Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Still waiting on the Garfield in Fork-jail shirt Nathen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

reignofevil posted:

Still waiting on the Garfield in Fork-jail shirt Nathen!

:hmmyes:

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
More mental illness on display pls

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Old people, like 60+, still think Garfield and the newspaper comics in general are charming and cute and funny. I could see my mother in law wearing a Garfield shirt but I don't think she has one.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
I'm a Tweety Bird shirt guy myself.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Tasmanian Devil shirt is for when you're feelin' sassy.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Hip hop Bugs and Lola to show you're still hip and with it

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Bloopsy posted:

I'm a Tweety Bird shirt guy myself.

Tha Statement

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

My girlfriend owns these and I think they’re acceptable garfwear

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
I want some more modern gorfl on a shirt

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Lol imagine growing up in a non decadent country then coming here and seeing an entire slob nation wearing Looney Tunes shirts and thinking wow I just need to harness this devotion to cartoon characters and I'll be insanely wealthy. There's something very Coming to America about all this- despite Nathen's perfect received pronunciation all his written dicta have a very foreign flavor, no pun intended. Like it feels like a foreign mind devising all this poo poo because of just how badly it misses the mark. If it ended there, that would be fine and not worthy of ridicule- but his very public aggrievement makes it something you can't feel sorry for or stop looking at. I guess this is the feeling they call "entergagement".

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Where'd she find these? Asking for a friend.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Those ATHF bits are the fresh parmesan on this thread of great Bolognese that just keeps on giving!

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'm looking at the merch on his website and I still don't understand who these people are that he's expecting to wear Garfield t-shirts in 2021. I know I shouldn't be ascribing rationality to it but it's all so weird.

I think it's more akin to the fact that you see a lot of geek culture/cartoon/fandom t-shirts in public these days, far more so in the past decade than before in my lifetime unless you were at a theme park. So Nathen sees dads wearing Darth Vader shirts and moms wearing Marvel while the kids wear Paw Patrol, and he thinks he can sell his branded poo poo to all of them. Speaking of theme parks...

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Lol imagine growing up in a non decadent country then coming here and seeing an entire slob nation wearing Looney Tunes shirts and thinking wow I just need to harness this devotion to cartoon characters and I'll be insanely wealthy.

There is a full-on Warner Bros. theme park in Abu Dhabi so it's not necessarily a byproduct of local North American decadence, materialism, and excess. There's film of Walt Disney himself giving a personal tour to the Shah of Iran (as Walt gave to any world leader when they visited) and the human condition does require us to be entertained, so I think the global market for cartoon characters is far less Western cultural imperialism and more a case of a universal appeal, that just happened to be invented and culturally baptized by one group before the rest got around to it. (And in the annals of "that's a stretch!": the same could be said about fireworks. If the Chinese hadn't invented it first, someone else eventually would have.)

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Lol imagine growing up in a non decadent country then coming here and seeing an entire slob nation wearing Looney Tunes shirts and thinking wow I just need to harness this devotion to cartoon characters and I'll be insanely wealthy. There's something very Coming to America about all this- despite Nathen's perfect received pronunciation all his written dicta have a very foreign flavor, no pun intended. Like it feels like a foreign mind devising all this poo poo because of just how badly it misses the mark. If it ended there, that would be fine and not worthy of ridicule- but his very public aggrievement makes it something you can't feel sorry for or stop looking at. I guess this is the feeling they call "entergagement".

When I think of "non-decadent countries" Saudi Arabia is definitely the first to come to mind

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Coming to America

he's in Canada

and from Dubai, apparently

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

that's why Garfield keeps trying to send Nermal there

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Why do people reply to posts they haven't read or don't understand?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

azurite posted:

Where'd she find these? Asking for a friend.

Same but asking for me. I really want that Evangelion shirt.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

deedee megadoodoo posted:

How does she feel about overpriced lasagna?

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

Howard Beale posted:

nathen make the money, see
nathen license cartoons, G

drivin in his car
livin like a star
slappin Scoobert Doobert on lasagnas near n' far

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Cross-post from the DeviantArt thread:

This is going to awaken something in Nathen. If it isn’t already awake.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

yr new gurlfrand! posted:

I want some more modern gorfl on a shirt

This is Garfield after Nathen starts ramming his hot dog up there.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I found the Evangelion shirt: https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/7164618-neon-genesis-evangelion-garfield-meme

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Why is his tail also muscular :stonk:

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Lieutenant Dan posted:

drivin in his car
livin like a star
slappin Scoobert Doobert on lasagnas near n' far

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

steinrokkan posted:

What tail?

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Yeah that’s where she got it. The other is from here: https://finesoutherngentlemen.com/collections/shirts/products/lasagna-tee

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Well, someone's about to have a weird increase in orders.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Why do people reply to posts they haven't read or don't understand?

i hate mondays

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

Just lol if you skip tail day

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I legit have a regular Garfield Tshirt. an ex got it for me on my birthday the year I kept carpet bombing our discord with garf memes

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
Didn't Nathen end up with a surplus of plain Garf shirts after the garfsteraunt closed? Also, possibly face masks? Am I going insane?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Lieutenant Dan posted:

Didn't Nathen end up with a surplus of plain Garf shirts after the garfsteraunt closed? Also, possibly face masks? Am I going insane?

Time to get in the Garf Gimp suit.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Escape From Noise posted:

Time to get in the Garf Gimp suit.

someone’s going to lasagna fork jail :getin:

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
My friend has a pretty cool Garfield hoody. She claims it's the Cheshire cat but I know better.

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

yr new gurlfrand! posted:

someone’s going to lasagna fork jail :getin:

Life-size fork jail like those BDSM bed-cages, but based on this couch

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it kind of baffles me that this is/was a Toronto/Canada specific thing and he went with Garfield of all IPs. You think he'd be savvy enough to at least take a Canadian franchise and maybe get some :canada: market brownie points. Where's my farm2plate Bert Raccoon Burgers? My Trailer Park Boys: Bubble's Big Cart Lasagna?

I wonder if Red Green would be up for such a lucrative advertising opportunity?

"Every Red Green Show grass-fed jumbo hot dog comes with a roll of duct tape for added re-box reusability!"
“If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you entergaging!.”

Luxrage fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jul 25, 2021

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Luxrage posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it kind of baffles me that this is/was a Toronto/Canada specific thing and he went with Garfield of all IPs. You think he'd be savvy enough to at least take a Canadian franchise and maybe get some :canada: market brownie points. Where's my farm2plate Bert Raccoon Burgers? My Trailer Park Boys: Bubble's Big Cart Lasagna?

"Every Red Green Show grass-fed jumbo hot dog comes with a roll of duct tape for added re-box reusability!"
“If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you entergaging!.”

As bad as Garfield is, it's still a property that's recognizable all around the world whereas the only people who care about canadian properties are actual canadians who are probably a minority among the general populace of their own country.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
At least with Red Green Lasagna you could have red sauce and like, green oregano or basil leaves or some poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Luxrage posted:

No he did it first in the Middle East then it failed or whatever then he tried again in Canada.