Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

XMNN posted:

one of the most insane bits of the covid conspiracy theory to me is the idea that the government is desperate to shut down everything in the face of them consistently failing to shut down anything until they actually have ro

My favourite was regarding vaccine passports because

Certification
Of
Vaccination
Identity
Document

Despite maintaining a global conspiracy where every medical professional and healthcare worker across the planet has been coerced into a veil of secrecy, the Illuminati love to reveal their plan through lovely acrostics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

crispix posted:

i mean given the value to suppliers of supermarket shelf space, you would know something was wrong even by there being one brand of cereal spread over two shelves

was the supermarket chain stewarts crazy prices? :corsair:

It was. That place was so badly run it was no wonder Tesco shut it down not longer after the buyout.

They used to have an electronics aisle of empty boxes, with the actual contents being held in a locked cage in the warehouse. Only a couple of employees had access to the cage. One of them who'd been there for years and was well-liked and trusted was an absolute crook, who had an elaborate way of getting that stuff out of the store.

I got a GameBoy plus games and a DiscMan for a fraction of the retail price from him. He also had a VHS duplication rig set up at home, and would take home the latest releases and pirate them.

The store management were already fudging their figures, so the stock loss just went ignored.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

crispix posted:

was the supermarket chain stewarts crazy prices? :corsair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm8AX3pfwDs

I even remember the jingle before I loaded it up.
Wonder what the gently caress happened to the Crazy Prices guy.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

happyhippy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm8AX3pfwDs

I even remember the jingle before I loaded it up.
Wonder what the gently caress happened to the Crazy Prices guy.

the way his expression fades to just a dead-eyed glare at the end lol

fatninja187
Oct 4, 2013

Beware the ninja

Normal day in normal island.

https://twitter.com/NewsForAllUK/status/1418558509285842944

Strong Britain great nation

https://twitter.com/meme5star/status/1418698519871950859

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

So was this a prank and why the gently caress did nobody do poo poo to them

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Lost my middle class faux trendy gin bar job over lockdown so got a job in the local boozer, few shifts in and an old guy asked me if I could play anything that wasn't 'n-word music' .

It kinda made me think about the challenge facing the younger Left trying to organise and collaborate with sections of the working class who may not share progressive beliefs with them, what can be done in these scenarios, has anything interesting been written about it?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Nonsense posted:

So was this a prank and why the gently caress did nobody do poo poo to them

The footage taker assumed it was a prank, gently caress knows if it was a night out, a Fathers for Justice style protest, student rag week, or something else.
One things for certain, Spidey-small-penis is going away for at least 5 years.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

happyhippy posted:

The footage taker assumed it was a prank, gently caress knows if it was a night out, a Fathers for Justice style protest, student rag week, or something else.
One things for certain, Spidey-small-penis is going away for at least 5 years.

Somebody has already found the guys in the video and they do appear to be prank guys.

Also lmao theres another part to the video and they left their one legged mate in the wheelchair behind in the shop, what a depressing set of videos.

https://twitter.com/meme5star/status/1418699832844247041?s=20

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

England's just the US a few months from now so we're just seeing the next step of customer treatment of store employees.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

The sad thing is you can watch that disgusting video and still be like "yeah the UK is still miles better than the U.S. "

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Eh…

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Alan_Shore posted:

The sad thing is you can watch that disgusting video and still be like "yeah the UK is still miles better than the U.S. "

we’re both at the bottom of the poo poo pit flinging poo poo at each other hth

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
comparing the us and the uk is like having a serious argument about which poop on the bristol scale tastes the best. it's all poo poo and only the most deranged of fools would pretend otherwise.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Not really, you'd still be miles better living in the UK for a few reasons.

It's a good question, what country is markedly worse to live in over the uk and USA? Iraq? Egypt? North Korea?

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Alan_Shore posted:

really dont need these insecure vibes

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

Alan_Shore posted:

Not really, you'd still be miles better living in the UK for a few reasons.

It's a good question, what country is markedly worse to live in over the uk and USA? Iraq? Egypt? North Korea?

oh

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Bringing some real knowledge Quotey

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
having lived in or had close family live in both i'd rather be destitute in the UK but middle class in the US. i mean you drop out the second you break your back or whatever but good lord is your earning potential better, particularly when contrasted with the loving cost of living.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

Alan_Shore posted:

Bringing some real knowledge Quotey

i dunno man, if you think that the UK and US are just a bit above NK/Iraq then whats the point in talking to you? anglo countries are very good places to live in compared to the majority of the world

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Quotey posted:

i dunno man, if you think that the UK and US are just a bit above NK/Iraq then whats the point in talking to you? anglo countries are very good places to live in compared to the majority of the world

Depends on who you are really.

fatninja187
Oct 4, 2013

Beware the ninja

eleven extra elephants posted:

Somebody has already found the guys in the video and they do appear to be prank guys.

