Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dmitri-9 posted:

Get in the loving robot Pablo

I will eventually, right now I’m mainlining the DS Dragon Quest remakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Shipon posted:

if i dont' hear "go on a diet you fat bitch" as one of them i'm gonna be pissed

*guitar riff*

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I will eventually, right now I’m mainlining the DS Dragon Quest remakes

Which one are you on? 5 is an all time favorite, I wish they'd release them on the switch though.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Which one are you on? 5 is an all time favorite, I wish they'd release them on the switch though.

In the past few weeks I beat 4 and 5 (out of order though) and I’m onto 6 now. 5 is one of my favorites of all time

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Xaris posted:

yeah it appears the direct link from soundcloud doesn't last because it was for me and not now -- i'll look into it. maybe there's another easy free host that has more permanent mp3 links. appreciate checking, it's not a problem on your end.

update: I think I found an alternative, do me a favor and check it tomorrow or in like 1 hr. I believe I fixed it but may take a little bit for pocketcasts to figure out the new links. I would like to know why Blowback didnt work for you and maybe I hosed up the xml code or something -- what player are you using?

I used pocket for hell of presidents

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Xaris posted:

i put together an rss feed for Hell of Presidents, someone who doesn't use Pocket Casts see if this poo poo works for you. https://raw.githubusercontent.com/xarisis/sapodacasts/main/hopre.xml

I probably have to make several sound cloud accounts to keep it going but oh well. not sure how long those direct content delivery links are good for either

Thank you king. I really enjoyed the first episode.

Stato-Masochist
Aug 22, 2010

the air is fresh, there's plenty of parking, plenty of space to walk around

Shipon posted:

if i dont' hear "go on a diet you fat bitch" as one of them i'm gonna be pissed

failing to do this for taft would be a criminal oversight

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
oh hell yes, new Death is Just Around the Corner is out. friday night motherfuckers, time to haul some cargo in Snowrunner and podcast.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Xaris posted:

oh hell yes, new Death is Just Around the Corner is out. friday night motherfuckers, time to haul some cargo in Snowrunner and podcast.

This but with farming all the innocents off the gear trove I got last night in Disgaea.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/triinkets/status/1407865002619461635?s=19

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Duhhh Lena Dunham speaking as uhhhh a fellow creative I suggest definitely keeping that bit in your memoir about shoving rocks in your sister’s pussy.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

*guitar riff*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWICOht1Ago

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lol

https://twitter.com/skepticalspice/status/1418781661802676230?s=21

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

since the jackass trailer just came out i remembered this from february 2020

https://twitter.com/NotTruByTheWay/status/1233941180972437504

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I really liked when Liz talked about how bullshit "internet/twitter isn't real life" statements are. I've always thought that was incredibly stupid. People are plugged into the internet most of the day and it's where most people get most of their information now. Acting like it's somehow some unimportant un-serious thing is just transparently absurd.

Also was good when Brace went off on all the liberal Cuba discourse.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no. it's not important and not serious, except for when you're talking to people you actually know. it's the modern version of going down to the truck stop and getting really pissed off that someone wrote 'shut up loser' under your poem on the inside of the bathroom stall. or the equivalent of a bulletin board which is entirely ads from big companies and the occasional lost dog flyer that we all pretend is actually totally candid conversations by people Just Like Us.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
larry did you create poetry in the men's room

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Pablo Nergigante posted:

This. The best ones are about 19th-early 20th century weirdos or the ones they’ve been doing lately about people like Reagan and Ross Perot

Yeah the Reagan one with Patton Oswalt was great. As well as NYC sanitation live. Also almost anything recorded in Australia.

Having guests can prevent them from doing the play-acting riffs for too long. Dollop is best when it’s earnest reactions to unbelievable idiocy/horror, not repeating funny voices at each other.

I’d say my fave ep of all time was probably Toxic Woman of Riverside. The mystery and slowly unraveling reveal of that episode is probably the best in the podcast’s run.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Ytlaya posted:

I really liked when Liz talked about how bullshit "internet/twitter isn't real life" statements are. I've always thought that was incredibly stupid. People are plugged into the internet most of the day and it's where most people get most of their information now. Acting like it's somehow some unimportant un-serious thing is just transparently absurd.

I think twitter is not a good example of this: twitter is generally for niche academic-educated libs who probably work in tech or advertising and love mad men or west wing too much. like i work on a ton of construction sites and virtually nobody uses twitter, and whenever i have conversations like bringing up podcasts the most anyone has ever done is like "oh yeah podcasts? yeah i listen to a few, hey you ever hear of joe rogan???". if I had to guess, most other wageslave workers are not twittering either and probably about the same.

larger internet, yeah sure, absolutely and it's silly to pretend like it's a niche nerd gizmo. An shitton of gen x/baby boombers use facebook/nextdoor/msnbc.com/nyt/fox/et al constantly (often just as much or more than goons use the forums, it's actually insane), as well as virtually every zoomer and most millennials are plugged-in in a myriad number of ways. but it's effective role has largely just been replacing the 24/7 cable TV network that people would turn on cnn during dinner or watch daily show or whatever. It is absolutely an information resource; one typically just as hosed up as traditional news with a whole lotta bullshit from russiagate peddling to whatever latest conservative moral panic to repeating state department propaganda; but with potential to be actually good for information.

