Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
It kinda rules that gwen gets the same, like, 10-15 likes per tweet as some rando who thinks they're a real werewolf despite having 25k followers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

it might make a bit more sense when you read up on the author: https://www.margotboyerdry.com/

you need to bold "Trained at UCB" for everyone who will just skim over that.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

need to have some of these people attacking brace sit down, watch STREETWISE, and record a commentary track

jesus the trailer alone got me down

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Wolfsheim posted:

It kinda rules that gwen gets the same, like, 10-15 likes per tweet as some rando who thinks they're a real werewolf despite having 25k followers

who is this gwen person, they seem to have a massive feud with the chapo/trueanon people and think it's reciprocal but I've not heard them mention her

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Breadallelogram posted:

"fair & balanced towards trans people" what the gently caress does that even mean

if they do something bad it's good, there's actually a very valid explanation that your transphobic brain is simply not wired to pick up on

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Seeing lots of “lol” in these takes. Somehow I don’t believe they are actually Laughing Out Loud

They yearn to be launched into the sun

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

christman's theory of the left being so outside power and mainstream culture that it attracts contrarian psychos who can't function in normal society looking pretty solid.

:ssh: it's not "the left" so much as permanently aggrieved people banding together against their perceived aggressors. culture war is 100% the tie that binds. this is why they fight each other constantly, nobody's even attacking them they just feel attacked yknow? you not being vocally for whatever crazy poo poo I personally support is the same as literal violence and is also a hate crime, please do better also you can never be rehabilitated thx

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

christman's theory of the left being so outside power and mainstream culture that it attracts contrarian psychos who can't function in normal society looking pretty solid.

I think a lot of it comes down to estrangement & alienation keeping these people from having any real adults in their lives to provide any clear moral and intellectual guidance, so they're just surrounded by like-minded grown children.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

do you remember the podcast called Chapo Trap House? it was unfortunately destroyed when Gwen Snyder made the patreon go from 175k to 170k coincidentally right after bernie lost

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

lmao it's all coming together
https://twitter.com/braingetter/status/1254106033607360515

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

i say swears online posted:

where am i oriented sexually? turned down!

laughing at this again

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Caleb rules. Listen to the Belac episode of pod about list, everybody.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

there's a gem in every paragraph tho, too much to bold

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

2 thoughts 1 LMFAO and 2 i always thought this chick was hot

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

It's a lot like the movie Tokyo Godfathers except instead of feeding and caring for the baby they pimp it out.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/ComradeLuanne/status/1418980980854034436?s=19

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

there's a gem in every paragraph tho, too much to bold

boring academic cum soulless corporate flunkie cum blogger cum UCB trained freelance writer for the New York Times is the career trajectory of one of the masked people in Eyes Wide Shut

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Smythe posted:

2 thoughts 1 LMFAO and 2 i always thought this chick was hot

That’s David Mamet’s daughter bro.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

XMNN posted:

who is this gwen person, they seem to have a massive feud with the chapo/trueanon people and think it's reciprocal but I've not heard them mention her

Some psycho lib who is knowingly or unknowingly an agent provocateur and wrecker.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

hehehehe

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Gwen Snyder claims to be an organizing expert, but was thrown out of every organization in Philly for being too crazy/creepy.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

Lori Lightfoot

lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Mr Hootington posted:

Some psycho lib who is knowingly or unknowingly an agent provocateur and wrecker.

There are a dozen of these types of people who's only job in life seems to be tweeting about a red blown alliance, and accusing chapo and chapo adjacent people of X, Y, and Z.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

There are a dozen of these types of people who's only job in life seems to be tweeting about a red blown alliance, and accusing chapo and chapo adjacent people of X, Y, and Z.

There's a belief in some circles that internet clout works under Highlander rules, and if they could only slay their posting foe, they would receive all their followers and influence

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm sorry but teaching a literal child to prostitute themselves is trafficking, and is pedophilia, and the "this person is a pedophile" part rather outweighs the "this person is transgender" part

if that's a hot take then roll me in grits and put me in an oven because I'm done

you say hot grits i say natalie portman. dental plan.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
[in The Aristocrats cadence] the American Left!

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
oh so i'm not insane in thinking that this woman was a victim as a child (in multiple ways, really. awful family abandoning her) and the people who did that to her are disgusting, regardless of their gender? because drat i got into a long argument last night about it elsewhere. tbh he shouldn't have deleted his original tweets

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

those most woke position of all time: its ok to be a pedophile pimp as long as you're trans

thats right

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I don't really blame Brace for deleting and backing off, because sometimes you realize the people you're arguing with are actually insane - and the more you engage with them the more likely they will make you crazy too.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
yeah immediately bowing out is definitely better than spending days arguing with anime avatars calling you an antisemitic racist transphobic fascist who will never be convinced otherwise

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

StashAugustine posted:

im kinda hoping that these people are just pre-existing mad at trueanon for dumb reasons and are seizing on anything but

They're too good otherwise and this is all they got. Plus they're a bunch of dumb people who argue about ancillary or self-defeating poo poo like this instead of real politics and strategy.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I can do nothing but sympathize with TS Candii, while wondering exactly what kind of Oliver Twist situation has you learning how to turn tricks from the Artful Fucker or whoever

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I remembered all this crap.
https://twitter.com/liz_franczak/status/1285648242156371969?s=19
https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1285736150104244224?s=19
https://twitter.com/SeanMcCarthyCom/status/1285647481527775232?s=19

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

just realized that the actual impact of that nyt article will be some nyt readers justifying their rape of underage sex workers because it is helping the young abuse victims survive in a bigoted society.

bowing out of this discourse now.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Toph Bei Fong posted:

My "Not a pedophile, just an advocate for child prostitution" shirt has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my shirt

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

just realized that the actual impact of that nyt article will be some nyt readers justifying their rape of underage sex workers because it is helping the young abuse victims survive in a bigoted society.

there's levels to it that are imperceptible to Brace and Liz in this context and each one is worse than the last

it's something hideous written into the history of queer people in this country, of what people think of you and how disposable you can be. it can be a living hell depending where you are

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Shipon posted:

oh so i'm not insane in thinking that this woman was a victim as a child (in multiple ways, really. awful family abandoning her) and the people who did that to her are disgusting, regardless of their gender? because drat i got into a long argument last night about it elsewhere. tbh he shouldn't have deleted his original tweets

No, you're not crazy.

You can always ask if they'd rape a child hire a child prostitute themselves?

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I don't really blame Brace for deleting and backing off, because sometimes you realize the people you're arguing with are actually insane - and the more you engage with them the more likely they will make you crazy too.
honestly yeah this is probably true

Atrocious Joe posted:

gently caress me we're in some dark times. Also lmao at anarchists using the same exact language as libertarian maximalists about age of consent, it really is true that anarchists online now would just have been internet libertarians 15 years ago.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Huh, Gwen doesn't look like her av would suggest

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

There just is no winning vs these people. It's like when brace made fun of vaush for being pro cuban intervention and got called a social fascist.

Toph Bei Fong posted:

There's a belief in some circles that internet clout works under Highlander rules, and if they could only slay their posting foe, they would receive all their followers and influence

Please subscribe to my antifascist communist patreon.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

That’s David Mamet’s daughter bro.

drat no poo poo. crazy