has been on my watchlist forever, I'll queue that up next :cheers:

:sickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

The bit where Owen Wilson talks about being asked if he's ever played Hamlet was so sweet.

Would love to have seen Hiddleston's take, especially when directed by Branagh. (Oh, and they were in Wallander together, which I did not know.)

Part 2 of the soundtrack releases tomorrow, I think. Can't wait.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Spacebump posted:

Now go watch Volcano to relive 1997's Hollywood volcano movie battle.

The MTA guy getting consumed by the lava in the subway tunnel is permanently etched into my psyche.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Hiddleston’s Loki was wasted in all the prime MCI films he was in.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Jet Jaguar posted:

The bit where Owen Wilson talks about being asked if he's ever played Hamlet was so sweet.

Would love to have seen Hiddleston's take, especially when directed by Branagh. (Oh, and they were in Wallander together, which I did not know.)

Part 2 of the soundtrack releases tomorrow, I think. Can't wait.

Edit: They worked together on Thor.

swickles fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jul 23, 2021

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Gonz posted:

The MTA guy getting consumed by the lava in the subway tunnel is permanently etched into my psyche.

Was the other one with the granny who got her legs dissolved by the acid lake?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

FogHelmut posted:

Was the other one with the granny who got her legs dissolved by the acid lake?

Dante’s Peak grandma getting melted in the acid lake was Dante’s Peak.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Huh, a 'Fury's Big Week' episode?

That was a tie-in comic that looked at what SHIELD was up to behind-the-scenes for the in-universe week that Incredible Hulk, IM2, and Thor all happened. I wonder how that's going to become an Agatha Christie style whodunnit.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Killer robot posted:

The main non-Marvel movie I remember him in is High-Rise, which is interesting since it feels like "Oh, neat topical dystopian movie with a retro 1970s setting" but then you find out it's an adaptation of a 1970s novel that was just in development hell for 40 years with the same director.

Uh, what? Ben Wheatley's only 48.

But yeah High Rise is good, Night Manager is great. I saw Hiddleston do Coriolanus a few years back which was fantastic. He's also in a Jim Jarmusch film called Only Lovers Left Alive with Tilda Swinton where they play vampires. I remember it being slow but absolutely gorgeous.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Party Boat posted:

Uh, what? Ben Wheatley's only 48.

But yeah High Rise is good, Night Manager is great. I saw Hiddleston do Coriolanus a few years back which was fantastic. He's also in a Jim Jarmusch film called Only Lovers Left Alive with Tilda Swinton where they play vampires. I remember it being slow but absolutely gorgeous.

My mistake, producer. Jeremy Thomas had been chasing after making a movie adaptation since 1979 but it never came together until Wheatley met up with him.

Also ran across this preview of things to come:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The best actor was the guy they introduced at the very last episode, fortunately he seems to be coming back in the future

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Loki was a pretty good TV show, but man, the actress for female Loki was pretty terrible. Tom and Owen were awesome though, although I felt Loki was not quite himself in the entire series.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Zzulu posted:

The best actor was the guy they introduced at the very last episode, fortunately he seems to be coming back in the future

Richard E Grant was in the 5th episode though...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Vol. 2 of the Loki soundtrack is out now. Classic Builds and He Who Remains are great tracks.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

The_Doctor posted:

Vol. 2 of the Loki soundtrack is out now. Classic Builds and He Who Remains are great tracks.

A lot of them are great tracks. It can go from terrifying to goofy in a heartbeat. (Alligator Bite for instance)
And I love the churchy way the TVA theme is played out in 'Be'

DeafNote fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jul 23, 2021

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

swickles posted:

Richard E Grant was in the 5th episode though...

I love Tom Hiddleston, but Richard E. Grant knocked it out of the park just in the few minutes his character got.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Sockser posted:

Hiddleston’s Loki was wasted in all the prime MCI films he was in.

"Two hours of screentime in ten years" is loving wild.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
He did the best he could with the terrible Dark World movie too

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Oasx posted:

I love Tom Hiddleston, but Richard E. Grant knocked it out of the park just in the few minutes his character got.

The one thing I liked about Grant was that the show did a lot of "showing" instead of "telling" with his character, when they made sure to do an almost excessive amount of "telling" with the others.

The subtle touches like inflections on certain words, his facial expressions, and the fact that his distraction was an intricate recreation of every inch of Asgard despite having never stepped foot there for thousands of years.