Certainly if you're a pedophiliac corporate elite billionaire who owns dozen massive news and social media outlets, you can absolutely sway and nudge people around to kowtowing to your liking to some degree, and it works well for that purpose and i think that was also liz's point is the use in propaganda and driving the status quo and buying consent for wars/coups/loving people over. If you aren't said elite, then that's where its usefulness ends and there's no "posting2praxis" or anything that is useful for the 'masses' to harness. and that's the real caveat is that it's not an organizing or activist resource.

this is getting more into the matt christman dialectical sermon of "log the gently caress off" though. its unquestionably the largest in the west as an "information" (lol) system, but i'm not sure it's more than that.

the adjective of 'unimportant' is a whole different can of putrefying worms and probably just semantics here. like say the internet shuts off tomorrow, what happens? does the world get worse? do all the exploited workers suddenly get together? i'd wager no, the system has continued grinding everything into an ever increasing fine paste -- with and without the internet.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
what i took from that is that the internet is a defacto surveillance mechanism for the state, social media companies are, second to their primary purpose of selling advertising, there to allow the authorities to monitor the zeitgeist so to speak. you're a fool to think your communications are not being monitored and logged, so if you hope for any political change you cannot do it online

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
The internet is good when I get emptyquoted, bad when I get emptyquoted in a mean way

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
if Twitter didn’t matter there would not be such obvious narrative massaging handled by both the canonical Twitter news feed but especially by astroturfed accounts.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
If Twitter mattered Biden wouldn't be president.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
The internet:

https://i.imgur.com/ans37iL.mp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTIe0Uevuw4

Jeff Fatwood has issued a correction as of 08:51 on Jul 24, 2021

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Gareth Reynolds is funny when he's reacting to things and generally dire when he's actually trying to be funny.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

Gareth Reynolds is funny when he's reacting to things and generally dire when he's actually trying to be funny.

The Gareth Reynolds job on any two-man story podcast is tougher than it sounds and he's probably the best I've heard at it. The jokes don't don't always land but the energy keeps moving.

WTYP seems like an example of where you don't have a good Gareth Reynolds, just twelve idiots and the dad.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Often Abbreviated posted:

The Gareth Reynolds job on any two-man story podcast is tougher than it sounds and he's probably the best I've heard at it. The jokes don't don't always land but the energy keeps moving.

WTYP seems like an example of where you don't have a good Gareth Reynolds, just twelve idiots and the dad.

being a professional means hitting the ground running, even if Jose is making a stink of things because he decided to fart or something

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Xaris posted:

are you on the right feed? e: ah i see what you mean, huh. did htey gate all the old ones? i thougth they were all free, that must be new. i dont use the public feed but i recall that they had all of them up and patreon was just "early acces" to new episodes

i'm actually an EU patreon so i'll just PM you to my patreon rss (although I may cancel that one in the near-future, we'll see. I don't really listen to it anymore because it's largely all stuff I already know).

nice, thanks. cancel it if you want, i was mostly looking for clips that i think would convince normies.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

inferis posted:

since the jackass trailer just came out i remembered this from february 2020

https://twitter.com/NotTruByTheWay/status/1233941180972437504
grandma has opinions on jackass

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

oh my god he was in gossip girl?????

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Ytlaya posted:

it’s kind of funny how stuck in your ways people can be about the Internet, young as it is. All over Something Awful is this pervasive boomer attitude that Twitter is “only for such and such” or “only such and such uses Twitter”

Twitter is one of the world’s foremost major media platforms. Absolutely everyone uses Twitter. Every major media outlet from TV to radio uses Twitter, refers to tweets, or even reports on who is and not retweeting what. Twitter is a crucial part of the modern day discourse and has been for at minimum 5 years. Just look at how Twitter impacted US politics from 2014-2020 and really try to convince anyone it’s not real life.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

peace unto you if you can just chill out, jeez

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
lmao speaking of brace and liz people got mad at them earlier because the nytimes posted an article about some 13 year old girl who was groomed by adults to do sex work while underage and he wasn't having any of that

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Bust Rodd posted:

Twitter is one of the world’s foremost major media platforms. Absolutely everyone uses Twitter. Every major media outlet from TV to radio uses Twitter, refers to tweets, or even reports on who is and not retweeting what.

Two truths sandwiching a lie, here. Twitter is important and relevant to ~the discourse~ but it has by far the smallest user base of the big platforms, less than 200 million. Facebook and Instagram are measured in the capital B Billions. Media uses Twitter, people who care about media or who want to interact with media use Twitter, but that's still a minority of clout chasers, politicians, spooks and journalists. Normies go elsewhere to talk about antivax and sell each other candles.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

You should probably add the part where the writer implies that the 13 year old was told, over and over again, that she couldn't secure a living on other fields as a transperson after being kicked out by her family, which is kind of horrifying but where most of the heat is coming from.

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1418857851456352256?s=19

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1418870072055984128?s=19

Kunster has issued a correction as of 13:09 on Jul 24, 2021

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Kunster posted:

You should probably add the part where the writer implies that the 13 year old was told, over and over again, that she couldn't secure a living on other fields as a transperson after being kicked out by her family, which is kind of horrifying but where most of the heat is coming from.

those kids in the textile mills needed the money to survive, so it was actually good that they had dangerous jobs there

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Kunster posted:

why did you post this? the tweets were deleted

TheDoublePivot
Feb 27, 2013

I would like a link to the fishing thread

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Durf posted:

Yeah the Reagan one with Patton Oswalt was great. As well as NYC sanitation live. Also almost anything recorded in Australia.

NYC Sanitation was the first live one I went to. Was super fun even though I had to stand the whole time because the venue had way too few chairs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Post the deleted tweets I need to know if brace needs bumped up on the bimbofication quene.