Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Synthbuttrange posted:

https://twitter.com/SebStarcevic/status/1418784718598774785?s=20

GREAT THERES loving LOCKDOWN PROTESTS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY

INCLUDING MELBOURNE AND SYDNEY

Contrary to what you might think, the man breathing fire is actually an essential worker desperately trying to maintain social distancing.

He works at the circus. Essential!

Why aren't those cops arresting people breaching lockdown rules?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lockdown until 2022 baby

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Konomex posted:

Not enough lefty signs about climate change or don’t murder refugees

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Konomex posted:

Contrary to what you might think, the man breathing fire is actually an essential worker desperately trying to maintain social distancing.

Can't wear a mask if your breath is fire. Take that cops.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Konomex posted:

That's a nice essential job you have

For a clown to work

At the circus

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Tomberforce posted:

Can't wear a mask if your breath is fire. Take that cops.

https://twitter.com/chaaarbs/status/1418813029718822915

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Konomex posted:

fire breathing is a rad way to ensure social distancing is maintained :vd:

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Huh that's a lot of red caps

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Who could possibly have foreseen this

quote:

All adults in Greater Sydney should “strongly consider” getting vaccinated with any available vaccine, including AstraZeneca, Australia's expert vaccines body says.

The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) said the new advice was being issued because of the increasing risk of COVID-19 in the city, and emerging data on the severity of the Delta strain.

The group urged all adults in Greater Sydney to consider the benefits of being vaccinated sooner, rather than waiting for alternative vaccines to be made available.

It said the benefits of any available vaccine outweighed any risk of rare side effects associated with AstraZeneca.

Well I hope those people who decided not to partake are still not infected in 8-12 weeks for their 2nd shot. I do have sympathy for those who were blocked from getting their jab despite wanting to get it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm getting Pfizer next week. Can't wait to attend a protest for freedom.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Synthbuttrange posted:

https://twitter.com/SebStarcevic/status/1418784718598774785?s=20

GREAT THERES loving LOCKDOWN PROTESTS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY

INCLUDING MELBOURNE AND SYDNEY

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
CelestialScribe is back

https://twitter.com/adamliaw/status/1418824718077988864?s=20

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Haha, holy poo poo

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Comstar posted:

Well I hope those people who decided not to partake are still not infected in 8-12 weeks for their 2nd shot. I do have sympathy for those who were blocked from getting their jab despite wanting to get it.

lol, imagine waiting for medical advice rather than chugging Scott Morrison’s piss at the earliest opportunity, the absolute rubes

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
ATAGI only had to change their advice because of loving ScoMo in the first place.

Maybe blame him, not the people who listened to actual medical experts.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Comstar posted:

The medical advice changed because the risk profile changed, and only in Sydney. Makes sense? Following medical advice rather than goons melting down seems like a good idea to me.

evilbastard
Mar 6, 2003

Hair Elf

Konomex posted:

Because the police are outnumbered, and it will lead to further violence. There is a process here to deescalate, let the idiots wear themselves out walking, then grab everyone involved individually a few days later.

The 22 person "Strike force" that was announced is going to spend the night lodging metadata requests for mobile phone carriers, asking for details on all phones that started at X and moved to Y during a set time frame. Marchers will stand out very differently to people walking around, because pedestrians are on the footpath, but the marchers all nicely isolated themselves in the middle of the road.

The mobile phone carriers will hand them over - no warrant needed for Metadata, after all.

The NSW police will go to a judge and ask for a warrant to id the list of 5,000 odd telephone numbers, reason is organised assault on Police. This means warrant will be basically instantly approved.

The Strike force will spend the next few days writing up requests, removing journalists and other known mobile phone numbers from the database, and possibly lodging further metadata requests for mobile phones to see who travelled with who and where they ended up.

Wednesday morning there will be a series of dawn arrests, with a press release thanking the Sydney CCD network and media images for having ID'd everyone

This is exactly the same system used for the 2012 Sydney Islamic protests. Mass policing got a shitload easier when everyone went out and bought a personalised tracking device, and then willingly walked it through the highest fidelity mobile phone network in Australia.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Sounds like it's a drinking night

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

kirbysuperstar posted:

that's every night

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

stoked for a longer lockdown from a super spreader at todays melb lockdown protest

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

evilbastard posted:

Because the police are outnumbered, and it will lead to further violence. There is a process here to deescalate, let the idiots wear themselves out walking, then grab everyone involved individually a few days later.

The 22 person "Strike force" that was announced is going to spend the night lodging metadata requests for mobile phone carriers, asking for details on all phones that started at X and moved to Y during a set time frame. Marchers will stand out very differently to people walking around, because pedestrians are on the footpath, but the marchers all nicely isolated themselves in the middle of the road.

The mobile phone carriers will hand them over - no warrant needed for Metadata, after all.

The NSW police will go to a judge and ask for a warrant to id the list of 5,000 odd telephone numbers, reason is organised assault on Police. This means warrant will be basically instantly approved.

The Strike force will spend the next few days writing up requests, removing journalists and other known mobile phone numbers from the database, and possibly lodging further metadata requests for mobile phones to see who travelled with who and where they ended up.

Wednesday morning there will be a series of dawn arrests, with a press release thanking the Sydney CCD network and media images for having ID'd everyone

This is exactly the same system used for the 2012 Sydney Islamic protests. Mass policing got a shitload easier when everyone went out and bought a personalised tracking device, and then willingly walked it through the highest fidelity mobile phone network in Australia.

:jackbud:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

hambeet posted:

that's every night

You're.. Not wrong. My anxiety has been whack throughout this. Are CBD gummies still "illegal"?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

You're.. Not wrong. My anxiety has been whack throughout this. Are CBD gummies still "illegal"?

I brought about 500G back from hawaii in my checked baggage without any issues.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

evilbastard posted:

Mass policing got a shitload easier when everyone went out and bought a personalised tracking device, and then willingly walked it through the highest fidelity mobile phone network in Australia.

Yeah it's always wild watching people cry about their losses of freedom when they've slept through so much being taken away from them already, but the minute they're asked to not spread the plague they want to go out and scream.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

hambeet posted:

stoked for a longer lockdown from a super spreader at todays melb lockdown protest

Drinking night baby

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

kirbysuperstar posted:

i'm spewin' that the suntory double lemon hasn't appeared yet at the local liquorland

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Zetsubou-san posted:

i'm spewin' that the suntory double lemon hasn't appeared yet at the local liquorland

drat that sounds pretty nice actually

Laserface posted:

I brought about 500G back from hawaii in my checked baggage without any issues.

Lol fair enough, time to figure that out

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

if i wasnt laughing id be crying. leaders are useless, people are idiots, we're hosed.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

quote:

But the second point, and perhaps the more significant one, is that there is a fundamental difference in the way that Sydney and Melbourne view Covid-19 and all its accompanying carnage – both biological and man-made.

Sydney is a city built on risk. It was a risk for the first white settlers to come here – not to mention the ones who came 40,000 years earlier – and it has been a battleground for survival ever since.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Stay safe out there

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

tell whoever wrote this to go fuckemselves

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

evilbastard posted:

I don't condone todays protest but this loving sucks

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ideally antilockdowners and police annihilate each other.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

bolt?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Nah. Bolt wouldn't have acknowledged the Aborigines.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

I thought it was PVO

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

worse

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Zombie John Laws?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Police would have beaten the poo poo out of them if they were anything remotely leftist or nonwhite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Police would have beaten the poo poo out of them if they were anything remotely leftist or nonwhite.

There were a couple rear end beatings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgI_EKXdHaY