Also lmao theres another part to the video and they left their one legged mate in the wheelchair behind in the shop, what a depressing set of videos.

https://twitter.com/meme5star/status/1418699832844247041?s=20

What on earth was the prank? and did it go right or did it go wrong?

Was smashing up a supermarket dressed as spiderman a bit for the new jackass film?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
it's not entirely fair though because i would argue most of the parts of the world that are "best" to live in are places like canada and australia. you know, in resource extraction, or some field facilitated by it, tourism maybe. canada, where i'm intending to live, i have repeatedly compared unfavourably to a petrostate. there's a reason why and commonality between those places that means there are all sorts of resources just lying around for us to take, yanno?

if i had to pick i'd pick canada i think, which is fortunate.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

CoolCab posted:

it's not entirely fair though because i would argue most of the parts of the world that are "best" to live in are places like canada and australia. you know, in resource extraction, or some field facilitated by it, tourism maybe. canada, where i'm intending to live, i have repeatedly compared unfavourably to a petrostate. there's a reason why and commonality between those places that means there are all sorts of resources just lying around for us to take, yanno?

if i had to pick i'd pick canada i think, which is fortunate.

The US did a genocide on a whole continent so they could have enough land and resources for all their ambition. The Nazis were just following the same playbook, but they hosed up by picking a continent still populated by white people.

edit: Arguably Canada and Australia too but they had the bad luck of most of the interior territory being extremely hostile to human life.

mrmcd has issued a correction as of 02:24 on Jul 24, 2021

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

mrmcd posted:

The US did a genocide on a whole continent so they could have enough land and resources for all their ambition. The Nazis were just following the same playbook, but they hosed up by picking a continent still populated by white people.

edit: Arguably Canada and Australia too but they had the bad luck of most of the interior territory being extremely hostile to human life.

jesus! i didn't know this! i'm moving right loving now. eswatini presumably has a thriving tech sector. see you guys in 6 hours.

e: just found out about john lennon....

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Uh...yeah it's tyranny what the gently caress did you expect this is England we're talking about.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

XMNN posted:

one of the most insane bits of the covid conspiracy theory to me is the idea that the government is desperate to shut down everything in the face of them consistently failing to shut down anything until they actually have ro

Yeah but conspiracy theories don't need to make any sense, it's actually more useful to the real bad guys if they are complete nonsense.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I think we should improve society somewhat

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Quotey posted:

like, have you ever seen some of the more destitute parts of the us? anglo countries are better on average sure, but the lows are absolutely comparable to third-world countries

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

eleven extra elephants posted:

Lost my middle class faux trendy gin bar job over lockdown so got a job in the local boozer, few shifts in and an old guy asked me if I could play anything that wasn't 'n-word music' .

It kinda made me think about the challenge facing the younger Left trying to organise and collaborate with sections of the working class who may not share progressive beliefs with them, what can be done in these scenarios, has anything interesting been written about it?

'How to organise white and non white people when the white people are racist' is not a new situation, you can find lots of historical cases around the world but the general thrust is having a struggle and an organisation which requires participation and collaboration between members to get results which the prejudiced people understand is more important than their prejudice.

You can look at Fred Hampton and the Black Panthers, the reciprocation between Lesbians and Gays support the Miners and the unions subsequent support for gay rights despite widespread homophobia at the time, the CPGB getting their audience to go to Cable street despite general anti-semitic views in the working class at the time, general union principles that you defend your members and stand next to them on the picket line regardless of your personal opinion of them, etc.

Basically if there's nothing at stake then there's little you can say but 'You need to work together or you will lose' is a powerful statement to get over individual prejudice in the short and long term.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
just a member of labours NEC essentially calling for armed invasion of gaza

https://twitter.com/O_lloyd/status/1418682121212805128?s=20

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Jose posted:

you'd also need to invade the west bank to drag out all the settlers, because any Israeli government that demolishes a settlement would get assassinated and or couped/ start a civil war.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/JackoJacklin/status/1418658089172078594/photo/1

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i went to sainsburys yesterdays and all the shelves were fully stocked. i'm just going to assume that photo is from down south because they're all savages. Basically everyone is still wearing masks here

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the key is to live in an area where people have enough disposable income and also absolutely no shame in buying enough food for 12 families which they will mostly spoil and throw out

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

PawParole posted:

you'd also need to invade the west bank to drag out all the settlers, because any Israeli government that demolishes a settlement would get assassinated and or couped/ start a civil war.

am i a bad person if it would be kind of amusing to see the homes of settlers bulldozed to build houses for palestinians

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Doctor Jeep posted:

am i a bad person if it would be kind of amusing to see the homes of settlers bulldozed to build houses for palestinians

yes, you should find it extremely amusing

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol

https://twitter.com/EleniCourea/status/1418926260785451009?s=19

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/davidschneider/status/1418905576436813835?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Jose posted:

Ah yes, the ol' "unequivocal condemnation of terrorism" which exclusively calls for the dissolution of Palestinian groups and groups condemning Israel, and also condoning ethnic cleansing. Classy stuff.