Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Cryptix posted:

Just because I condition my hair while showering with

doesn't mean I'm redarded.

You're lucky I still shower, Papa Glutt.

Thats a big container of horse hooves...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrZepam
Mar 15, 2021
Clueless returning player, was mostly playing as holy staff 2y ago. the game changed a lot and it seems to work on mobile. Applied to 42069.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

DrZepam posted:

Clueless returning player, was mostly playing as holy staff 2y ago. the game changed a lot and it seems to work on mobile. Applied to 42069.

char name?

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I applied to 42069 as EzTreezy and messaged you on discord

DrZepam
Mar 15, 2021

toon name DrZepam.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Khorne posted:

I applied to 42069 as EzTreezy and messaged you on discord

Accepted

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

DrZepam posted:

toon name DrZepam.

This one is done as well <3

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
ive been playin dis some. making a warlock to troll the enemy and skill skeletons etc. harvesting cotton also to make beautiful low poly clothes for the newest entrant into my cyber harem

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
one thing this game needs is jester hat. another thing it needs is the bonnet or floppy hat. case closed.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
some other things it should have are explosion, energy bolt, and a halberd. just some original ideas ive had about this game.

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007

Smythe posted:

some other things it should have are explosion, energy bolt, and a halberd. just some original ideas ive had about this game.

It has the floppy hat already, its all i wear. But yea the game could use explosions and bolts and exploding energy bolts. idk what a halberd is but that could be cool. And instead of cotton harvest wood and you can use the sticks to hit things with, youre welcome

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I think it does have a jester hat you can wear on your head, but mostly the jester hat is used as an offhand

Khorne
May 1, 2002
(1) How do I get in a fame farming group of some kind? I did read the fame farming builds on discord. I've been doing solo dungeons but it's mostly as spear so far which isn't great for groups.

(2) How do I decide on a spec to go for first. I am interested in cursed staff (any kind, I've mostly used cursed skull in cds but am cool with playing support in zvz), frost staff (haven't really leveled it solo because it seems good for groups, altho not having access to 3rd q is probably not good news for any group I join), most types of support I guess (healing/locus seemed alright, I healed a bunch of random arenas as nature, I didn't try hallowfall/holy yet ). I tend to like classes/specs that can contribute a ton in whatever situation they're in even if it's a non-damage, non-healing support. I also like things with a needlessly high skill cap.

(3) how do mandatory ctas work for awful company 42069, I am aware I have low ip except with spirithunter & would be more than willing to play locust/healer just to check out zvz/cta stuff. I just don't know how any of the... guild/alliance specific aspects of it work... and didn't really see an explanation on the discord. I did read the builds & bible on discord.

(4) I messed around in the black zones today and it mostly went okay. I'm up ~10x the cost of my <200k set. Except the time I wandered into 20+ people who were ganking because I am an idiot who went north portal -> north west -> walked near 1 map from west portal's entrance to west portal by accident (but not close enough for bubble). There was a series of unfortunate events there, including people's nameplates appearing in every direction at the same time including the one I came from despite never seeing a nameplate before that. And multiple people who were already dismounted and casting spells at me within the first two seconds of seeing them. also the guild had a really lame name like grim reapers or something & was not in an alliance

Khorne fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jul 14, 2021

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

baby delivery truck posted:

It has the floppy hat already, its all i wear. But yea the game could use explosions and bolts and exploding energy bolts. idk what a halberd is but that could be cool. And instead of cotton harvest wood and you can use the sticks to hit things with, youre welcome

im just listing uo things. thank you for the info also. =D

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Smythe posted:

im just listing uo things. thank you for the info also. =D

You can throw a spear in this game... unlike UO :(

Khorne
May 1, 2002
this game is great just wanna get that in here

most fun I've had playing an MMO since Ragnarok Online or maybe wotlk era WoW. The real slow movement speed is a bit weird but everything else is pretty cool.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
A bunch of people from our Eve Echos Corp started playing AO this week, since a lot of other people in Echoes seemed to have started playing too. We have our own little guild and have been having a good time messing about. I think we're going to try doing some small gang pvp tonight in lovely gear to get a feel for that part of the game. Any tips for us from some of the bitter vets?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Crell posted:

A bunch of people from our Eve Echos Corp started playing AO this week, since a lot of other people in Echoes seemed to have started playing too. We have our own little guild and have been having a good time messing about. I think we're going to try doing some small gang pvp tonight in lovely gear to get a feel for that part of the game. Any tips for us from some of the bitter vets?