The time-travel stuff and weird technology rules kind of make sense to repeat in excruciating detail, but some of the character moments (like everyone repeating to Sylvie "You can't trust anyone! That's your character flaw!" over and over) didn't need to be spelled out as much as they did.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

henpod posted:

Loki was a pretty good TV show, but man, the actress for female Loki was pretty terrible. Tom and Owen were awesome though, although I felt Loki was not quite himself in the entire series.

Wasn't that kind of the point of his arc, though? Loki gets told and shown that "being himself" is being someone who is suppose to bring pain, misery and death to make other people be better. So Loki doesn't really want to be that guy anymore but isn't really sure who he does want to be.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

henpod posted:

Loki was a pretty good TV show, but man, the actress for female Loki was pretty terrible.

Terrible opinion holy poo poo

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

henpod posted:

:females:

Get bent, Sophia Di Martino was great.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

BonoMan posted:

Terrible opinion holy poo poo

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I want an artbook goddammit! :bahgawd:

https://twitter.com/wesburt/status/1418382091360694274

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Nobody in the show did particularly poorly. Pretty fun ride all around.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I hope alligator loki gets a god drat Emmy

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I hope alligator loki gets a god drat Emmy

Like his own? Or was it just in a hand he bit off someone?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

"Two hours of screentime in ten years" is loving wild.

That really threw me off but it can’t be right. Huge character in each Thor movie and main villain in The Avengers and that’s a lot of screen time.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Anita Dickinme posted:

That really threw me off but it can’t be right. Huge character in each Thor movie and main villain in The Avengers and that’s a lot of screen time.

Luckily the MCU is huge enough that someone is definitely broken-brained enough to keep track of this poo poo.

MCU character screen times up to Far From Home

It's basically an hour and a half actually, he gets like 20 minutes of screentime in the Thors and Avengers each and about 5 minutes in Infinity War/Endgame.

Someone made a chart too

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

pik_d posted:

Why not both?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ror posted:

Luckily the MCU is huge enough that someone is definitely broken-brained enough to keep track of this poo poo.

MCU character screen times up to Far From Home

It's basically an hour and a half actually, he gets like 20 minutes of screentime in the Thors and Avengers each and about 5 minutes in Infinity War/Endgame.

Someone made a chart too

That is insane… also the amount of screen time Loki actually has is kind of eye opening. But he has more than I thought he would compared to other actors.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Anita Dickinme posted:

That is insane… also the amount of screen time Loki actually has is kind of eye opening. But he has more than I thought he would compared to other actors.

Main antagonist in Thor and The Avengers. Secondary character/antagonist in Thor 2 and 3 along with short scenes in Infinity War and Endgame. It adds up.

You want a weird mind blower? Scott Lang has 113.25 minutes, 30 seconds more than Natasha Romanoff's 112.75. Romanoff was at least a secondary character in Iron Man 2, all four Avengers movies and two of the Captain America movies. Scott Lang was in both Ant-man movies and a secondary/tertiary character in Civil War and Endgame.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Is that including the Black Widow movie?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

No

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I come bearing glad tidings, friend!

https://www.disneyplusinformer.com/marvels-loki-the-art-of-the-series-book-now-available-for-pre-order/

Amazon says it's out in May 2020 and not November, though. Stupid COVID ruining all the schedules!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Jet Jaguar posted:

Amazon says it's out in May 2020 and not November, though. Stupid COVID ruining all the schedules!

This loving year will never end! :negative:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Oh yay, Wandavision is getting one next year!

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

pik_d posted:

Don Cheadle's.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Everyone posted:

Main antagonist in Thor and The Avengers. Secondary character/antagonist in Thor 2 and 3 along with short scenes in Infinity War and Endgame. It adds up.

You want a weird mind blower? Scott Lang has 113.25 minutes, 30 seconds more than Natasha Romanoff's 112.75. Romanoff was at least a secondary character in Iron Man 2, all four Avengers movies and two of the Captain America movies. Scott Lang was in both Ant-man movies and a secondary/tertiary character in Civil War and Endgame.

The main character in two movies having less than two hours of total screen time is more surprising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

live with fruit posted:

The main character in two movies having less than two hours of total screen time is more surprising.

They’re short snappy movies and as much about the Pym/Van Dyne family as they are about Scott though.