Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Gotta say I'm curious how the 'he's really just a dick' route would go, cause it's true he really get didn't along with Louisoix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
Travanchet is still somewhere unknown and plausibly looks like he could be related to that family, the ascian doesn't need to be dad

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

There is also a possibility that heis actually trying to protect the twins, but choose to do so in the most dickish way possible due to his isolationist bias.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

FortMan posted:

There is also a possibility that heis actually trying to protect the twins, but choose to do so in the most dickish way possible due to his isolationist bias.
Yeah, Ishikawa seems like she could bring of the nuances of 'this guy had an understandable motive, not even a bad one, but is a complete dipshit'

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

I do have to wonder what happened when Fourchenault got home, and mommy Leveilleur is all "How are the kids?"

"You did WHAT?"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

sweet geek swag posted:

I do have to wonder what happened when Fourchenault got home, and mommy Leveilleur is all "How are the kids?"

"You did WHAT?"

yea that's what I'm curious about most for Leveilleur Family Drama, we got shown a house that would be 'important' and looked like a fancy pants mansion and oddly nobody even mentioned Mrs Leveilleur in the whole thing, it feels like if she was dead or something it'd have come up by now so I wonder what she's gonna do come EW.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think he mentioned their mom, actually.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Waffleman_ posted:

The kids asked and he said like "ah yes, she is well". I don't think we have her name yet.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
^^^ah alright, well nice to know she's alive at least.

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh? Seems I forgot it then!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Yup, something like 'your mother will be glad to know you're well' just a little bit before going all jerky.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Meeting her is probably one of the things I'm looking forward to most. Wanna see what her relationship with the twins is like.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Yeah, to my memory they just said she's well, the usual pleasantries.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Her name is supposedly Ameliance, according to Final Fantasy wiki. I suppose some background story mentioned it.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
We heard it from Fourchenault himself.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately
I feel like we can read a lot from the fact that the twins' parents used to put them in the same outfit despite neither one of them apparently liking the whole "we're identical!" schtick very much and Alisaie in particular HATING it.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Jetrauben posted:

I feel like we can read a lot from the fact that the twins' parents used to put them in the same outfit despite neither one of them apparently liking the whole "we're identical!" schtick very much and Alisaie in particular HATING it.

That they're parents of twins in a visual media? That always happens.

FrozenGoldfishGod
Oct 29, 2009

JUST LOOK AT THIS SHIT POST!

Cleretic posted:

That they're parents of twins in a visual media? That always happens.

Art imitates life. I was friends with a couple of sets of twins for most of my public education, and as far as I know their families didn't know each other, but their parents made a point, throughout elementary school, of dressing them like each other. They reacted pretty much exactly like Alphinaud and Alisaie, too - as soon as they hit middle-school age, they started dressing as differently as they could.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

alternatively mom ascian so dad disowned them so they'd never be faced with having to see their mom bust out the mask

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

FrozenGoldfishGod posted:

Art imitates life. I was friends with a couple of sets of twins for most of my public education, and as far as I know their families didn't know each other, but their parents made a point, throughout elementary school, of dressing them like each other. They reacted pretty much exactly like Alphinaud and Alisaie, too - as soon as they hit middle-school age, they started dressing as differently as they could.

My brother and I had to deal with that. Parents were good about the whole thing, and though it was subtle it was possible to tell us apart if folks made the effort (usually, there's a whole bunch of psychology about how folks recognize faces that comes into play), most people outside the family though? Jerks. I didn't mind when people got my name wrong, at least they made an attempt, it's when they made up mashup names because they cared so little about us as separate people that they didn't want to try. I don't think we ever really blamed each other but there was a lot of stress and trying not to step on each others' toes going on. We went to college on opposite sides of the country and get along a LOT better these days when we have our own spheres.

Could be worse, I knew a guy just named Z whose parents wanted to be cute with A and Z twin names but didn't like the sound of any Z ones. Last I heard he was going by Zed and not visiting home. People get weird about twins.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Jetrauben posted:

In-universe, yeah, it's just a parent thing, but, wasn't the whole reason we have twins in the first place was because the dev team needed another character but didn't have the budget or time to create a new one, so they just copypasted Alphinaud and said "It's his sister!"

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Other way around, actually, though I don't blame you considering how long it takes Alisaie to become a significant player in the main story quest compared to her brother.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea funny enough Alisaie was the 'original', hence the meme about calling Alphinaud 'Boy Alisaie'.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i dont think ive ever heard that meme

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Yeah that’s a first even having played since ARR

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

What's important to me is if they ever get grown up models, they need to continue being identical aside from the hair ribbon. :colbert:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Eimi posted:

What's important to me is if they ever get grown up models, they need to continue being identical aside from the hair ribbon. :colbert:

Alisae will model change to a Hrothgar and Alph will somehow lose 2 inches of height.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ImpAtom posted:

Alisae will model change to a Hrothgar and Alph will somehow lose 2 inches of height.

yes, Lalafell Alphinaud, good.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Adult Ali will use the Highlady skeleton but with some custom elf features and Adult Alphi will be as he is now but 3 inches taller.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Alphinaud will still be exactly the same height at Louisoix's age while confidently claiming that some elezen's growth spurts are simply delayed.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Alphinaud will, in fact, be exactly one ilm taller.

Alisae, of course, will be Viera height.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
imo it would be much funnier for alphinaud to become enormous and ripped but still be clumsy and bashful, while alisae remains small and pissed about it

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

i want them to be short forever.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Countblanc posted:

imo it would be much funnier for alphinaud to become enormous and ripped but still be clumsy and bashful, while alisae remains small and pissed about it

Oh God, Alphi as a smart himbo?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Countblanc posted:

by law of comedy alphinaud isn't allowed to become conventionally huge as he has expressed a desire for it
he could, however, become xande-sized, as that would be well beyond what he wanted

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
you're right, i forgot he threatened to tower over Arenvald.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Countblanc posted:

you're right, i forgot he threatened to tower over Arenvald.

Well, that one already came ironically true.

I'll be satisfied if they just give Alisaie her growth-spurt model two patches before her brother.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Oh God, Alphi as a smart himbo?

He's smart but not street smart.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Are grown up models for Alisaie and Alphinaud a thing the devs have said they're working on, or is this just wishful thinking?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
There's no way it'd be coming before 7.0. Or at least 6.1. A time skip after endwalker seems plausible but there's no way they'd confirm it this early

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

sweet geek swag posted:

Are grown up models for Alisaie and Alphinaud a thing the devs have said they're working on, or is this just wishful thinking?

There was an exchange in the last patch MSQ between Alphinaud and Urianger about when elezen get growth spurts and thats being read as a hint.

I'm really shocked they didn't take the opportunity in Shadowbringers but I guess that doesn't quite work because their souls were aging at an accelerated rate and not their bodies so to be consistent they'd be taller in the first and then go back to their current size in the source. Though that could've been funny I guess.