Target T7/T8 zones close to the portals and keep moving. Spend a few minutes in t8 zones trying to watch for people panic leaving dungeons, but generally if you find an empty zone just go next. Have everyone bring a bunch of t8 poisons (different level poison effects won’t stack). Pony up for fast mounts - swift claws - even if it’s the most expensive part of your build

For gear bring whatever ganking stuff you like - double bladed staff and 1h frost are the best weapons for dismounting. Blood letter is a trap and anyone who ganks with a BL is either god tier or absolutely useless and just trying to be the first on the corpse for loot. Graveguard armors special ability, the chain pull is really useful. You definitely want to have a few people with fiend cowl so you can purge targets’ mobility skills and a few people with stalker hood or guardian armor so you can break invis.

Besides that the most important thing is making sure you spread out and try to get cut offs - if everyone chases the dude you want to gank they’ll just run away - it’s really really important that people try to get ahead of exits or choke points and be ready to throw poisons/stuns to dismount. It takes a bit of experience to know when you can dismount next to someone who is mounted and be able to catch up to attack them, but it’s very possible.

If you have more than like 10 people bring some utility/zvz sets to swap into - a few healing staffs, locus, poo poo like that. If you find yourself against a larger group swap to your zvz sets and try to stay organized

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jul 24, 2021

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Crell posted:

All goons? If so -- PM me on discord: GluttonySDS#0952 -- your best bet is to get linked up with ARCH somehow so you can get an easier place to fame/play in the blackzone.

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
I am going to try this neat game, in game as greasyhandz

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

causticBeet posted:

Target T7/T8 zones close to the portals and keep moving. Spend a few minutes in t8 zones trying to watch for people panic leaving dungeons, but generally if you find an empty zone just go next. Have everyone bring a bunch of t8 poisons (different level poison effects won’t stack). Pony up for fast mounts - swift claws - even if it’s the most expensive part of your build

For gear bring whatever ganking stuff you like - double bladed staff and 1h frost are the best weapons for dismounting. Blood letter is a trap and anyone who ganks with a BL is either god tier or absolutely useless and just trying to be the first on the corpse for loot. Graveguard armors special ability, the chain pull is really useful. You definitely want to have a few people with fiend cowl so you can purge targets’ mobility skills and a few people with stalker hood or guardian armor so you can break invis.

Besides that the most important thing is making sure you spread out and try to get cut offs - if everyone chases the dude you want to gank they’ll just run away - it’s really really important that people try to get ahead of exits or choke points and be ready to throw poisons/stuns to dismount. It takes a bit of experience to know when you can dismount next to someone who is mounted and be able to catch up to attack them, but it’s very possible.

If you have more than like 10 people bring some utility/zvz sets to swap into - a few healing staffs, locus, poo poo like that. If you find yourself against a larger group swap to your zvz sets and try to stay organized

Thanks for the great write up. We still haven't gone out yet, but this is very helpful!

quote="FormerFatty" post="516474798"]
All goons? If so -- PM me on discord: GluttonySDS#0952 -- your best bet is to get linked up with ARCH somehow so you can get an easier place to fame/play in the blackzone.
[/quote]

Mostly all goons, a few pubbies that we've let into the group as well. We're not sure exactly what we want to do at the moment, we're having a lot of fun just messing around together. I don't really plan on doing any leadership type of things for this, so maybe one of the others will give you a shout and see if we can get linked up with the bigger clan warfare type stuff. We've been throwing around the idea of living in this road space, which seems like eve wormholes?? WHO KNOWS!

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
its extremely eve wormholes. like, BLATANTLY eve wormholes.

they even LOOK like wormholes

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

So, I haven't thought about this game in absolute ages, but when I saw it listed in the play store I remembered using disposable weapons to try and kill people as soon as they left their homes or something... Turns out I still have an old "Epic Founder" account, but when I logged in on my phone I dont't seem to have a character anymore.

Is the mobile version a different server / shard? Was there a wipe in the past? Is it worth even trying to figure out what happened to my old character if I have no clue what state they were left in?

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

All the mobile versions are on the same server as desktop. Not sure what happened to your character but there hasn’t been a wipe as far as I’m aware.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

Yeah, I did a bit of Google and I think there may have been a wipe at the end of Beta, lol.

Yeah it's been long enough that it's a distinct chance I never played since release :P

Maybe I'll just spin up a new character and see what happens.

Edit: made a new character. Looks like I can re-redeem the old founder rewards so that must have been what happened. Won't actually be doing that until I have a safe place to store them since I remember ganking people for them back in the day lol

inkmoth fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jul 30, 2021

Khorne
May 1, 2002
sbi should start banning people with impersonation guild/alliance names

not because it's a big deal, but because it would be extremely funny watching people complain endlessly about 3/7/30 day or whatever bans on reddit & the forums

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

Yeah, I definitely started in the wrong town by not looking closely enough, time to get naked and start over in a new city like normal people do.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

inkmoth posted:

Yeah, I definitely started in the wrong town by not looking closely enough, time to get naked and start over in a new city like normal people do.
Travel is free if you don't bring anything, but you can travel between the royal cities without going into red zones now so depending on what stuff you have you could just haul it over to the town you want to go to.

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?

inkmoth posted:

Looks like I can re-redeem the old founder rewards so that must have been what happened. Won't actually be doing that until I have a safe place to store them since I remember ganking people for them back in the day lol

Redeem your founder rewards and bank them in a major city, but don't sell them just yet. Even though there are buy offers on the auction house for huge amounts of silver, most of the actual values are like 30% more.

I came back last year with a fresh founder's account that I hadn't touched since beta either, and sold all of mine off slowly. Let me focus on learning the game and have fun without worrying about the early silver grind.

(PS I will buy your Spyglass)

Leika
Jul 15, 2021

I recently reactivated by founder account we well and had quite some good and stuff. I sold the silly Ghost wolf skin for 8m silver. I didn't know I could sell the other vanity stuff....

Also my chars where fine and the farm plots were still there. The sheep where in desperate need of milking though after all these years

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

So wait, which capital city do I actually _want_ to be in? I was still planning on running to Caerleon.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Khorne posted:

sbi should start banning people with impersonation guild/alliance names

not because it's a big deal, but because it would be extremely funny watching people complain endlessly about 3/7/30 day or whatever bans on reddit & the forums

This is actually hilarious and the salt from people dumb enough to fall for JARCHKI and get in some big mood where they are very upset that the alliance does not exist to prevent them personally from being ganked while doing PVE is way better and more consistent

Ishvara
Dec 10, 2009

When I die, I hope to go to Heaven, whatever the Hell that is.

FormerFatty posted:

We just want all of the benefits of a mega huge alliance and like zero % of that commitment.

Snaxxor
Jan 18, 2005

cool giraffe with
cool sunglasses
Ishavara, you know all the poo poo, I know you from before with IBD etc. Don't forget the past is all I should say.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Ishvara posted:

We just want all of the benefits of a mega huge alliance and like zero % of that commitment.

Sounds like a typical ARCH player ;)

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

inkmoth posted:

So wait, which capital city do I actually _want_ to be in? I was still planning on running to Caerleon.

Martlock is where all the action is with goons...

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

FormerFatty posted:

[b]CHAT / VOICE HERE: [url] http://www.martlock.com[/url]

the website looks like it's busted. anyway,

I applied to 42069 as Luthaa and will message FormerFatty on Discord messaged GluttonySDS on discord, hopefully i did it right

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Aug 18, 2021

TheShrew
Mar 23, 2009

!I R A SHREW, BITCH!
Started today and just finished the tutorial.

Applied to the guild on FelixDaHousecat and messaged Gluttony, hopefully the guild is still nice and active?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

TheShrew posted:

Started today and just finished the tutorial.

Applied to the guild on FelixDaHousecat and messaged Gluttony, hopefully the guild is still nice and active?

It is...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrivRyan
Aug 3, 2012

This rock smells like stone.
Hey there, just starting out and joining Awful Company 42069. Trying to get auth’ed on the discord, too. :)